Thanos vs Orion - Fisticuffs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Slippyfist
No prep. No mother box, no blasts, no stand up whatever he hell it is machine. Break the rules, and I will kill you... stick out tongue
no expression

This is a purely h2h match. They do get their natural speed, durability, agility, and fighting skills though.

They fight in Rhode Island. Think Peter vs the Chicken, it can go wherever it goes.

One with amping on Thanos's behalf, one without (whatever the dickens amping is anyway).

Who wins?

Mr.Biscuits
Thanos via leg drop.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Is thanos amping?

Val
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Thanos via leg drop.
Stunner > Leg Drop

Mr.Biscuits
Originally posted by Val
Stunner > Leg Drop
Thanos is old school.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Mr.Biscuits
Thanos is old school.

Orion is older.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Is thanos amping? Fixed. smile

Mr.Biscuits
Orion is older.
And?
The Leg drop is like what? The 80's?

no expression

TricksterPriest
For the record, Orion can amp as well. Maybe not as high as Thanos, but he can amp.

And I have no comment on who wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
For the record, Orion can amp as well. Maybe not as high as Thanos, but he can amp.

And I have no comment on who wins. You know Thanos is above Orion,Superman,and Darkseid in a brawl. Thanos wins this with ease.

quanchi112
Orion is older. And intellectually quite inferior to Thanos. Thanos has punked the elders before and Grandmaster makes Orion look like a2nd grader when it comes to intelligence.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
You know Thanos is above Orion,Superman,and Darkseid in a brawl. Thanos wins this with ease.

Show me Thanos handling Someone on thier lvl in a brawl with out amping. Or tell me of the issue and I'll find it myself.

Red Shift

And I have no comment on who wins.

Funny, considering you feel Orion can beat stacked teams of Marvel characters with ease.

quanchi112
Show me Thanos handling Someone on thier lvl in a brawl with out amping. Or tell me of the issue and I'll find it myself. Uhm show me Thanos losing in a brawl. Orion always has that damn mother box wit him becuz he needs it to badly to heal his pussy wounds. Thanos wins with ease he doesnt stalemate top tiers like Orion seems to do against Superman. Thanos laughs at top tiers. big grin

G-Mafia
Battle of attrition right here. Thanos outlasts him for the K.O. It should not take "that long" either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Shift
Funny, considering you feel Orion can beat stacked teams of Marvel characters with ease. Trickster favors dc. It doesnt take long to figure it out. For anyone to even hesitate on this matter makes me chuckle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Uhm show me Thanos losing in a brawl. Orion always has that damn mother box wit him becuz he needs it to badly to heal his pussy wounds. Thanos wins with ease he doesnt stalemate top tiers like Orion seems to do against Superman. Thanos laughs at top tiers. big grin

when it comes to strength, Superman is clearly above the "top tiers". Why he is even in the same catagory with them when he was top tier years ago and has since grown more powerful is retarded.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by G-Mafia
Battle of attrition right here. Thanos outlasts him for the K.O. It should not take "that long" either.

Orion fought DS for weeks on end.

quanchi112
when it comes to strength, Superman is clearly above the "top tiers". Why he is even in the same catagory with them when he was top tier years ago and has since grown more powerful is retarded. He isnt above Orion and stil cant beat him. He has grown in power enough to physically crush Darkseid but not Orion.

Thanos laughs at top tiers. Its a shame becuz Ds used to but now he needs shadows and the ale to help him out of a bind.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He isnt above Orion and stil cant beat him. He has grown in power enough to physically crush Darkseid but not Orion.

Thanos laughs at top tiers. Its a shame becuz Ds used to but now he needs shadows and the ale to help him out of a bind.
Your opinion of DS actually has no relevance in this thread. Stay on course.

quanchi112
Your opinion of DS actually has no relevance in this thread. Stay on course. Thanos crushes Orion. This isnt even up for discussion.

Soljer
Thanos, quite easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Soljer
Thanos, quite easily. How were the holidays soljer?

Im about to go back to herochat and see what old Im living in denial Xerses has to say about Superman Prime today.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos crushes Orion. This isnt even up for discussion. Well I dont' think Thanos can beat superman easily in hand to hand. And since Orion is a better fighter than superman, I don't see Thanos doing it easily either. I hasn't seen much proof that Thanos is THAT strong. Only that he is THAT durable.

G-Mafia
Orion fought DS for weeks on end. Once, I would have said that was truly astounding. Now... just fifteen minutes with Thanos will feel like weeks with Darkseid. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

tkitna
Being durable sure helps in a slugfest. Thanos would win.

quanchi112
Well I dont' think Thanos can beat superman easily in hand to hand. And since Orion is a better fighter than superman, I don't see Thanos doing it easily either. I hasn't seen much proof that Thanos is THAT strong. Only that he is THAT durable. Uhm Orion cant seem to beat Superman. Thanos beats on Thor and doesnt even view him as challenge really. Thor could beat Supers and Orion and they are in the same league. Doesnt matter which one you think is more powerful out of these three Thanos is looking down at all of them.

quanchi112
Once, I would have said that was truly astounding. Now... just fifteen minutes with Thanos will feel like weeks with Darkseid. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Yes Darkseid fighting Orion makes Ds look bad but nver doesnt even realize it. Thanos wouldnt ned a week to put someone down like Orion. hed do it quick and be about more serious business than an afternoon brawl with Orion.

Val
Quan/Nvr pissfest. I didn't see this coming...

Magee
When are they gonna get to the but sex, you can feel the sexual tension.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Magee
When are they gonna get to the but sex, you can feel the sexual tension. sick What the hell is wrong with you man?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Once, I would have said that was truly astounding. Now... just fifteen minutes with Thanos will feel like weeks with Darkseid. Oh how the mighty have fallen!

When Anyone Thanos has fought has the strength feats of Superman, let me know. Till then, Superman is as strong as Thanos. Superman=DS=Orion in strength.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Magee
When are they gonna get to the but sex, you can feel the sexual tension.

I'd rather shove a diamond drill up my ass.

Priest
Originally posted by Soljer
Thanos, quite easily.

Red Shift
When Anyone Thanos has fought has the strength feats of Superman, let me know. Till then, Superman is as strong as Thanos. Superman=DS=Orion in strength.

Hahhaa.

Is this where I smash your faulty notion that Thanos isn't massively beyond the conventional top tier?

Allankles
Thanos' greater durability wins him the contest, but a pure slugfest with a guy like Orion is never going to be easy.

Orion has incredible stamina and is as skilled as Thanos (if not more so) in h2h. Thanos wins, but not easily.

Just because Thor and his ilk have been beaten by Thanos' power, doesn't mean Thanos has it easy with Orion in this scenario.

As far as Thanos strength goes, there's no evidence he's that far above Orion in strength.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Allankles
Thanos' greater durability wins him the contest, but a pure slugfest with a guy like Orion is never going to be easy.

Orion has incredible stamina and is as skilled as Thanos (if not more so) in h2h. Thanos wins, but not easily.

Just because Thor and his ilk have been beaten by Thanos' power, doesn't mean Thanos has it easy with Orion in this scenario.

