Sodam Yat and SMP(Before his Black Suit) vs. WWH and Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Two of the biggest and disappointing fights I've read all year. Which side

wins in the biggest disappoinment area?

Now who wins if they were to actually fight non jobbering against the other team?

lando005
it's hard to say which is more dissappointing i havent seen the ion smp fight yet ( if you got pics could you send me a copy please) as for fighting non jobbed against the other team dc for a curb stomp way more powerful than sentry and hulk

Sirius77
Team one.

Kutulu
Team 1 on both counts.

Gecko4lif
Team2
Team 1

SuperiorTech
Please, don't post full issues...

Pr1983

SuperiorTech

Pr1983

SuperiorTech

Pr1983

Sirius77
I love Superman-prime.The most awesome character in dc imo.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sirius77
I love Superman-prime.The most awesome character in dc imo. He also is the biggest brat but still awesome.

guy222
team one

Soljer
World War Hulk and the Sentry was more disappointing - way more build up and hype than the Ion/Superman Prime fight.

Team one wrecks team two in a fight, though.

King Kandy
Both fights suck ass...

SMP said of Ion "I've killed tons of green lanterns, and you're not an more special then they were."

And that's the real problem. He wasn't. He had no Ion powers of note, he was basicaly just a regular GL.

B.A
Team one easily.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Both fights suck ass...

SMP said of Ion "I've killed tons of green lanterns, and you're not an more special then they were."

And that's the real problem. He wasn't. He had no Ion powers of note, he was basicaly just a regular GL.

except he actually made a sun amped SBP work for his defeat. he was dishing it. he really was just too green no pun intended, to get the job done. He didn't even know he was a meta human with daxamite powers.

King Kandy
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
except he actually made a sun amped SBP work for his defeat. he was dishing it. he really was just too green no pun intended, to get the job done. He didn't even know he was a meta human with daxamite powers.
Really? Because I only saw him damage SMP twice in that fight, but Superman Prime was whooping his ass all over the place.

Soljer
I kind of chuckled when Superman Prime stabbed Sodam Yat with a yellow rod.

Even though lanterns don't suffer from the yellow weakness anymore.

B.A
Originally posted by Soljer

Even though lanterns don't suffer from the yellow weakness anymore. It was iron. confused

nvrbeenwthagirl

Even though lanterns don't suffer from the yellow weakness anymore.

It was the lead in the factory that made Yat weak. He even said this. But it was dumb becuz he still had his ring and the ion power. The rod should have crumbled.

King Kandy
Originally posted by B.A
It was iron. confused
It was uranium actualy.

King Kandy
It was the lead in the factory that made Yat weak. He even said this. But it was dumb becuz he still had his ring and the ion power. The rod should have crumbled.
But that's so stupid. See what I mean? He lost because of a plot device...

But Sentry Vs. WWHulk still takes the cake for stupidest fight.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Really? Because I only saw him damage SMP twice in that fight, but Superman Prime was whooping his ass all over the place.

Let me count them.

and how many others have dmged a sun amped Sbp? Hmmmm? NONE. They burned each other over and over with heat vision. Repeatedly.Then yat falls into lead is pretty much weakened the entire fight.

Yat then blast SBP later on and makes him yaaarch. Yat actually manages to pin SBP with a head stone. He gets one in with a big constuction machine. And most of the fight, yat isn't even using his ring or shields. WTF. just noticed that. Then he gets a good one in and draws blood from SBP with a karate kick with his shields on. Good thinking. That seems like more than 2 times to me. and the fact that he took all of that beating while weakened from lead and not hardly using his shields is testamant to his durability just as a damamite and how DC is prolly going back to the roots of daxamites being stronger than superman.

B.A
It was uranium actualy. I know what I meant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sirius77
Actually I think it was lead.

Soljer
Actually I think it was lead.

Then you think wrong.

B.A
Either way it was stupid but a good fight. I liked the action.

Sirius77
Then you think wrong.

Then why was it stated that if he took off the ring, he would die of lead poisoning? Right after the pipe was stuck through him?

Sirius77
It was a good fight.

kevdude
Yup good fight, it would have lasted longer if they didn't use lead against Yat. Anyone think Yat could have pulled off the victory without the lead helping Prime? I think he could have won or come very close.. smokin'

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Yup good fight, it would have lasted longer if they didn't use lead against Yat. Anyone think Yat could have pulled off the victory without the lead helping Prime? I think he could have won or come very close.. smokin' Nope. Prime is just the better man.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Let me count them.

and how many others have dmged a sun amped Sbp? Hmmmm? NONE. They burned each other over and over with heat vision. Repeatedly.Then yat falls into lead is pretty much weakened the entire fight.

