mavel ares vs wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
Yes i know there was another fight similar to this but i have made some changes. The two fight in the woods of canada. ares has the black knights ebony sword, and wolverine's red muramasa blade.

lando005
thoughts

B.A
Originally posted by lando005
thoughts You have thoughts?

Since when?

lando005
Originally posted by B.A
You have thoughts?

Since when? your humor fails you

Wonder Man
This is a stand up fight. The kind the two of these guys live for...specially this may be Wolverines battle. What ever happened to our Wolvie nut around this house?
I coined a great phrase; One word: Adamantium. Oh...P.S. Hercules has a adamantium mace.

Gecko4lif
ares does some damage

srankmissingnin
In the woods it's possible for Wolverine to take out Ares with out ever having to get into a direct melee exchange. This fight is in Wolverine's sandbox and I can't see it playing out in Ares favour.

Wonder Man
Wolverine is made for direct confrontation...don't forget it. I know what your saying about his stealth capability though. Course in this fight Wolverine might come out with a thinner as*.

hamboy
Wolverine is a street leveler. Ares is top teir. 'Nuff said.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by hamboy
............actaully Logan a mid tier disgned to take out top tier..........so ya Logan wins

srankmissingnin

Ares is the type of character Wolverine was designed to beat. A melee brick with out flight or a significant ranged option. He'd take him in direct melee and he takes him even easier via stealth kill in this scenario.

lando005
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
In the woods it's possible for Wolverine to take out Ares with out ever having to get into a direct melee exchange. This fight is in Wolverine's sandbox and I can't see it playing out in Ares favour. Yes i think these two would have a great stand up brawl, so i decided to grant them both an advantage in this fight, while ares gains access to weapons that can get around logan's healing factor and kill him, the battle takes place on logan's home turf.. i think that works out quite nicely

Battlehammer
Yes i think these two would have a great stand up brawl, so i decided to grant them both an advantage in this fight, while ares gains access to weapons that can get around logan's healing factor and kill him, the battle takes place on logan's home turf.. i think that works out quite nicely

the ebony blade does not shut off logans healing factor.............wrong sword my friend.

lando005
Originally posted by Battlehammer
the ebony blade does not shut off logans healing factor.............wrong sword my friend. i know it doesn't i was refering to the muramasa which i gave him in this fight, the ebony blade was just added in there as a kicker

G-Mafia
I believe the ebony blade will cut through Wolverines' whole torso. It does not cut ALMOST anything. It's supposed to cut whatever it comes into contact with. Correct me if I'm wrong.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by G-Mafia
I believe the ebony blade will cut through Wolverines' whole torso. It does not cut ALMOST anything. It's supposed to cut whatever it comes into contact with. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong. Wolverine and Black Knight have tussled briefly before and his sword didn't cut through Wolverine's claws or even damage them in the slightest.

Wonder Man
I'm afarid that some people may have a higher opinion of the gods and their levels than they do of just man and his. The Beyonder didn't he chose Cap as his model. Anyhow...Wolverine is probably the deadliest creature in existence. Totally top level. My opinion but i guess i know comics. Sure he can be wiped out with a greater power but who besides me can't. Anyhow...i don't think this is such an easy call. Ares is something i fig. maybe something big. Give Wolvie top shape with fresh healing factor though and i bet there'd be some odds.
Here's Wolverine's parents...

Soljer

You're right. I believe the Ebony Blade would be capable of rending through adamantium.

However, Ares would have to do so before a faster, more skilled, and better armed opponent does similarly to him.

Mr. Slippyfist
You're wrong. Wolverine and Black Knight have tussled briefly before and his sword didn't cut through Wolverine's claws or even damage them in the slightest. That might have been because of Dane's strength. erm

Soljer
I guess I could be mistaken, but I thought the Ebony blade was magically enchanted to cut through any (non mystical) substance?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
That might have been because of Dane's strength. erm

It's a magical enchant, the strength of the user shouldn't change the fact that the blade was unable to cut through adamantium.

Mr. Slippyfist
It's a magical enchant, the strength of the user shouldn't change the fact that the blade was unable to cut through adamantium. So, all he'd have to do is touch admantium and it would cut it... if it could?

G-Mafia
Originally posted by Soljer
I guess I could be mistaken, but I thought the Ebony blade was magically enchanted to cut through any (non mystical) substance? This is almost the exact same thing I was thinking. But I thought it was enchanted by Merlin which would make it much higher on the magic scale.

hamboy
Wolverine IS street level. He is a healing factor with claws. Spiderman is higher than Wolvie, and he is generallly considered the top of street level. Superman, Thor Hulk ect. are top level. Everything in between is mid teir,and above top level is cosmic.

hamboy
Ah. my apologies. I had not read the teirs thread when i posted that. On other sites I go to, the opinion it diferent.

