Albert Wesker vs. Johnny Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who wins this fight?

Violent2Dope
IMO Wesker, he is faster, as strong, has H2H skills himself, and has a healing factor if memory serves me right.

Snafu the Great
Wesker beat the crap out of Chris in Code Veronica X. All Wesker has to do is probably break Johnny's shades and that'll set Mr. Cage off. One Nutcracker and Decap Upper later, Johnny takes Wesker's shades as a trophy.

Blax_Hydralisk
The no-talent ass clown gets his face beaten in by Wesker.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk

That no-talent ass clown can do some massive damage in Mortal Kombat II...so long as the opponents were male.

ThoraxeRMG

I lol'ed.

kwon_ji_hae
wesker wins all he has to do is cap johnny cages ass with his colt 45 1911 pistol

batdude123
Originally posted by kwon_ji_hae
wesker wins all he has to do is cap johnny cages ass with his colt 45 1911 pistol

I'm talking about the updated version of Wesker seen in Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

He doesn't use any guns.

SelphieT
I hate Johnny Cage! He is such a loser man, such a loser!

Albert Wesker for the win, he's already dead.

Blax_Hydralisk
QFT!

Ridley_Prime
Personal bias FTL!

Since it's the version of Wesker without guns batdude's talkin' about, I'm gonna have to go with Cage.

Yoshi Paradise
QFT!

Yet, you didn't quote her.

Anyway, Johnny Cage would win this.

Neo Darkhalen
Wesker would win.

batdude123
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Personal bias FTL!

Indeed. That seems to be what everyone here is doing.

I'd take Johnny in this fight.

Wesker was extremely fast, strong, and agile. There's no denying that. He was toying with Chris and Claire like they were nothing. However, Johnny regularly fights gods and beings with mystical powers. Plus, he has the shadow kick and his plasma balls.

Neo Darkhalen
Wesker is named after Capcom's mascots main villain.

Albert Wily
Albert Wesker

also have a W for the first initial of their last name.

Yoshi Paradise
Johnny Cage would defeat him.

Violent2Dope
Nope. Too slow.

batdude123
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Nope. Too slow.

Wesker displayed some amazing reflexes when Chris dumped that pile of steel frames on top of him. smile

Johnny has the tools to win this. Energy projection + better fighting abilities.

And Cage is absolutely fast enough to land hits on Wesker.

Yoshi Paradise
Nope. Too slow.

You're only saying that because you think all Mortal Kombat characters are slow.

batdude123
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
You're only saying that because you think all Mortal Kombat characters are slow.

Is this true? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/7/1/customsig_95971_F1.gif

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by batdude123
Indeed. That seems to be what everyone here is doing.

I'd take Johnny in this fight.

Wesker was extremely fast, strong, and agile. There's no denying that. He was toying with Chris and Claire like they were nothing. However, Johnny regularly fights gods and beings with mystical powers. Plus, he has the shadow kick and his plasma balls.
Agreed.

Quoted for freakin' truth (notice Blax that I'm actually quoting the user I say that to stick out tongue).

Nope. Too slow.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=470059&pagenumber=3

sick

MK characters may punch or kick slower in cut-scenes (most likely done by Midway for cinematic appeal), but they're not in any way, 'slow' during the gameplay, and that's what matters most, not the cut-scenes which are only a very small part of the games.

So saying "too slow" in like every VS thread involving an MK character is just retarded.

Yoshi Paradise
Is this true? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/7/1/customsig_95971_F1.gif
Yes, because he said it himself.

batdude123
Yes, because he said it himself.

What a choch.

Violent2Dope
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=470059&pagenumber=3

sick

MK characters may punch or kick slower in cut-scenes (most likely done by Midway for cinematic appeal), but they're not in any way, 'slow' during the gameplay, and that's what matters most, not the cut-scenes which are only a very small part of the games.

So saying "too slow" in like every VS thread involving an MK character is just retarded. Lol, cutscenes>>>>>>>>>>gameplay for canon information. Watch the Armageddon intro...is any part of what the characters are doing that fast? Wesker is MUCH faster.

Yoshi Paradise
What a choch.

In fact, he said it in almost every vs thread that involved a character from the Mortal Kombat franchise.

Violent2Dope
In fact, he said it in almost every vs thread that involved a character from the Mortal Kombat franchise. That's because they are slow.

batdude123
That's because they are slow.