Yat then blast SBP later on and makes him yaaarch. Yat actually manages to pin SBP with a head stone. He gets one in with a big constuction machine. And most of the fight, yat isn't even using his ring or shields. WTF. just noticed that. Then he gets a good one in and draws blood from SBP with a karate kick with his shields on. Good thinking. That seems like more than 2 times to me. and the fact that he took all of that beating while weakened from lead and not hardly using his shields is testamant to his durability just as a damamite and how DC is prolly going back to the roots of daxamites being stronger than superman.

quanchi112
Translation Prime whooped his ass. You dont like it and will complain that Yat didnt use his powers correctly. I guess when most people dont like the outcome they just say he jobbered.

laughing laughing laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quancomics

quanchi112
laughing

kevdude
Prime didn't whoop his ass, Yat was holding back at the beginning and he paided for it having the fight go to the power plant. After Sodam stopped holding back he really began taking it to Prime like nobody has. Remember when Prime lost his powers?? started crying laughing out loud priceless

TricksterPriest
First off, the comic was good. I loved the backstory of Yat and Daxam. Added a deeper dimension to the story. And the monologue in Yat's head and the fight dialogue was good. "Girls, you better hold onto your boyfriends." laughing Best line in the fight.

As for the fight itself: Nvr and most of the people in this thread are right. Yat fought like a complete moron. Slugging it out with SMP was idiotic and a sure way to lose. He also barely used the ring or the Ion power. I'm not even going to begin on the stupidity of the lead and Yat's shields.

Good parts: Yat stood up to Prime for quite a while in a slugfest, even while weakened by Lead and stabbed a few times with uranium rods. He did more damage than most would have. IMO, that was the power showing by the Ion power and his daxam roots. If he had actually used the Ion power, or his own ring then I'd have been satisfied with the outcome. IMHO, he still probably would have lost. But it would have been a better victory. As it is, it seems like he was cheated by the lead.

BUT, despite all that, it was still a vastly superior fight to the shitfest that was WWH vs. Sentry.

And like most of the thread said, it's a stomp by Yat and SMP. Hell, Yat could probably solo the other team if he used his ring well. Standing up to Prime like that was an impressive durability showing.

Edit: Mad props to Superiortech for uploading the issue. thumb up

Estacado
Then why was it stated that if he took off the ring, he would die of lead poisoning? Right after the pipe was stuck through him?
No it was ****ing retarded since Ion did nothing but kick and punch oh wait...... he blasted SMP once.

Kutulu
It was my understanding that the walls of the reactor unit were lead, and that is what was causing the poisoning, which is what allowed the rods to go through Yat's body. The rods themselves were not lead.

Sundipped
I love Superman-prime.The most awesome character in dc imo.

thumb up yes

Sirius77
Prime didn't whoop his ass, Yat was holding back at the beginning and he paided for it having the fight go to the power plant. After Sodam stopped holding back he really began taking it to Prime like nobody has. Remember when Prime lost his powers?? started crying laughing out loud priceless

No, dude, I'm sorry to say (but I love Superman-prime, so I guess not)
he did kick ions ass... Its not a low feat for ion though, its amazing that he was even able to injure Superman-prime TWICE. Superman -prime is on a whole other level than ion.

Val
All the Prime fan(boy)s think it was well written. Go figure.

Ion looked horrible and Superman Prime doesn't look any better for beating him due to how horrible Ion looked. Lose/Lose.

starlock
Originally posted by Val

Ion looked horrible and Superman Prime doesn't look any better for beating him due to how horrible Ion looked. Lose/Lose. thumb up

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val

Ion looked horrible and Superman Prime doesn't look any better for beating him due to how horrible Ion looked. Lose/Lose.

As much as I loathe to agree with you at any point, you are 100% correct.

Soljer
Unfortunately, Val is right on the money.

Estacado
Originally posted by Val

Agreed.
I like Prime but that was a really cheap victory.

tkitna
The Prime/Ion fight was better (thanks for the scans), but since i'm not totally familiar with Ions power output, I cant judge if the he fought out of character.