Wonder Man
Agreed that skill wise he is only enhanced but adamantium is top level.

lando005
You're right. I believe the Ebony Blade would be capable of rending through adamantium.

However, Ares would have to do so before a faster, more skilled, and better armed opponent does similarly to him. it may be a bit of a strech to say that wolverine is more skilled than ares wouldnt you say?

also ares has the muramasa, people seem to be leaving that part out

Wonder Man
Wolverine berserker can contain the Hulk...nuff said.

Soljer
it may be a bit of a strech to say that wolverine is more skilled than ares wouldnt you say?

also ares has the muramasa, people seem to be leaving that part out

Ares has the Ebony, and there is no chance Ares is as skilled as Wolverine.

G-Mafia
Yeah, I have seen Wolvie use quite a bit of skill from time to time. And all I've seen from Ares is rush em' and brawl. But doesn't being the "god of war" count for something? Besides taking an ass whipping.

Soljer
Yeah, I have seen Wolvie use quite a bit of skill from time to time. And all I've seen from Ares is rush em' and brawl. But doesn't being the "god of war" count for something? Besides taking an ass whipping.

It counts as a title, little more. Ares lacks any notable feats of skill.

lando005
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Wolverine berserker can contain the Hulk...nuff said. where does that say anything about the hulk?

lando005
Ares has the Ebony, and there is no chance Ares is as skilled as Wolverine. ares has the muramasa in this fight i gave him both.As for skill he's been training and fighting long before logan was born

Soljer
ares has the muramasa in this fight i gave him both.As for skill he's been training and fighting long before logan was born

Hm. I thought you meant "Wolverine has the red murasma blade." I must have misread the opening post, my apologies.

In this case, Ares' chances increase, but I still don't see him taking a majority.

Ares has the reach advantage, Wolverine has speed and skill. They have comparable damage output.

lando005
Hm. I thought you meant "Wolverine has the red murasma blade." I must have misread the opening post, my apologies.

In this case, Ares' chances increase, but I still don't see him taking a majority.

Ares has the reach advantage, Wolverine has speed and skill. They have comparable damage output. that's ok, I noticed in the last thread that people were pointing out the fact that wolverine would heal from anything ares would do to him so i thought the fight would be even if the hf was taken out of the loop.

G-Mafia
Oh! Ares has the ebony blade and the muramasa. One in each hand. I give this battle to Ares then. He is a weapons master and the reach advantage is a *****.

lando005
so we're all clear on this ares has the muramasa and the ebony blade

Red Shift
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Wolverine berserker can contain the Hulk...nuff said.

No.

Wolverine's lost so many times to the Hulk it's quasi-ridiculous.

srankmissingnin
Oh! Ares has the ebony blade and the muramasa. One in each hand. I give this battle to Ares then. He is a weapons master and the reach advantage is a *****.

The fight is in a forest. Wolverine is one of the stealthiest, if not the stealthiest, character on Marvel earth. There isn't going be any exchange of blows here, Wolverine is going to get the drop on him and sever his spine or something.

lando005
wouldnt say he's the steathiest either

Battlehammer
He dam up there. He snuck up on daredevil before amoung other extremely aware individuals. He pritty much never had trouble remaining unseen when he wishes. Hell shield were unable to locate him unless he wanted to be located or openly attacked an important figure.

landoo........dident you say you don't think wolverine is superior in skill to ares...........

lando005
He dam up there. He snuck up on daredevil before amoung other extremely aware individuals. He pritty much never had trouble remaining unseen when he wishes. Hell shield were unable to locate him unless he wanted to be located or openly attacked an important figure.

landoo........dident you say you don't think wolverine is superior in skill to ares........... not saying he's not stealthy just don't think he's the stealthiest, anyways yea i think it's arguable about the whole skill thing, he is one of the few people we can honestly say has more combat experience than him, he didn't get the title of god of war because it was just assigned to him he got it because of his exceptional skill in combat and strategic and tactical prowess. I know he hasn't shown much right now as far as a broad spectrum of fighting styles but i don't think that makes him any less skilled. He is highly proficient in combat a better statement would be that wolverine is more versatile in hand to hand combat due to the many different styles he has mastered.

