New Pics from INDY IV!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Look pretty cool to me! :woot:

sithsaber408
2.)

sithsaber408
3.)

Admiral Akbar
Nice. Thanks for these pictures. Yeah, I personally think he looks the best in the first picture. Looks like an evolved version of Indy from the Last Crusade. The rest really show his old age, which doesn't really concern me, but it's nice to see him back in his clothing.

sithsaber408
Same pics, just bigger and with the watermarks removed:

sithsaber408
2.) Love this one:

sithsaber408
3.) Indy and the Beef:

amity75
Fantastic! Though he needs to get some dirt on him in the second one! Thanks for posting these!

Admiral Akbar
He looks the youngest in the first one, the last two you really notice his age. Wonder why that is so.

sithsaber408
Uh.... 'cuz he's almost 65? blink

He'd still whoop the lot of us.

Go Indy! happy

Ahnold
Very cool pics indeed (especially that first one). But enough teasing - what about the freakin' *trailer* stick out tongue ?!

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Uh.... 'cuz he's almost 65? blink

He'd still whoop the lot of us.

Go Indy! happy

That doesn't explain why he looks younger in one and not the others.

sithsaber408
Lighting, probably.

Darth Dean
Is the gun smoking in the second photo?

Admiral Akbar
No, I don't see it.

Ahnold
Hey guys. If I were you, I'd enjoy those 3 photos while you can - they've just been taken down from AICN by "The Powers That Be", and I have a feeling that the same may soon happen here. Guess they weren't official releases after all ...

amity75
The lack of a trailer is worrying me. What if Spielberg has realised the whole thing is crap and has scrapped it? Am I being paranoid? Shit! Or is he delaying the release so he can be sure it's more perfect than anything he's done? Shit!

Ahnold
Chill out man stick out tongue . Personally? I'm resoundingly going with Option "B" ...

Captain REX
Yeah, he definitely looks older...

amity75
Is it just me or does Shia look more like a certain French archaeologist than Indy?

sithsaber408
laughing out loud

"Once again Dr. Jones we see that there is nothing that you can possess that I cannot take away."

stick out tongue

Ahnold
"They call him "Bellosh"" big grin ...

Ahnold
Hey guys. First post of 2008, btw (happy new year everyone big grin ) - glad to be here smile . Anyway, on to business.

Surprisingly, no one has yet mentioned the new "Indy IV" photos that were released yesterday, so I thought that I might as well. They were part of a "Vanity Fair" article about "TKOTCS"; I haven't yet read it myself, but it's supposed to contain a few new snippets of info about the film. Check out the article here: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/indianajones200802

The photos are pretty cool (for one thing, we get our first look at Cate Blanchett in character as the Soviet Agent Spalko), but the one that really got my attention is the one I've uploaded below. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a warehouse in the background? And more specifically, THE warehouse? Y'know, the one containing a certain box that's supposed to be being examined by certain top men big grin? My "Indy IV" excitement factor has officially jumped up another notch or 12 big grin ...

Admiral Akbar
They look nice.

amity75
The warehouse photo made me choke on my cornflakes and I can't help thinking that Kate Blanchetts character will have the mother of all horrific deaths in this movie, even rivalling that of Toht in Raiders.

sweersa
Originally posted by sithsaber408
3.)

Didn't know they had LED lights back then lol.

Darth Venom
another

queeq
GL looks like Santa Claus.

Ahnold
Behold another pic below; damn - this movie looks cooler and cooler with each passing image smile ...

queeq
Dunno... from this pic I get the feeling I've seen that before a couple of times in an Indy movie. I'd like to see something different now.

Ahnold
Well then, you might not like the latest image below, which was released yesterday. Looks very cool to me though smile .

Heh - you guys are slow on the uptake these days stick out tongue ; surprised this hasn't been posted already!

queeq
Why not like? Indy with an RPG or bazooka... pretty cool.

Ahnold
Because you said you wanted to see something different; Indy used a bazooka (or at least threatened to) previously in "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" stick out tongue .

Also, here's another newly released image from the film (although not of the best quality):

queeq
Can't wait for the new Empire to come out.

Ahnold
Um, it's out already queeq.

queeq
I know, but it takes a week or two to make it to my house. Subscription and international mail...

Ahnold
Aha, I understand.

Anyway, here's *another* newly released photo which, similar to the one featuring Shia LaBeouf and Karen Allen above, pretty much speaks for itself big grin . Roll on May!