You're a choch.

Violent2Dope
You're a choch. They ARE slow.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yet, you didn't quote her.

That was the point, people erm

And Johnny Cage doesn't have any exceptional feats. He's low tier in the Mortal Kombat world, with or without my personal bas toward the man. And Rideply Prime I don't know what the fvck your smoking, but cutscenes ALWAYS > Gameplay, in EVERY cirumstance.

Yoshi Paradise
That was the point, people erm

So, you're saying that she's lying?

Blax_Hydralisk
No. I was going to ad dinto my signature "Blaxican is so cool that he can quote for truth without actually quoting", but if I do it now people will say I only put it in there to make it look like I made the mistake on purpose.

Yoshi Paradise
No. I was going to ad dinto my signature "Blaxican is so cool that he can quote for truth without actually quoting", but if I do it now people will say I only put it in there to make it look like I made the mistake on purpose.

Why didn't you just quote her in the first place?

Blax_Hydralisk
So I can put that in my signature in the first place. Confusing and childish, I know.

Sado-sama
What...the...f*ck?

I didn't know this kind of thread would attract so many people. erm

Dang this feels a little like MC vs Samus.

Yoshi Paradise
Confusing and childish, I know.

Agreed.

Sado-sama
So I can put that in my signature in the first place. Confusing and childish, I know. Gimme some soul food nyuuka!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Sado-sama
What...the...f*ck?

I didn't know this kind of thread would attract so many people. erm

It's only the second page ermm

batdude123
They ARE slow.

Let's compare these two:

When Wesker tried to fight Alexia, he was barely able to dodge the blood flung in his direction. Granted, it was slightly impressive when he started the scale the walls, but he still had trouble dodging the blood. Hell, now that I recall, she did actually hit him with some of her blood. And he seemed to be hurt by the fire emanating from her body. Afterward, he fled so that Chris could fight her. This tells me two things:

1) Johnny Cage is fast enough to hit him with a well placed shadow kick. It's not like Wesker was dodging bullets or any crazy shit like that. And the shadow kick creates the same after effects as Wesker's running. It even says in Cage's bio that he has enhanced reflexes. And why not? The guy rumbles with gods and sorcerers on a normal basis. He has to have some reason as to why he's still alive. Johnny also demonstrates a higher level of fighting skills as well.

2) Cage's plasma balls would play a huge role in this fight. If fire can give Wesker fits, imagine what plasma would be like to him?

The only time AW looked truly impressive to me was when he was fighting Claire and Chris. But the fact of the matter is that Claire and Chris are lame comparisons to Johnny. However, let's recap what happened during Chris and Wesker's last battle of the game:

Al was beating on Redfield for the duration of the fight. Not gonna lie about that one. But, the fight was basically over when Chris pulled the lever that dumped all of the steel girders on top of him (and Wesker had time to get out of the way, but he didn't). It didn't knock him out, but it definitely staggered him. Wesker is fast, sure. But fast enough to the point where Johnny wouldn't be able to land hits? Absolutely not.

Oh, and the fire from the self destruction of the Antarctic facility severely scorched his face. Another red flag in the plasma balls' favor. smile

Wesker is no doubt cool. I'm not denying that. But you need to put personal bias about MK characters aside. Bottom line: I'm not buying your "too slow" argument as a logical reason for why Wesker would defeat Johnny. If anything, Cage has been much more impressive throughout his history. The only thing I'm hearing here in Wesker's defense is that Johnny is an "ass clown."

Certainly Yoshi, myself, and Ridley aren't the only logical ones here (I hope).

Violent2Dope
I love MK fyi, they are slow compared to the rest in their genre. I think Wesker wins 1. He is a bit faster. 2. He is strong enough to fight Cage. 3. He does have some fighting skill. I think he wins, not by much tho.

batdude123
I love MK fyi, they are slow compared to the rest in their genre. I think Wesker wins 1. He is a bit faster. 2. He is strong enough to fight Cage. 3. He does have some fighting skill. I think he wins, not by much tho.

Fair enough. At least you gave me some reasons.

Still wrong though. stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Fair enough. At least you gave me some reasons.

Still wrong though. stick out tongue Opinions can't be wrong. Sure, some matches, like Goku vs. Pyron or Pheonix vs. Storm are obvious, this is not one of those matches.