Battlehammer
not saying he's not stealthy just don't think he's the stealthiest, anyways yea i think it's arguable about the whole skill thing, he is one of the few people we can honestly say has more combat experience than him, he didn't get the title of god of war because it was just assigned to him he got it because of his exceptional skill in combat and strategic and tactical prowess. I know he hasn't shown much right now as far as a broad spectrum of fighting styles but i don't think that makes him any less skilled. He is highly proficient in combat a better statement would be that wolverine is more versatile in hand to hand combat due to the many different styles he has mastered.
...........so you think it arguable skill wise, becuase ares is the god of war..........which is simply a title and mean absolutly nothing. laughing

your reasoning is really funny.

Sorry, but no one is saying ares is less skilled becauses of knowing less styles, if that was the case every one would say logan is more skilled then capt which is not the case. Though knowing a lot of styles does not hurt, it not the deciding factor on your level of skill. And no one here is basing amount of styles = skill level.

It the fact ares has little to know skill feats and the ones he has does not put him even beyond hercules. herc and ares are 3rd tier nothing more. The best ares could hope for ever would be 2nd tier and that be based off of nothing more then he stupid title. Sorry being the god of war does not mean you are a top tier fighter, it means your enjoy and envoke fighting.

sorry, but you have no good reason to believe ares is at Logans kill level. he has shown nothing that would even suggest he a top tier MA fighter.

lando005
...........so you think it arguable skill wise, becuase ares is the god of war..........which is simply a title and mean absolutly nothing. laughing

your reasoning is really funny.

Sorry, but no one is saying ares is less skilled becauses of knowing less styles, if that was the case every one would say logan is more skilled then capt which is not the case. Though knowing a lot of styles does not hurt, it not the deciding factor on your level of skill. And no one here is basing amount of styles = skill level.

It the fact ares has little to know skill feats and the ones he has does not put him even beyond hercules. herc and ares are 3rd tier nothing more. The best ares could hope for ever would be 2nd tier and that be based off of nothing more then he stupid title. Sorry being the god of war does not mean you are a top tier fighter, it means your enjoy and envoke fighting.

sorry, but you have no good reason to believe ares is at Logans kill level. he has shown nothing that would even suggest he a top tier MA fighter. they are given their titles for a particular reason, IE loki is the trickster god because he was extremely mischievous during his (somewhat) younger days, thor is the god of thunder and weather because that's what he manipulates, ares is the god of war because he was most dedicated to the art of fighting, so yes in that sense the title does mean something, and no i wasn't saying people were under estimating him because he knew fewer styles as you can know many styles yet it makes no difference if your not proficient at it. I was saying this because i felt some people had the misconception that more styles known = better skilled, my reasoning is that wolverine is someone with centuries of experience while ares is someone with millennias of experience. He's been doing this a lot longer than logan

endrict
Wolverine is a street leveler.

Please try reading Wolverine comics.

SuperiorTech
they are given their titles for a particular reason, IE loki is the trickster god because he was extremely mischievous during his (somewhat) younger days, thor is the god of thunder and weather because that's what he manipulates, ares is the god of war because he was most dedicated to the art of fighting, so yes in that sense the title does mean something, and no i wasn't saying people were under estimating him because he knew fewer styles as you can know many styles yet it makes no difference if your not proficient at it. I was saying this because i felt some people had the misconception that more styles known = better skilled, my reasoning is that wolverine is someone with centuries of experience while ares is someone with millennias of experience. He's been doing this a lot longer than logan

Yeah but look what loki has done on panel he backs up the title compare what ares has done on panel compared to wolverine.We can only go by feats not by hype.

lando005
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Yeah but look what loki has done on panel he backs up the title compare what ares has done on panel compared to wolverine.We can only go by feats not by hype. yes you have a point, just stating that there is a reason why he is called the god of war

lando005
to keep this fight from becoming a game of hide and seek, they will start off 5 feet from each other

Alfheim
He dam up there. He snuck up on daredevil before amoung other extremely aware individuals.

When? That had to be due to mainly speed, hell im sure DD could st least smell him.

He pritty much never had trouble remaining unseen when he wishes. Hell shield were unable to locate him unless he wanted to be located or openly attacked an important figure.

Wow shield couldnt find him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jrodslam
Originally posted by Alfheim
When? That had to be due to mainly speed, hell im sure DD could st least smell him.

If im not mistaken, Battlehammer is referring to The Wolverine "Enemy of the State" arc where Wolvie and the Hand snuck up on DD while he was sleeping.