Darth Venom
better one

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Ahnold
Well then, you might not like the latest image below, which was released yesterday. Looks very cool to me though smile .

Heh - you guys are slow on the uptake these days stick out tongue ; surprised this hasn't been posted already!

I agree, the way the way their faces look concerns me. If the point of that moment is to envoke laughter, sorry but I'm not laughing.

queeq
Aha, I understand.

Anyway, here's *another* newly released photo which, similar to the one featuring Shia LaBeouf and Karen Allen above, pretty much speaks for itself big grin . Roll on May!

Crowbars of the Lost Ark?

sweersa
Om my gosh, these pictures are so cool!

This is going to be such a great movie! (I hope.)

I am excited!

queeq
Me too!

Ahnold
Hey guys. Here's another image for ya, hot off the press.

Hmmm - I just hope that's not an *alien* skeleton in the background. Frankly, all this talk of "Indy IV" being like a 1950's Sci-fi B-movie - replete with aliens and Roswell - has me a little bit worried; I thought that the plot was ultimately related to the Ark again?

queeq
Is it that much about aliens then?? I hope not.

Looks like an Indian skeleton though.

Admiral Akbar
Hey guys. Here's another image for ya, hot off the press.

Hmmm - I just hope that's not an *alien* skeleton in the background. Frankly, all this talk of "Indy IV" being like a 1950's Sci-fi B-movie - replete with aliens and Roswell - has me a little bit worried; I thought that the plot was ultimately related to the Ark again?

I hope not..enough with the Ark already, yeah ROTLA was a good film, but I'm hoping to experience something new, something fresh. Let Indy go on a new adventure, not repeat one.

Good Picture though

queeq
Dunno, maybe seeing the Ark again for a brief moment could turn out nicely.

Ahnold
Either way ... aliens??? Really erm ??? Sigh ... well, if it *is* true, then I guess I'll just have to trust Speilberg and Lucas to do it right ...

queeq
The aliens do worry me.

Faith27
Is Sean Connery still on this movie???? smile

queeq
Nope. He never was.

Ahnold
Weeelll ... there *are* rumours that he did film a secret cameo for the upcoming film that we won't know about until May ... which I'd love to be true, but know are probably false sad . Still ...

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
Nope. He never was.

He said retirement is too damn fun or something like that...

I don't know how he could have passed Indy IV up...

Me too!

I hear the trailer comes out next week! Yay!

queeq
Party time... can't wait.

sweersa
Party time... can't wait.

Time to feel like I did before Revenge of the Sith! (Well not quite, I wont feel that way until Episode VII, LOL)

queeq
laughing out loud

Admiral Akbar
New pictures!!! Check them out!!

http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_indy4.php?id=497

Personally, I don't like the picture with the snakes much. Other people have said that the it's funny, but I didn't really get a laugh out of it.

The others are fine though...1 more day till the trailer!!!

queeq
The snake could be a cool scene though.

Trailer day today!

Admiral Akbar
Apparently the snake seen will be cool based on what I saw in the teaser. Being submerged in quicksand and getting out will be interesting to watch.

queeq
Don't they end up ion that tunnel with the retracting steps?

Ahnold
Hey guys.

This hasn't been posted yet (though it was released about a week ago) - it's a close-up of a crystal skull. Hmmm ... looks suspiciously alien in nature, dontcha think? I just hope and pray that this is done right ...

queeq
Is that official?

Stun
well it also appears on the comic book cover featured on my sig, so it could well be. And it does look kinda similar to the skull on the teaser poster

queeq
Oh I believe it, just looking for confirmation.

Admiral Akbar
Yes queeq it has been confirmed.

queeq
Happy Dance

Admiral Akbar
Happy Dance

sweersa
In the Indy 4 trailer, pause when they show the girl in front of the is it...green? crate. It says Roswell 1947.

Admiral Akbar
Yes, yes it does.

queeq
Yes? So? That coincides perfectly with all the rumours.

sweersa
Yes? So? That coincides perfectly with all the rumours.

Whats between rumor and official is what really matters. Rumors are nothing without things like that.

queeq
And that's the trailer. Oh, and the Frank Marshall article in Empire.

sweersa
And that's the trailer. Oh, and the Frank Marshall article in Empire.