Sounds like he did.

quanchi112
Prime didn't whoop his ass, Yat was holding back at the beginning and he paided for it having the fight go to the power plant. After Sodam stopped holding back he really began taking it to Prime like nobody has. Remember when Prime lost his powers?? started crying laughing out loud priceless Im sure in the next issue Ion will get his shit together and win the whole friggin thing. But in this fight it was all Prime. I mean he was always a step ahead of him and pounding him. I mean I did think it was kinda silly that they were pounding each others head in the pavement and fighting ina cemetery but this is how fights usually go. Slugfests people get used to them. Prime was the better man.

Sirius77
ions only chance of winning against sbp is to go back to his levels as ion I. I don't mean ic ion either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
First off, the comic was good. I loved the backstory of Yat and Daxam. Added a deeper dimension to the story. And the monologue in Yat's head and the fight dialogue was good. "Girls, you better hold onto your boyfriends." laughing Best line in the fight.

As for the fight itself: Nvr and most of the people in this thread are right. Yat fought like a complete moron. Slugging it out with SMP was idiotic and a sure way to lose. He also barely used the ring or the Ion power. I'm not even going to begin on the stupidity of the lead and Yat's shields.

Good parts: Yat stood up to Prime for quite a while in a slugfest, even while weakened by Lead and stabbed a few times with uranium rods. He did more damage than most would have. IMO, that was the power showing by the Ion power and his daxam roots. If he had actually used the Ion power, or his own ring then I'd have been satisfied with the outcome. IMHO, he still probably would have lost. But it would have been a better victory. As it is, it seems like he was cheated by the lead.

BUT, despite all that, it was still a vastly superior fight to the shitfest that was WWH vs. Sentry.

And like most of the thread said, it's a stomp by Yat and SMP. Hell, Yat could probably solo the other team if he used his ring well. Standing up to Prime like that was an impressive durability showing.

Edit: Mad props to Superiortech for uploading the issue. thumb up Why was the Sentry and WW hulk such a shitty fight?

I mean this fight between these two characters did far less damage than Hulk and the Sentry did. They were hitting each other with tombstones..... I think its funny how everyone pointed to the lack of collateral damage those two characters caused but these two were slamming their heads off slabs and getting hurt. These two characters are very powerful just shouldnt be judged for their lack of collateral damage but then again neither should Sentry and Hulk.

You dont have to destroy a planet in every fight to prove how powerful you are. This is a lesson to those who judged Hulk and the Sentry for this.

Sirius77
Why was the Sentry and WW hulk such a shitty fight?

I mean this fight between these two characters did far less damage than Hulk and the Sentry did. They were hitting each other with tombstones..... I think its funny how everyone pointed to the lack of collateral damage those two characters caused but these two were slamming their heads off slabs and getting hurt. These two characters are very powerful just shouldnt be judged for their lack of collateral damage but then again neither should Sentry and Hulk.

You dont have to destroy a planet in every fight to prove how powerful you are. This is a lesson to those who judged Hulk and the Sentry for this.

Superman-prime was toying with him. If he wanted to destroy the planet immediately, he would.

And the sentry and hulk fightwas exactly what I thought it was. The difference between that and the ion fight was the fact that wwh and sentry were using ALL of their power. The same cannot be said for the other.

quanchi112
Superman-prime was toying with him. If he wanted to destroy the planet immediately, he would.

And the sentry and hulk fightwas exactly what I thought it was. The difference between that and the ion fight was the fact that wwh and sentry were using ALL of their power. The same cannot be said for the other. Here we go with the first exaggeration. Uhm no matter what you think just becuz Hulk and Sentry didnt destroy new York it takes nothing away from the characters. They didnt destroy new york while Prime and Yat didnt destroy a cemetery but did manage to take out a few tombstones. wink

What planet has Prime just oneshotted?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Here we go with the first exaggeration. Uhm no matter what you think just becuz Hulk and Sentry didnt destroy new York it takes nothing away from the characters. They didnt destroy new york while Prime and Yat didnt destroy a cemetery but did manage to take out a few tombstones. wink

Prime has already been shown moving planets faster than thier atmospheres can rearrange. It takes more power to move a planet than to destroy one.

quanchi112
Prime has already been shown moving planets faster than thier atmospheres can rearrange. It takes more power to move a planet than to destroy one. Again Prime couldnt just destroy the earth if he wanted to. No. I love Prime but lets not get insane here. Why wouldnt Prime do tha anyways he hates this earth and the heroes why not get rid of it. Not saying he couldnt destroy the earth but the heroes wouldnt let him. In dc earth really is the center of the multiverse.