Yoshi Paradise
Opinions can't be wrong. Sure, some matches, like Goku vs. Pyron or Pheonix vs. Storm are obvious, this is not one of those matches.

Goku vs Pyron is obvious?

I didn't know that.

I guess Pyron had it coming.

batdude123
Opinions can't be wrong. Sure, some matches, like Goku vs. Pyron or Pheonix vs. Storm are obvious, this is not one of those matches.

Storm is omniversal in power. You should know that by now. smile

Violent2Dope
Goku vs Pyron is obvious?

I didn't know that.

I guess Pyron had it coming. No, Pyron stomps Goku smartass troll.

Violent2Dope
Storm is omniversal in power. You should know that by now. smile Oh foolish me. laughing

Yoshi Paradise
You didn't have to double-post.

Ozone
Anyway, it's obvious that Johnny Cage would win this.

He's a fast character.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Ozone
Anyway, it's obvious that Johnny Cage would win this.

He's a fast character. Not as fast as Wesker.

Blax_Hydralisk
Cutscenes dictate that Johnny Cage is in fact not a fast character.. he may be fast in the the MK universe but MK fighters as a whole are pretty slow.

Violent2Dope
Cutscenes dictate that Johnny Cage is in fact not a fast character.. he may be fast in the the MK universe but MK fighters as a whole are pretty slow. EXACTLY! A few like Scorpion are pretty fast, but even his speed pales to other fighting game characters.

Blax_Hydralisk
ala Ryu and DOA. Hayabusa is a speed demon.

Violent2Dope
ala Ryu and DOA. Hayabusa is a speed demon. Yep.

HueyFreeman
Johnny wins. Nutsack attack FTW.

Blax_Hydralisk
Cool name.

Ridley_Prime
Lol, cutscenes>>>>>>>>>>gameplay for canon information.
All MK characters being "slow" is not a canon fact or anything though since it's not stated by Midway. Just something you or someone came up with out of speculation by watching the Deadly Alliance, Deception, or Armageddon intro.

Watch the Armageddon intro...is any part of what the characters are doing that fast? Wesker is MUCH faster.
Doing what fast? I have the game, though from what I remember of the intro, Kabal was running with his super speed (shortly after the pyramid arose) if that counts as "fast" by your definition.

He's low tier in the Mortal Kombat world, with or without my personal bas toward the man.
Low tier huh? Mind posting this "MK tier list" ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Rideply Prime I don't know what the fvck your smoking, but cutscenes ALWAYS > Gameplay, in EVERY cirumstance.
Every circumstance? In that case, might as well not play video games anymore and have cutscenes on youtube be my only way of placing judgement on a character in VS threads. stick out tongue
Oh wait. That's no fun.

By "cutscenes > gameplay" though, if ya'll mean that gameplay can't be used as a way of determining something about a character against another character (like his/her speed), then to hell with that equation.

Originally posted by Sado-sama
It could get worse...

A generic Samus vs Master Chief topic shouldn't require much debating (if any) to determine who would win anyway, unless some people are totally in denial about who would triumph.

It even says in Cage's bio that he has enhanced reflexes.
Ah. I forgot it said that in his bio...

In that case, Cage definitely takes the cake. cool

Storm is omniversal in power. You should know that by now. smile
Heh. Sounds like something 2damnloud would say. stick out tongue I haven't been to the comic VS forum in awhile though, so I don't know/remember if he said that exactly or not, but it wouldn't be in any way surprising if he did. erm

Cutscenes dictate that Johnny Cage is in fact not a fast character..
Not fast my ass.

Even if that's true, Cage's speed and reflexes is still enough to handle an unarmed Wesker.

Ridley_Prime
A few like Scorpion are pretty fast, but even his speed pales to other fighting game characters.
Well that I can agree with smile, obviously.

(Sorry for the double post. Forgot to reply to this one thing in my previous reply, and it was too late for me to go back and edit it. erm)

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Wesker is named after Capcom's mascots main villain.

Albert Wily
Albert Wesker

also have a W for the first initial of their last name.

Dr. Wily would get annoyed that Wesker has stolen his name, and send his Robot Masters to destroy him.

No not really. Wesker has a fair fight on his hands here, It depends on the area they fight and if Wesker has access to Umbrella's toys.

I think anyway Wesker would win.

Mr Dude
Johnny Cage Wins. Friendship!