As far as Thanos strength goes, there's no evidence he's that far above Orion in strength. Very good points. smile

quanchi112
When Anyone Thanos has fought has the strength feats of Superman, let me know. Till then, Superman is as strong as Thanos. Superman=DS=Orion in strength. Thanos was beating down Thor and the thing at the same time when Thanos was at his weakest. Thanos is above these guys its proven through his character history. He takes on characters like Odin and Tyrant while Ds is running from top tiers still.

quanchi112
I'd rather shove a diamond drill up my ass. sick

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles

As far as Thanos strength goes, there's no evidence he's that far above Orion in strength. Thanos wins it ten outta ten times. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos was beating down Thor and the thing at the same time when Thanos was at his weakest. Thanos is above these guys its proven through his character history. He takes on characters like Odin and Tyrant while Ds is running from top tiers still.

Thanos Was getting his ass kicked by Odin. And Thanos had an orb of power in his fight with Tyrant. And DS isn't in this thread. So your attempt at flaming and trolling is retarded given this is Orion and Thanos.

quanchi112
Thanos Was getting his ass kicked by Odin. And Thanos had an orb of power in his fight with Tyrant. And DS isn't in this thread. So your attempt at flaming and trolling is retarded given this is Orion and Thanos. The point is Orion can go back and forth with Ds but cant get the better of Superman. Thanos handles badasses like Tyrant and Odin who have onehshotted top tiers with ease. Im telling you hes in another level than all three. Ds,Superman,and Orion all have good battles while Thanos would smite any of these characters. Top tiers dont beat him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The point is Orion can go back and forth with Ds but cant get the better of Superman. Thanos handles badasses like Tyrant and Odin who have onehshotted top tiers with ease. Im telling you hes in another level than all three. Ds,Superman,and Orion all have good battles while Thanos would smite any of these characters. Top tiers dont beat him.

Flawed Logic. Odin is only class 70 himself. And Taking shots doesn't mean one is powerful. Classic juggs could take shots from Odin and is no where near as powerful. You equate physical durabilty and prep and items of power with someone's powerlvl. And I have stated many times, Superman was top tier, years ago. So if he grows in power, how then, can he still be top tier?

quanchi112
Flawed Logic. Odin is only class 70 himself. And Taking shots doesn't mean one is powerful. Classic juggs could take shots from Odin and is no where near as powerful. You equate physical durabilty and prep and items of power with someone's powerlvl. And I have stated many times, Superman was top tier, years ago. So if he grows in power, how then, can he still be top tier? Where is it stated that Superman has grwon in power? I think he has done more powerful feats in the last 6 or 7 years but it hasnt been stated hes more powerful than he used to be.

He stalemated Orion in his classic story and has since stalemated him recently. He isnt above top tier. He got waxed by Cyborg and was defeated by shadow demons rather easily.

cmack
orions wins

Hazsekswthurmom
Where is it stated that Superman has grwon in power? I think he has done more powerful feats in the last 6 or 7 years but it hasnt been stated hes more powerful than he used to be.

He stalemated Orion in his classic story and has since stalemated him recently. He isnt above top tier. He got waxed by Cyborg and was defeated by shadow demons rather easily. I find it ironic how your calling him out on that, when your guilty for using the same reasoning.....

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where is it stated that Superman has grwon in power? I think he has done more powerful feats in the last 6 or 7 years but it hasnt been stated hes more powerful than he used to be.

He stalemated Orion in his classic story and has since stalemated him recently. He isnt above top tier. He got waxed by Cyborg and was defeated by shadow demons rather easily.
Flawed logic. So becuz he got defeated by shadow demons, which are skyfather lvl in power, he's not above the top tier? So becuz he got defeated by Cyrborg, who actually was able to twist the source wall at full power, he's not above the top tier? That is just dumb reasoning. And Orion must have grown in power as well. Superman grows more powerful the longer he absorbs sunlight as his capacity for absorbstion also grows. He now able to store much more power than he was years ago. It's why the kingdom come superman is so powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
I find it ironic how your calling him out on that, when your guilty for using the same reasoning..... Supes is still a top tier. He wants to elevate Superman above top tier and this justify his wins agaisnt Ds. No way and no how. He cant beat Orion and is still a top tier who has beaten Darkseid down straight up.

Thanos has always bitchslapped top tiers.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Supes is still a top tier. He wants to elevate Superman above top tier and this justify his wins agaisnt Ds. No way and no how. He cant beat Orion and is still a top tier who has beaten Darkseid down straight up.

Thanos has always bitchslapped top tiers.

Thanos ***** slaps the surfer. I've never seen him ***** slap a character like Superman. Or Orion. EVER. tyrant, ***** slaps top tiers. Odin does. Darksied does. Hell, Despero has better showings against Top tiers than thanos.

quanchi112
Flawed logic. So becuz he got defeated by shadow demons, which are skyfather lvl in power, he's not above the top tier? So becuz he got defeated by Cyrborg, who actually was able to twist the source wall at full power, he's not above the top tier? That is just dumb reasoning. And Orion must have grown in power as well. Superman grows more powerful the longer he absorbs sunlight as his capacity for absorbstion also grows. He now able to store much more power than he was years ago. It's why the kingdom come superman is so powerful. Oh Orion grew in power as well. laughing I think dc the whole entire universe has. Your right they are all so powerful now.

Prove the shadow demons are skyfather level each. Which skyfather? The Ds kind who runs from Superman or the Odin kind the skyfather who just slaughters top tiers.

Hes aslo not above top tier becuz he hasnt beaten Orion. Orion is a top tier and Supes cant beat him right?

laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh Orion grew in power as well. laughing I think dc the whole entire universe has. Your right they are all so powerful now.

Prove the shadow demons are skyfather level each. Which skyfather? The Ds kind who runs from Superman or the Odin kind the skyfather who just slaughters top tiers.

Hes aslo not above top tier becuz he hasnt beaten Orion. Orion is a top tier and Supes cant beat him right?

laughing

Your whole post is reminicent of a 5th grader. You keep bringing Ds into threads that don't have much to do with him. Orion is as much a top tier as anyone who can release galaxy destroying blasts.

quanchi112
Your whole post is reminicent of a 5th grader. You keep bringing Ds into threads that don't have much to do with him. Orion is as much a top tier as anyone who can release galaxy destroying blasts. Here comes the bashes and the insults. Ok prove Orion is above top tier or that he has grown in power. Its that simple prove what you claim.

I never said he wasnt top tier but I said he didnt grow in power like you tried to claim.

Hazsekswthurmom
Supes is still a top tier. He wants to elevate Superman above top tier and this justify his wins agaisnt Ds. No way and no how. He cant beat Orion and is still a top tier who has beaten Darkseid down straight up.

