The Cyberdemon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
One thing comes into mind when he comes stomping into view. "Aw crap," being number two with "Oh shit," being number one.

The Cyberdemon is indeed to be respected...if not feared due to the cannon for a right arm and hand. One rocket from this guy will definitely make you feel worse about life.

If the classic Cyberdemon is bad then the next-generation Cyberdemon from Doom 3 is much, much worse.

The Cyberdemon in Doom 3 is as tall as a three-story building and conventional weapons doesn't do squat against it. Only thing that can does work is the Soul Cube.

Either way, the Cyberdemon (aside from the Spider Mastermind), is something to be feared...and respected.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd108/headcrook/Cyberdemon2.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/doom/images/thumb/d/d4/Cyberdemon2.jpg/263px-Cyberdemon2.jpg

Blax_Hydralisk
Eh, the Chief can take him super13

Snafu the Great
Cyberdemon has 4000 hit points, can fire three rockets in succession, and that's the classic version.

The new Cyberdemon, as I've said is freakin' huge and will step on you. It also has the rocket launcher which fires off rockets the size of ICBMS.

Unless Master Chief has the Soulcube for that big boy, he's screwed.

Blax_Hydralisk
Hitpoints?

eek! laughing

Neh, it is true that the Chief would probably lose, but because of a game mechanic, eh.

Wandering Flame
Soulcube? erm

Blax_Hydralisk
Yeah...

erm

Wandering Flame
erm

Remindme
Soulcube is like demons Kryptonite i guess

Burning thought
cyberdemon, indeed only harmable by the soul cube, at least Doom 3 one is anyway, and launches cruise missle sized missles at the rate not far from a machine gun, their certainly rapid fire, chief would be toast

Neo Darkhalen
Still that giant thing at the end of Doom 3 is worse.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Burning thought
cyberdemon, indeed only harmable by the soul cube, at least Doom 3 one is anyway, and launches cruise missle sized missles at the rate not far from a machine gun, their certainly rapid fire, chief would be toast

He would only lose due to needing the soul cube. If he didn't need that he'd win with ease, honestly. The "Doom Guy" did it, and even with the soul cube you'd have to get a chance to use it, meaning not exploding into a million pieces first. So the Chief with his awesome speed and durability can do it.

Remindme
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
He would only lose due to needing the soul cube. If he didn't need that he'd win with ease, honestly. The "Doom Guy" did it, and even with the soul cube you'd have to get a chance to use it, meaning not exploding into a million pieces first. So the Chief with his awesome speed and durability can do it.

lol i hate that arguement, "chief can do everything doom guy can"

Point stands, you need the soul cube, MC don't got the soul cube, MC goes SPLAT!.... or maybe BOOM!

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Remindme
lol i hate that arguement, "chief can do everything doom guy can"

It's true. There is nothing the Doom guy can do that the Chief can't.

And no one was arguing the supposed "point".

Snafu the Great
It's true. There is nothing the Doom guy can do that the Chief can't.

And no one was arguing the supposed "point".

There's nothing to prove. Doomguy has one up on Master Chief. Fighting the Covenant and anything Halo has to offer is to easy for our Space Marine.

Blax_Hydralisk
No it's not. The Space Marine has nothing on the Chief. At all.

Snafu the Great
No it's not. The Space Marine has nothing on the Chief. At all.

As I've said in the Space Marine thread, when Master Chief can shoot his way through Hell, give him the Doomguy's number.

Blax_Hydralisk
When the Doom Guy can fight his way through all the Covenent, give the Chief the Doomguy's number, kthx. Not too mention that the Chief would whoop all of Hell's ass ebcause he's, ya know, faster, stronger, and smarter then a simple marine.

But, lets take this to PM if you want to continue this. I'm not going to degrade the man in his own RESPEK thread. He deserves respect.