Yoshi Paradise
I haven't been to the comic VS forum in awhile though, so I don't know/remember if he said that exactly or not, but it wouldn't be in any way surprising if he did. erm

laughing out loud The arguments that occur in that forum are hilarious.

It's amazing how people would react when someone insults their favorite comic book character.

I go to that forum whenever I need a good laugh.

kwon_ji_hae
Originally posted by kwon_ji_hae
wesker wins all he has to do is cap johnny cages ass with his colt 45 1911 pistol he used guns in the last resident evil game re4 for wii and game cube

Neo Darkhalen
Arguments over favorite characters is fun, but I am surprised how little people know why Albert Wesker is named well.... Albert Wesker.

Ozone
I doubt anybody would care.
Originally posted by Mr Dude
Johnny Cage Wins. Friendship!

As if he would want to be friends with that guy.

Neo Darkhalen
Very true.

Blax_Hydralisk
All MK characters being "slow" is not a canon fact or anything though since it's not stated by Midway. Just something you or someone came up with out of speculation by watching the Deadly Alliance, Deception, or Armageddon intro.

Midway doesn't have to go out and say it, that's what feats are for. Since Midway has never stated that if you pump four clips of Assault rifle bullets unto Johnny Cages brain he will die, does that mean that he won't die?

That's an attack. A quick burst of speed. Not overall running speed.

Ask Satsujin, he has the eir listing. But I can ensure you that the top tiers consist of people like Shao Kaon, Lei Kang, Shang Tsung all the big boys.

That's exactly how things work here. If you can not show a canon cutscene or canon scan from a comic to back up your point then your point is false until proven. Gameplay and game mechanics never count. If you don't like it, leave.

As I said before, if you don't like it then leave.

Wandering Flame
This again? erm

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud The arguments that occur in that forum are hilarious.

It's amazing how people would react when someone insults their favorite comic book character.

I go to that forum whenever I need a good laugh.
Heh. I should do the same. stick out tongue

Midway doesn't have to go out and say it, that's what feats are for. Since Midway has never stated that if you pump four clips of Assault rifle bullets unto Johnny Cages brain he will die, does that mean that he won't die?
... fine. Ya got me there. stick out tongue

Ask Satsujin, he has the eir listing.
Very well then.

That's exactly how things work here. If you can not show a canon cutscene or canon scan from a comic to back up your point then your point is false until proven.
A comic huh? I can think of some MK comics (or parts of them) made by the MK developers that involve Cage to post (that is if I can find 'em on google or something), but do I really need to just to prove he can beat an unarmed Wesker? stick out tongue

Gameplay and game mechanics never count.
That was never stated in the rules, so I guess you or someone else are making up your own.

The only thing that was said concerning canon and non-canon stuff was "I leave this solely up to the decision of the thread-starter. I do expect people to adhere to the decision made for that particular thread", and as far as this thread goes, batdude never specified whether non-canon stuff could be applied or not.

If you don't like it, leave.
Me leave KMC? You're out of your mind. It's one of my most favorite places on the freakin' net. I'm never leavin'.

But that doesn't mean I can't dislike certain things about it.

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
This again? erm
What again?

Wandering Flame
Whether gameplay mechanics and noncanonical stuff can be used is totally up to the topic starter, so it's essential that match makers be very specific with their rules.

I thought this topic would be on the second page by now.

Blax_Hydralisk
Heh. I should do the same. stick out tongue

... fine. Ya got me there. stick out tongue

Very well then.

A comic huh? I can think of some MK comics (or parts of them) made by the MK developers that involve Cage to post (that is if I can find 'em on google or something), but do I really need to just to prove he can beat an unarmed Wesker? stick out tongue

That was never stated in the rules, so I guess you or someone else are making up your own.

The only thing that was said concerning canon and non-canon stuff was "I leave this solely up to the decision of the thread-starter. I do expect people to adhere to the decision made for that particular thread", and as far as this thread goes, batdude never specified whether non-canon stuff could be applied or not.

Me leave KMC? You're out of your mind. It's one of my most favorite places on the freakin' net. I'm never leavin'.