Thanos has always bitchslapped top tiers. That wasn't my point, you've said that a character's old showings don't matter, because of what he did recently. The logic you were using was basically the same as the very reasoning you just criticized.....only vice versa. You'll say that a character is weaker going off a few recent showings, and then at the same time you'll argue that a character isn't more powerful based off his/her recent showings. Despite the fact that he/she showed more power in their current appearances. You can't criticize and then glorify a subject(same one of course) when it suits your argument....cause it's hypocritical.

nvrbeenwthagirl
That wasn't my point, you've said that a character's old showings don't matter, because of what he did recently. The logic you were using was basically the same as the very reasoning you just criticized.....only vice versa. You say that a character is weaker going off a few recent showings, and then at the same time you'll argue that a character isn't more powerful based off his/her recent showings. Despite the fact that he/she showed more power in their current appearances. You can't criticize and then glorify a subject(same one of course) when it suits your argument....cause it's hypocritical. He does it all of the time.

quanchi112
That wasn't my point, you've said that a character's old showings don't matter, because of what he did recently. The logic you were using was basically the same as the very reasoning you just criticized.....only vice versa. You'll say that a character is weaker going off a few recent showings, and then at the same time you'll argue that a character isn't more powerful based off his/her recent showings. Despite the fact that he/she showed more power in their current appearances. You can't criticize and then glorify a subject(same one of course) when it suits your argument....cause it's hypocritical. Come again...I said that Superman and Orions havent changed. He stalemated him then and has now. Im not making Superman all that which is what nver is trying to do. He is still doing the crazy kind of shit he has always been able to do in dc and hasnt grown in power over the years like nver would have you believe. Darkseid is being neutered by the writers. He is the one who is less powerful than he used to be, that explains why Supes can beat on him nowadays.

quanchi112
He does it all of the time. Starking is another Ds disciple.

King Kandy
he got defeated by shadow demons, which are skyfather lvl in power,
You have got to be kidding me.

iceman24567
Originally posted by King Kandy
You have got to be kidding me. laughing Happy Dance me too.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You have got to be kidding me.

You obviously dont' remember the shadow demons running thru alternate precrisis beings like they where paper machetii. Of course you don't.

quanchi112
You have got to be kidding me. Some of his claims make the word ridiculous seem to be to small of a word right now.

Hazsekswthurmom
Come again...I said that Superman and Orions havent changed. He stalemated him then and has now. Im not making Superman all that which is what nver is trying to do. He is still doing the crazy kind of shit he has always been able to do in dc and hasnt grown in power over the years like nver would have you believe. Darkseid is being neutered by the writers. He is the one who is less powerful than he used to be, that explains why Supes can beat on him nowadays. That's not what you where saying earlier.....don't turn around and cover your bottom like you haven't done anything wrong.

Here are words from your own mouth:"Where is it stated that Superman has grwon in power? I think he has done more powerful feats in the last 6 or 7 years but it hasnt been stated hes more powerful than he used to be."

That's the same as saying:"Ironman isn't like what he used to be. He gets pwned by gorillas".

How are those statements similar? Well the logic is pretty much the same, and using similar examples when you have no other way to respond to someone, is just blatant hypocrisy.

Do see what I'm getting at?

What does that have to do with anything, other than trying to instigate?

quanchi112
That's not what you where saying earlier.....don't turn around and cover your bottom like you haven't done anything wrong.

Here are words from your own mouth:"Where is it stated that Superman has grwon in power? I think he has done more powerful feats in the last 6 or 7 years but it hasnt been stated hes more powerful than he used to be."

That's the same as saying:"Ironman isn't like what he used to be. He gets pwned by gorillas".

How are those statements similar? Well the logic is pretty much the same, and using similar examples when you have no other way to respond to someone, is just blatant hypocrisy.

Do see what I'm getting at?

What does that have to do with anything, other than trying to instigate? Nver is acting like its official that Superman is more powerful. It isnt. It hasnt been stated so Im just clearing it up. Why do you respond to me at all,I mean come on I thought you didnt like responding and were the kind of poster who reads and responds every couple of weeks.

Hazsekswthurmom
Nver is acting like its official that Superman is more powerful. It isnt. It hasnt been stated so Im just clearing it up. Why do you respond to me at all,I mean come on I thought you didnt like responding and were the kind of poster who reads and responds every couple of weeks. It's also not official that current Ds isn't as powerful as he used to be. smile Oh and I do respond to other things, but right now I just felt like correcting your statement.

quanchi112
It's also not official that current Ds isn't as powerful as he used to be. smile Unofficially hes a joke.

smile

Hazsekswthurmom
Unofficially hes a joke.

smile Very good counter, ignore my point and make a trollish statement instead. Great look for you Tay Quanday. thumb up

quanchi112
Very good counter, ignore my point and make a trollish statement instead. Great look for you Tay Quanday. thumb up What in the old days Batman would have never even phased Ds. He would have never fled from Superman either. I mean the guy fell down a coupla steps. He is a joke. Plain and simple. Supes still loses just as he did ten years ago. He just recently got owned by some shadow demons.

Ouallada
It's also not official that current Ds isn't as powerful as he used to be. smile Oh and I do respond to other things, but right now I just felt like correcting your statement.

To be honest, anyone with any discerning ability can tell that DS is being jobbed out more these days.

Desaad
Come again...I said that Superman and Orions havent changed. He stalemated him then and has now. Im not making Superman all that which is what nver is trying to do. He is still doing the crazy kind of shit he has always been able to do in dc and hasnt grown in power over the years like nver would have you believe. Darkseid is being neutered by the writers. He is the one who is less powerful than he used to be, that explains why Supes can beat on him nowadays.

Huh? Superman has been powered up at least twice since the Byrne days.

First time Post-Death, second time post-Mongul training.

Substantive power ups, sometimes with just increased abilities, other times with new abilities.

TricksterPriest
Considering who created those Shadow demons, and the fact that no one since HIM has been able to control them before Darkseid did it, and what those things did back in PC days and even in current times, your attempts to demean the shadow demons fails. doped Skyfather? Nah, that's too high. Above most top tiers? Easily.

quanchi112
Considering who created those Shadow demons, and the fact that no one since HIM has been able to control them before Darkseid did it, and what those things did back in PC days and even in current times, your attempts to demean the shadow demons fails. doped Skyfather? Nah, that's too high. Above most top tiers? Easily. I never said the shadow demons were pussies. By no means did I imply that but I did laugh when someone called them skyfather level.....Thats way to high.

laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
Huh? Superman has been powered up at least twice since the Byrne days.

First time Post-Death, second time post-Mongul training.

Substantive power ups, sometimes with just increased abilities, other times with new abilities. Do you have scans to prove these powerups?

King Kandy
doped Skyfather? Nah, that's too high. Above most top tiers? Easily.
Well given that Blue Beetles Scarab could destroy them, they aren't that tough.

Red Shift
Do you have scans to prove these powerups?

His power-up post Byrne is one of the most widely known facts in comics.

He was explicitly weaker immediately after the Crisis.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Shift
His power-up post Byrne is one of the most widely known facts in comics.

He was explicitly weaker immediately after the Crisis. Ok so Superman has gotten more powerful while Ds has gotten weaker.

Mr. Slippyfist
Good thread.

Bouboumaster
Thanos do this to Orion ftw:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3Zi6t7W4s

Marvelknight
Thanos 8/10.

fangirl101
I'd say Orion would be a near pear of Thanos in strength at the onset. But Thanos amps. And he's just tuffer. Thanos will have a hard time putting Orion down due to his over all tuffness and speed but, after a nice fight, Thanos would beat Orion.

TricksterPriest
Without the AF, Orion can't take the majority.

h1a8
Why do people think that Thanos is uber strong like say a Superman or Orion and not a Wonderman or Namor in water?

I need some proof why people put Thano's strength up there. What are his strength feats?
Just because Thanos has good fighting skills and agility with decent strength doesn't mean he has uber strength. He could be at 1000 tons for all we know. People using the Thanos logic can be related to CA as well. Maybe CA is class 75 or better.