Burning thought
lmao, Space marine would clear the covenant and turn them to dust, hed prob break the inferior weapons MC has to work with and use his own BFG 9k or plasma machine cannon. MC would end up garbage if he tried to get through hell, and so would a normal marine

Diamond Kisses

Only the boss-rated Cyberdemon is what you state yes

The normal Cyberdemon can be brought down with gunfire smile

Burning thought
thats why i only said the Doom 3 one you see, because there are no other cyber demons in Doom 3, thats the only one

but yes the other versions of the demon in other games can be

ESB -1138
Ahh I remembered the first time I encountered the Cyberdemon way back when

Neo Darkhalen
Good times. smile

ESB -1138
What? When you first encountered the Cyberdemon? No it wasn't!

Diamond Kisses
thats why i only said the Doom 3 one you see, because there are no other cyber demons in Doom 3, thats the only one

but yes the other versions of the demon in other games can be

I know. I was just clarifying smile

We do not want missunderstandings in the respect thread stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
lmao, Space marine would clear the covenant and turn them to dust, hed prob break the inferior weapons MC has to work with and use his own BFG 9k or plasma machine cannon. MC would end up garbage if he tried to get through hell, and so would a normal marine

Inferior?

I certaintly hope you're not comparing Covenent weapons to those gay little fireballs that get thrown at you and inferior ballistic weapons?

Besides, it doesn't matter still. EVen with the BFG everything would be futile. The Chief is faster, stronger, and more durable then the space marine. As such minus the PIS SOul cube the Chief could actually pretty much solo the game.

I'll even go out on a limb here. I doubt the large majority of demons can even penetrate his armor.

Burning thought
yeh rite and his amazing falling from a few KM and knocked out feat to back this up

cant even penetrate his armour my @ss, how would those puny covenant loons have a chance, their ridiculous things, or their weapons...also MC uses ballistic weaponry, works for him doesnt it......also prove the fireballs are weak?..you probably cant, but hey..their gay little fireballs, not the uberz little shard launchers and inaccurate plasma weapons

also what do you mean, ballistic, what do covenant use thats so much better than a plasma rifle? energy cannon etc etc..theyd be ripped apart by mini gun fire

Chief would be destroyed in a non PIS/CIS Doom

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by ESB -1138

I had the first Doom.

???

Blax_Hydralisk
yeh rite and his amazing falling from a few KM and knocked out feat to back this up

Certaintly does. Not too mention the stuff from the books.

Those "loony things" conquered the entire Galaxy and won every battle out of over a hundred battles against the UNSC. They only lost because of the civil war.

Yeah, but only because the Chief doesn't rely on his inferior weaponry. He relies on his speed and strength advantages. If you want to see how a typical ballistic vs. plasma fight goes, look at teh cinematic for Halo Wars. Covenent plasma weaponry burns right through marines in one hit. It goes straight through all there armor. The books also show this.

The fact that they barely hurt you even though you're only wearing armor.. armor that doesn't even cover your whole body. The Chief's armor is near unbreakable yet plasma weaponry can go right through it.

Those "little shard weapons" can actually gut a Marine in only a couple of hits. They are razor sharp and dig into your skin, then explode. And Inaccurate? Stop playing on the noob difficulty and play on the canon difficulties. The Covenent's aim is perfect and much faster.

By ballistic I was referring to actual bullets, lead, etc.

Funny because the UNSC has been using mini-guns yet they still get raped easily.

In a non-PIS environment the Chief will do everything that the doom guy did except in half the time and without the hardship. I've said it once, twice, I'll say it again.

There is nothing outside PIS the doom guy can do that the Chief can't do better.

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by ESB -1138

There was only one in Doom. Level 23: Tower of Babel.

Remindme
In a non-PIS environment the Chief will do everything that the doom guy did except in half the time and without the hardship. I've said it once, twice, I'll say it again.

There is nothing outside PIS the doom guy can do that the Chief can't do better.

Methinks you overrate MC

MC cannot kill the Cyberdemon

Whats up with your sig? ermm

Blax_Hydralisk
Methinks you'll need a better argument then "He can't do it".

I've seen the Cyberdemon fight on it's hardest difficulty. It's pitiful and pathetic. A guy actually beat him using just his fists.

