Is mace windu underrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battlehammer
I think so. I been on other sites were people actaully try and tell me obi wan is a better jedi/duelest then mace. I also hear individuals stating that anakin and Vader would easily defeat mace........

Am I missing something becuase in all honesty I think vader or obi or anakin would get compelely stomp by mace.

queeq
Anakin DID defeat Mace. wink

Battlehammer
........actaully he dident............u nless your impling cheat shoting an allie as a win.........

K-Dog
I always got the impression that ninja was as good as anyone. I think that he could fare a little better against sidious than yoda. I see him as just being bigger and stronger than yoda. He was turning the electricity back on Sidous before you know who stepped in. And definitely he should be able to take down obi-wan or anakin or vader, or even Puke. But he got cheap shotted like previously mentioned. I wish Obi-wan had been in the same room when Anakin did that so he could have seared Anakin's rectum shut with the hot sword after that incident. smokin'

Captain REX
I think Queeq was making a joke. stick out tongue

Windu is supposed to be second only to Yoda in the Order, if not equal with him. Anakin would not be able to defeat him in a straight duel, methinks.

queeq
Making a joke? Me??? I never do that.... wink

Ultra Omega
EU Mace = badass.

Movie Mace = slow ass.

queeq
True... and since we don't discuss EU here, that makes Mace a slow ass.

General G
That's a shame then...but he has a purple lightsaber!!!

queeq
He does.... it's prolly the cause of his slowness.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Captain REX
I think Queeq was making a joke. stick out tongue

Windu is supposed to be second only to Yoda in the Order, if not equal with him. Anakin would not be able to defeat him in a straight duel, methinks. right on. Mace would pwn Annie, just as he pwned Palpy.

Sesse
"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

Thats what I said when I saw mace flying out of Windu.

queeq

~JP~
I have never understood all the "Mace is badass" talk. I thought he really didnt amount to much in the movies other than being an arrogant jerk who kinda deserved what he got. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sesse
"If so powerful you are, why leave?"

Thats what I said when I saw mace flying out of Windu. well, he WAS facing two instead of one, you know. He never imagined Annie would turn on him, if he had, he would have been ready for it and ***** slapped Annie, then killed Palpy.

Mace made the mistake of TALKING about how he was gonna kill somebody instead of just DOING it.

Sesse
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, he WAS facing two instead of one, you know. He never imagined Annie would turn on him, if he had, he would have been ready for it and ***** slapped Annie, then killed Palpy.

Mace made the mistake of TALKING about how he was gonna kill somebody instead of just DOING it.

You know, there are stats in any RPG system that define the characters overall power.

INTELLIGENCE is part of those statistics.

Apparently mace had put there barely enough to speak in comprehensible statements. That would explain why he was so silent...

So DUMB badass mace is just as bad as SMART jediwannabe mace.

Neither of the gets the job done, and is eager to cry afterwards. Both for different reasons.

One just cant figure out what the hell went wrong and the other knows that he never ever will be a real jedi.

Rogue Jedi
You know, there are stats in any RPG system that define the characters overall power.

INTELLIGENCE is part of those statistics.

Apparently mace had put there barely enough to speak in comprehensible statements. That would explain why he was so silent...

So DUMB badass mace is just as bad as SMART jediwannabe mace.

Neither of the gets the job done, and is eager to cry afterwards. Both for different reasons.

One just cant figure out what the hell went wrong and the other knows that he never ever will be a real jedi. RPG stats have nothing to do with the movie character.

And dumbass vs. smart Mace, yes, there is a difference. If Mace makes good decisions, if his mind is clear, he is a more effective Jedi. If he makes poor decisions, he is not nearly as effective.

Obviously in Ep. 3, he was torn between his duty as a Jedi and vigilantism. Palpy was unarmed, at Mace's mercy, and he should have been arrested. Mace decided to take the law into his own hands and kill Palpy.

Fine, kill him, dont TALK about it. If he had just ran Palpy through before Annie could intervene, before Palpy had a chance to use his force lightning, shit would have never gotten out of hand.

queeq
Originally posted by ~JP~
I have never understood all the "Mace is badass" talk. I thought he really didnt amount to much in the movies other than being an arrogant jerk who kinda deserved what he got. no expression

I think it's a bit of Jules spill over the bald Jedi...

Sesse
RPG stats have nothing to do with the movie character.

{Psychology, math, science sociology, logic, common sense, real world things, other world things, our hopes, our ideas ...*}

have nothing to do with George Lucas' invention.

Rogue Jedi
Mace Windu is portrayed to be the second most powerful Jedi, thats all that matters.

queeq
Problem is, we don't quite SEE that.

Sesse
He is portrayed as a arrogant dumbass who just stops fighting and goes window shopping.

~JP~
Mace Windu is portrayed to be the second most powerful Jedi, thats all that matters.

Er no, that'd be Yoda, right behind Anakin. no expression

Sesse
kewl. Cant edit typos >15 min old. Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by ~JP~
Er no, that'd be Yoda, right behind Anakin. no expression Jedi Master, I mean. oops. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
JP is right of course.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by queeq
Problem is, we don't quite SEE that.

We see him Pwn Jango Fett in a few seconds, something Obi-Wan couldn't do.

In the Clone Wars cartoon, he's pretty awesome and he Pwns GG in that show, crushing his chest.

queeq
He killed Jango nice and dandy, I agree. But... he had a Reek at his side.

