Duel of the Darth's: Bane vs Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fascistcrusader
I'd like to see people's opinions on this fight. The contest will have three battles, all taking place in the arena on Geonosis.

First battle: Sabers only

Second battle: Force powers only

Third battle: All out fight

Ultra Omega
Tyranus gets beaten bad.

1. Bane was able to overwhelm Kas'im on equal ground in lightsaber combat alone, and it was mostly attributed to his force ability (which speaks for how heavily force ability factors in on saber combat). Kas'im, who was described as possibly being the best swordsman there had been up until his time, and Kas'im who had mastered all 7 lightsaber forms, and had spent decades perfecting them, for even the double bladed lightsaber and dual sabers.

Yet, this was before he got much more powerful with the force (best seen in BotS, where his powers increase incredibly, as stated) and obtains the orbalisk armour, which pumps Bane with adrenaline and strength, and protects him from the blade of a lightsaber (granted, the armour doesn't cover his head), meaning he could nearly sacrifice his entire defence for offense in a lightsaber duel (essentially his offence isn't as limited like that of most, who would need to make sure they don't leave their body open) and he has a much greater opportunity of attack, given he can literally attack with kicks and punches without worrying about having his arms or legs sliced off. Also, he can parry his opponents blows with his arms, and hold the blade of a lightsaber in his orbalisk covered hands... The practical applications of the armour are incredible.

He would easily defeat Dooku in a lightsaber battle.

2. Bane's power was described as being far greater than that of the entire BoD, in reference to the time where he learns from Darth Revan's holocron.

His pure mastery of the force was phenomenal, as can be seen where he and the other Sith Masters gather for a ritual on Ruusan to devastated the Jedi.

Bane was able to quite simply absorb the power of all of the Masters, which was coming out in the form of force lightning (which puts to shame Corran Horn's gift of energy absorption), which he was, in part, taking forcefully (as evident by Kopecz words: "When we were focusing the force through you, it felt as if you had your teeth on our throats. As if you were trying to suck us dry."wink, so that he could focus their entire combined power into himself (remember that Bane's force powers was stated as being far greater than that of the entire BoD, which would consist of all of these mentioned Masters + more anyway) and unleash their power by himself. Now, rather than be torn apart by such a level of power (which was described as being able to consume anything and everything in its path, and would have destroyed the whole of Ruusan if the Sith Masters had stuck with the ritual), he was able to fully harness it, and rather than lose control over it, he was able to direct it on a planet wide scale.

Phenomenal Force strength and phenomenal mastery of The Force give Bane an extremely easy win here, as well.

3. As explained above, Bane clearly has greater tools to win in either a force or lightsaber matchup. He wins, quite easily.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Ultra Omega
Tyranus gets beaten bad.
AHAHAHA

Bane's ability to overwhelm Kas'im was attributed to him knowing Kas'ims style. When Kas'im unleashed a style Bane HADNT practice, he was basically wtfpwned, so your point is moot. Dooku has over 6 decades of training and is one of the best swordsmen the jedi order ever produced. Very unlikely that Bane could beat him in this category.

This was not what it said, stop twisting shit as usual.

What exactly makes his mastery of the force phenomenally? As far as we know, only a few people have "mastered" the force, and Bane isn't one of them.

GOsh, you're forgetting the simple fact that without the masters, Bane couldn't pull off this ritual.

The only thing Bane has here is an advantage in the force, although Dooku is HARDLY a slouch. He would have difficulty but Bane would win with the force. A saber battle would most likely go to Dooku.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Ultra Omega
Tyranus gets beaten bad.

1. Bane was able to overwhelm Kas'im on equal ground in lightsaber combat alone, and it was mostly attributed to his force ability (which speaks for how heavily force ability factors in on saber combat). Kas'im, who was described as possibly being the best swordsman there had been up until his time, and Kas'im who had mastered all 7 lightsaber forms, and had spent decades perfecting them, for even the double bladed lightsaber and dual sabers.

WTF are you talking about? Your starting to get so damm annoying i feel its my obligation to own you in every topic you attempt to suck bane's dick and use this one duel where he gets shitted and pass it off as some big victory.