TricksterPriest
Thanos has bitchslapped Surfer. Manhandled Herc, Hulk and others. He's around that level. But he has no combat speed. and little to no demonstrable skill.

Orion will work him over, but minus the AF, I don't think he can win.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos has bitchslapped Surfer. Manhandled Herc, Hulk and others. He's around that level. But he has no combat speed. and little to no demonstrable skill.

Orion will work him over, but minus the AF, I don't think he can win. Can you show me some of Orion's skill on panel?

I've heard so much of it,and just bought into it, but now that I think about it I haven't really seen anything from him.

Priest
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Can you show me some of Orion's skill on panel?

I've heard so much of it,and just bought into it, but now that I think about it I haven't really seen anything from him.
Orion skillzz =Superman, duh.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Priest
Orion skillzz =Superman, duh. And Superman's skillz = One page

CaptainStoic
I don't want to offend anyone, I just kept reading things like Orions speed and such, but have never viewed him as a speedster.

Can someone clear this up please, because he looks like he's about as fast as Thanos. The Harness isn't really a power as much as it is a device, so without where has he been seen to employ super human speed?

I also don't think that these two are on the same level, as Thanos of old was easily able to deal with Thor and the Thing knocking out the Thing with one hit, and beginning to work on Thor. I just don't see Orion as a decent challenge.

Priest
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I don't want to offend anyone, I just kept reading things like Orions speed and such, but have never viewed him as a speedster.

Can someone clear this up please, because he looks like he's about as fast as Thanos. The Harness isn't really a power as much as it is a device, so without where has he been seen to employ super human speed?

I also don't think that these two are on the same level, as Thanos of old was easily able to deal with Thor and the Thing knocking out the Thing with one hit, and beginning to work on Thor. I just don't see Orion as a decent challenge.
Obviously u don't read Trickster's posts roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Thanos wins. Physically he was only dealt a bloody nose from power gem Thor.

tdazz
Thanos 10/10

psycho gundam

Orion will work him over, but minus the AF, I don't think he can win. thanos trained gamora from the approximate age of 7-8 into the universe's most lethal fighter.

and the fight he had with his doppleganger exhibited his fighting skills, whom he combo'd the shit out of. beating your mirror image is a pretty great feat.

tdawg14
Orion gets owned by Thanos.

h1a8

Orion will work him over, but minus the AF, I don't think he can win.
Manhandling Herc, Hulk, and others only require that you be able to lift their weight with the ease and decent speed, agility, and skill. Nothing more. CA has manhandled some very strong beings too yet that doesn't mean he's at their level.

Desaad
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos trained gamora from the approximate age of 7-8 into the universe's most lethal fighter.

That said, the only actual piece of that training we have ever seen has her being taught exclusively by robots. Thanos doesn't do a damn thing.

And when they actually get into a fight, she dances circles around him.

Except that he didn't beat it alone, Sue Storm helped him (without his knowledge)

Desaad

Desaad
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Can you show me some of Orion's skill on panel?

You'll hear about it quite a bit in the actual issues. Pretty much any kirby fight showcases it, his skill in regards to Kalibak is SPECIFICALLY referenced, his battle against Darkseid is probably his most notable, or when he takes on the Sentries of New Genesis, or the group of New Genesians while they are insane, his battle against Valkrya, the martial arts goddess of New Genesis, etc.

There are many, many examples of this in fact.

quanchi112
That said, the only actual piece of that training we have ever seen has her being taught exclusively by robots. Thanos doesn't do a damn thing.

And when they actually get into a fight, she dances circles around him.

Except that he didn't beat it alone, Sue Storm helped him (without his knowledge) Ok,first off Thanos and Gamora were only playing around. Thanos killed her before in combat, pre-mistress death upgrade.

Since Thanos wasnt out for blood we can hardly use that example as concrete proof of her skill being out of his league especially since he killed her in the past. He also is the one who trained her to be this deadly.

Thanos' durability is head and shoulders above Orion's. I dont even think Orion could beat the Surfer while Thanos beats him down, effortlessly. This is a stomp.

tkitna
This is a stomp.

It truly is.

I really cant see Orion taking even one. I havent read all the pages on this thread, but i've seen a few posts trying to measure Thanos' strength. I'm not sure why thats being asked. I dont think theres any actual strength feats for Thanos that I can remember, but theres plenty of evidence that he smacks people like Orion around all the time. Hell, he fought Thor with the Power Gem for awhile until he got bored of it (not sure he thought he would eventually win that brawl anyways). If there were maybe three or four Orions fighting Thanos in H2H, that MIGHT tip the scales.

This thread is close to spite in my opinion. I view Thanos as much more than Orion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Orion can put up a good fight no doubt. He has good H2H skills and speed. However, Thanos Durability and Strength win him this fight pretty much everyday of the week

Desaad
Ok,first off Thanos and Gamora were only playing around. Thanos killed her before in combat, pre-mistress death upgrade.

Since Thanos wasnt out for blood we can hardly use that example as concrete proof of her skill being out of his league especially since he killed her in the past.

They never had an extended match, though, this was the first time we saw a real fight rather than execution style killing.

And even if you assume Thanos wasn't out for blood - I'm sure that if he was he could have used an omni-directional blast to kill her - he was still trying to put her down, just as Gamora was trying to put him down. By that same token, Gamora wasn't going all out.

But Adam and Drax make it clear that they were playing for keeps, that this wasn't a joke, and that they wanted to put the other down. And Thanos couldn't play a hand on Gamora. Or an energy blast, for that matter.

Again, from all we have seen, it was his ROBOTS and his SHIP that taught her everything. Thanos has never demonstrated much in the way of fighting skill, which is why people like Gamora or Mar-Vell can cause such damage.

Thanos puts him down with energy blasts and what not (though I do think Orion can beat the Surfer).

We are talking about a straight fisticuffs battle here, which plays into Orion's favor far more than it would the Surfer. Orion is stronger, has better blunt force damage soak, faster in combat, and far far FAR more skilled than the Surfer is.

Do I think it gives Orion the win? No, I don't. But I think he does better than almost any other hero in this situation.

1v1 battles are kind of his thing.

quanchi112
They never had an extended match, though, this was the first time we saw a real fight rather than execution style killing.

And even if you assume Thanos wasn't out for blood - I'm sure that if he was he could have used an omni-directional blast to kill her - he was still trying to put her down, just as Gamora was trying to put him down. By that same token, Gamora wasn't going all out.

But Adam and Drax make it clear that they were playing for keeps, that this wasn't a joke, and that they wanted to put the other down. And Thanos couldn't play a hand on Gamora. Or an energy blast, for that matter.

Again, from all we have seen, it was his ROBOTS and his SHIP that taught her everything. Thanos has never demonstrated much in the way of fighting skill, which is why people like Gamora or Mar-Vell can cause such damage.

Thanos puts him down with energy blasts and what not (though I do think Orion can beat the Surfer).

We are talking about a straight fisticuffs battle here, which plays into Orion's favor far more than it would the Surfer. Orion is stronger, has better blunt force damage soak, faster in combat, and far far FAR more skilled than the Surfer is.

Do I think it gives Orion the win? No, I don't. But I think he does better than almost any other hero in this situation.

