OK so I lost my JLA book where they were picking the new members and I believe there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
is something freaking important. I know that they were showing stuff happening in the future. I need for someone to post that book so we can look at it. I believe it is alluding to batman dying, and who kills the new gods and maybe why and clues to final crisis.

Mr. Slippyfist
#?

Also, you should re-name this thread "Who is the killer?" or something... I don't know...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
#?

Also, you should re-name this thread "Who is the killer?" or something... I don't know...

No, I remember reading the stuff that was shown in the future and was baffled back then. But I can see that That book is showing what is going to happen with everything. And I can't ****ing find it. It was the JLA special or something. The one where clark, diana, and bruce get together and pick the league. can't even remember the name of the comic.

Rorschach
It was issue #0.

I'll post it, in a couple of minutes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Rorschach
It was issue #0.

I'll post it, in a couple of minutes.

Thanks.

tjcoady
You mean zero right? When Meltzer is doing the whole Yesterday/Tomorrow/Yesterday/Tomorrow/TODAY! deal?

I just dug it up and read through it. In the "Tomorrow's" we see a lot of things:
there's a wedding of Hal Jordan (which does reference that Ollie Queen has gotten married at that point);

Batman, Wonder Woman fighting an apparently super-powered Lex Luthor, who is shouting "He was my son!" in what I'm assuming is a reference to Conner Kent- it's not explicitly stated, and we've never seen Luthor to really have an attachment to Conner, so that may be incorrect;

Superman, filling in the tunnel under his bedroom, understandably shaken over the death of Jonathan Kent;

Bats, Diana, and Clark on Paradise Island, discussing how Diana is giving up immortality in order to marry an unspecified male;

Superman noting that Diana and Bruce didn't come to the Watchtower, thinking "Even after the funeral," ambiguous as to whose funeral, and then Superman, crying saying "Damn you, Bruce;"

this next one is weird- the Three standing over some sort of generated display talking about a "Second Earth," an Earth which has superheroes in costume elements derived from New Earth, Earth 1, and Earth 2, such as a Justice League member Spectre, a Detroit League era Zatanna outfit, a Rex Tyler Hourman, Jay Garrick as the Flash in the League with modern Supes and Batman, and Golden Age Aquaman, Hawkman, and Alan Scott. And I have a feeling this is important, especially with all the other weird, Earth 2 elements running around- like old school Despero, wearing clothes and looking all skinny);

Superman and Wonder Woman talking about Batman's death: Diana: "Is it true what the government said, that he went down-"
Clark- "It's a lie, he went underground for years."
Clark also mentions that Batman hated him in the end, to which Diana responds with: "That's not true. Why would he spend so much time trying to be like you." It's also mentioned that Diana has "come back" from an unclarified position away.

Rorschach

tjcoady
I'm not sure what's easier. My long-winded re-cap or just posting the issue. Thanks Rorschach.

DigiMark007
Posting entire issues breaches copyright and is not allowed. I would ask you to refrain from it in the future. Thank you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.