Only your hate can distroy me !!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Ok i guess vader was giving a clue to luke by saying Only your hate can distroy me in ESB. when vader says you have a sister and luke goes nuts in ROTJ !

Its like he wanted luke to distroy him ?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by coolmovies
Ok i guess vader was giving a clue to luke by saying Only your hate can distroy me in ESB. when vader says you have a sister and luke goes nuts in ROTJ !

He didn't want to Luke to destroy him rather that he wanted Luke to use his hate so Vader can convert him to the darkside so he can be used against Sidious.

queeq
Answered.

Sadako of Girth
While I do feel thats the answer, it still puzzles me a little in ESB where Vader is really going for it with neck level hacks and slashes...
Raelly seemed to be on a mission to take Luke out at multiple points in that fight. Seems a little weird given the afformentioned motivations...

queeq
Maybe he just got pissed that Luke didn't quite do what he had in mind. He kept escaping and not giving in. He's still a Sith.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by coolmovies

I think he may have had enough, and saw that like Douku before him, he was a puppet for the emperor and that he wanted Luke to take over, Vader did not want his son to turn out like him, or end up like him, so I think the pain was to much having to live like he did, and as well as his Son having to fight or be destroyed, I think he just wanted all the pain and hatred to end.

queeq
I doubt that. Killing Luke would centrainly have kept up the status quo.

General G
I like coolmovies...he always has interesting questions to ask. smile

queeq
Coolmovies is...err.... cool. wink

General G
laughing out loud hehehe

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
While I do feel thats the answer, it still puzzles me a little in ESB where Vader is really going for it with neck level hacks and slashes...
Raelly seemed to be on a mission to take Luke out at multiple points in that fight. Seems a little weird given the afformentioned motivations...

Well, it's simple. The Sith only care for you if you're strong. If Vader had gone easy on him then Luke wouldn't be able to hows his true abilities, but if Vader went all out, and Luke went all out, and Luke showed promise eh could be the new potential Sith. If not, then he was weak and was useless, so his death wouldn't mean anything.

By the way, is the word "Sith" ever mentioned in the OT?

coolmovies
But theres another point luke goes nuts when vader say's sister. His hand turned black . Luke did lose is at the end

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Hord
He didn't want to Luke to destroy him rather that he wanted Luke to use his hate so Vader can convert him to the darkside so he can be used against Sidious. yes

queeq
Talk about stating the obvious.

General G
When people run out of things to say, thats what they say.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by General G
When people run out of things to say, thats what they say. indeed, what a useless post.

General G
I try. smile

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
By the way, is the word "Sith" ever mentioned in the OT?

Nope,I don't think Lucas had the idea of the sith at that time the OT was made. Come to think of it when did the word "sith" come exactly come about? I think I remember hearing a long time of ago that they needed something to describe Darth Vader on his action figure and that how the word came about.(don't quote me on it) But I don't know when that action figure came out.

queeq
I think it was mentioned in the novelisations though. I remember distinctly that in merchandise around ESB Sith were mentioned. Sith were in the very first drafts of SW as well. So it's not somethying that was made up for the PT.

General G
Where did you read the first drafts of the movies?

queeq
You can find scripts and treatments all over the net. Just look for Journal of the Whills... and you'll find it.

General G
Hmm, I think I will.

General G
Edit.

queeq
Edit?

Any luck yet?

General G
Yup, found it. wink

queeq
Good. Did you read it already?

General G
Not quite.

queeq
So a bit?

General G
Well, it depends, I have found a few odd things, how long should it be?

queeq
It's not two or three pages. It's a fairly elaborate treatment about a father and a son getting out of a shiny spaceship running from a couple of Sith or something.

General G
Well, I found a bunch of things here, none of which under that name, but I assume it has to be one of them:

http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/scripts.htm

Care to help?

queeq
Well, that's pretty good. It shows all the drafts in sequence. It's the second one (rough draft) that looks like a script. The story evolved quite a bit. But the ROUGH draft of May 74 is the first version with Anikin (!) in it.

Read all of it.

General G
Alright, I will download the second one then, thank you.

queeq
You're welcome and enjoy.

K-Dog
I'm beginning to wonder now if Vader didn't actually want Luke to chop him down and become a sith himself. To do so would be to promote the cause of the sith (the most powerful in control). Perhaps he also thought that Luke would be stronger than himself, and would have a chance to plug up Sid's orifices some day in a way that Vader could not. I know it's kinda dumb, but what guy doesn't want to see his son succeed? This would be a good way to give his son a promotion and get out of his own miserable existence as well.

queeq
Duh.... wasn't that clear from ESB?

General G
laughing out loud

mad I can't open it. It is too old of a version, so I am searching again...

queeq
What? Talking about your brain again?

General G
haha...not quite.

queeq
Sounded like it.

General G
No, and is it this short?

http://www.screamingmonkeys.com/whills/whills.htm

queeq
Huh??? That is the novelisation of the film.