Remindme

I've seen the Cyberdemon fight on it's hardest difficulty. It's pitiful and pathetic. A guy actually beat him using just his fists.

^^ Only reason Doomguy can do it IMO is because of the things he picks up throughout the game, they put him ahead of MC

I think thats a pretty lame arguement, using the point a monster a very old game attacks simply thats why MC with is a poor point. The AI from that game is pitiful as you put it, so i really don't accept that as a fighting arguement.

Lana

With his fists? Methinks the game was hacked/modded because the majority of weapons in Doom will not so much as make the least dent in the Cyberdemon.

Blax_Hydralisk
Then back it up. Give me something that makes him look intimidating at all, please.

If the only cinematic that we can go by are the ones from the game itself then so be it.. the Cyberdemon suffers because of it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Lana
With his fists? Methinks the game was hacked/modded because the majority of weapons in Doom will not so much as make the least dent in the Cyberdemon.

Neg. There was a cheat put in but it only refills your weapons and gives you max armor, and the guy only put it in once, before the match started. Other then that he just used what he had.

Lana
Neg. There was a cheat put in but it only refills your weapons and gives you max armor, and the guy only put it in once, before the match started. Other then that he just used what he had.

I don't believe it for an instant. I've played Doom...hell, I probably played the original before half of you were born. It's just not possible.

Blax_Hydralisk
Maybe, maybe not. I've played it too.

v15dazGg3gA

The guy there uses a cheat to get max amoo and armor I think.

But aside from that he wins.

Snafu the Great
I don't believe it for an instant. I've played Doom...hell, I probably played the original before half of you were born. It's just not possible.

I've also played Doom. Hell, I've played every single Doom from the PC to the 360. Depending on which version you play, there are some codes you can put in for Invunerablity, Weapon refill and all Keys and my favorite, level skip.

But sticking in cheat codes takes away the purity of the game, me personally.

Remindme

If you saw his use a cheat he's problably got loads of them going. When i was lookngi for a Terra boss battle for my respect thread i had that problem, most videos that show some remarkable gameplay have codes gonig on in the background, he was taking much less damage and donig much more than they should have.

It's not hard to make a codes like those, that are nice and subtle, Easy to fool folks who have never play the game so don't know otherwise

When did doom 1 come out? O.o

Originally posted by Snafu the Great

My rule on cheating is, big no no, unless you beaten the game at it's hardest, they you may aswelll kick back and have fun. Invunerability cheat suck, low gravity cheats like the ones on UT04 fun fun fun. Also Spawning scorpions in normal maps is amusing the first few times.

Any kinda cheat that makes the game easy sucks, no point in them, and you really shouldn't need them.

Blax_Hydralisk
I agree Snafu. No point in putting in cheat codes, honestly.

Lana
I've also played Doom. Hell, I've played every single Doom from the PC to the 360. Depending on which version you play, there are some codes you can put in for Invunerablity, Weapon refill and all Keys and my favorite, level skip.

That's exactly what I mean. Without using codes or hacking/modding the game, that's just not going to happen.

Blax_Hydralisk
But it still shows that it can be done.

Even without the extra armor the guy was taking almost no damage, not because the missiles were weak, but because he was easily dodging them. They're slow. And even though he used an excessive amount of bullets he still killed the guy with the pistol. If simple pistol bullets can do it the the Chief, who is so strong that he can lift 50 tons, could probably do it with his bare hands. If not there's other more powerful weapons then a pistol.

Also, cheats completely aside. Using only the ammo he had before he cheated he almost completely depleted the Cyberdemons health.

Remindme
the Chief, who is so strong that he can lift 50 tons, could probably do it with his bare hands.

Just need to clarify something

This statement makes it sound like you're suggesting Master Cheif can do hand to hand with a 3 story high Demon and Machine Fiend from the deepest pitts of hell, and Win.

If that is what your suggesting.... then you are just out of your mind. No offence, but when you word what your saying simply, that exactly how i see it.