1v1 battles are kind of his thing. They were both trying to put each other down but werent going all out. I mean do you seriously think Gamora could defeat Thanos? He could easily imprison her in a block of pure force,etc. I know this particular fight is a straight up brawl but I have seen Orion trade blows and not use this super speed before as often as you think he does. Regardless,Thanos take take his blows with a smile on his face. Hell,he took blows from a power gem Thor and smiled through the beatdown he receieved at the hands of Thor. Thanos and Gamora were just physically engaging each other but werent out for blood as you agree. Thanos was in tip-top shape after this fight,anyways.

Thanos did teach her everything she knows. Unless, you ignore this scan and the meaning of it?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinityWatch008-16.jpg

This scan clearly shows Thanos was fooling around and that she caused him no damage with all of her dancing around. Even she knew this nerve blow,really didnt damage him. She knew he was faking it. So,why reference this fight as if its some example of Thanos losing to skill when he clearly wasnt out for blood?
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/WarlockInfinityWatch008-18.jpg

I do agree that Orion is far more dangerous in hand to hand then the Surfer. Sure,Thanos uses hand blasts and what not but as these scans clearly show he beats the shit out of Surfer by using his fists.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/CPU1-0025-1.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/CPU1-0026-1.jpg

But,really you agree that Thanos wins so what the hell are we really arguing about?

The Great Galen
It's not really a debate of who would win, IMO Thanos does take a good majority but I do think Orion gives him a fight for each win. Orion is peers with supes in regards to strength,combat speed,durability and with even more impressive h2h. In fact wasn't there a scan of Orion punking the greatest known MA in the universe or something.

Anyhow I can see Orion elluding Thanos during some of the exchanges on the account of his vastly superior combat speed and h2h skill. I do think Thanos will move forward uneffected by most of Orion's blows but he will certainlly feel them and certainly not be unphased. When all is said and done a fighter of Orion's calibur will certainly make Thanos work for the win. Thanos 7/10

fangirl101
Originally posted by The Great Galen
It's not really a debate of who would win, IMO Thanos does take a good majority but I do think Orion gives him a fight for each win. Orion is peers with supes in regards to strength,combat speed,durability and with even more impressive h2h. In fact wasn't there a scan of Orion punking the greatest known MA in the universe or something.

Anyhow I can see Orion elluding Thanos during some of the exchanges on the account of his vastly superior combat speed and h2h skill. I do think Thanos will move forward uneffected by most of Orion's blows but he will certainlly feel them and certainly not be unphased. When all is said and done a fighter of Orion's calibur will certainly make Thanos work for the win. Thanos 7/10

I agree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
I agree. If Odin didnt put Thanos down.Why do you think Orion even takes 1 out of ten?

fangirl101
If Odin didnt put Thanos down.Why do you think Orion even takes 1 out of ten?
Odin did put Thanos down a couple of times. Thanos just kept getting back up. And that fight wasn't a fist fight. It was all of thier power.

quanchi112
Odin did put Thanos down a couple of times. Thanos just kept getting back up. And that fight wasn't a fist fight. It was all of thier power. Odin's power>>>>Orion's fists. Glad you brought that up. Orion doesnt even have the astro force here.

The Great Galen
Odin's power>>>>Orion's fists. Glad you brought that up. Orion doesnt even have the astro force here.

It's very debatable if Odin was even fighting to the peak of his abilities, regardless it doesnt seem unreason to suggest that Orion could at the very least knock Thanos down a few times. His superior combat speed and h2h skill and superman level strength will have a impact on Thanos...not to the degree that he will take the majority or even split but he will take at least some.

quanchi112
It's very debatable if Odin was even fighting to the peak of his abilities, regardless it doesnt seem unreason to suggest that Orion could at the very least knock Thanos down a few times. His superior combat speed and h2h skill and superman level strength will have a impact on Thanos...not to the degree that he will take the majority or even split but he will take at least some. Yeah,he might knock him over a few times but Thanos is stomping him. Thats my point. Whether or not Odin was going all out in another debate entirely,but he still oneshotted the Surfer. This was also done without gungir,which he later pulled out against Thanos.

I cant honestly see Orion taking a single win. Imo this is domination.

The Great Galen
Yeah,he might knock him over a few times but Thanos is stomping him. Thats my point. Whether or not Odin was going all out in another debate entirely,but he still oneshotted the Surfer. This was also done without gungir,which he later pulled out against Thanos.

I cant honestly see Orion taking a single win. Imo this is domination.

Hey im not arguing that Thanos wins, but I do see Orion's superior speed,h2h skill and superman level strength as something Thanos would have some trouble agaisnt.

D-Block
Thanos he's on another level.

fangirl101
Originally posted by D-Block
Thanos he's on another level.
So much so that Gamora made him bleed and so did some unnamed merc.

Priest
His superior combat speed and h2h skill
Prove it
and superman level strength will have a impact on Thanos...not to the degree that he will take the majority or even split but he will take at least some.
no expression
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/fs123.jpg

quanchi112
So much so that Gamora made him bleed and so did some unnamed merc. So, let me get this straight. If someone bleeds they lose. Superman didnt bleed at all when he fought dos Doomsda yet he was down and out. So how does Thanos bleeding have anything to do with who wins this matchup?

quanchi112
Hey im not arguing that Thanos wins, but I do see Orion's superior speed,h2h skill and superman level strength as something Thanos would have some trouble agaisnt. But Thanos has fought and defeated speedsters with exceptional strength before. Orion does possess skill but really uses it. His battle against Darkseid in countdown was more or less a brawl.

horrorwolf
Thanos gets the edge here.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Priest
Prove it

no expression
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/fs123.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/af6cad34.jpg

His battle agaisnt Valkrya is a demonstration of his H2H skill, speed and timing.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/54e879ed.jpg

Supes has never faired agaisnt a FP Darkseid any better

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods08-02.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods08-03.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods08-04.jpg

A single new God gave Supes a good fight, in fact a new God by the name of Magnar did manage to knock Supes down at least twice during the encounter.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/NewGods10-16_Earth--The_Doomed_Dominion.jpg

Mantis was only beatn by the infinity man and even during that fight mantis did have the upperhand for a brief period. Keep in mind mantis was hurling (according to himself) solar system shattering blast towards infinity man. In orions case he actually stalemated him, and that was during kirby's run.

The Great Galen
But Thanos has fought and defeated speedsters with exceptional strength before. Orion does possess skill but really uses it. His battle against Darkseid in countdown was more or less a brawl.

A close quarter situation is Orion's bread and butter, considering his level strength/speed/durability in addtion to h2h skill that rivals the greatest known MA in the universe....I say he can get some wins at the very least.

CaptainStoic
I noticed Orion groan under the weight of that "arch" turned to lead, for somone with Superman level strength this scan seems to say otherwise.

fangirl101
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I noticed Orion groan under the weight of that "arch" turned to lead, for somone with Superman level strength this scan seems to say otherwise.
It had more to do with the sudden shift in weight and the angle and leverage at which orion had his body.

Enyalus
Question: Gamora has mastered 84% of all martial arts and weaponry skills in the known universe. All of Gamora's training came from Thanos, didn't it?

In durability Thanos has a natural edge. Amping I think he has the edge in strength. Orion and he may be equal or so in speed. And Thanos is a much better H2H brawler than Darkseid is, who never seems to want to get his hands dirty and prefers to overuse the OE. Orion's H2H skills are pheonominal though.