And if it was that easy why did Sinestro round up an army including Prime if all he needed was Prime to just get pissed off and destroy the planet...,.

this isnt hard to figure out people.

Sirius77
Here we go with the first exaggeration. Uhm no matter what you think just becuz Hulk and Sentry didnt destroy new York it takes nothing away from the characters. They didnt destroy new york while Prime and Yat didnt destroy a cemetery but did manage to take out a few tombstones. wink

He pushed a planet at lightspeed. Thats better than oneshotting one.

Sirius77
Again Prime couldnt just destroy the earth if he wanted to. No. I love Prime but lets not get insane here. Why wouldnt Prime do tha anyways he hates this earth and the heroes why not get rid of it. Not saying he couldnt destroy the earth but the heroes wouldnt let him. In dc earth really is the center of the multiverse.

And if it was that easy why did Sinestro round up an army including Prime if all he needed was Prime to just get pissed off and destroy the planet...,.

The heroes of earth dont matter to him anymore (at least the ones in the city), he can oneshot the planet any time he wants. Hes just toying with everyone. Making them suffer for what they did to him.

quanchi112
The heroes of earth dont matter to him anymore (at least the ones in the city), he can oneshot the planet any time he wants. Hes just toying with everyone. Making them suffer for what they did to him. He really cant oneshot the earth like you think he can. What makes you think he can oneshot all the heroes and all of earth? it doesnt add up or make sense.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again Prime couldnt just destroy the earth if he wanted to. No. I love Prime but lets not get insane here. Why wouldnt Prime do tha anyways he hates this earth and the heroes why not get rid of it. Not saying he couldnt destroy the earth but the heroes wouldnt let him. In dc earth really is the center of the multiverse.

No one destroys the planet that has all the money making titles staged there. that is the crux of business. We identify with beings that look like us. We are self centered human beings who think everything revolves around us. Which is why our world, or facscimilies of our earth, are always the center universe, or the prime multiverse ect. No one is ever going to destroy the main reality with the main earth in it.

Sirius77
He really cant oneshot the earth like you think he can. What makes you think he can oneshot all the heroes and all of earth? it doesnt add up or make sense.

I never said that. All I stated was that he can oneshot earth. Unless earth is >>>>>>> speed force and phantom zone.

Estacado
I never said that. All I stated was that he can oneshot earth. Unless earth is >>>>>>> speed force and phantom zone.
Pretty much.

quanchi112
He pushed a planet at lightspeed. Thats better than oneshotting one. The point is he cant oneshot the planet. Do you know ho wmnay fools have tried to destroy earth before and failed. To much resistance in dc to just destroy earth as easily as you say.

quanchi112
I never said that. All I stated was that he can oneshot earth. Unless earth is >>>>>>> speed force and phantom zone. I disagree. Again what planets has he oneshotted?

B.A
The point is he cant oneshot the planet. Do you know ho wmnay fools have tried to destroy earth before and failed. To much resistance in dc to just destroy earth as easily as you say.

Do you even read the same comics as the rest of us or do you just draw your own and use them??

quanchi112
Originally posted by B.A
Do you even read the same comics as the rest of us or do you just draw your own and use them?? The point was made that Prime anytime he wanted to could just simply destroy the planet with all the heroes on it. I think Prime could definitely destroy earth if there was no opposition. Read back and realize what was said before you start trolling.

quanchi112

And the sentry and hulk fightwas exactly what I thought it was. The difference between that and the ion fight was the fact that wwh and sentry were using ALL of their power. The same cannot be said for the other. BA is it this simple? Could he just destroy the planet immediately like was said here?

pr1983
I can't believe people are b*tching about the fight so much...

yat got the shit kicked out of him because he just wasnt ready to be ion...

sure he had power, but he'd been in the corps how long? he's a damned rookie, and they give him the power why? cos he's daxamite... not because he's terribly inventive or creative (which he hadnt shown as a gl either) but because he's like a kryptonian...

its like handing a fresh recruit a sniper rifle and expecting him to be as good as a military trained shooter...

guardians messed up, its their own fault...

give yat proper training, then he's a match for prime imo...

and as for the rods... with the sheer strength of prime, i don't see why its that big of a stretch... ok, it was for the sake of plot, but still...