Too lazy to quote everything stick out tongue

1.har har!
2.Uh.. dunno.
3. It's more of an implied thing, because in most cases things you can do game mechanics wise, the character either can or can not really do. Example being the fact that in Mortal Kombat in the actual game, when you fight, a character can be frozen by Sub-Zero, but when Sub-Zero punches him the guy doesn't shatter into a million pieces.. the ice just falls off. Yet, when he does his fatality, even though he does the exact same move the outcome is different; the opponent getting fatalities shatters into a million pieces. But fatalities and cutscenes are both more accurate showings of what one can do.

4. Fair enough stick out tongue

Ozone
yawn

Johnny Cage would still win this, but with difficulty.

Ridley_Prime
Too lazy to quote everything stick out tongue

1.har har!
2.Uh.. dunno.
3. It's more of an implied thing, because in most cases things you can do game mechanics wise, the character either can or can not really do. Example being the fact that in Mortal Kombat in the actual game, when you fight, a character can be frozen by Sub-Zero, but when Sub-Zero punches him the guy doesn't shatter into a million pieces.. the ice just falls off. Yet, when he does his fatality, even though he does the exact same move the outcome is different; the opponent getting fatalities shatters into a million pieces. But fatalities and cutscenes are both more accurate showings of what one can do.

4. Fair enough stick out tongue
@ #3: Oh, okay... I get it now.
I guess the Sub-zero example's a good enough reason that game mechanics shouldn't be applied unless the thread author says it can stick out tongue, so I'm fine with it now. smile

Furion
Albert Wesker could beat Johnny Cage for several reasons:
1.Albert Wesker has shown healing capabilites like healing burns from his face in a short amount of time. He was also IMPALED in the chest by a tyrant and healed that too.
2.Wesker has shown in Code Veronica RE4 & Umbrella Chronicles that he has abilities that Johnny Cage Doesn't have like jumping over buildings and 90 feet off the ground.
3.Wesker is WAY freaking smarter then Cage, so he could easily outwit him.
4.Wesker has shown that he is skilled in close combat like his Chikyo Kick. As good as Cage is a fighter, he's an actor. Wesker is a professional killer with way better reflexes then Cage's.(Although Johnny's Shadow Kick could match Wesker's Palm Thrust.
and as for that one thing about Wesker having Chris fight Alexia, Wesker left Chris to fight her because he thought she would be too tough for him to beat. So I think that Wesker's one major weakness is his overconfidence and underestimating his opponents.

Violent2Dope
Just so you all know, it is canon only unless stated otherwise.

Furion
Johnny regularly fights gods and beings with mystical powers. Plus, he has the shadow kick and his plasma balls.

Johnny doesn't regularly fight gods. The only gods shown so far in the MK universe are Raiden, Fujin, and Shinnok. Raiden and Fujin are Cage's allies so he wouldn't fight him so that leaves only Shinnok who in my opinion sucks. Cage didn't do anything outstanding in MK, he was killed in MK3 and again in Deadly Alliance. Johnny's kick is about the same as Wesker's Palm Thrust, and he could just dodge Cage's plasma balls

Superboy Prime
and his plasma balls.

jawdrop

Ozone
Those are the green orbs that he used as projectiles.

It was cool how he shot them out.

Superboy Prime
Oh...i was totally thinking about something else.

Ozone
Obviously.

Furion
Obviously.

Yeah Cage has no balls, Scorpian ripped them off with his kunai.

Ozone
Originally posted by Furion

You would know. haermm

Furion
You would know. haermm

Yeah I would, I watched it on Mortal Kombat Mishaps 2-Scorpian's Misfire.

Ozone
Yeah I would, I watched it on Mortal Kombat Mishaps 2-Scorpian's Misfire.

I bet you enjoyed it.

Furion
Watching a violent ninja ripping a loser's shrinky-dink off with a weapon that had been made famous. Hells yeah

Yoshi Paradise
Watching a violent ninja ripping a loser's shrinky-dink off with a weapon that had been made famous. Hells yeah

ermm

Furion
Oh and if by enjoy you ment laughing my ass off then yes i did enjoy it.

Yoshi Paradise
I don't think he meant it that way.

Furion
I don't think he meant it that way.
Well uh of course he didn't mean it that way so that means i didn't enjoy it in the manner of which he speaks of.

Yoshi Paradise
i didn't enjoy it in the manner of which he speaks of.
Sure.

Ozone
Oh and if by enjoy you ment laughing my ass off then yes i did enjoy it.

No, I didn't mean it that way.

I bet you did a close-up at the point where it happened.

In fact, you probably took a picture of it.

