Comic Vs Forum - Respect Thread Feasibility...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pr1983

grey fox
Hmmm...interesting. Though I can only see Nvr , Spetnaz and Master making the list personally.

DarkCrawler

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by grey fox
Hmmm...interesting. Though I can only see Nvr , Spetnaz and Master making the list personally.

OMG me? Gee willies. Nah, I can see Desaad, Quan, some of the Elitist, and lot's of old posters who don't post anymore making it. This could revive alot of long dead arguments and bring life back into some really good threads. I used to love those GS/MM pheonix debates.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I used to love those GS/MM pheonix debates. Until they turned into nothing but pissing contests. srsly

DarkCrawler
But epic ones. big grin

Citizen V
They always sucked.

ALWAYS

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Citizen V
They always sucked.

ALWAYS

Sucking is ALWAYS not a bad thing. big grin

Newjak
Sucking is ALWAYS not a bad thing. big grin Keep it out of here Nvr. stick out tongue

And right off the bat the first person that came to mind is spetnaz when reading this.

DigiMark007
There's 10 pinned threads. It's not a crime, but it's a bit of an eyesore on a busy forum.

Might I suggest un-pinning a couple tourney threads. We really only need the discussion thread anymore.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
There's 10 pinned threads. It's not a crime, but it's a bit of an eyesore on a busy forum.

Might I suggest un-pinning a couple tourney threads. We really only need the discussion thread anymore.

lol, thx for the emphatic support there digiman... stick out tongue

but yeah, i know what you mean...

B.A
I always wanted to see a Master and That Storm guy debate.

This is a good idea.

And just combine the search and Rules and make it the need to know thread or something.

Then get rid of the tourney ones. Or at least leave one.

The tournaments not even being held here. huh

grey fox
Originally posted by pr1983
lol, thx for the emphatic support there digiman... stick out tongue

but yeah, i know what you mean...

Unpin the 'How to use the new search fucntion' and re-pin the tier system please.

B.A
The tier system is not even for comics. Thats a big waste of space.

Soljer
Good idea. Not very feasible, in my opinion.

pr1983
Originally posted by grey fox
Unpin the 'How to use the new search fucntion' and re-pin the tier system please.

once i'm done pinning/unpinning i'll see if i can fit it back in...

Ouallada
Originally posted by B.A

I always wanted to see a Master and That Storm guy debate.

That is not a good idea. Storm fans simply argue by refusing to give in to logic and by standing by extrapolated hyperbole. Same as arguing with 3-year olds -- you may be logically superior, but you will never get a 3-year old to accept that. As for master, he has his pros/cons, but only debates high cosmics. Storm will never be a high cosmic.

B.A
Originally posted by Ouallada
Not Storm the character, Galactus Storm or something. That was his name I think.

Ouallada
Originally posted by B.A
messed

Edited. My bad.

pr1983
galacticstorm... big phoenix/jean grey fan... knew his stuff, but was a mean drunk... sad

B.A
Can someone give me a link to a debate with them please?

But aren't we supposed to keep discussion out of this thread.

Ouallada
Oh, you meant GS, not the storm idiots. Search the phoenix threads with A LOT of posts. It does tend to degenerate into sniping though.

TricksterPriest
There's one sequence of posts that comes to mind. Awhile ago, Tazer posted a sequence of scans, which IMO, ended the long running debate on whether AM can destroy universes under his own power. Tazer's scan showed AM waking up and harnessing the power of Pariah's anti-matter to free himself and destroy Pariah's universe. Goober and a few other disputed it, but the question was resolved for many by Tazer's scans. Is that acceptable?

pr1983
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
There's one sequence of posts that comes to mind. Awhile ago, Tazer posted a sequence of scans, which IMO, ended the long running debate on whether AM can destroy universes under his own power. Tazer's scan showed AM waking up and harnessing the power of Pariah's anti-matter to free himself and destroy Pariah's universe. Goober and a few other disputed it, but the question was resolved for many by Tazer's scans. Is that acceptable?

it sounds alright...

assuming the thread goes ahead, be sure to give me the link...