Thanos for 7/10, although the fights would be very brutal and bloody.

You guys don't have to pay attention to the stuff in the middle lol. It's my way of thinking out loud, on the internet. The points are in whatever order my mind comes up with first. :s

Desaad
They were both trying to put each other down but werent going all out. I mean do you seriously think Gamora could defeat Thanos? He could easily imprison her in a block of pure force,etc.

Okay, well talking about the weaponry he might be able to get to defeat her is a bit ridiculous. Gamora might have been able to kill him with her magical dagger, and certainly could with the Time Gem, but we aren't referring to anything like that.

What I am saying is that when they were trying to put each other down - and really put each other down, as evidenced by the exchange between Drax and Adam that you yourself posted - Thanos was wholly incapable of doing so using the 'conventional' weapons in his arsenal - eye blasts, hand blasts, charged up hands, strength, skill and durability. In the case of the energy attacks, attacks that he won't have when facing off against Orion in this type of battle.

No, Gamora couldn't do anything to HIM either, but she was totally capable of hanging with him in a battle, so much so that he thought his only way of expediting her defeat was to play possum.

Do I believe that Gamora would have won that? Obviously not. She was going to tire long before he was, and as soon as she made a misstep he would have quite easily defeated her.

But we're talking about a character MUCH stronger than she, and much durable as well with that kind of speed and at least that level of raw skill, IMHO.

That is pretty obvious. That is also true of any character in comics. One of those things we all have to deal with.

Yeah, no one is doubting how tough Thanos is. But insane Thor, while likely stronger than Orion is in this situation, couldn't have delivered the same number of blows that Orion is going to, with the same type of precision AND avoid Thanos' retaliatory blows.

Comparing the two really serves no purpose.

Weren't out for blood in what sense? I think the exchange between Adam and Drax make it very clear that they were out for a solid DEFEAT, and that they were NOT afraid of hurting each other, were NOT pulling their punches.

They weren't out to kill each other, no, but this wasn't anyone giving anyone else special treatment.

Nothing in that scan indicates anything of the sort.

We know that 'Thanos' taught her everything she knows, but not HOW. We never saw her sparring with him in a flashback or in continuity, never saw him teaching her special techniques, stances, holds.

What we saw was simply Thanos' robot droids teaching her everything she knew while he was busy doing other stuff. Which makes much more sense and is, right now, the only concrete evidence we have either way. The scan you posted simply says that he 'made her what she is today', which would be as true for someone who provided the training and psychological conditioning through proxies (droids) as it would for someone who directly taught her everything she knew.

Moreover, her obvious dominance in this battle in skill and speed, his total inability to counter her effectively, makes it clear that she is far and away his superior in those two attributes.

If you want to ignore that I can't stop you, but I think you are kidding yourself.

Because this was a definitive and unequivocal loss for Thanos on points, if not on skill. He very clearly was totally ineffectual in this battle; never got in a hit, even with energy attacks helping him. No, Gamora wasn't able to effect him much at all (save for making him bleed, turning his head, etc) but we are dealing with a character that is multiples of her strength and durability and on the same level of speed and skill. His punches are going to do MORE than make Thanos bleed, as will his kicks, and he IS going to be able to take blasts and punches from him (if not very many).

He starts out with an energy blast from behind, and every subsequent hit is with his hands charged with energy at least, so while it is very impressive for Thanos IN GENERAL, it doesn't really serve as a measuring stick in this instance.

A fundamental disagreement in the way we see the source material.

Of COURSE Thanos wins here; that much is a given. But going on what we've seen, skilled foes can give Thanos serious runs for their money, and in this case we are seriously limiting THanos (and yes, Orion too).

Desaad
But Thanos has fought and defeated speedsters with exceptional strength before.

What are you referring to? Even Captain Mar-Vell, far from 'exceptional' in strength, nearly wore him down (pre ressurection).

quanchi112
A close quarter situation is Orion's bread and butter, considering his level strength/speed/durability in addtion to h2h skill that rivals the greatest known MA in the universe....I say he can get some wins at the very least. A close quarter battle Thanos will stomp him in. His durability is way too much for Orion to take even 1 of 10.

fangirl101
A close quarter battle Thanos will stomp him in. His durability is way too much for Orion to take even 1 of 10.
NO. Thanos once thought to himself how a conflict with Champion or hulk might go without his shields. Orion would be like them only far far stronger on the onset. And with no mb to hold orion's rage and strength in check, he'd just keep fighting and fighting and fighting.

quanchi112
Okay, well talking about the weaponry he might be able to get to defeat her is a bit ridiculous. Gamora might have been able to kill him with her magical dagger, and certainly could with the Time Gem, but we aren't referring to anything like that.

What I am saying is that when they were trying to put each other down - and really put each other down, as evidenced by the exchange between Drax and Adam that you yourself posted - Thanos was wholly incapable of doing so using the 'conventional' weapons in his arsenal - eye blasts, hand blasts, charged up hands, strength, skill and durability. In the case of the energy attacks, attacks that he won't have when facing off against Orion in this type of battle.

No, Gamora couldn't do anything to HIM either, but she was totally capable of hanging with him in a battle, so much so that he thought his only way of expediting her defeat was to play possum.

Do I believe that Gamora would have won that? Obviously not. She was going to tire long before he was, and as soon as she made a misstep he would have quite easily defeated her.

But we're talking about a character MUCH stronger than she, and much durable as well with that kind of speed and at least that level of raw skill, IMHO.

That is pretty obvious. That is also true of any character in comics. One of those things we all have to deal with.

Yeah, no one is doubting how tough Thanos is. But insane Thor, while likely stronger than Orion is in this situation, couldn't have delivered the same number of blows that Orion is going to, with the same type of precision AND avoid Thanos' retaliatory blows.

Comparing the two really serves no purpose.

Weren't out for blood in what sense? I think the exchange between Adam and Drax make it very clear that they were out for a solid DEFEAT, and that they were NOT afraid of hurting each other, were NOT pulling their punches.

They weren't out to kill each other, no, but this wasn't anyone giving anyone else special treatment.

Nothing in that scan indicates anything of the sort.

We know that 'Thanos' taught her everything she knows, but not HOW. We never saw her sparring with him in a flashback or in continuity, never saw him teaching her special techniques, stances, holds.

What we saw was simply Thanos' robot droids teaching her everything she knew while he was busy doing other stuff. Which makes much more sense and is, right now, the only concrete evidence we have either way. The scan you posted simply says that he 'made her what she is today', which would be as true for someone who provided the training and psychological conditioning through proxies (droids) as it would for someone who directly taught her everything she knew.

Moreover, her obvious dominance in this battle in skill and speed, his total inability to counter her effectively, makes it clear that she is far and away his superior in those two attributes.

If you want to ignore that I can't stop you, but I think you are kidding yourself.

Because this was a definitive and unequivocal loss for Thanos on points, if not on skill. He very clearly was totally ineffectual in this battle; never got in a hit, even with energy attacks helping him. No, Gamora wasn't able to effect him much at all (save for making him bleed, turning his head, etc) but we are dealing with a character that is multiples of her strength and durability and on the same level of speed and skill. His punches are going to do MORE than make Thanos bleed, as will his kicks, and he IS going to be able to take blasts and punches from him (if not very many).