Yes, I am not familiar with the Marshall article, what was that about?

queeq
Not much but he did confirm it takes place in Roswell in the fifities (the alien days) and it's about Russians and stuff. All in all: what the rumours said a long time now and the trailer reveals that too.

sweersa
Not much but he did confirm it takes place in Roswell in the fifities (the alien days) and it's about Russians and stuff. All in all: what the rumours said a long time now and the trailer reveals that too.

Cool, that sounds awesome, its all very interesting stuff. I think this movie will be spectacular.

queeq
I hope so.

Stun
i found these book covers which i havent seen before
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/book2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/book1.jpg

...and this one isnt new to me, but i thought i'd post it anyway
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/indycomiccover.jpg
(note - does Shia have Agent Spalko's sword??)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/indy_cinema_thumb.jpg

queeq
Good stuff, even though the book covers look quite cheap and ugly.

Stun
like they usually do then stick out tongue

i'll make a wild prediction that Shia's character kills Spalko and takes her swordlaughing out loud outrageous i know, but i like to speculate. permission to laugh to your heart's content on this one!

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Stun

i'll make a wild prediction that Shia's character kills Spalko and takes her swordlaughing out loud outrageous i know, but i like to speculate. permission to laugh to your heart's content on this one!

Alright... laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

sweersa
I am not crazy about Shia being in this movie, I liked him in Transformers....but, this is Indiana Jones...IDK, I hope it all turns out okay.

I grew up watching him in comedy roles on the Disney Channel as a kid, its hard for me to watch him in serious roles. He sort of bothers me. I hope he does a good job in Indy 4.

queeq

My copies of the first one have the film poster as cover. Looks good to me.

sweersa
My copies of the first one have the film poster as cover. Looks good to me.

My copy is the same, with the holographic red border.

queeq
Sounds cool, I don't have that one.

sweersa
Sounds cool, I don't have that one.

Yeah, I found it at this garage sale. Its in pretty good shape, the same garage sale also had a massive amount of old magazines and fold out Star Wars posters from the late 70's and early 80's. I came home with stacks of great vintage collectible material, and it was such a joy reading through it all.

The kind lady let me have it all for next to nothing. It was such a great day! I was like 12 at the time and I remember how exciting it was!

queeq
I think I'm gonna be robbing your house soon.

sweersa
I think I'm gonna be robbing your house soon.

Hahaha I wouldn't care so much about the Indy book, but the loss of my Star Wars collection would kill me!

If you are interested you can see most of my Star Wars collection here:
http://videopac.nl/forum/index.php?topic=420.0

queeq
Actually... I WAS referring to the SW collection... Thanks for thepics, now I can make a shopping list. I'll go for that pinball machine first.

sweersa
Actually... I WAS referring to the SW collection... Thanks for thepics, now I can make a shopping list. I'll go for that pinball machine first.

Heh, no problem. I'm glad you like it. I'll save this thread, in case my collection happens to disappear one day. :-P

queeq
By then I'll post some pictures of MY NEW COLLECTION. wink

sweersa
By then I'll post some pictures of MY NEW COLLECTION. wink

Then I will have even more proof of who did it. :-P

queeq
Pure coincidence.

Stun
i wish i had more vintage stuff. Sure i've got great collectibles for the future, but it would be nice. I have an old marvel SW comic from 77' and an original Bossk figure from 1980 - so i'm getting therestick out tongue

queeq
I have the Bossk as well... guess the price on that one just went down. wink

sweersa
i wish i had more vintage stuff. Sure i've got great collectibles for the future, but it would be nice. I have an old marvel SW comic from 77' and an original Bossk figure from 1980 - so i'm getting therestick out tongue

I really have never bought anything in my collection from the Internet, ebay, etc. I go to local toy shows and Antique malls to find everything. Garage sales also can have such items if you are lucky.

Pure coincidence.

How would you explain the framed photograph of myself with Jeremy Bulloch and the autographed figure in that same picture that you also have?

queeq
Errrr..... err.... Jeremy gave it to me! Yes! Jeremy and I... we goo way back... waaaaayy back.

sweersa
LOL

And what of my DNA they find on that picture?

queeq
Errrr...errr...... Jeremy gave it to me.... And I have no idea what you had to do to get that picture taken! And frankly, I don't want to know. stick out tongue

sweersa
Errrr...errr...... Jeremy gave it to me.... And I have no idea what you had to do to get that picture taken! And frankly, I don't want to know. stick out tongue

Hahaha

I had to pay ten dollars and show him my Boba Fett.