Alfheim
Originally posted by jrodslam
If im not mistaken, Battlehammer is referring to The Wolverine "Enemy of the State" arc where Wolvie and the Hand snuck up on DD while he was sleeping. laughing

lando005
anyways back to the fight

jrodslam
Wolvie wins imo. Ares doesnt have the strength to put Logan down. Not even briefly me thinks. Wolvie on the other hand, can down Ares for a longer duration much easier. One thing for sure is each one would be coming back for more, but the difference is that with one good stab, Ares would be downed for much longer.

srankmissingnin
to keep this fight from becoming a game of hide and seek, they will start off 5 feet from each other

Wolverine could still "ninja vanish" if he wanted to, he did it to Nightcrawler in a similar scenario.

lando005
Wolvie wins imo. Ares doesnt have the strength to put Logan down. Not even briefly me thinks. Wolvie on the other hand, can down Ares for a longer duration much easier. One thing for sure is each one would be coming back for more, but the difference is that with one good stab, Ares would be downed for much longer. i think ares could put a hurting on logan with the weapons he's been equiped with for this match

lando005
Wolverine could still "ninja vanish" if he wanted to, he did it to Nightcrawler in a similar scenario. ninja vanishing would make this kind of pointless i want this to be a straight up brawl the type of gratuitus sensless violence we all know and love

redhotrash
Ares, and without much trouble honestly. He is upper tier in strength and has a pair of swords, one of which was MADE to kill Wolverine. Even without it, Ares is supposed to have a top notch healing factor of his own. I would, at the very least, put Ares on par with Hercules as far as fighting ability goes. It might be a bit under Wolverine, but his other advantages make up for it.

Battlehammer
they are given their titles for a particular reason, IE loki is the trickster god because he was extremely mischievous during his (somewhat) younger days, thor is the god of thunder and weather because that's what he manipulates, ares is the god of war because he was most dedicated to the art of fighting, so yes in that sense the title does mean something, and no i wasn't saying people were under estimating him because he knew fewer styles as you can know many styles yet it makes no difference if your not proficient at it. I was saying this because i felt some people had the misconception that more styles known = better skilled, my reasoning is that wolverine is someone with centuries of experience while ares is someone with millennias of experience. He's been doing this a lot longer than logan

and yet he shows not sign of skill beyond that of a low end 2nd tier.

all you have to go by is little............which is rather sad. Logan is stated as the best there is at fighter.............so if were going by titles...........Logan still would be his superior.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Alfheim

Wow shield couldnt find him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

enemy of the state.

when your there number one target.........thats dam impressive. as is sneaking into the baxter biulding amoung others

Battlehammer
If im not mistaken, Battlehammer is referring to The Wolverine "Enemy of the State" arc where Wolvie and the Hand snuck up on DD while he was sleeping.

actaully DD heard the hand ninjas lol.

lando005
and yet he shows not sign of skill beyond that of a low end 2nd tier.

all you have to go by is little............which is rather sad. Logan is stated as the best there is at fighter.............so if were going by titles...........Logan still would be his superior. i'm not going by title alone but i'm also saying that he was given that title for a very good reason. He wasnt named god of war for nothing, I'm not saying anything more than do not underestimate him as far as skill goes. I always have a bit of doubt about a character that they may pull off something unexpected. YOu can never be 100% sure about a given situation. As for logan and his best there is catch phrase, that's mostly self imposed amd dosen't carry much weight.

lando005
enemy of the state.

when your there number one target.........thats dam impressive. as is sneaking into the baxter biulding amoung others wasnt he also teleporting around at that point?

Battlehammer
wasnt he also teleporting around at that point?

type of body slide which was not used in either event untill he made his presences known

lando005
type of body slide which was not used in either event untill he made his presences known body slide... the hell is that?

Battlehammer
i'm not going by title alone but i'm also saying that he was given that title for a very good reason. He wasnt named god of war for nothing, I'm not saying anything more than do not underestimate him as far as skill goes. I always have a bit of doubt about a character that they may pull off something unexpected. YOu can never be 100% sure about a given situation. As for logan and his best there is catch phrase, that's mostly self imposed amd dosen't carry much weight.

..........actaully he been mention by countless individuals as beign the best there is............

to ignore one title, but allow another is just bias.

also again what has ares done that puts him remotly close to Logans skill class? Nothing.

He no were near the fighter and it a fact. not amount of some crappy title changes that.

also beeing a god of war means war fare, but fighting skill. Sorry but ares is lucky if he herc level.

Battlehammer
body slide... the hell is that?

teleporting, but not from ones on power. It machine powered which other have to intiate. it quite useless in a fight.

lando005
..........actaully he been mention by countless individuals as beign the best there is............

to ignore one title, but allow another is just bias.

also again what has ares done that puts him remotly close to Logans skill class? Nothing.

He no were near the fighter and it a fact. not amount of some crappy title changes that.

also beeing a god of war means war fare, but fighting skill. Sorry but ares is lucky if he herc level. he's the god of war but knows nothing of combat is that what your saying? He's also been around longer than wolverine but is less proficent is that what your saying?

