Mephisto vs. Phoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Some people think Phoenix is soo much. She's no Beyonder. When Rachel Phoenix hit him with the Whole thing including every life force in existance he wasn't even phased. That doesn't sound like Phoenix is soo powerful to me.
Mephisto is the devil in Marvel. Just because the Sorcerer Supreme can defeat him doesn't take away from that. Stephen Strange is a lot like Phoenix; granted...both are kind of exceptions. However in most contemporarieties things must pass the devils approval to occur...even Stranges' position and so forth.
I give it to Mephisto but what can i say I really love the devil.

guy222
PF

Battlehammer
pheonix and rather easily.

Burning thought
could Mephisto simply take her soul from her body?

Space M ummy
Location determines the outcome of this one, really.

If mephisto's within his own realm, then probably mephisto here. Unless she can outright destroy or absorb the entire dimension (like say, galactus said he could) I don't give her good odds there. Even if she kills him, he'll just reform eventually.

Away from his realm, mephisto gets a LOT weaker and would probably be paste.

Burning thought
hes seem quite weak in Marvel the devil, i mean honestly, why can he not take her soul? is it difficult to take her soul? can he not do it quickly or is he a Devil in fiction that has to have someone sell their soul for him to take it

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Burning thought
hes seem quite weak in Marvel the devil, i mean honestly, why can he not take her soul? is it difficult to take her soul? can he not do it quickly or is he a Devil in fiction that has to have someone sell their soul for him to take it

usually it's the case that someone must willingly give up their soul to mephisto for him to take it, but there are a couple of oddball exceptions.

Wonder Man
I'd like to see a black crown phoenix go against him.

Burning thought
hm oh i see, i mean taking her soul right off the bat would you agree would be an incredible bad win, but if your correct about him possibly needing her to sign a pact then i see her giving him a bashing, she is often said to be quite incredible

Wonder Man
Get rid of the body first then let the soul fade. Since she can reincarnate getting her to sign up for torture sounds like fun. see her every billion years for a new more advanced type of pain. Happy Dance
Mephisto KNOWS Who denied it supplied it.

KK the Great
Mephisto will steal Phoenix's marriage.

That's his thing now.

Wonder Man
I think that Mephisto's will is stronger than Phoenix's telepathy. It'd be a great little tiff though.

guy222
WPOTC stomps Mephisto

Wonder Man
you mean like this little worlds heal stamp at Satan. Oh please...that's such a sorry chicken story.
Do that...fall in love with God...till then you stand on my ground.

LordKaos
He'll steal her soul? How? Does the Phoenix Force have a soul? When it's avatar dies her soul is the property of the Phoenix Force and goes to the White Hot Room, Death can't even lay claim to the soul of the Phoenix and all the splinter realms and death gods have rules about the souls they claim which are more than likely set up by Death. Who cares if he is in his realm or not, it's a splinter realm and is just a small pocket of reality within the mainstream universe. The small portion of the Phoenix that inhabited the Goblin Queen was more than enough to undue the merging of Limbo (one of the splinter realms) with the Earth dimension. Not being able to phase the Beyonder is not an indicator of weakness, and mention of him sounds like you are putting him and Mephisto in the same category, which is insane. Rachel has never tapped the "whole thing" so how she threw it all at him to begin with sounds a little strange. He was destroyed by Franklin Richards albeit temporarily, and was temporarily usurped by his own son nor could he handle Thors souls. Why are people assuming he can hold a candle to the Phoenix?

Xplosive
Just imagine Dark Phoenix against Mephisto, anywhere, anytime. Mephisto doesn't stand 1% of a chance.

Terryc250
Galactus beat Mephisto in his own realm, Phoenix would destroy Mephisto

Burning thought
Marvels Devil is lame laughing pity

tkitna
Phoenix seeks out the aid of Black Panther and Mephisto runs and hides.

Old-Wizard.com
Mephisto isn't the marvel devil. He is a poser devil, like the asgardians are poser gods. not to say they are weak, but the asgardians arent really "gods".

starlock
Phoenix for the win

Burning thought
good point, are they not mutants or something, were they not humans who were enhanced by an alien race or am i thinking of titans...hmm, but then were they not the children of these titans?

xjustice69x
i can see with story line and prep time mephisto taking a few wins.
but ide say phoenix should take the majority

LordKaos
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Mephisto isn't the marvel devil. He is a poser devil, like the asgardians are poser gods. not to say they are weak, but the asgardians arent really "gods".

Since when aren't the Pantheons not real gods? They are all connected to Gaea who is one of the elder gods and is the Earth itself and she also is the daughter of the demiurge the primordial god that created the elder gods. Did I miss something that says they are not real gods anymore?

LordKaos
Originally posted by xjustice69x
i can see with story line and prep time mephisto taking a few wins.
but ide say phoenix should take the majority

The most I see him doing is maybe deceiving the Phoenix for a while, while it's in one of it's famous states of confusion, but you figure a guy who wants everybody to think he is the devil, would probably just cause Dark Phoenix to surface and she'll probably be pissed when she finds out he was playing her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.