Empire Magazine Cover featuring the Joker(TDK)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AstroFan
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/Astrofan428/shffrpz12931291sa9.jpg

sithsaber408
Darn you AST! I was just gonna post that. stick out tongue

Still, he looks awesome!

Can't wait for the trailer.

JediSamuraiMRB
AstroFan you beat me to this. The Joker rocks..

OB1-adobe
I love those socks! big grin

FistOfThe North
I dunno about that look for the Joker. This Joker looks lowly, dirty and broke/poor. The Joker I've always known was sleek, confident has alot of or at least had access to alot of money and well kept hair make up on that was always on well unless Batman beat the silly puddy outta him.

Maybe this is Joker's younger earlier version when he was a small time crook as oppose to a powerful gangster.

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I dunno about that look for the Joker. This Joker looks lowly, dirty and broke/poor. The Joker I've always known was sleek, confident has alot of or at least had access to alot of money and well kept hair make up on that was always on well unless Batman beat the silly puddy outta him.

Maybe this is Joker's younger earlier version when he was a small time crook as oppose to a powerful gangster.

The Joker you describe has been done before. I for one am looking forward to the evolution of the character instead of the same old re-hashing of the same old character. A brand new take on the character should be wild and refreshing to watch!

atharpina
i so hope they work in a visual of the joker through the eyes of a person affected by the scarecrow fear toxin...can you even imagine?

so epic

Mr Parker
Originally posted by FistOfThe North

good post.very good point. thumb up I feel the same exact way you do.Thats a good point.maybe THATS the reason Nolan has decided to go with that look of the joker.I have been scratching my head over this one as well on why Nolan decided for this kind of a look for him and maybe your right,thats a pretty sensible answer for maybe why he has decided to go with this look for Ledger.Makes sense anyways.If thats his reasoning,I can accept the new look of the joker then.

raysch
It is displeasing.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by atharpina
i so hope they work in a visual of the joker through the eyes of a person affected by the scarecrow fear toxin...can you even imagine?

so epic

I'd like to see what the Joker would see if he were affected by the fear toxin. He'd probaby see Batman. Or what the Scarecrow saw when induced by the toxin in "B.Begins", only worse.

He did say "I have given a new name to my pain. And that name is Batman."

frankenfeltch
The Joker would probably see people being happy if he were infected by the fear toxin, he loves decay and death. This Joker is a hybrid of every version of the joker in the comics, dipped in blood. Think Hannibal without the cannibalism. I believe we will all be completely suprised at how dark this film is. All of our speculation will never pin-point Heath's performance.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by frankenfeltch
The Joker would probably see people being happy if he were infected by the fear toxin, he loves decay and death. This Joker is a hybrid of every version of the joker in the comics, dipped in blood. Think Hannibal without the cannibalism. I believe we will all be completely suprised at how dark this film is. All of our speculation will never pin-point Heath's performance.

The fear toxin induces fear. Joker won't see happy people. He'll see what scares the living daylights (or darkness) outta him. And there's nothing he's more scared of than the Batman.

sithsaber408
Here's a new pic from Wizard Magazine, it's kinda goofy lookin:

@st
He is a pyscho clown, goofy isnt surprising. stick out tongue

CrazyEyes
OK, this new Joker is freaky and very striking. But I LOVE IT!!! Didn't really like him in the original film, wanted a more striking and modern Joker. This version of The Joker is exactually what I wanted after the new Scarcrow of Batman Begins. They have a chance now to do the comics justice and by incorporating the dark, more menacing Jokers of the comics will make his portrayal that much better, more gritty and an excellent foil for the new Batman.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by CrazyEyes
OK, this new Joker is freaky and very striking. But I LOVE IT!!! Didn't really like him in the original film, wanted a more striking and modern Joker. This version of The Joker is exactually what I wanted after the new Scarcrow of Batman Begins. They have a chance now to do the comics justice and by incorporating the dark, more menacing Jokers of the comics will make his portrayal that much better, more gritty and an excellent foil for the new Batman.

Exactly

SelinaAndBruce
He still looks like a cracked out meth clown to me

Bat Dude
Originally posted by CrazyEyes

Not to be mean, but the original film was made in 1989... That's the kind of Joker that was around at that time... So for it's time, it was a pretty modern interpretation...

Every generation has their own version of the character... This just so happens to be the new one...

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Not to be mean, but the original film was made in 1989... That's the kind of Joker that was around at that time... So for it's time, it was a pretty modern interpretation...

Every generation has their own version of the character... This just so happens to be the new one...
*shudders*

You're right though. The only thing about the 1989 Joker that to me seemed off was Jack was a little full for the role but he felt like the Joker to me watching him. I will wait and see Ledger but he just looks so filthy to me. Yick!

atharpina
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
*shudders*

You're right though. The only thing about the 1989 Joker that to me seemed off was Jack was a little full for the role but he felt like the Joker to me watching him. I will wait and see Ledger but he just looks so filthy to me. Yick!

thats probably exactly why they chose to make him look so filthy. it sets him up for us immediatly as someone to be feared. with how high our society lifts up cleanliness, someone so effing dirty lookin would have to be insane...and a creep.

MrCampion
Man I got to get a copy of that issue!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.