Death Note

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

InnerRise
Premise: This High School Student has a "Death Note". This allows him to control how and when people die. All he needs is their name and he can write down how he wants them to do and at exactly what time.

Okay, so now that that is out of the way.

THIS SHOW IS SERIOUSLY PISSING ME OFF!

At first I didn't really know what think of the guy. He was only killing criminals at first.........now he's killing FBI Agents and crap.

This last episode just had this woman who use to be an FBI Agent looking for the murderer of her fiance.

The murderer of course was this boy. The fiance had been a FBI Agent as well and he was searching for the murderer and didn't realize that the boy was the murderer and he gave the boy his name and thus the boy killed him.

So the boy met up with his fiance and she was very cautious and didn't give her real name at first. Throughout this whole episode it's basically him trying to find out her name without giving his identity away as the killer.

You really like this girl and want her to live and find the murderer and take her information to the cops. He doesn't want this. You really think she's one up'ed him by concealing her real identity from anyone, but he tricks her.

The episodes ends with him writing her name down on the Death Note and her walking away to kill herself, unknowingly controlled by his Death Note.

Right at the very end, she asks him why he keeps glancing at his watch. (He's doing this to time the death just right)

Right when he gets her name and writes it down and it's too late for her, he tells her that he's the murderer with the Deathly Smirk and she has this moment of realization and Awe and is stunned and horror stricken and her faces tenses up and goes blank b/c she now has just become under control of his Death Note...........She walks away and he plays around and asks her a few questions and she in a monotone voice says she must go b/c she has something she must do and he smiles and says yes........walk to your death (something along those lines b/c she's under control and can't do anything about it now anyways no matter what he says)

So as she's walking away the back ground in front of her goes dark and it shows this image of stairs in front of her, that she appears to be walking up, and there's a NOOSE up at the top.

This all is symbolizing her walking to her death, perhaps to hang herself.

We don't actually know what he wrote and how he described her death, so I don't know if she'll actually hang herself, but either way it was all very disconcerting and a very uncomfortable episode.

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....

Gregory
"Pissing you off" in what way? The protagonist isn't really supposed to be a hero, I think; he started off with good intentions, but became corrupted by the death note. L and his team are the real "good guys" of the series.

RaventheOnly
He actually writes that in exactly 10 seconds (like 5:50pm) after he writes her name that she would be overwhelemed by hopelessness and think of nothing but suicide over the course of two days. He specifies that she would find the most efficient way to dispose of her own body so that no one would ever find it.

HueyFreeman
Crazy series although in Ls case I feel you need a certain level of suspension of disbelief with his deductive skills. You will see what I mean 20 or so episodes in.

Striding Cloud
I thought this series was pretty cool. I watched the first episode on cartoon net work. And loved it but i wanted to finish the Gunbuster series before i started it.

King Kandy
That's NOTHING compared to what he does later on.

Kento
Isn't that the truth. Though he's good at what he does..even if it makes me not like him.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Kento
Isn't that the truth. Though he's good at what he does..even if it makes me not like him. Its more along the lines of impossible. A lot of the clues later on can be interpreted in a number of different ways yet L nails it spot on with each clue. Some of it makes me laugh.

Kento
L is along the lines of impossible but Light uses people to get what he wants from them or from somebody else. Though the only reason I think L even suspected Light was because he was the cops son and would have inside info on stuff without even really having the proof.

King Kandy
L failed... But I think Near is just plain ridiculous, he's like L 10x.

RaventheOnly
Technically L didn't fail. Light took a trump card to end the danger that L couldn't prevent to begin with; if Light hadn't been so arrogant he could have ended the whole thing when he met Misa's shinigami.

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by King Kandy
L failed... But I think Near is just plain ridiculous, he's like L 10x.

Wait, are you implying that Near is smarter than L, because that is most definitely not the case. Near himself even admitted that neither he nor Mello were at L's level, but only when they combine their efforts together, could they manage to surpass L.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by ensatsu-ken
Wait, are you implying that Near is smarter than L, because that is most definitely not the case. Near himself even admitted that neither he nor Mello were at L's level, but only when they combine their efforts together, could they manage to surpass L. Why is it that every genius has a ridiculous quirk. L with sweets, Mello with candy, and Near with toys. And yes I agree that Mello and Near separately are not smarter than L. Also there were a number of stupid mistakes that light made with Near, some were out of his hands though.