We actually had a good conversation. I asked him if he ever thought he would reprise his role as Fett in a possible 7, 8, or 9, and he said something like. "George has talked about it but I don't think it will ever happen."

That was pretty exciting.

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
I had to pay ten dollars and show him my Boba Fett.

Is that what you call it? Or did he make you call it that?

Dude... some things you should keep private. big grin

sweersa
Is that what you call it? Or did he make you call it that?

Dude... some things you should keep private. big grin

It was the rare rocket firing Boba Fett! :-P

Keep what private? Oh, I thought for a moment you were referring to Stanly the Power drill.

queeq
Boba and Stanley the Power Drill....?? You know what, I think I'll let you keep that pic.

sweersa
Boba and Stanley the Power Drill....?? You know what, I think I'll let you keep that pic.

Oh, good..you had me worried there. Any chances of you leaving my 1985 Ewoks series animation cel alone also? Thats a one-of-a-kind keeper.

Stun
i have the 'Droids' animation cel but i got it included in the 'Star Wars Vault' so not an originalstick out tongue - by the way if you dont own that book i highley suggest you do!

And the only autograph i have is from the guys who do the incredible cross-sections. They live pretty local, so when i went to the local mall just before AOTC came out i was lucky to meet themstick out tongue oh and it was written in gold pen! lol

queeq
The Vault rules.

Originally posted by sweersa
Oh, good..you had me worried there. Any chances of you leaving my 1985 Ewoks series animation cel alone also? Thats a one-of-a-kind keeper.

Yes, Don't worry. wink

Darth Venom
back to Indi................................. New poster ?

sweersa
The Vault rules.

Yes, Don't worry. wink

Glad to hear it. So can I unlock all of my collection and call off the rent-a-cops now? :-P

i have the 'Droids' animation cel but i got it included in the 'Star Wars Vault' so not an originalstick out tongue - by the way if you dont own that book i highley suggest you do!

And the only autograph i have is from the guys who do the incredible cross-sections. They live pretty local, so when i went to the local mall just before AOTC came out i was lucky to meet themstick out tongue oh and it was written in gold pen! lol

Thats cool, I saw that Vault book at a bookstore, it looks awesome. I hope to get my hands on a copy someday.

I have an incredible cross section book of the original trilogy, I love it. Its awesome that you got to meet the author!

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Darth Venom
back to Indi................................. New poster ?

Doesn't look at that bad.

queeq
Nope... well, Shia looks a tad odd.

sweersa
Nope... well, Shia looks a tad odd.

I agree, I still am not sure if he will work out for this movie...I just hope it does. We will find out soon!

queeq
Soon???? Almost three more months!!!

sweersa
Soon???? Almost three more months!!!

Well, considering the project was in developers hell for a while, and also considering the last indy film came out almost 20 years ago, 3 months will come in no time! :-D

Stun
So that's the theatrical poster? hmm not bad, but i was hoping to have all the characters present and a bit of action on there like TLC poster

queeq
Maybe it's another teaser poster.

sweersa
Maybe it's another teaser poster.

I am hoping it is.

queeq
I saw the trailer in the ater last night: they cut the American flag bit off the beginning of that shot.

sweersa
I saw the trailer in the ater last night: they cut the American flag bit off the beginning of that shot.

Thats so stupid. Thats a good shot of a great flag. I wouldn't care if I saw a movie made in the UK with their flag in it, even if they were doing something i didn't agree with.

I like how they used a 48 start flag which they had at the time, my aunt gave me one of those. Its a nice piece of American history.

queeq
I didn't mind it. THe crane move was beautiful. I wonder why they cut it

sweersa
I didn't mind it. THe crane move was beautiful. I wonder why they cut it

It sure was.

Its possible they cut it because a lot of people (especially overseas) complain or don't like seeing the American flag being superimposed in any way. I remember after Spiderman 3 came out a lot of people were upset the American flag was displayed in such a way. These people mainly didn't like it because they felt it was symbolizing strong American influences and domination of the world, as well as current unpopular or criticized situations the US is involved in.

Personally, I like seeing our symbol of freedom and national pride displayed. Director Sam Raimi has the American flag in his Spiderman films because he is a patriot if I am not mistaken. I believe film directors have every right to show anything in their movies, especially if they are proud of what they are or where they live.

queeq
I agree. It's a bit hypocritical: going to US films in great numbers and then complain about it's americana...

sweersa
I agree. It's a bit hypocritical: going to US films in great numbers and then complain about it's americana...

