Thor vs the X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Thor

vs

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Colossus, Iceman

llagrok
Thor.

pr1983
Which Thor (though in general the average thor should take it imo)

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by pr1983
Which Thor (though in general the average thor should take it imo)

Current Thor.

pr1983
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Current Thor.

then thor, unless as i said, jean can mind control him (im not too up on thor's tp resistance)

nimbus006
Reading the list I was going to say Thor obliterates this team right up until i reached Iceman. Not really sure how that would go. Thor might be able to come up with something creative with Mjolnir in order to BFR, or trap Iceman, but im not so sure. Iceman really cant hurt Thor.

Rutog98
Storm solos him.

llagrok
Hasn't Thor already humiliated Storm?

pr1983
Originally posted by llagrok

yes, when he stood her up for that oh you mean in a fight...

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Rutog98
Storm solos him.

Rutog98

She throws an EMP to his brain and takes him out of the fight.

Bouboumaster
Wolverine! rock

llagrok
Originally posted by Rutog98
She throws an EMP to his brain and takes him out of the fight.

He absorbed it.

2damnloud
X-men

HandOfFate
I give it to the X-men because of Jean's telepathy.

llagrok
Telepathy? ha!

srankmissingnin
Couldn't Jean tk him place briefly while Colossus and Wolverine fastball special his ass?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Thor

vs

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Colossus, Iceman

Thor is good. But not THAT good. Best and cyclops are dead tho. Jean grey and iceman would give thor Fits and Wolvie and Colossus and Gambit can do enough dmg while thor is occupied with the two uber mutants.

nimbus006
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor is good. But not THAT good. Best and cyclops are dead tho. Jean grey and iceman would give thor Fits and Wolvie and Colossus and Gambit can do enough dmg while thor is occupied with the two uber mutants.

First of all Thor could just get airbourne, and dismantle Storm in a lightning slugfest. After that there is no member of this X-Men roster that can fly with him. He could justy pick them off with bolts if he wanted too. Although that wouldn't be very Thor like.

DigiMark007
All I can think of is that issue where Thor BFR's Ymir the frost monster to another dimension, then calmly walks over to Bobby and tells him not to become that. Bobby's almost shites his pants.

Jean is the only real obstacle here. Otherwise, Asgardian curbstomp.

And it's really a shame what the Storm fanboys did to her....no one even likes her anymore, and she gets less respect than before unless it's spite.

jrodslam
Originally posted by DigiMark007
All I can think of is that issue where Thor BFR's Ymir the frost monster to another dimension, then calmly walks over to Bobby and tells him not to become that. Bobby's almost shites his pants.

In Bobbys defense, he was shitting his pants due to the fact of what he just seen and he was only 15 or 16 years old.

Now without BFR, i think Iceman would do much better than Ymir would against Thor.

EDIT: Does Thor have transmutation abilities? And can his bloodflow be affected?

TricksterPriest
Regarding TP: I don't know exactly how strong it is, but Thor has substantial TP resist.

Iceman is the only real problem. But BFR would probably dump his ass elsewhere.

jrodslam
Another thing with BFR concerning Iceman is that you may get rid of his body, but his consciousness may still be around.

2damnloud
Originally posted by nimbus006
First of all Thor could just get airbourne, and dismantle Storm in a lightning slugfest. After that there is no member of this X-Men roster that can fly with him. He could justy pick them off with bolts if he wanted too. Although that wouldn't be very Thor like.

Thor's lightning<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Millions of Stars.

His lightning would be a CAKEWALK for Storm. laughing out loud

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor easily. A hammer throw comes through Jean's head, and the rest Thor probably just goes to town on without exotic powers, except when it comes to Iceman...
I can see Thor gathering him up, and sending him to the sun, or someplace else.

llagrok
Originally posted by jrodslam

Now without BFR, i think Iceman would do much better than Ymir would against Thor.

shifty

Another thing with BFR concerning Iceman is that you may get rid of his body, but his consciousness may still be around.

And when Thor absorbs his soul?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Regarding TP: I don't know exactly how strong it is, but Thor has substantial TP resist. When?

Blood and Thunder?

nvrbeenwthagirl
shifty

And when Thor absorbs his soul?

Now how would he know where to look? Would bobby just stand there like Loki did, waiting for the attack. As a matter of fact, Loki didnt' think Thor was going to do it. The soul absorb trick is OVER RATED.

llagrok
Now how would he know where to look? Would bobby just stand there like Loki did, waiting for the attack. As a matter of fact, Loki didnt' think Thor was going to do it. The soul absorb trick is OVER RATED.

Naw, he'd be knocked unconscious.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Naw, he'd be knocked unconscious.

Didn't know you could knock consciousness unconscious.

llagrok
Didn't know you could knock consciousness unconscious.