Thought i don't think MC can, i would be willin to debate with you that MC may or may not be able to kill him with all weapons and equipment. That's one thing, But beating the Cyberdemons with his bare hands, I seriously doubt Kratos would pull that off, never ruddy mind MC

Snafu the Great
But it still shows that it can be done.

Even without the extra armor the guy was taking almost no damage, not because the missiles were weak, but because he was easily dodging them. They're slow. And even though he used an excessive amount of bullets he still killed the guy with the pistol. If simple pistol bullets can do it the the Chief, who is so strong that he can lift 50 tons, could probably do it with his bare hands. If not there's other more powerful weapons then a pistol.

Also, cheats completely aside. Using only the ammo he had before he cheated he almost completely depleted the Cyberdemons health.

Master Chief can only do this because:

1. He isn't completely human.

2. He was biologically and cybernetically augmented and enhanced while undergoing his SPARTAN-II super-soldier training, hence the superhuman strength.

3. The Space Marine is human

4. He mostly shot his way through Hell and back to avenge Daisy.

Burning thought
i think Blax is just joking and making himself laugh with over fanboyism of MC, it can be the only possible answer for such madness

Neo Darkhalen
yes

Blax_Hydralisk
Master Chief can only do this because:

1. He isn't completely human.

2. He was biologically and cybernetically augmented and enhanced while undergoing his SPARTAN-II super-soldier training, hence the superhuman strength.

3. The Space Marine is human

4. He mostly shot his way through Hell and back to avenge Daisy.

This is all true. This is why the Chief can and will do everything that Marine did, except easier. PIS aside. This was my whole point. There is nothing the Space marine can do that the Chief can't. Fact.

So far I'm only referring to the Cyberdemon from the original DOOM. which looks to be only around 10-12 feet high. Easy pickings for a man of the Chief's strength.

.. is this suppsoed to mean something at all? Titles and names mean nothing. Sephiroth is a "god" yet he's pretty weak and jobs. Melkor is a "Lord of fire and brimstone" yet he got his ass stomped by a single Elf. Having a cool name and being from some col place means nothing.

It's intresting that everyone is yelling "Noes CHief can't win!" Yet no one bothers to back up anything they say. GIe me something. A reason as to why I would even consider the Cyberdemon winning. Because all I have right now is multiple in-game footage of a slow moving animal that fires equally slow moving missles that have weak splash damage.

Do you know how much 100,000 pounds is? The Cyberdemon himself probably doesn't even weigh that much. Not too mention that again there is actual in game footage of a man beating it with his fists only. He admitted that he used a cheat but the only thing the cheat did was give him full armor before the match started.

I think you're just mudslinging now because that's the only thing you can do after I destroyed your argument on the page before this one.

Burning thought
lawls destroyed my argument, using gameplay footage destroys arguments, okie someone go find a gameplay footage of chief getting one shotted by a rocket launcher lawls....

lets always go by gameplay footage, if i could be bothered i could probably enter the files of the Doom game and turn the punch damage to 5000 and destroy the cyberdemon in a hit or two...or i could change its hitpoints to millions....my cyberdemon VS that gameplay dude...i dont think so...

rubbish aside, its an enhanced soldier VS a mechanical, elite monstrosity from hell, its muscle and sinews combined with mechanical and cybernetic engineering and using a weapon that would blow the chief to pieces.

Remindme
is this suppsoed to mean something at all? Titles and names mean nothing. Sephiroth is a "god" yet he's pretty weak and jobs. Melkor is a "Lord of fire and brimstone" yet he got his ass stomped by a single Elf. Having a cool name and being from some col place means nothing.

It's intresting that everyone is yelling "Noes CHief can't win!" Yet no one bothers to back up anything they say. GIe me something. A reason as to why I would even consider the Cyberdemon winning. Because all I have right now is multiple in-game footage of a slow moving animal that fires equally slow moving missles that have weak splash damage.

1. Merely defining what he is, demon / machine hybrid. He's the last boss so i would guess he comes from one of the deepest pitts of hell.