Allow me to be a bit more clear on my point, as far as versitility of style yes wolverine is more skilled, but profecincey wise ares would be on par with him maybe better i'm not sure

lando005
teleporting, but not from ones on power. It machine powered which other have to intiate. it quite useless in a fight. then it's teleportation not a body slide, a body slide would be kinda like what was used in the chronicals of riddick no?

Battlehammer
he's the god of war but knows nothing of combat is that what your saying?
Know what im saying is he not nearly as skilled as logan..........

He's also been around longer than wolverine but is less proficent is that what your saying?
yes thats what im saying. he not as skilled a fighter.

Allow me to be a bit more clear on my point, as far as versitility of style yes wolverine is more skilled, but profecincey wise ares would be on par with him maybe better i'm not sure

He not though. he not as skilled. He not as good at fighter period.

If you stripped both there powers ares would get stomped all over the dam place.

ares is not as good a fighter. ll you have is your bias that thinks other wise, but on pannel evidence does not agree with you

Battlehammer
then it's teleportation not a body slide, a body slide would be kinda like what was used in the chronicals of riddick no?

no it be more like what cable does which is called a body slide.

lando005
Know what im saying is he not nearly as skilled as logan..........

yes thats what im saying. he not as skilled a fighter.

He not though. he not as skilled. He not as good at fighter period.

If you stripped both there powers ares would get stomped all over the dam place.

ares is not as good a fighter. ll you have is your bias that thinks other wise, but on pannel evidence does not agree with you bias toward what? i am by no means an ares fan, i'm only clearifing to you the you should not concider his skill a non factor in the equation. You talk as if he has no skill at all, where in that just is not true it cant be taking in to count who he is. His profecincey in his particular style should be taken into account

lando005
no it be more like what cable does which is called a body slide. but then all that is is remote teleportation, that's not much of a body slide, what the hell was that move in the movie then

Battlehammer
bias toward what? i am by no means an ares fan, i'm only clearifing to you the you should not concider his skill a non factor in the equation. You talk as if he has no skill at all, where in that just is not true it cant be taking in to count who he is. His profecincey in his particular style should be taken into account

It does not matter becuase his opponet is far more skilled.

It not even up to debate. Logan has the feats that just put him on a whole nother level then ares.

ares got jack shit for feats of skill when you compare him to logan.

Battlehammer
but then all that is is remote teleportation, that's not much of a body slide, what the hell was that move in the movie then
........body slide is a remote teleportation.........

what movie are you talking about.

lando005
........body slide is a remote teleportation.........

what movie are you talking about. the chronical or riddick the main antagonist moved around by what could only be defined as something like a "body slide" but it was not remote teleportation

Battlehammer
the chronical or riddick the main antagonist moved around by what could only be defined as something like a "body slide" but it was not remote teleportation

............yes, but in comics cable teleport system is called a body slide......and were talking about comics here.

lando005
............yes, but in comics cable teleport system is called a body slide......and were talking about comics here. it's just when i think of a body slide that's what i think of, it does seem to match the title more but whatever

lando005
enough with the side talk back to the fight

Battlehammer
Logan wins either way.

He more skilled. He will get the first attack off for the win

Or Logan could simply ambush ares.

B.A
I see Wolverine winning this.

His claws can pierce him, hes faster, take the shots Ares gives.

Yeah he wins.

B.A
............actaully Logan a mid tier disgned to take out top tier..........so ya Logan wins Logan mid tier? laughing out loud

Hes low tier with some high tier attributes. He can beat some high tiers for one reason alone.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by B.A
Logan mid tier? laughing out loud

Hes low tier with some high tier attributes. He can beat some high tiers for one reason alone.
.........actaully he mid tier just on the low end of the spectrum.............go view the thread.

Low tier would be street level which he beyond.

actaully he can beat high tier characters due to a combination of reasons.

B.A
Speed which many people are above and claws.

Ares is mid. No way is he top tier. They are like Superman and Captain Marvel which Wolverine has nothing on.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by B.A
Speed which many people are above and claws.

Ares is mid. No way is he top tier. They are like Superman and Captain Marvel which Wolverine has nothing on.
and fighting skill and healing factor............

when I say top tier I mean people with a lot of strength.............which was pritty obvous from my statement.

B.A
Fighting skill? So what. Hardly a reason to put him at mid tier. Especially seeing as he hardly ever uses it.

I didn't argue with the healing factor or make a point about it because its obvious. Its ****ing insane.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by B.A
Fighting skill? So what. Hardly a reason to put him at mid tier. Especially seeing as he hardly ever uses it.