Clone Wars is EU.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by sithsaber408

In the Clone Wars cartoon, he's pretty awesome and he Pwns GG in that show, crushing his chest. in Obi Wans defense, he DID have little Boba manning the SLAVE I's cannons, AND Jango had his jet pack.

Sesse
Originally posted by sithsaber408

Just as Anakin Pwned Mace in a few seconds, something Darth Sidious could't do....

So if Jango deals with Obi1. Mace kills Jango. Anakin Kills Mace.

It seems that Yoda is the sucker here afterall.

Mace pwns Sidious
Sidious pwns Yoda
And Anakin pwns Mace.
Dooku pwns Obi1
Yoda equals Dooku
Obi1 pwns Anakin ( The important one....)

So Anakin > Mace < Sidious > Yoda = Dooku > ObiWan. > Anakin

So Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan > Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan > Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan >Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan....

Georges paradox!

Rogue Jedi
ouch.....

queeq
Just as Anakin Pwned Mace in a few seconds, something Darth Sidious could't do....

So if Jango deals with Obi1. Mace kills Jango. Anakin Kills Mace.

It seems that Yoda is the sucker here afterall.

Mace pwns Sidious
Sidious pwns Yoda
And Anakin pwns Mace.
Dooku pwns Obi1
Yoda equals Dooku
Obi1 pwns Anakin ( The important one....)

So Anakin > Mace < Sidious > Yoda = Dooku > ObiWan. > Anakin

So Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan > Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan > Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan >Anakin > Mace > Sidious > 0.5(Yoda + Dooku) > ObiWan....

Georges paradox!

laughing out loud

This one we'll print, frame and send to Geroge. Excellent.

Rogue Jedi
and he will wipe his ass with it.

~JP~
laughing

truejedi
I dunno, i thought that Yoda>Dooku, not==. Dooku was screwed, that's why he ran off, "much to learn, you still have" sounds like the trash talk of a man who just won a duel, not one who is being equaled by Dooku.

queeq
I feel a formula change coming up.

Sesse
No. Yoda was just being a smartass.

"If so powerful you are, Why leave?"

Sidious still owned Yoda.

So Dookus runaway didn't really count.

queeq
Why not?

Rogue Jedi
if the Yoda/Dooku fight would have remained a saber duel, Yoda would have won.

queeq
But now we'll never know.

Rogue Jedi
its obvious, man.

Sesse
Nothing is obvious unless proven.

The only axiom in Star wars is that Jedi = Good. Sith = Bad.

Rogue Jedi
so, in your opinion, what would have happened had the duel remained a saber duel?

queeq
Dunno... Yoda had a disadvantage in taking care of OB1 and Anakin (some attachment eh!).

Rogue Jedi
taking care?

Nod
Yoda beats everyone.

How can it be in doubt??

Antaeus
This is the correct top list:
*Darth Vader (ep. 5) (he is the best - he could have taken Sidious out any time he wanted - but he was to busy finding Luke)
*Yoda
*Darth Sidious
*Luke (ep. 6)
*Anakin Skywalker (ep. 3, just before turned in to DV)
*Windu
*Dooku
*Obi-Wan

It is rubbish that Sidious won against Yoda (watch the fight again - it was a draw, but it is clear that Yoda was more powerful. The problem was that they fight at a place were Yoda had to win fast - Sidious was at his "home place" and could get a lot of help if Yoda didn't finish him off fast.

And yes - Yoda failed - He should have killed Sidious. But he did not loose the fight against Sidious - that is ridiculous.

- it was also a draw agains Dooku, but again - if one look closely I think he was more powerful).

Lucas could have done a better job here (telling us who is the best) - but then we would have nothing to discuss... smile

Rogue Jedi
the correct list? on whose authority?

fascistcrusader
That should be labeled the incorrect list. RotJ Luke should be at the bottom, and Sidious should be at the top. Then put ep 5 Vader under Sids and Yoda.

Rogue Jedi
mmm....matter of opinion.

Antaeus
the correct list? on whose authority?

Lucas made sure that it is impossible to make a list where we all will agree.

One have to watch the movies and then it is up to each person to make a power list.

"The correct list" was just to provoke others to make a list too. It is always exiting to see what other people think.

The list is of course my opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Antaeus
Lucas made sure that it is impossible to make a list where we all will agree.

One have to watch the movies and then it is up to each person to make a power list.

"The correct list" was just to provoke others to make a list too. It is always exiting to see what other people think.

The list is of course my opinion. so it is "the correct list" only in your mind, yes?

Antaeus
so it is "the correct list" only in your mind, yes?

This is my correct list - you probably got your correct list.

Lucas made sure that we never will agree of a correct list.

Got it wink

Rogue Jedi
yes, I got it. it's just that you referred it as the correct ist, as if you had decreed it so.

queeq
Correct list? WOOOOHAHAHAHAHA

Rogue Jedi
exactly....correct list indeed. wanker

queeq
There's no such thing.

Rogue Jedi
thats what I just said.

Antaeus
Originally posted by queeq
There's no such thing.

I do agree, but I got my correct list.

But I already did write that - you may have missed that stick out tongue

Gideon
For a second, I thought you were trying to be serious.

General G
Same with me, I was about to go on a huge rant and prove his entire list wrong! Good thing I read on first though...

Rogue Jedi
RANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General G
NO POINT!!!!!!

queeq
CLOSING!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.