2. Lol, in all fairness everyone else thinks your off your rocker. Reasons why the CyberDemon would win?
- Rocket Launcher for an arm
- Stepping on MC would kill him
- Takes a hell of alot of firepower before he comes down
- Unlimited Ammo for his arm.

Take into account you are the only one who thinks otherwise, even Lana appears to saying your are wrong. You don't think you're under the fanboy spell even a little?

Neo Darkhalen
Giant monstrosity's are what they are.

And no you are not!!!

Wandering Flame
With his fists? Methinks the game was hacked/modded because the majority of weapons in Doom will not so much as make the least dent in the Cyberdemon. ...wtf?

And why are we having this HUGE argument about MC vs. Doom Guy/Cyberdemon here? erm

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Remindme

- Rocket Launcher for an arm

He's fought and beaten worse.

Too bad the Chief can run a kilometer in 9 seconds with a broken ankle and bullets move in slow motion to him. Nothing in Doom can catch up to him.

I checked. The guy in the video kills it with about 800 rounds of pistol bullets. The CHief has far more powerful weapons.

So do the Covenant.

Lana is nothing. I mean, she's cool. But she's just a person. Just because she's a Mod does not make her right in the slightest. And this is a logical fallacy. It's called appealing to the majority.

No. Read the definition of a fanboy, then tell me how I'm a fanboy. I've clearly listed all of my points and countered all of yours. You don't see me with a Master Chief sig or a Halo name I'm not refusing to read your posts. I am simply not a fanboy. A fanboy is someone who cries because the person they want to win is limited by game mechanics.

Exactly. That's why the Chief wins; more actual feats to back him up. The Cyber Demon has:

The games, showing what he can do. That's it.

The Chief has:

The games, books, and comics to back him up. It's not my fault Cyberdemon is weak because eh has no other sources to show his skills.

Let's not. Let's go by what the two people actually have to support them. The Chief has more sources. Too bad. There's no point in weakening him just so that you're character can have a chance.

Prove that it can blow him to pieces even though it doesn't blow the Doom guy to pieces.

Remindme
He's fought and beaten worse.

Too bad the Chief can run a kilometer in 9 seconds with a broken ankle and bullets move in slow motion to him. Nothing in Doom can catch up to him.

I checked. The guy in the video kills it with about 800 rounds of pistol bullets. The CHief has far more powerful weapons.

So do the Covenant.

Lana is nothing. I mean, she's cool. But she's just a person. Just because she's a Mod does not make her right in the slightest. And this is a logical fallacy. It's called appealing to the majority.

No. Read the definition of a fanboy, then tell me how I'm a fanboy. I've clearly listed all of my points and countered all of yours. You don't see me with a Master Chief sig or a Halo name I'm not refusing to read your posts. I am simply not a fanboy. A fanboy is someone who cries because the person they want to win is limited by game mechanics.

Exactly. That's why the Chief wins; more actual feats to back him up. The Cyber Demon has:

The games, showing what he can do. That's it.

The Chief has:

The games, books, and comics to back him up. It's not my fault Cyberdemon is weak because eh has no other sources to show his skills.

Let's not. Let's go by what the two people actually have to support them. The Chief has more sources. Too bad. There's no point in weakening him just so that you're character can have a chance.

Prove that it can blow him to pieces even though it doesn't blow the Doom guy to pieces.

Fought and Beaten worse an a Cyberdemon? what might that be?

So MC can run like 250mp/h? yeah gonna have to ask you to prove it, and answer why he doesn't do that in normal games. Leading on to can he do it in this battle, after all, if he doesn't do it normally there will be a reason for it. Endurance might be one reason, even a bioengineered soldier has limits.

800 rounds of pistol bullets, why does it sound like your making that out to be nothing? Besides, sounds like you're leaning too heavily on the older doom games to me. Soul Cube only able to kill Cyberdemon is PIS (IMO), but that doesn't change the fact it's durability is several times anything ever seen in Halo. MC Might run out of ammo trying to kill a single one, fighting more than one like in the other thread is a mismatch, even if you don't see that

Are you acutally comparing the Covenant to a Cyberdemon??? That's laughable.