Estacado
I disagree. Again what planets has he oneshotted?
Fail.
One shoting a dimensional barrier>>>>one shoting a planet.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/s11.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by pr1983

sure he had power, but he'd been in the corps how long? he's a damned rookie, and they give him the power why? cos he's daxamite... not because he's terribly inventive or creative (which he hadnt shown as a gl either) but because he's like a kryptonian...

its like handing a fresh recruit a sniper rifle and expecting him to be as good as a miltary trained shooter...

and as for the rods... with the sheer strength of prime, i don't see why its that big of a stretch... ok, it was for the sake of plot, but still... I think people are mostly upset now anyways as it isnt over that he beat up on the new Ion whether he had training or not. It seemed like they were building up Yat which I still believe they will but most thought it was his time to shine. The guy survived the AM trying t kill him and is a natural leader. Then all of a sudden Prime shows up and says ill fight you. He does and whips his ass. I dont think people thought it was going to be so onesided as it was but its not over people and I think Yat will soon realize he Ion powers and become the leader dc has set him out to be. I just hope Yat does realize his powers but doesnt get the chance to avenge his loss to Prime. Il have to wait and see though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Fail.
One shoting a dimensional barrier>>>>one shoting a planet.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/s11.jpg Yes he faced no opposition. Lots of characters could oneshot dc earth but that doesnt mean they wont face any opposition.

What would dc earth be without all its heroes....answer just an ordinary planet.

TricksterPriest

its like handing a fresh recruit a sniper rifle and expecting him to be as good as a military trained shooter...

and as for the rods... with the sheer strength of prime, i don't see why its that big of a stretch... ok, it was for the sake of plot, but still...

It's not the rods they're bitching about, that part we can ignore or at least shrug and say ok. It's the lead poisoning that has people outraged and calling PIS. I view it as the schmuck got what he deserved for trying to slug it out with Prime. It's his own damn fault he lost. And the guardians need to take a long hard look at their own failures for not telling him about his own weakness.

Val

Why are you shocked everyone's complaining? You just stated half the reasons why we're complaining in the first place.

Sirius77
I think people are mostly upset now anyways as it isnt over that he beat up on the new Ion whether he had training or not. It seemed like they were building up Yat which I still believe they will but most thought it was his time to shine. The guy survived the AM trying t kill him and is a natural leader. Then all of a sudden Prime shows up and says ill fight you. He does and whips his ass. I dont think people thought it was going to be so onesided as it was but its not over people and I think Yat will soon realize he Ion powers and become the leader dc has set him out to be. I just hope Yat does realize his powers but doesnt get the chance to avenge his loss to Prime. Il have to wait and see though.

Realistically, I dont see what the big deal is with yat being a rookie. Wasnt sbps first fight with the am in coie? He was new to his powers and he fought the am along with the other supermans. His second fight, he pwned mm. His third, he pwned every teen titan. His fourth fight, he pwned thirty tow gls and killed kal-l. His fifth fight, he fought pretty much every toptier in whatever city he was in and then pwned ion. A rookie is a rookie.

But I don't think that ion will beat him even with training. Superboy-prime was toying with him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Realistically, I dont see what the big deal is with yat being a rookie. Wasnt sbps first fight with the am in coie? He was new to his powers and he fought the am along with the other supermans. His second fight, he pwned mm. His third, he pwned every teen titan. His fourth fight, he pwned thirty tow gls and killed kal-l. His fifth fight, he fought pretty much every toptier in whatever city he was in and then pwned ion. A rookie is a rookie.

But I don't think that ion will beat him even with training. Superboy-prime was toying with him.
SBP was NOT toying with ION. He doesn't toy with anyone.

Estacado
He was making fun of Yat the whole time.....

B.A
He just flys through it and destroys it.

Sirius77

You know what I mean. He was joking around the entire time like it was a game.

Sundipped

Calm down. The point is that he pwns regardless. smokin'

B.A
He wasn't toying, he was trying to hurt him and beat him but he wasn't worried throughout the fight.

Like if Muhammad Ali took on a boxer and knew he was going to win, it still means he has to try to beat him.

Sirius77
Originally posted by B.A
He wasn't toying, he was trying to hurt him and beat him but he wasn't worried throughout the fight.

Like if Muhammad Ali took on a boxer and knew he was going to win, it still means he has to try to beat him.

Id say that it would be more like mike tyson vs vin diesel... their both tough...but you get the point.

quanchi112
SBP was NOT toying with ION. He doesn't toy with anyone. He was always a step ahead of Sodam and wasnt at all worried about him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.