Furion
No, I didn't mean it that way.

I bet you did a close-up at the point where it happened.

In fact, you probably took a picture of it.

No I would never ever EVER take a picture of Johnny Cage or anything that might be called a body part ever. Oh and the guy censored it, watch it yourself.

Yoshi Paradise
No I would never ever EVER take a picture of Johnny Cage or anything that might be called a body part ever.

So...does that mean you'll never take a picture of someone's head?

Furion
no, just not Johnny Cage's. I hate that Bastard

Yoshi Paradise
no, just not Johnny Cage's. I hate that Bastard

I guess all of your statements about this match are biased since you hate Johnny Cage so much.

Furion
No, Johnny Cage just isn't as good a fighter as Wesker is I mean Cage has had his moments. Now Mokap, that's someone to be biased against.

Wandering Flame
Cage wins. erm

Violent2Dope
Not IMO.

Ridley_Prime
*shameless bump*

Apparently I overlooked this post earlier, so I guess I'll reply to it now.

Raiden and Fujin are Cage's allies so he wouldn't fight him so that leaves only Shinnok who in my opinion sucks.
Not only did Cage fight Shinnok, but he overwhelmed him prior to the events of Armageddon.

And for the record, Shinnok doesn't suck. He had everybody's moves in MK4, and was nearly invincible in MK Mythologies (the Subzero game).

Cage didn't do anything outstanding in MK
Wiki says otherwise. 31

"Cage's Armageddon bio tells of his worries about the future. Since Liu Kang had died, and Raiden was now following his own personal agenda, the warriors who have long battled against the forces of darkness didn't seem to have a leader anymore. Some time later, Cage began to receive visions of Shinnok, who was coming up with a plan and giving commands to his minions. Cage decided to find out what was going on, by visiting the locations that he saw in his visions. He found evidence that Shinnok had been to these places, and eventually found Shinnok himself at Shang Tsung's island fortress. Communicating via a portal, Shinnok was speaking to Quan Chi, commanding him to gather their forces and take control of Shao Kahn's Outworld fortress. Once the portal disappeared, Cage approached Shinnok, and the former Elder God attempted to use his powers against him. Cage evaded Shinnok's attacks, and even managed to overpower him. Shinnok retreated by vanishing in a cloud of smoke. Now that Cage knew something about Shinnok's schemes, and with no-one else to lead an assault, he took it upon himself to gather his allies and plan a course of action."

A God running away from the "no-talent as clown" ? That's something outstanding. laughing out loud
Plus, Cage pretty much became the new "team leader" due to Raiden's corruption. Yet another outstanding fact for the man.

he was killed in MK3
He wasn't even in MK3...

and again in Deadly Alliance.
So was basically every other good guy (Liu Kang got killed by the Deadly Alliance, Kitana got killed by Quan Chi, Kung Lao got killed by Shang Tsung, etc)...

Johnny's kick is about the same as Wesker's Palm Thrust
That kinda depends on what version of the Shadow Kick you're talkin' about. In MK2, MK4, and what not, the red Shadow Kick is more powerful than the green Shadow Kick, but his Shadow Uppercut is more effective than either of those kicks. smile I'd like to see Wesker's Palm Thrust match that.

Can't believe no one even pointed out those moves in support of Cage earlier. erm

Ridley_Prime
No he didn't.

2McbQrH0qI0

And the MK Mishaps are total crap compared to the actual movie.

Furion
Oh please for the love of god, don't bring Mythologies into this, that game sucked hard. Shinnok sucks personally in Armaggedon. If Cage could overpower Shinnok, then alot of other people could who are WAY superior then Cage like Scorpion, Subzero, Noob, ect could. In MKtrilogy, it states Cage was killed by extermentation squads before it started but came back to life by magic or something.
In RE4, Wesker's Palmthrust is instant kill on anything cept the bella sisters. It wouldn't likely kill Cage with one hit, but would still send him flying.

Furion
how the hell was Cage the new team leader? Shujinko or Bo Rai Cho or Subzero was new team leader I think. Plus Raiden only got pissed off at people. Raiden in Armaggedon pretended to help evil dudes then he was going to waste those bastards

Blax_Hydralisk
I love how you're starting to use my word now, RP.