You've countered something? *checks* all those claims are still pending to me. Fanboy is someone who is denying the facts, an example being, Cyberdemon is not as dumb as the AI script they were using in 1993 when doom came out. Claiming that as proof for a victory claim, thats somethnig a fanboy would need to resort to.

It's not my fault Cyberdemon is weak because eh has no other sources to show his skills.
People annoy me when they say things like that in mid agrement. Don't do it.

Having more scources doesn't make your aruement any stronger, it merely gives you more points to fall back onto.

Snafu the Great
In case you haven't noticed, Master Chief isn't completely human. He is part-cyborg, as a result of undergoing cybernetic enhancements for the SPARTAN-II program, which explains his feats.

What makes the Space Marine special is that he is completely human. No cybernetics of any sort. Just the will and drive to survive...

...that and to avenge his pet rabbit, Daisy, who was killed by the monsters.

Ridley_Prime
Maybe, maybe not. I've played it too.

v15dazGg3gA

The guy there uses a cheat to get max amoo and armor I think.

But aside from that he wins.
This Cyberdemon > that one. stick out tongue

LR2J86-HBnA

And even if MC can beat a Cyberdemon which I have little doubt about, could he beat 14 or so without God mode? With his bare hands even? stick out tongue

IOwqRfHSO2U

Wandering Flame
Lana is nothing. I mean, she's cool. But she's just a person. Just because she's a Mod does not make her right in the slightest. And this is a logical fallacy. It's called appealing to the majority.Damn, should've said this to the guy who was saying I was wrong about something just because his cock-riders were saying I was on the first site I joined (he joined KMC some months ago, got pwned and left).

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Damn, should've said this to the guy who was saying I was wrong about something just because his cock-riders were saying I was on the first site I joined (he joined KMC some months ago, got pwned and left).
Some guy left just because he lost a silly argument/debate? Meh. Talk about poor sportsmanship. srug

Blax_Hydralisk
Damn, should've said this to the guy who was saying I was wrong about something just because his cock-riders were saying I was on the first site I joined (he joined KMC some months ago, got pwned and left).

I've told you this before..

you were running it in my face that more people agreed with you, that the Keyblade has an actual blade and can cut.. so I was wrong. I told you that it was a logical fallacy and doesn't mean anything and you said it does no expression

Violent2Dope
Damn, should've said this to the guy who was saying I was wrong about something just because his cock-riders were saying I was on the first site I joined (he joined KMC some months ago, got pwned and left). Who is that?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

Originally posted by Peach

Then back it up. Give me something that makes him look intimidating at all, please.

If the only cinematic that we can go by are the ones from the game itself then so be it.. the Cyberdemon suffers because of it.
Bump for the lolz, and because I'm bored, but in response to the above stuff..

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9180/doomcomickc2.jpg

mmm

And, I like how this and most of the other Doom character respect threads got trashed by some Doom vs Halo debate, though as awesome as the Doom series is, its version of "hell" would easily get obliterated by the Halo universe. Not to mention, Chief vs Doom Marine isn't a fair match-up at all since the marine's only human, among other reasons.

ThunderGodEneru
...What?

Cyberdemon vs. Master Chief?

Did people really debate that?

Lol.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. haermm
Cyberdemon's still pretty badass himself though, despite being overrated by some people. ermm Never can get enough of that wicked awesome design of his in Doom 3.

Nemesis X
It would've been interesting if Cyberdemon made an appearence in that Doom movie. Guess he wasn't in it because he didn't have that big enough fan base.

Ridley_Prime
Well, I heard the Doom movie was gonna have a sequel, so maybe Cybey will be in that. With the way they screwed up the monsters in the first movie though (like the Hell Knight using a chain saw instead of its classic green fireballs), I reckon Cyberdemon will be almost nothing like in the games. no expression

Speaking of which, it was fun fighting that boss with Neo Darkhalen earlier in Tower of Babel on Nightmare difficulty, even though he kept killing us in one hit and all we had for the most part was a Pistol and a Rocket Launcher to pick up if we got lucky. haermm (Doom in Games Marketplace on X-Box Live)

Nemesis X
Why did people screw up the Doom movie? Why didn't they make the plot about scientists making a portal to Hell and it goes on the fritz unleashing demonic hordes but instead it's mutated people gone crazy?