SwindlingSmurph
It's doable, but with much work.

Recruit Charlotte for the job... she's always looking at old threads and debates.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by SwindlingSmurph
It's doable, but with much work.

Recruit Charlotte for the job... she's always looking at old threads and debates.
Guy does that as well.

SwindlingSmurph
Guy does that as well. Yes, but Guy would recommend every post. no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes, but Guy would recommend every post. no expression
*sighs* No Comment on that.

But I'm sure we all remember some post where someone just totally pwned, or came in and made a fool of someone, or proved outright, the superiorness of a character. Or a classic post where someone says someone is lying and another poster comes in and saves the day. Those will be the ones I recommend. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing

SwindlingSmurph
*sighs* No Comment on that. Lulz... no need to be defensive.

Guy's a friend... but Guy appreciates every post. erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Lulz... no need to be defensive.

Guy's a friend... but Guy appreciates every post. erm

I wasn't defensive at all. That was my way of agreeing and not saying so. See. there you made me say it. sad laughing laughing laughing

DigiMark007
I nominate myself in the really old Plastic Man vs. Hulk thread. I consider it my best bullsh*tting debating ever.

wink

SwindlingSmurph
I wasn't defensive at all. That was my way of agreeing and not saying so. See. there you made me say it. sad laughing laughing laughing Oh, I thought that was your "Oh-Em-Gee, i dun wanna freek owt on ur st8 @ss now, so im just gonna, lyke, sigh" sigh. ermmnone

nvrbeenwthagirl
Oh, I thought that was your "Oh-Em-Gee, i dun wanna freek owt on ur st8 @ss now, so im just gonna, lyke, sigh" sigh. ermmnone

I honestly had forgotten for a moment that I didn't like you. Thank you for reminding me. laughing laughing laughing

SwindlingSmurph
I honestly had forgotten for a moment that I didn't like you. Thank you for reminding me. laughing laughing laughing Well, I do try.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, I do try.

Two snaps and a Chorus of Lady Marmelade.

B.A
No offense but Guy isn't that bright. Hes nice but are we sure he doesn't lie about his age?

Charlotte would be good.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by B.A
No offense but Guy isn't that bright. Hes nice but are we sure he doesn't lie about his age?

Charlotte would be good.

And a hush falls over the Forum. confused confused confused

SwindlingSmurph
Two snaps and a Chorus of Lady Marmelade. Will and Jack only pulled that off because they were singing to a baby. The rest of us would stop paying attention after the first note.

DigiMark007
Guy's just got his own thing going. I highly doubt it has anything to do with intelligence or lack thereof. It's just a personal style. I agree he shouldn't be nominated to dig stuff up, but it's not from lack of respect...his choices are just...random.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Guy's just got his own thing going. I highly doubt it has anything to do with intelligence or lack thereof. It's just a personal style. I agree he shouldn't be nominated to dig stuff up, but it's not from lack of respect...his choices are just...random.

Well I nvr................................

And I nvrwillbewithagirlagain

B.A
Random is pretty accurate. Know I saw him curse at HC he other day. no expression

SwindlingSmurph
Originally posted by B.A
Random is pretty accurate. Know I saw him curse at HC he other day. no expression Not that big of a surprise.

Some people were talking trash about him in the OTF, and he told us he was ready to "cuss those cats out".

I actually think if anybody got into a fight with Guy, they'd get WTFpwned. Truth.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Not that big of a surprise.

Some people were talking trash about him in the OTF, and he told us he was ready to "cuss those cats out".

I actually think if anybody got into a fight with Guy, they'd get WTFpwned. Truth.

I'll cut a bytch up if they **** with Guy. For real Ghetto talk.

B.A
laughing out loud

Fear teh Guy. raver

darthgoober
Originally posted by B.A
Random is pretty accurate. Know I saw him curse at HC he other day. no expression
I've seen him do it to an extent here on KMC too before(he said something about Hulk beating the Hell out of someone or something like that). I actually looked out the window to see if the world was ending...

Mr. Slippyfist

Val
*sighs* No Comment on that.