Yes, thats what I was thinking. People should expect films from a certain place to display it's nation's symbols and banner. And them complaining about it is pretty much pointless unless they just like to make a fuss about things. (Which a lot of people like to do unfortunately.)

queeq
Well, Europeans aren't generally that proud about their country... except for the French. So I think there's a general dislike for nationalism.

sweersa
Well, Europeans aren't generally that proud about their country... except for the French. So I think there's a general dislike for nationalism.

I agree, maybe they feel jealous also, and don't want to express it in anyway so they act rude or just complain. One funny thing about France is that they don't realize how much their culture and nation is being influenced by Americanism like many other places in the world.

queeq
No, I don't think many people are too keen on expressing or even feeling nationalistic. We had some bad experience with a nationalistic nation once.

Stun

well i'm not exactly proud of England mostly because i hate the general publicstick out tongue i'm proud of my city - but not my country. You can wave any flag in my face and i wouldnt be offended, i just dont see the need to be

sweersa
No, I don't think many people are too keen on expressing or even feeling nationalistic. We had some bad experience with a nationalistic nation once.

Was that Nazi Germany?

queeq
I'm not mentioning any names. wink

sweersa
Heh, I understand.

Stun
indy on a cereal box, looks cool
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/indycrunch_04.jpg

McLovin
Harrison Ford must be close to 70 y/o.

I'll see this one for shits and giggles.

Stun
66 this year - so yeah not long!

...and i suppose that's a fun way to see it - but we all have are reasonswink

personally i havent seen him in such good shape since 'Temple of Doom'

queeq
MyPyramid food????

Admiral Akbar
66 this year - so yeah not long!

...and i suppose that's a fun way to see it - but we all have are reasonswink

personally i havent seen him in such good shape since 'Temple of Doom'

Oh please...don't over exaggerate. He was in much better shape in TOD than he was in that trailer wink

McLovin
I'm wondering how the edited out his walker.

Amazing what they can do now a days.

Stun
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Oh please...don't over exaggerate. He was in much better shape in TOD than he was in that trailer wink

never said he wasnt. it just seems that he hasnt done a big workout like that since TOD - which is not to say he's in better shape now. Obviously i didnt make that asumption straight from the trailer but in other photo's you can see it more. Anyway, it's a good job he doesnt look as hideous as Sylvester Stallone these days laughing out loud

MyPyramid food????

yeah, indy has it's own cereal range now - lmao it wouldnt surprise me

Stun
double post embarrasment

sweersa
Originally posted by McLovin

Maybe we will see him popping Viagra pills when he is with Marian.

Admiral Akbar
never said he wasnt. it just seems that he hasnt done a big workout like that since TOD - which is not to say he's in better shape now. Obviously i didnt make that asumption straight from the trailer but in other photo's you can see it more. Anyway, it's a good job he doesnt look as hideous as Sylvester Stallone these days laughing out loud

Yeah, that's certainly a plus.

queeq
That's also because Ford play about his own age in Indy 4. And he can do that, because Indy has character... Rambo has.... err.... guns?

Stun
i saw a picture of him in the new Rambo, i swear he's got one arm bigger than the other. sort of like a mutant popeye laughing out loud

oh yeah, and heres the latest picture from KotCS cool

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/indy4444.jpg

queeq
WOW... good pic.

Stun
good old-fashioned (non-CGI involved) chase by the looks of it, but nothing is gonna top the Raiders' truck/ark chase when it comes to stuntwork and action, but im hoping it'll be good all the same

apparently there are more pics in entertainment weekly magazine where this one was found, so hopefully we'll have more soonwink

queeq
Coolllllllll....

Sadako of Girth
indy on a cereal box, looks cool
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/indycrunch_04.jpg

Originally posted by McLovin

Don't be decieved! The whip is holding him up/supporting him like a zimmer frame in that shot. stick out tongue

queeq
Maybe it's just his head.

Stun
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f68/t477780.html

no this isnt a new pic from Indy 4, it's one i did from TODstick out tongue anyway, tell me what you guys thinkwink it's not complete yet, but almost!

queeq
Not too bad... but rather off topic too. Off forum even.

Stun
i like to call it a one-off invite stick out tongue

anyway, back on topic whistle

queeq
Yes, boss.

Stun
thought i'd post this, good picwink

Stun
...and another. she looks quite spooky in this onestick out tongue

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>