Cyberdemon is better than all the other demons in Doom and I hope he returns in Doom 4.

Darkstorm Zero
You know.... The Classic Doom's Cyberdemon's canon actually weights in exess of 1'000 KG (= 1 tonne) and fires missiles of similar capability to Mamothtusk Missiles, Those things are capable of leveling buildings in single hits, and Spartains have been killed by much less...

ThunderGodEneru
Spartans routinely take blasts many times hotter than the sun, and you act like it could hit MC.

Final Blaxican
The Chief used his hand to swat away a missile fired at him from a jet fighter...

Nemesis X
This is more of a versus thread than a respect thread.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Spartans routinely take blasts many times hotter than the sun, and you act like it could hit MC.

Your comparing plasma energy discharges to Hellfire explosions? Cheif's only got reallyy fast reflexes, read my vs thread.

The Chief used his hand to swat away a missile fired at him from a jet fighter...

A lockon missile desighed for AT applications vs Explode on Impact Dumbfire Missiles? Dude..... Even you know Cheif wouldn't take that kind of rsk vs the amount of missiles the Demon will be lobbing at him.

Final Blaxican
I was referring to his reflexes, not his durability.

My point is this:

Doom Guy can dodge those missiles. A skilled player can actually go the entire fight without getting hit.

Thus, this is a fact:

Chief can dodge them easily. Very easily. They move slower than bullets.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Your comparing plasma energy discharges to Hellfire explosions? Cheif's only got reallyy fast reflexes, read my vs thread.

A lockon missile desighed for AT applications vs Explode on Impact Dumbfire Missiles? Dude..... Even you know Cheif wouldn't take that kind of rsk vs the amount of missiles the Demon will be lobbing at him. 1. Hellfire is a title that means nothing. You can't actually prove they are as hot as Plasma Rifle bursts. Chief's got really fast reflexes, is much stronger than most things in Doom, is durable enough to take nearly everything they can throw, and can floor most things with his bare hands in Doom.

Darkstorm Zero
Reffer to what hellfire actually is TGE... It burns hotter than magma, maybe even hotter than superheated plasma...

And yes I can, they disintegrate DEMONs, you know, beings capable of withstanding ambient heat in hell nakkid? it's said that their eepidermal tissues are extremely resistant to abrasions, incisions and burns, not to mention that a large portion of these creatures can anctually manifest and hold cohesive plasma masses.

Ridley_Prime
Cyberdemon is an ass in the level Against Thee Wickedly (from episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed).

That is all.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Cyberdemon is an ass in the level Against Thee Wickedly (from episode 4: Thy Flesh Consumed).

That is all.

And we had the unfortunate pleasure of finding that out first hand.

Ridley_Prime
Yep haermm, though at least he sometimes takes out the nearby Cacodemons for you if one of them accidentally attacks him when trying to get you.

Ridley_Prime
It just occurred to me recently, that in an old PC World article, Cyberdemon was voted #16 of the top 47 "Most Diabolical Video-Game Villains of All Time".

There's so many things wrong with that list in general... but I'm kinda glad Cybey was included, even if he isn't really that diabolical besides being Hell's mightiest warrior and what not.

Also, don't know why I never posted this before, but this is an awesome mod (basically a Doom 3 version of "Tower of Babel" with Cyberdemon being vulnerable to regular gunfire, but having a crapload of health as usual).

qWP_F73lNfo

I'd love to play that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Why did people screw up the Doom movie? Why didn't they make the plot about scientists making a portal to Hell and it goes on the fritz unleashing demonic hordes but instead it's mutated people gone crazy?

Its Hollywood they like to tamper with the storyline for the game movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.