I didn't argue with the healing factor or make a point about it because its obvious. Its ****ing insane.
........I dident say fighting skill made him mid tier.......I said it one of the factors that helps him verse high level opponets..........

he is mid tier according to the boards. which I agree with. he simply beyond street levels. I mean capt the top of the street level chain and Logan simply capt plus extra abilties.

lando005
i don't think ares is going down with one hit, he's got some good endurance on him

B.A
........I dident say fighting skill made him mid tier.......I said it one of the factors that helps him verse high level opponets..........

he is mid tier according to the boards. which I agree with. he simply beyond street levels. I mean capt the top of the street level chain and Logan simply capt plus extra abilties. When you said mid tier I wasn't using the tier thread aspect of it.

But yeah he is mid tier that way.

Battlehammer
i don't think ares is going down with one hit, he's got some good endurance on him

Logans more likly to take a hit and keep comming then ares is.

also Logan is an exspert with the weapon ares is comming at him with and has trained to over come it advantages of reach

redhotrash
Ares only needs to connect with him once with that sword..

Battlehammer
...........Logan only needs to connet onces with his claws........

B.A
Originally posted by redhotrash
Ares only needs to connect with him once with that sword.. Wrong.

Soljer
Ares only needs to connect with him once with that sword..

Unless it can suddenly cut through adamantium, I feel confident that it would take at least two hits to take out Wolverine.

Likewise, I don't see Ares giving up after only a single hit.

However, Logan is the faster and more skilled fighter. Seems to be in his favor.

B.A
Seriously what can blades do to Wolverine?

Soljer
Originally posted by B.A
Seriously what can blades do to Wolverine?

The muramasa blade negates his healing factor.

lando005

Logans more likly to take a hit and keep comming then ares is.

also Logan is an exspert with the weapon ares is comming at him with and has trained to over come it advantages of reach neither one of these guys will be dropped after one hit dispite logan's claws they wont do enough critical damage to a god in one blow, maybe and just maybe if he impaled him in the brain, but even for wolverine the odds of him scoring a clean hit like that are low

Battlehammer
neither one of these guys will be dropped after one hit dispite logan's claws they wont do enough critical damage to a god in one blow, maybe and just maybe if he impaled him in the brain, but even for wolverine the odds of him scoring a clean hit like that are low

If logan stabb him in the brain ares would die.

Logan stabbs ares in the heart ares dies.

If Logan hits a vital area ares is dead.

Three foot long claws is a shit load of damage.

Even if he does nto hit ares in a vital area the fights all, but over.

lando005

Even if he does nto hit ares in a vital area the fights all, but over. maybe if ares's body was as weak as ours yes but a godly body is far far stronger than that and we have seen displays of such a body taking critical damage and then continuing to operate it's not like wolverine will hit him once and he dies, give him a bit more credit than that

B.A
The muramasa blade negates his healing factor. I was just referring to Ares standard Axe and Wolverines claws.

Battlehammer
maybe if ares's body was as weak as ours yes but a godly body is far far stronger than that and we have seen displays of such a body taking critical damage and then continuing to operate it's not like wolverine will hit him once and he dies, give him a bit more credit than that
sorry,but no. His body being stronger means shit when Logans claws by bass his durability.

you play up ares far to much.

Logan can kill him in a hit its a fact. he might not, but he can. It take 1-3 attacks. Likly only 2 though.

Master-Borg
sorry,but no. His body being stronger means shit when Logans claws by bass his durability.

Logan can kill him in a hit its a fact. he might not, but he can. It take 1-3 attacks. Likly only 2 though.

ares can also kill Logan in a hit as well.

B.A
If he has no HF.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Master-Borg
ares can also kill Logan in a hit as well.
if he hits him in a vital spot yes.

but then again he fighting an opponet who a good deal more skilled. Has lot of expereince with the weapon he facing and is faster.

Soljer

Even if he does nto hit ares in a vital area the fights all, but over.

If Ares stabs Wolverine in the heart or a major artery, he would also die....

lando005

Logan can kill him in a hit its a fact. he might not, but he can. It take 1-3 attacks. Likly only 2 though. and you play up wolverine a lot, not saying wolveine cant kill him just no as easily as you think, you tend to write off a lot of opponents as beaten by logan when the fight simply wont play out quite as easily in his favor. You have good solid points i just dont feel it will be that easy.

lando005
Originally posted by B.A
I was just referring to Ares standard Axe and Wolverines claws. what does that have to do with anything?

lando005
can the ebony blade cut adamantium?

Battlehammer
and you play up wolverine a lot, not saying wolveine cant kill him just no as easily as you think, you tend to write off a lot of opponents as beaten by logan when the fight simply wont play out quite as easily in his favor. You have good solid points i just dont feel it will be that easy.

