Visual Blind Spot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpearofDestiny
I didn't know this before, but apparently the Eyes have a blind spot, which the Brain fills the gap for by using surrounding visual information. Like a computer program would do.

@ Close your left eye, and focus your right eye on the "@" at the beginning of this sentence. While your left hand is on your left eye, put your right index finger on the "@" at the beginning of the paragraph. Then move your hand slowly to the right, slowly and slowly towards the right end of your computer screen. KEEP your eye focused on the "@" though. Just be aware of the right index finger moving along. You will notice that somewhere along the path, your right finger dissapears...( from your periferal view.) That is your blind spot.

Check it out ! It's pretty cool !

Impediment
My finger never disappeared.

SpearofDestiny
Are you following the steps ?

Keep your right eye focused on the first "@" of the paragraph. Don't move it. Keep your left eye closed the whole time.

From your periferal view, your right finger should seem to dissapear in one spot along the path.

Grinning Goku
Sorry, that's too much work and your sig has me confused...

AbnormalButSane
It worked. shock

I shall do it again. And again.

Röland
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I didn't know this before, but apparently the Eyes have a blind spot, which the Brain fills the gap for by using surrounding visual information. Like a computer program would do.

@ Close your left eye, and focus your right eye on the "@" at the beginning of this sentence. While your left hand is on your left eye, put your right index finger on the "@" at the beginning of the paragraph. Then move your hand slowly to the right, slowly and slowly towards the right end of your computer screen. KEEP your eye focused on the "@" though. Just be aware of the right index finger moving along. You will notice that somewhere along the path, your right finger dissapears...( from your periferal view.) That is your blind spot.

Check it out ! It's pretty cool !

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/dclap24/Funny%20Pics/colne6.jpg

Sol Valentine
That shit's so gangsta.

Wålshy
it didnt work for me and now i smudged my screen

Piggle Humsy
I did it and my finger went away eek!

Cool happy

BakaXero
didn't work... maybe cause i got lazy eye. srug

Piggle Humsy
My sister couldn't do it either..

But she's just stupid mmm

T.M
Originally posted by Impediment
My finger never disappeared.

Ditto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.