Are you just dumb or did your skull bang against TP's bed rail too many times?

lando005
thor stomps a mudhole in everyone except the 2 omegas bobby he would have to bfr and as for jean... even when he kills her we all know she'll be back so it would be best to absorb her soul

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by lando005
thor stomps a mudhole in everyone except the 2 omegas bobby he would have to bfr and as for jean... even when he kills her we all know she'll be back so it would be best to absorb her soul Fail to see how thor can beat two omegas when some of the lessor abstracts can't do it.

Priest
Thor does this to Bobby
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Avengers070-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Avengers070-17.jpg
or just transmutes his ass into helium smile
the rest of the Xmen gets fried.

Larceny

Jean is the only real obstacle here. Otherwise, Asgardian curbstomp.

And it's really a shame what the Storm fanboys did to her....no one even likes her anymore, and she gets less respect than before unless it's spite.

endrict

Yup, because any thread I see with Storm in it...fanboys like 2Damnloud would be all over it, regardless if it's a spite or not.

Soljer
Thor probably has odds, but I wouldn't put it past the X-Men to win this.

Newjak
As of right now there is only two people on that team that can hurt thor possibly. Jean because of her TP.

And Wolverine because of the claws.

And both are not exactly proven going to work.

So as of right now Thor steamrolls the team with little effort.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
As of right now there is only two people on that team that can hurt thor possibly. Jean because of her TP.

And Wolverine because of the claws.

And both are not exactly proven going to work.

So as of right now Thor steamrolls the team with little effort.

Iceman, potentially, can hurt Thor as well.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
Iceman, potentially, can hurt Thor as well. How so.

I mean it isn't like Iceman walks around hurting Herald level people all the time.

Plus Iceman isn't anything Thor hasn't already dealt with.

Soljer
How so.

He has liquid in him. You know - blood?

I mean it isn't like Iceman walks around hurting Herald level people all the time.

Dealt with the stranger. ermm.

Plus Iceman isn't anything Thor hasn't already dealt with.

Not like a telepath or a tiny scrappy fighter with some knives isn't anything he hasn't already dealt with - but you still found reason to mention them.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
He has liquid in him. You know - blood?

Dealt with the stranger. ermm.

Not like a telepath or a tiny scrappy fighter with some knives isn't anything he hasn't already dealt with - but you still found reason to mention them. Yeah because you know being in the cold vacuum of space isn't anything better than what Iceman has done.

Juggernaut knocked down the Stranger smile

And note how little of that I gave them.

Mr. Slippyfist
Depowered, I believe.

guy222
Jean Grey w/PF

http://i108.imagethrust.com/t/814178/ultimatexmen092022023.jpg http://i104.imagethrust.com/t/814179/ultimatexmen092024.jpg

Mindset
Yeah because you know being in the cold vacuum of space isn't anything better than what Iceman has done.

And note how little of that I gave them.

Space doesn't get as cold as Iceman can.

Dark-Jaxx
Wolverine beats him because he's the best at what he does, and since he never specifies exactly what it is he does, we must assume he is best at everything.

Storm beats him when the battle turns into a battle of wills.

Nah, seriously, Thor would more than not win.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
yes, when he stood her up for that, oh you mean in a fight...

laughing

llagrok

basilisk
Cyclops, Wolverine, Beast, & Gambit aren't likely to do much here. Colossus is in a high class these days but he couldn't stand up to the hammer. Storm is a total non-factor.

Jean Grey & Iceman are the only hope for the X-Men. Thor's resistance to TP is all over the place - one minute he is easily controlled the next he isn't. So Jean might be able to at least slow him down. I really don't know about Iceman - he has some pretty high level attacks he could try like the Legion-style snap-freeze, but I wouldn't discount Thor being able to do something to him with the hammer.

I'd give Thor 7/10.

gogogadgetgo
does the x-men have a chance against odin? i dont think so. the x-men are going down in a blink of an eye.

current thor wins 100/10

Newjak
Originally posted by Mindset
Space doesn't get as cold as Iceman can. No it's colder than what Iceman can do.