I may play up logan some times, but right now not at all.

does not matter how easy it will be. Logan still takes the majority 8/10 maybe more due to the fact most of the wins could be via stealth.

Battlehammer
If Ares stabs Wolverine in the heart or a major artery, he would also die....

ya......I know........actaully if you look above your post I state this.......lol

Battlehammer
can the ebony blade cut adamantium?
no it can't .

Master-Borg
most of the wins could be via stealth.

??? confused

Battlehammer
??? confused
The land scape is the woods

Master-Borg
The land scape is the woods

doesn't ares have superhuman senses...given that he's a demigod and all?

Battlehammer
not that I know of and he has no feats to suggest he can detect logan when others have failed

Master-Borg
not that I know of and he has no feats to suggest he can detect logan when others have failed The OP didn't state how far they are apart...so you have to assume they start the battle within visible distance of each other

Battlehammer
actaully you assume they start the standard 30 to 59 feet away........

Not to mention even if they could see each Logan could make him self vanish effortlessly.

Master-Borg
actaully you assume they start the standard 30 to 59 feet away........

Not to mention even if they could see each Logan could make him self vanish effortlessly.

granted that's true, it would be completely out of character for Logan to hide and use stealth attack.

more likely, he'd engage in honorable melee combat against Ares.

Battlehammer
granted that's true, it would be completely out of character for Logan to hide and use stealth attack.

more likely, he'd engage in honorable melee combat against Ares.

actaully to rather depends. If there in a clearing yes he do that, but if there able to see one another on barly to beggin with logan would likly go into the bushes and use stealth.

Master-Borg
actaully to rather depends. If there in a clearing yes he do that, but if there able to see one another on barly to beggin with logan would likly go into the bushes and use stealth.

when has Logan ever, when faced against an enemy one on one, decided to run and hide and then surprise attack?

Battlehammer
when has Logan ever, when faced against an enemy one on one, decided to run and hide and then surprise attack?

you miss under stouldy me. If Logan and ares can abrly see one another Logan would fanish into the trees and simply take him out using stealth.

actaully Logan did a similar then to Nuke.

lando005
i already made and adjustment regarding this they start off 5 feet from each other, and this fight will be straight up combat with no stealth, i want some blood and gore here

Master-Borg
you miss under stouldy me. If Logan and ares can abrly see one another Logan would fanish into the trees and simply take him out using stealth.

actaully Logan did a similar then to Nuke.

so you're ASSUMING they can barely see each other?

unless stated otherwise, we should assume the combatants in a fight can CLEARLY see each other at the start of a battle

Master-Borg
i already made and adjustment regarding this they start off 5 feet from each other, and this fight will be straight up combat with no stealth, i want some blood and gore here

there goes your stealth argument, Battlehammer

Battlehammer
then why bother with the woods..........

Logan wins

faster. more skilled, has a great deal of experience facing and using the weapon his enemy has.

Battlehammer
there goes your stealth argument, Battlehammer

does not matter logan takes this fight reguardless.

lando005
I may play up logan some times

some times? in all the time i've known you i only seen you not back him once, but it's cool you've got your reasons

lando005
then why bother with the woods..........

Logan wins

faster. more skilled, has a great deal of experience facing and using the weapon his enemy has. it's still home field advantage that would play in woverine's favor it's not like they are gonna stand in the same spot the whole time, he can still do things like climb up a tree to get above ares and jump at him

Battlehammer
some times? in all the time i've known you i only seen you not back him once, but it's cool you've got your reasons
..........playing some one up and backing them up is very different.

I abck him up when I know he wins. Other wise I don't

lando005
..........playing some one up and backing them up is very different.

I abck him up when I know he wins. Other wise I don't not when backing him against people where his odds of wining are less than favorable

Battlehammer
........but there no less then favorable. His odd in this match are extremely good.......please name a match were I back Logan in which he odds were nto favorable?

lando005
non jobbing electro, juggernaut (although i may be worng on this one that match may have had him as depowered)

Battlehammer
electro...........due to cis.......which many people agreed with me.......

juggernaut depower.........and logan would beat him.

........those are two shitty examples lol

lando005
electro...........due to cis.......which many people agreed with me.......

juggernaut depower.........and logan would beat him.

........those are two shitty examples lol one person agreed with you i dont see a many part with that, as for the juggs thing i wasnt sure about that one and it's a bit of a streach to say he would win

lando005
no it can't . scans?

Battlehammer
scans?
to what?

Battlehammer
one person agreed with you i dont see a many part with that, as for the juggs thing i wasnt sure about that one and it's a bit of a streach to say he would win
only u and one person disagreed with me....and my arguement was over cis and how it should be apllied.

how it a stretch? make the if you think so. De power jugg was a brick who slow and suchs at fighting with no healing factor.