I recall bane pissing in his pants after kasim switched styles which bane was unable to recognise and got OWNED in the end. It sure was an "overwhelm" and what happens when somebody does not follow a sequence of a certein style? He gets owned

Ultra Omega
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
AHAHAHA

Calm the feck down you crazy person.

Actually, it was attributed to his force ability, and the way in which it factors in on lightsaber ability.

"The outcome was inevitable. Bane was simply too strong in the Force." - PoD, pg. 243.

As for knowing Kas'im's style, Kas'im knew Bane's, so as I said, equal footing, and simply being able to counter a swordsman's moves doesn't remove the advantages that the swordsman gains from them, given it essentially grants the swordsman more options, and more combinations to command, increasing the difficulty of anticipating them for the opponent. Also, that's not taking into account the defensive manoeuvres provided by all forms, which Bane is not shown or stated to possess any kind of advantage against.

My point is moot? Here, for the retards who couldn't read it the first time, in CAPLOCKS, and bold: BANE WAS ABLE TO OVERWHELM KAS'IM ON EQUAL GROUND IN LIGHTSABER COMBAT ALONE.

So, my point was essentially saying that when no side was gaining any advantage over the other, Bane was able to overwhelm Kas'im. Yet, somehow, posting what happened when the ground was no longer equal moots my point which was dealing with what happened on equal ground?

Ahahhahhahhah

As for Bane getting "wtfpwned" when Kas'im used an unfamiliar style, most would, up against one of the greatest swordsman ever, whilst using a completely alien fighting style. It was stated that the number of combinations that Kas'im could use and which Bane was completely unfamiliar with were in the millions. Essentially, this is irrelevant, as I was supporting Bane's actual ability with a lightsaber, and him performing badly with such an enormous disadvantage on his hands doesn't detract from that.

Yet, Bane was able to dominate (hint: implies vast superiority) possibly the greatest swordsman ever, who mastered all 7 forms (for not only the regular art of fighting with one saber, but also dual sabers and the saber-staff), and then went on the perfect them for decades in a saber duel on equal footing.

Before growing in the force tremendously, and before gaining the Orbalisk Armour, which as I explained, provides enormous advantages.

Also, dedication, and talent, can make up for fewer years of training. Bane spent hours training every day, and possessed a super genius level learning rate (given how he was able to master force lightning in less than an hour for instance).

"Yet it would fall to another, far more powerful than the entire BoD, to ultimately realise the full potential of the Sith, and wield the awesome power of the dark side as never before." - summary given in the inside flap of the book.

So, as usual, you're talking bullshit.

Nothing makes his mastery of the force phenomenally.

However, certain things make his mastery of the force phenomenal.

Namely, how he's able to drain the energy out of all the Masters at once, absorb all of their energy at once (in the form of lightning), gain control over the magnificent power, and direct it on a planet wide scale.

Nobody has been shown to completely master the force, but as far as mastery goes, what Bane displayed is some of the greatest we've thus far seen. In fact, I can't really think of any greater display, in that regard.

Again, for the retarded: HIS PURE MASTERY OF THE FORCE WAS PHENOMENAL, AS CAN BE SEEN WHERE HE AND THE OTHER SITH MASTERS GATHER FOR A RITUAL ON RUUSAN TO DEVESTATE THE JEDI.

So, clearly, to anyone who can read, the point I was making was about his mastery. The fact that the ritual required multiple people doesn't detract from the level of mastery he displays as the vessel for the ritual. Also, it doesn't detract from his power anywhere near as much as you'd like to make out. Bane's power is put on a level of being far greater than that of the entire BoD, meaning those Masters' added strength really wouldn't have made much of a difference. Given prep, Bane would logically be able to replicate the feat to almost as high a degree.

In comparison to Bane, he flat out sucks, and no, he has an advantage in not only the force department, but the brains department (learning rate, manipulating Kaan into destroying the BoD,), and the lightsaber ability department (as already explained).

And what a marvellous case you made!

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I'd like to see people's opinions on this fight. The contest will have three battles, all taking place in the arena on Geonosis.

First battle: Sabers only

Second battle: Force powers only

Third battle: All out fight

Good fight but Des takes all three.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.