Furion
johnny Cage tries to Shadow Kick Wesker, Wesker jumps over Cage, grabs him by the neck, grabs Cage's Sunglasses and crunches them up and then sticks the shards in Cage's eyes. Wesker>>>>>>Cage

Ridley_Prime
Oh please for the love of god, don't bring Mythologies into this, that game sucked hard.
Opinion.

Mythologies' storyline is canon to the series regardless of what you think about it (which took place just before MK1 of course), and so it's still eligible to bring up. stick out tongue

Shinnok sucks personally in Armaggedon.
Just because he wasn't as overall powerful in Armageddon (since he didn't have the amulet) as he was in Mythologies and MK4 doesn't mean he sucks. He's still a formidable fighter in MKA, and quite easy to become skilled with, unlike the other characters that truly suck, like Drahmin, Frost, or Nitara.

If Cage could overpower Shinnok, then alot of other people could who are WAY superior then Cage like Scorpion, Subzero, Noob, ect could.
Not necessarily. Shinnok's so powerful that even Taven and Daegon respect him, as we see in Armageddon's Konquest mode, and the 2 Edenian brothers are far more powerful than those ninjas you mentioned. They're half-God after all.

All and all, Cage single-handedly overwhelmed Shinnok, a former Elder God who poses a far greater threat to the realms than Scorpion, Subzero, or Noob Saibot ever could.

In MKtrilogy, it states Cage was killed by extermentation squads before it started but came back to life by magic or something.
Raiden's handy work. stick out tongue

It wouldn't likely kill Cage with one hit, but would still send him flying.
Yes. it would send Cage flying... if he just stood there like an idiot, allowing himself to get hit, but Cage is smarter than that. As the paragraph I posted from Cage's wiki article states, Johnny evaded Shinnok's attacks. If Cage can dodge a God's attacks, he can dodge Wesker's palm thrust too.

Shujinko or Bo Rai Cho or Subzero was new team leader I think.
Bo Rai Cho was only a team leader in Deception, where he led the team against Outworld's Tarkattan hordes. Cho didn't have that kind of role in Armageddon.

As for Shujinko, he seems to be independant from the rest of those guys, and Subzero only leads the Lin Kuei. stick out tongue

Plus Raiden only got pissed off at people.
More than just pissed off. His entire soul became corrupted ever since he sacrificed himself against the Dragon King (Deception intro).

Raiden in Armaggedon pretended to help evil dudes then he was going to waste those bastards
Was Raiden "pretending" when he tried to kill Taven? No. Raiden sided with Shao Kahn. He's a traitor now.

I love how you're starting to use my word now, RP.
stick out tongue

johnny Cage tries to Shadow Kick Wesker, Wesker jumps over Cage, grabs him by the neck, grabs Cage's Sunglasses and crunches them up and then sticks the shards in Cage's eyes.
Well, I guess that goes to show that Cage's and Wesker's battle could go either way. stick out tongue

Wesker>>>>>>Cage
*sigh*
Your hatred for Cage knows no bounds.

Furion
1.No, the only really good Adventure MK Game is Shaolin Monks.
2.Drahmin and Nitara I find can be kinda powerful if you use them right.
3.The only reason Taven respected him is because he didn't know he was cast out of the Elder Gods, and Daegon needed Shinnok to become powerful. Scorpion>>Shinnok.
4.How fast are Shinnok's Attacks, I don't think they're as fast as Thrust Punch.
5.They didn't really focus on Story things in Armaggedon. Just Taven's Crap and you never See Bo'Rai'Cho in Konquest.
6.Raiden got pissed off because The people of Earthrealm were treating their realm like crap and because Shujinko collected the Kamidogu for Onaga.
7.I don't really think Raiden would turn from Earth Protector to Traitor just like that. Raiden is not stupid you know, He only accepted Shinnok's Offer to find out what he was doing. Taven he viewed was expendable.
8.Yes
9.Nop, no Bounds.

Ridley_Prime
1.No, the only really good Adventure MK Game is Shaolin Monks.
To be honest, I haven't played that one in particular, so I can't really have an accurate opinion about it, though I will say it looked okay, but Armageddon's Konquest mode seemed to surpass it.

Also, playing as Goro & Kintaro > playing as Liu Kang & Kung Lao. stick out tongue

oQeOIrPFQHE

2.Drahmin and Nitara I find can be kinda powerful if you use them right.
Drahmin has no dial-up combos whatsoever though (only pop-up combos, which aren't as effective), is slower than most other characters, and relies heavily on his special moves to even be good. All of which makes him a very predictable opponent, so he sucks to most people because of that.