He starts out with an energy blast from behind, and every subsequent hit is with his hands charged with energy at least, so while it is very impressive for Thanos IN GENERAL, it doesn't really serve as a measuring stick in this instance.

A fundamental disagreement in the way we see the source material.

Of COURSE Thanos wins here; that much is a given. But going on what we've seen, skilled foes can give Thanos serious runs for their money, and in this case we are seriously limiting THanos (and yes, Orion too). Ok,so in the limited time they did scrap she avoided him doing little to no damage whatsoever. You agree the moment he caught her,it would be lights out. The battle was nowhere near close to being finished,so you using it as proof that Orion can hang with him doesnt fly with me. He killed Gamora before pre upgrade,so I have no reason to believe a more powerful Thanos would have any problems doing so again.

Orion would have to use that skill that he really uses against his own father. Sure,Orion possesses a skill but this argument is as pointless to me as Superman speedblitzing Thanos to beat him. Orion doesnt have enough in the tank to take Thanos to the limits. Gamora didnt phase him one bit and their fight was brief. Had Gamora really injured him,Id say you were onto something. I get that Orion being stronger in your mind means he could affect Thanos, a helluva lot more than Gamora. Sure,his punches would have more of an impact but not enough to put him down.

Blood Thunder Thor was amping himself at the time to the point of smashing the entire Infinity Watch,Silver Surfer,and Dr. Strange. Now they teleported him to Thanos because they couldnt handle him. He was much stronger than Orion due to the power gem. Sure,Orion could land more blows but they would have much less of an impact. Thanos was smiling after his tussle with power gem Thor and knew due to the power gem that he couldnt ko him.

Yes,they werent in a serious battle. Sure their blows were meant to win this battle,but neither was out for blood. Thanos wasnt trying to destroy Gamora while Gamora wasnt trying to destroy Thanos. Their blows would hurt, but these characters are more than strong enough to take it.

Thanos taught her the skill required to be this deadly. We dont know exactly how he did it,nor do we need to know. I never commented on how he taught her but it was him that made her what she is. We dont have to see the training sessions to know how he did it,only that he made her what she is today.

It would be ridiculous to see Thanos moving with the skill that Gamora possesses. I never said he could.

Yes,Thanos didnt get in one solid hit against Gamora. That much is true. Also,you have to understand this battle was nowhere close to being over. Orion isnt going to make him bleed any more than Thor with the power gem had. Thor with the power gem in terms of strength and hitting power>>>Orion any day of the week. Sorry,Orion has no chance.

Skilled fighters can prolong a battle with Thanos, but give me one example of a skilled fighter beating him.

quanchi112
NO. Thanos once thought to himself how a conflict with Champion or hulk might go without his shields. Orion would be like them only far far stronger on the onset. And with no mb to hold orion's rage and strength in check, he'd just keep fighting and fighting and fighting. Horrible logic.

So you are basing this entirely on one Thanos thought in Thanos quest 1?

Here, let me help you out. Ill show you four characters taking on Thanos at once. Then, Quasar helps out Hulk and the Thing here. Thanos would dominate the Hulk and you know it.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/quasar38-17.jpg

quanchi112
What are you referring to? Even Captain Mar-Vell, far from 'exceptional' in strength, nearly wore him down (pre ressurection). He came back a lot more powerful. Huge difference between pre upgrade and post upgrade. if I were to use a dos Superman example as an example for Superman today that would fall short, just as this falls short.

The Great Galen
Ok,so in the limited time they did scrap she avoided him doing little to no damage whatsoever. You agree the moment he caught her,it would be lights out. The battle was nowhere near close to being finished,so you using it as proof that Orion can hang with him doesnt fly with me. He killed Gamora before pre upgrade,so I have no reason to believe a more powerful Thanos would have any problems doing so again.

Orion would have to use that skill that he really uses against his own father. Sure,Orion possesses a skill but this argument is as pointless to me as Superman speedblitzing Thanos to beat him. Orion doesnt have enough in the tank to take Thanos to the limits. Gamora didnt phase him one bit and their fight was brief. Had Gamora really injured him,Id say you were onto something. I get that Orion being stronger in your mind means he could affect Thanos, a helluva lot more than Gamora. Sure,his punches would have more of an impact but not enough to put him down.

Blood Thunder Thor was amping himself at the time to the point of smashing the entire Infinity Watch,Silver Surfer,and Dr. Strange. Now they teleported him to Thanos because they couldnt handle him. He was much stronger than Orion due to the power gem. Sure,Orion could land more blows but they would have much less of an impact. Thanos was smiling after his tussle with power gem Thor and knew due to the power gem that he couldnt ko him.

Yes,they werent in a serious battle. Sure their blows were meant to win this battle,but neither was out for blood. Thanos wasnt trying to destroy Gamora while Gamora wasnt trying to destroy Thanos. Their blows would hurt, but these characters are more than strong enough to take it.

Thanos taught her the skill required to be this deadly. We dont know exactly how he did it,nor do we need to know. I never commented on how he taught her but it was him that made her what she is. We dont have to see the training sessions to know how he did it,only that he made her what she is today.

It would be ridiculous to see Thanos moving with the skill that Gamora possesses. I never said he could.

Yes,Thanos didnt get in one solid hit against Gamora. That much is true. Also,you have to understand this battle was nowhere close to being over. Orion isnt going to make him bleed any more than Thor with the power gem had. Thor with the power gem in terms of strength and hitting power>>>Orion any day of the week. Sorry,Orion has no chance.

Skilled fighters can prolong a battle with Thanos, but give me one example of a skilled fighter beating him.

Orion has stalemated a enraged/sun amped Supes who was outclassing the JL. Stalemated mantis, competed agaisnt a FP DS and wrecking a group of new gods. IMO it isnt unreasonable to suggest he could easily take 3 from Thanos. Thanos 7/10

quanchi112
Orion has stalemated a enraged/sun amped Supes who was outclassing the JL. Stalemated mantis, competed agaisnt a FP DS and wrecking a group of new gods. IMO it isnt unreasonable to suggest he could easily take 3 from Thanos. Thanos 7/10 Yes,Orion is strong but keep in mind Thanos has taken on power gem Thor and was smiling after taking a beatdown. Supes and Orion are both top tiers while Thanos is not. He is in another league.

The Great Galen
Yes,Orion is strong but keep in mind Thanos has taken on power gem Thor and was smiling after taking a beatdown. Supes and Orion are both top tiers while Thanos is not. He is in another league.

The Great Galen
Yes,Orion is strong but keep in mind Thanos has taken on power gem Thor and was smiling after taking a beatdown. Supes and Orion are both top tiers while Thanos is not. He is in another league.