Logan clearly wins that

lando005
only u and one person disagreed with me....and my arguement was over cis and how it should be apllied.

how it a stretch? make the if you think so. De power jugg was a brick who slow and suchs at fighting with no healing factor.

Logan clearly wins that there were more than two of us, and was was to keep juggs form bfr logan with a good hi? sure he would dodge but he would eventually get tagged

lando005
to what? of the blad not cutting addy

Battlehammer
of the blad not cutting addy
don't have a scanner......it was in the avenegrs x-men cross over. Black Night and wolverine fought blade on blade.

Battlehammer
there were more than two of us, and was was to keep juggs form bfr logan with a good hi? sure he would dodge but he would eventually get tagged

not really.........and there was more then a single person agreeing with me.

and given cis it was not rediclous to think logan could win in the least.

.........that hardly ever happens..........and when it does it nothing beyond Logans ability to simply get up and walk back........also One stabb can killed juggernaut.........

lando005
don't have a scanner......it was in the avenegrs x-men cross over. Black Night and wolverine fought blade on blade. great now i have to go out and find it damn you for making me do work

lando005
not really.........and there was more then a single person agreeing with me.

and given cis it was not rediclous to think logan could win in the least.

.........that hardly ever happens..........and when it does it nothing beyond Logans ability to simply get up and walk back........also One stabb can killed juggernaut......... just like ares juggs wouldnt go down from any one stab unless it was a clean head shot, and never the less if he knoced him into another area that's still a ring out the match would be over by then other wise bfr would be pointless because every individual who would be bfr would eventually get back. if he's removed from the fight he's removed from the fight

redhotrash
Originally posted by B.A
Wrong.

What do you mean wrong? The sword was created for the purpose of killing Logan. If Wolverine can be cut be a namless Hand ninja, I think Ares can do the same. The guy is also like class 100 strength and supposedly cant die.

Battlehammer
just like ares juggs wouldnt go down from any one stab unless it was a clean head shot, and never the less if he knoced him into another area that's still a ring out the match would be over by then other wise bfr would be pointless because every individual who would be bfr would eventually get back. if he's removed from the fight he's removed from the fight
first off Logan could stabb juggernaut many times before he ever got hit.

second again the majority of the time they don't get sent.

3rd when they get sent it liek 10 feet.

4th even if he got sent far..........He can walk back

there no ring out. It clearly stated in the rules that as long as they can get back with in there own ability which logan can.

lando005
first off Logan could stabb juggernaut many times before he ever got hit.

second again the majority of the time they don't get sent.

3rd when they get sent it liek 10 feet.

4th even if he got sent far..........He can walk back

there no ring out. It clearly stated in the rules that as long as they can get back with in there own ability which logan can. i'm not doubting logan would cut his ass up but a killer blow on his first strike... not likely, majority of the time they dont hit with all they got, and when they do the go waaay father than 10 ft. the wwh/xmen cross over was a good example, and lastly by your definition every time someone is bfr in battle here is invalid because the can all get back. If they are removed from battle the match is over, unless you think the other fighter will just sit around and wait for the other person to get back. people like juggs and hulk dont knock guys like wolerine to the next state and wait for him to get back to continue fighting, they go about their buisness.

Battlehammer

lando005

redhotrash
People seem to be ignoring the Olympian healing abilities. Unless Im mistaken, their bodies need to be destroyed and their essence dispersed before they die. The Mighty Avengers writing team obviously arent sure how to handle him, so dont use that as your sole judgement. And to say Ares is a novice with a sword would be unfair.

Alfheim
People seem to be ignoring the Olympian healing abilities. Unless Im mistaken, their bodies need to be destroyed and their essence dispersed before they die. The Mighty Avengers writing team obviously arent sure how to handle him, so dont use that as your sole judgement. And to say Ares is a novice with a sword would be unfair.

I was always under the impression that all Olympians had Wolverine like healing abilities.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/ares.htm

Like all Olympian, Ares is immortal, possessing a life essence that cannot be ended by any conventional means. He can be wounded in battle, but his godly life force gives him incredible recuperative abilities. He can fully recover from penetration wounds (such as by knife, sword, or bullet) in anywhere from minutes to hours, depending on their severity. Only an injury of such magnitude that it incinerates him or disperses a major portion of his bodily molecules could cause him physical death. Even then, his life essence may still be unharmed, and Zeus may be able to resurrect him.

B.A
That gives Hercules the win then.

I don't see how anyone can see otherwise. I mean they're only weapon means shit all.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>