But to each his own, I guess. erm

Scorpion>>Shinnok.
I can agree that Scorpion's much cooler as a character (in general), but how is a spectre > a God? That equation just doesn't seem to add up. erm

I mean, Shinnok's posed a much greater threat to Earth-realm than Scorpion ever has (even Raiden had difficulty with Shinnok), so technically, Shinnok > Scorpion (though not in terms of coolness stick out tongue).

5.They didn't really focus on Story things in Armaggedon. Just Taven's Crap and you never See Bo'Rai'Cho in Konquest.
I was only referring to Bo' Rai Cho's ending in Deception when I mentioned his leadership role in that game stick out tongue, which Cage had during most of Armageddon, behind the scenes. His official Armageddon bio suggests that too, not just wiki.

http://mkarmageddon.com/assets/bios/bio_johnny_cage.html

"When he dismissed the sorcerer, I approached Shinnok. He was startled and immediately conjured up a skeleton hand to trap me. I jumped out of the way and followed with a Shadow Kick to the chest. I pummeled him, and he never regained his composure. The coward escaped in a cloud of smoke... a teleport of some kind, I suppose."

6.Raiden got pissed off because The people of Earthrealm were treating their realm like crap and because Shujinko collected the Kamidogu for Onaga.
Well, I guess you're right about the first part, but Shujinko didn't know it was really Onaga he was collecting the Kamidogu for. If Raiden's soul hadn't of gotten corrupted, he would've understood that, and not attacked him, but he did get corrupted, and because of that, he attacked him.

o_5osusBC_g

"That Shujinko undid his mistake and destroyed the Dragon King is no of importance."

And you know what? That's bull. The original Raiden would've never said that.

Face it. Raiden's sacrifice against Onaga earlier corrupted his soul. That's the only explanation as to why he changed so much stick out tongue (and not just in appearance). Liu Kang's Armageddon ending even implies that.

Av1IHBPztj0

Good ridence Dark Thunder God.

7.I don't really think Raiden would turn from Earth Protector to Traitor just like that. Raiden is not stupid you know, He only accepted Shinnok's Offer to find out what he was doing. Taven he viewed was expendable.
Hmm. Well, I guess you're right about that too...

Still, it's not like Raiden to try and do such a thing at all. erm

9.Nop, no Bounds.
If I may ask though, why? Why do you hate Cage so much?

Furion
1.Liu Kang eats people as a dragon in Shaolin Monks. Dragon>>>>>Goro.
2.I don't use Drahmin too much. But Nitara is pretty good.
3.Scorpion has the power to destroy Onaga who could wipe the floor with Shinnok. Scorpion isn't a threat to Earthrealm cause he doesn't want it.
4.Shujinko was stupid, if you were in Raiden's position, I think you would get pretty tired of people doing stupid things and then having to clean up after them.
5.Only cause he was desperate and his patience was wearing off.
6. Cause Cage things he's super cool and he's the best fighter ever. In his movies, he has him not Liu Kang as the Hero of Earthrealm and Champion of MK. I only like Cage in the Movie cause well anyone who can punch Goro in the crotch and get away with it is cool. Movie>>>>Games

Ridley_Prime
1.Liu Kang eats people as a dragon in Shaolin Monks. Dragon>>>>>Goro.
2.I don't use Drahmin too much. But Nitara is pretty good.
3.Scorpion has the power to destroy Onaga who could wipe the floor with Shinnok. Scorpion isn't a threat to Earthrealm cause he doesn't want it.
4.Shujinko was stupid, if you were in Raiden's position, I think you would get pretty tired of people doing stupid things and then having to clean up after them.
5.Only cause he was desperate and his patience was wearing off.
6. Cause Cage things he's super cool and he's the best fighter ever. In his movies, he has him not Liu Kang as the Hero of Earthrealm and Champion of MK. I only like Cage in the Movie cause well anyone who can punch Goro in the crotch and get away with it is cool. Movie>>>>Games
Meh. Point taken. stick out tongue

I forgot about Cage doing that. That's definitely a good enough reason then, I suppose. >.>

Furion
Although I dislike how Cage won THAT easily in the movie.

Furion
Wesker still owns Cage cause Wesker has Super Speed and will smash Johnny across the floor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.