Go here, the link you posted earlier and download the various drafts: http://www.starwarz.com/starkiller/scripts.htm

It really isn't that hard you know.

General G
I did download it...just like you had told me to...and when I opened it, it said that the file was too old of a version to open.

queeq
You have to use WINRAR to unzip it. You can down load a free trail fro taht.

Otherwise, try this one:
http://starwars.rossiters.com/anh_screenplays.html

General G
*sigh*

Trying.

EDIT:

Which one?

queeq
All of them....

Start with the earlier versions. They're the smallest. They get bigger as you get further in time.

And stop sighing, you don't HAVE to read them. I for one would be happy if you just watched ANH at least once. wink

General G
Quiet! I have! And multiple times! One tiny part...

And I know I don't have to.

queeq
Two tiny parts. You also said Luke didn't find out until ESB taht he was lied to about his father.

General G
He wasn't!

queeq
He was!!!Owne told him Anakin was a pilot of a freighter. OB1 told him he was a great starpilot and a Jedi. Ergo, Luke finds out Owen and Beru have been lying about his dad all his life. One of the motivations why he leaves with OB1: 'to become a Jedi like my father'.

General G
What else was Luke going to do on Tatooine?!?! His parents were dead...he wanted to go off and join the Rebels anyways...and he just got an offer to become a Jedi! Of course he is going to leave...and he was a great star pilot and great Jedi...Anakin Skywalker was...not Darth Vader.

queeq
So you admit Luke finds out in ANH his aunt and uncle had been lying to him all his life about his father!

Did you see ANH now? Did you like it?

General G
mad

I have seen it! And I could still say he wasn't lied to, just two interpretations of what he did.

queeq
Anakin was NEVER a pilot of a space freighter, Anakin DID fight in the Clone Wars.

Typical for a droid to not know the difference between true and false.

General G
How much would Owen have known about space freighters??

Not very much...so Anakin could have been flying a fighter and wouldn't known much about it, so referred to it as a freighter (not just because they sound similar) but just because he doesn't know one from the other.

queeq
Owen knew very very well who Anakin was... Don't play dumb.... G. Dumbwalker.. hmm... welcome to that family, I guess.

General G
I am not playing anything...I am just trying to hold onto anything I can to prove myself right... sad

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by queeq
He was!!!Owne told him Anakin was a pilot of a freighter. OB1 told him he was a great starpilot and a Jedi. Ergo, Luke finds out Owen and Beru have been lying about his dad all his life. One of the motivations why he leaves with OB1: 'to become a Jedi like my father'. not to mention that he saw his aunt and uncle BBQ'd.

queeq
Yeah, but G never saw that.

Rogue Jedi
a squad of stormtroopers looking for me would be incentive enough for me.

queeq
laughing out loud

I wasn't talking about a reason as such, more in the sense of purpose. Luke was not JUST running.

Rogue Jedi
what else was he doing then? his taxes?

queeq
Becoming a Jedi. duh...

steverules
And his taxes big grin

IrOnTrAiT
I bet vader was like ooo omg i have a DAUGHTER HAS WELL YEEEEEEPEE now well 'so you have a twin sister' lol

General G
Definately?

steverules
I wonder if Vader ever found out Luke and his sister made out

queeq
He'd have thrown himself down the chute as well. wink

steverules
Yup

General G
How embarassing for a father.

steverules
I know...he doesn't even know Luke didn't freak out when he found out...Luke was just like oh ok...well I did make out with her but since I am a Jedi I guess thats ok then...to which obi wan replied...yes I once took my mother down by the fire

queeq
laughing out loud

steverules
Her lips said no but her eyes screamed yes

queeq
Especially when I showed her my ..er... lightsabre.

General G
My lightsaber is bigger.

queeq
Sure...

General G
Jealousy is not very becoming.

queeq
Sure.

steverules
Can't ligthsabre sizes be changed on the handle?

queeq
According to some books, I can't remember if they were EU or not, it does talk about adjustment buttons to vary the length of the blade.

steverules
What's EU stand for?

queeq
EU=Expanded Universe. I.e. everything outside the movies, the movie novelisations and the NPR radioplays of the movies - they are canon.

steverules
Ahh right, ok thanks...I've never been sure if a lightsabre's length could be made longer or not

queeq
I read about it... maybe in a canon book but I am not sure.

General G
It would however explain Yoda's short green lightsaber.

queeq
Maybe a short hilt would do that. Maybe his crystal is smaller... who knows.

General G
Only GL knows for sure.

queeq
Maybe not even him... becauauauauauasee.... it doesn't matter.

General G
hehehe, or that!

queeq
Or what?

steverules
Because it doesn't matter

General G
Geeze, you even said it queeq...

queeq
Ah...

General G
Memory loss...it's ok queeq, it is perfectly normal in older folk. wink

queeq
No memory loss, just playing dumb. Like this thread. CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.