InnerRise
Well watching the last episode that aired on Adult Swim, I definitely got a taste of L's Amazing, if not incredibly impossible, Deducting Skills.......and I'm not hating on them. I hope he uses his unbelievable skills of perception and Nails that idiot Light.

I'm disgusted that during the beginning I was actually okay with Light and then gradually became on the Fence as to whether he was good or not and now I realize he's just pure evil and out of control.

This show was very misleading. I really thought he was a good person. Ugh. And I thought "L" was bad. Ugh.

By the way.......being that I'm watching it for the first time on Adult Swim, could you people who are talking about future stuff put it in spoilers?

Thanks.

I was actually not even going to bother this Anime and I didn't even watch the first 2-4 episodes. I don't know how many there have been so I'm not quite certain how many episodes I skipped.

I actually always had it turned on, but when I realized BLEACH wasn't on, I'd just leave it on television but go and do something on my computer, so it'd be in the background and little by little I caught bits and pieces that pulled me away from my computer and I actually decided to watch a later episode, maybe the 3-5 one and I got kind of caught up in the material.........and the one up above in my first Post that I described above was the one that really hooked me and has gotten me all the more into this Anime.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ensatsu-ken
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Why is it that every genius has a ridiculous quirk. L with sweets, Mello with candy, and Near with toys. And yes I agree that Mello and Near separately are not smarter than L. Also there were a number of stupid mistakes that light made with Near, some were out of his hands though.

I agree, but I do feel that one of his mistakes was that he underestimated both Mello and Near, to some extent. Although, Mikami also did his fare share of contributing a major mistake in attemptin to carry out Light's plan, IMO. Still, I don't really feel that Light should have ever tried relying on some random person who he did not personally know, to carry out any major tasks for him.

Captain King
Light is awesome, except ofcourse when he's whining like a little *****.

The worse thing Light did was not get in Misa's pants. What a moron.
(You guys are probably not there yet. But Misa is this hot jailbait gothic chick who idolizes Keira. AKA: She'd let Keira deflower her if he asked)

But then i'm able to enjoy Death Note because I don't take it too seriously. It's the perfect B movie made into an anime. Some emo brat finds a supernatural tool to do God's will.

Said emo encounters detective emo who i'm guessing is autistic.

Emos use thier nerdy intillect to, well this picture is bassicaly what they do untill L dies.
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/5a/Death_Note_In_A_Nutshell.jpg

All this, and Ryuuk can only say when asked why he even let Light get ahold of the deathnote in the firstplace..
http://www.shinigamiworld.com/Ryuk.jpg
I did it for the lulz

xmarksthespot
The series is good up until L dies. I'm not entirely sure if it was necessary to put spoiler tags there.

After which it goes downhill, to a very unsatisfying ending.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Captain King
Light is awesome, except ofcourse when he's whining like a little *****.

The worse thing Light did was not get in Misa's pants. What a moron.
(You guys are probably not there yet. But Misa is this hot jailbait gothic chick who idolizes Keira. AKA: She'd let Keira deflower her if he asked)

But then i'm able to enjoy Death Note because I don't take it too seriously. It's the perfect B movie made into an anime. Some emo brat finds a supernatural tool to do God's will.

Said emo encounters detective emo who i'm guessing is autistic.

Emos use thier nerdy intillect to, well this picture is bassicaly what they do untill L dies.
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/5a/Death_Note_In_A_Nutshell.jpg

All this, and Ryuuk can only say when asked why he even let Light get ahold of the deathnote in the firstplace..
http://www.shinigamiworld.com/Ryuk.jpg
I did it for the lulz DO YOU KNOW WHAT A SPOILER TAG IS?!

USE IT!

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

King Kandy
Originally posted by Captain King
It's the perfect B movie made into an anime. =
Um, the manga came before the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.