Orion is peak high herald if you ask me, PG Thor was not fighting with surgical precision but just brawling out on the account of his state of mind. All things considered...Orions physical strength,combat speed,h2h abilitiy and durability can propel him to some victories over Thanos. The man did stalemate mantis, compete agasitn a FP DS better then Supes ever has so I dont it its unreasonable. Thanos 7/10

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galan I agree with all that your saying in a sense. I agree Orion is a very versed combatant, strong and has some decent durability. So, there is no doubt he could smack around thanos a put maybe hurt him a bit or knock him down. The problem is Thanos would do the same which doesn't equal a victory. In this case a knockdown isn't a win but a KO or death is. Orion doesn't have the firepower imo and I think you would probably agree to KO Thanos. Thanos durability is just on another level. So, yes orion could be getting the better of the exchanges for awhile but eventually he will tire faster then Thanos and certainly would be able to take the punishment Thanos can and with Thanos amping himself to me it's pretty much 10/10 although a difficult victory for thanos most of those

fangirl101
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Galan I agree with all that your saying in a sense. I agree Orion is a very versed combatant, strong and has some decent durability. So, there is no doubt he could smack around thanos a put maybe hurt him a bit or knock him down. The problem is Thanos would do the same which doesn't equal a victory. In this case a knockdown isn't a win but a KO or death is. Orion doesn't have the firepower imo and I think you would probably agree to KO Thanos. Thanos durability is just on another level. So, yes orion could be getting the better of the exchanges for awhile but eventually he will tire faster then Thanos and certainly would be able to take the punishment Thanos can and with Thanos amping himself to me it's pretty much 10/10 although a difficult victory for thanos most of those
Thanos was made to bleed by Gamora and some un named merc. On another level? Not that far that Orion couldn't knock him out.

quanchi112
Orion is peak high herald if you ask me, PG Thor was not fighting with surgical precision but just brawling out on the account of his state of mind. All things considered...Orions physical strength,combat speed,h2h abilitiy and durability can propel him to some victories over Thanos. The man did stalemate mantis, compete agasitn a FP DS better then Supes ever has so I dont it its unreasonable. Thanos 7/10 Brawling still hurts. He was still connecting with Thanos. He also was using his hammer which hurts more than Orion's fists. Thor also had the power gem on him amping his strength.

Here is what Thanos looked like after Pip thought he had it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3088_12-1.jpg

Thanos destroys him.

quanchi112
Thanos was made to bleed by Gamora and some un named merc. On another level? Not that far that Orion couldn't knock him out. What does bleeding have to do with knocking someone out?

KuRuPT Thanosi
My exactly thought what does bleeding have to do with anything? This fight comes down to Durability when it's all said and done and Thanos is Orion superior in every sense of the word

fangirl101
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
My exactly thought what does bleeding have to do with anything? This fight comes down to Durability when it's all said and done and Thanos is Orion superior in every sense of the word
if gamora can make thanos bleed and Orion is as far above Gamora as Gamora is above aunt may, then of course orion can do damage on a far grander scale than gamaro. and Orion also is SUPER FAST in h2h.

quanchi112
if gamora can make thanos bleed and Orion is as far above Gamora as Gamora is above aunt may, then of course orion can do damage on a far grander scale than gamaro. and Orion also is SUPER FAST in h2h. If Batman can make Darkseid bleed......then Gamora can surely beat him. This is how ridiculous your argument is.

fangirl101
If Batman can make Darkseid bleed......then Gamora can surely beat him. This is how ridiculous your argument is.
Weak argument ALL around. DS had been blasted already in the same story. Batman also had new gen tech as it was obvious that he was able to blend into the shadows as well as touch the staff of power without special gloves.

quanchi112
Weak argument ALL around. DS had been blasted already in the same story. Batman also had new gen tech as it was obvious that he was able to blend into the shadows as well as touch the staff of power without special gloves. Its just as weak as the argyument you passed off. Explain how the new gods tech amped his kick? I thought it only made him invisible.

What does making someone bleed have to do with knocking someone out?

fangirl101
Its just as weak as the argyument you passed off. Explain how the new gods tech amped his kick? I thought it only made him invisible.

What does making someone bleed have to do with knocking someone out?
It only made him invisible and yet he was somehow powerful enough to hold the staff? we already knew desaad couldn't hold the staff without special gloves and the only other person who was powerful enough to hold the staff was superman. And DS still had been blasted earlier thus weakening his physical form. At anyrate, gamora made Thanos bleed. and she is far far weaker and slower than orion.

Enyalus
Gamora has gone toe-to-toe with Drax, Maxima, and Ronan. All class 100+. She's beaten Rogue, who's punch can shatter diamonds. And has also beaten Terrax. She's also one-shotted Thing (he was being held at the time, though).

Her making Thanos bleed is hardly a low showing for him.

quanchi112
It only made him invisible and yet he was somehow powerful enough to hold the staff? we already knew desaad couldn't hold the staff without special gloves and the only other person who was powerful enough to hold the staff was superman. And DS still had been blasted earlier thus weakening his physical form. At anyrate, gamora made Thanos bleed. and she is far far weaker and slower than orion. So,he could hold the staff,but ho wdoes that effect his legs?

What does making some bleed have to do with knocking someone out?

darthgoober
if gamora can make thanos bleed and Orion is as far above Gamora as Gamora is above aunt may, then of course orion can do damage on a far grander scale than gamaro. and Orion also is SUPER FAST in h2h.
Question, who's was the weakest person to make Thanos bleed during the period between his last upgrade and his death? Because it seems to me that a low showing from a weaker version of Thanos has about as much relevance in this thread as the exploding gas station does in a discussion involving current Supes.

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
Question, who's was the weakest person to make Thanos bleed during the period between his last upgrade and his death? Because it seems to me that a low showing from a weaker version of Thanos has about as much relevance in this thread as the exploding gas station does in a discussion involving current Supes.
Drax.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Gamora has gone toe-to-toe with Drax, Maxima, and Ronan. All class 100+. She's beaten Rogue, who's punch can shatter diamonds. And has also beaten Terrax. She's also one-shotted Thing (he was being held at the time, though).

Her making Thanos bleed is hardly a low showing for him.
actually it is. If he's so far above the herald level like everyone says he is. gamora is still slower than orion. not nearly as strong or fast or durable and he's just as skilled as she.

darthgoober
Drax.
When did Drax make him bleed BETWEEN his upgrade and death(which was only due to Drax's plot device power).

quanchi112
Drax. Orion cant do what Drax did to Thanos. You know the details of this event,so why bring it up?

You dodged my question every single time by the way.

h1a8
I'm not saying that Orion wins this but can someone show me convincing proof that Thanos is even near top tier strength. I don't see him even lifting over 1000 tons without amping.
Because the way he manhandled Herc, Hulk, and Thor, etc. showed that he has incredible agility, good reflexes, decent strength, and decent skill. And someone that can lift 100-1000 tons could have done the same thing Thanos did.

I think it is just pure fanboyism when people put Thanos strength even in the 10% area of say a Superman or Orion without proof. Where's the proof?

Someone who can lift 1000 tons can throw tanks around like they're toys. This is P implies Q. And I definitely see someone who can throw tanks around like they're toys mandhandling a Herc, Hulk, etc. is they have the necessary agility, speed, and fighting skill. This is Q implies R. So Q implies R, which means Thanos could be 1000 tons or less.

kgkg
Originally posted by h1a8
I think it is just pure fanboyism when people put Thanos strength even in the 10% area of say a Superman or Orion without proof. Where's the proof?
What type of Proof are you looking for from the things you said you probably want thanos lifting stuff ?

What would thanos duking it with WM thor with power gem indicate?

tkitna
What is this weak argument about Gamora making Thanos bleed leading to?

So Orion might make Thanos bleed more. So what. What does that prove? Ok then, Thanos might have a bloody nose AND a busted lip before Orion gets pummeled. There is just no relevance to the argument that Thanos was bleeding.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanos was pretty much weakened during the entire Infinity War...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>