Iceman has only once reached close to absolute zero. To this day Iceman has yet to do it so space is still better than Iceman. smile

Lord Feron
Originally posted by guy222
Jean Grey w/PF

http://i108.imagethrust.com/t/814178/ultimatexmen092022023.jpg http://i104.imagethrust.com/t/814179/ultimatexmen092024.jpg

If Jean had PF yeah thor would be curbstomped all to hell and if thor doesnt' teleport anyone anywhere I would be hard pressed to see thor come out the victor. I think storm can keep Thor grounded because she could be using tornados mixed in with boulder size hail to make it hard for thor to fight in the air effectively against Jean Grey and iceman and storm. WHen he does get grounded THe xmen will have to be smart. I think beast might come up with a plan to fight because he knows how strong thor and his weaknesses. Beast will def not go head on into this fight. Colossus and Wolf and iceman (b/c he won't really have to worry about getting smashed to nothing)will try and engage Him in close range with some (weak prolly to thor) optic blast but I do believe that he will hurt and atleast distract him while fighting the other 3. All the while jean is is working on a plan with beast on somehting terrible to drop on thor or if not. Jean could try and hold thor in place while peole are beating on him. This is all if Ice-man doesn't need to do moisture inversion or Jean doesnt have PF and thors hammer will make colossus's armor nothing. Im just saying xmen work good as a team and I think people are thinking to much in one on one combat but as a team the X-Men fight well.

llagrok
What are Thor's weaknesses?

Range? lmfao.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mindset
Space doesn't get as cold as Iceman can.

There is nothing colder than absolute zero.

Juntai
Absolute Zero is an impossibility to maintain due to the natural radiation that occurs at a universal level. Space is a few degrees above absolute zero as a standard, due to the same natural radiation that inhabits all space. Absolute zero could only be reached in a void, but then, Ice couldn't exist in that place either, since it's also void of moisture.

If it was claimed Iceman hit absolute zero, it was clearly hyperbole, or very circumstantial. Nothing is colder than empty Space.

Creshosk
There is nothing colder than absolute zero. I hope you're talking about Iceman, since even empty space has background radiation in it that keeps it from being absolute zero. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the light of distant stars or even receive the heat of the sun.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Juntai

If it was claimed Iceman hit absolute zero, it was clearly hyperbole, or very circumstantial. Nothing is colder than empty Space.

That's what I was implying when I said "there is nothing colder than absolute zero".

Iceman cannot get colder than that temperature, especially here on earth.

His best chances would be in the vacuum of space, but even then he would only be able to approach that temp.

However, it's comics and the laws of physics don't always apply.

Lord Feron
Well i don't want to get sucked into this cold temp / iceman but im bored so i will. I think ICeman doesn't simply makes things colder, he can actually slow down the motion of molecules. So with that absolute zero being when everything stops I think Iceman can produce that (ephmasis on I think) effect. As for iceman himself at that tempt i don't think he is being that he able to move his body parts and stuff. So that leads into is aceman colder then the vacume of space.... maybe as cold but idk about colder...

nimbus006
Originally posted by Creshosk
I hope you're talking about Iceman, since even empty space has background radiation in it that keeps it from being absolute zero. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to see the light of distant stars or even receive the heat of the sun.

Of course I'm talking about Iceman, who else would I be referring too.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Well i don't want to get sucked into this cold temp / iceman but im bored so i will. I think ICeman doesn't simply makes things colder, he can actually slow down the motion of molecules. So with that absolute zero being when everything stops I think Iceman can produce that (ephmasis on I think) effect. As for iceman himself at that tempt i don't think he is being that he able to move his body parts and stuff. So that leads into is aceman colder then the vacume of space.... maybe as cold but idk about colder...

I mean yea, it's comics and anything is possible...

People should not be able to fly faster than the speed of light, but somehow they do, and it's because comics rarely obey the laws of physics.

starlock
Not sure if this thread was made while thor had the odin power?

Classic thor looses
Current thor wins

Lord Feron
I mean yea, it's comics and anything is possible...

People should not be able to fly faster than the speed of light, but somehow they do, and it's because comics rarely obey the laws of physics.

true true soooo.... anyway x-men FTW stick out tongue

nimbus006
true true soooo.... anyway x-men FTW stick out tongue

It's a toss up for me.

Classic Thor maybe splits or loses 6/10.

Current Thor probably wins 9-10/10.

Bentley
Thor without CIS sucks the soul out of Iceman and rapes the rest 10/10.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bentley
Thor without CIS sucks the soul out of Iceman and rapes the rest 10/10.

Pretty graphic, sounds like a scene from 8MM.

Lord Feron
Pretty graphic, sounds like a scene from 8MM.
lol hmmm so does Jean no get PF?

nimbus006
lol hmmm so does Jean no get PF?

I would assume not, seeing as how that would be complete overkill.

Lord Feron
I would assume not, seeing as how that would be complete overkill.

pshh fine rolling on floor laughing

psycho gundam

sick

Mindset
No it's colder than what Iceman can do.

Iceman has only once reached close to absolute zero. To this day Iceman has yet to do it so space is still better than Iceman. smile

I'm pretty sure Iceman has frozen things colder than absolute zero, because I remember people whining about how it wasn't possible.

edit: Ok I was wrong, Iceman has frzen something to absolute zero, but HT helped him, although HT helped so it would happen faster.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.