But I'm sure we all remember some post where someone just totally pwned, or came in and made a fool of someone, or proved outright, the superiorness of a character. Or a classic post where someone says someone is lying and another poster comes in and saves the day. Those will be the ones I recommend. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing laughing
I'm guessing all those posts involve you, yes?

B.A
Originally posted by darthgoober
I've seen him do it to an extent here on KMC too before(he said something about Hulk beating the Hell out of someone or something like that). I actually looked out the window to see if the world was ending... laughing out loud

Its one of the signs of the apocalypse. We just interpreted the Bible wrong. no expression

DigiMark007
I'll try to find some old gems from older posters to recommend. The first person on the forum I considered to be a good debater is demigawd. Before tournaments revolutionized debating format, he was head and shoulders above most of us.

B.A
Find some Mungi posts.

In my team here I think I have found him to be the most organized poster here who always backs up with evidence.

You could seriously make a respect thread dedicated to his debates.

King Kandy
I'm veyr good at this sort of thing. Sign me up.

Ouallada
Originally posted by Val
I'm guessing all those posts involve you, yes?

Touche. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
I'm veyr good at this sort of thing. Sign me up. You do realize this thread was my idea. You wouldn't want to have anything to do with me now would you?

SwindlingSmurph
Originally posted by B.A
Find some Mungi posts.

In my team here I think I have found him to be the most organized poster here who always backs up with evidence.

You could seriously make a respect thread dedicated to his debates. I'd rank Spetznaz above him for organization, and Master as an equal for evidence.

Spetz always has evidence too, but nobody argues with him enough for him to need scans to prove he's right. srug

Val
Spetznaz = Master of Analogies

B.A
I'd rank Spetznaz above him for organization, and Master as an equal for evidence.

Spetz always has evidence too, but nobody argues with him enough for him to need scans to prove he's right. srug I don't know them so I am sticking with Mungi

Pics or it didn't happen. evil face

SwindlingSmurph
Originally posted by B.A
I don't know them so I am sticking with Mungi

Pics or it didn't happen. evil face I searched the username Spetznaz in the KMC search engine.

That's it. I still have little doubt this blows what most people bother to post on a regular basis out of the water.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A55774

B.A
Thats pretty good but I will have to check how he organises his scans and what not.

He is like a cross between Guy and Mungi know.

Val
I searched the username Spetznaz in the KMC search engine.

That's it. I still have little doubt this blows what most people bother to post on a regular basis out of the water.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?action=showresults&q=userid%3A55774
Originally posted by spetznaz
This is equivalent to a jet fighter being put into a car race against souped-up Honda Civics.
I'd say this is a battle between the meanest gnarliest yard dog you've ever seen (Beowulf) against the meanest gnarliest lion you've ever seen (Kratos).
Alan (as powerful as he may be) on this thread is like having a souped up Mazda Miata in a four-way race between a Bugatti Veyron, an Enzo Ferrari, and a Koennigsegg!
Lulz.

B.A
Originally posted by Val
Lulz. I lulzed twice.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val
Lulz. Master of analogies indeed.

TricksterPriest
Last time I saw Guy curse, was when the Lakers were considering trading Kobe. He said they were '****ing idiots'. durznuts I pinched myself immediately after that. laughing out loud

Also, I think Draco deserves to be on this list. Juntai and Avlon too.

B.A
Is this going to work?

Battlehammer
jinzin as well .

B.A
Who?

nvrbeenwthagirl
My God Spetnaz just posted an incredible scolding. And it was so well done and intelligent. It just has to be one of the opening posts for the Respect thread.

Val
A scolding? I think you're missing the point of this thread.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
A scolding? I think you're missing the point of this thread.

No i didn't. becuz it was still done in context of a debate. Thanks very much. Next time ask before assuming. You thought, and you thought WRONG. don't think so much.

Val
No i didn't. becuz it was still done in context of a debate. Thanks very much. Next time ask before assuming. You thought, and you thought WRONG. don't think so much.
laughing out loud

Seriously, what is your problem? Do you even know how to have a normal conversation?

f) Last but not least, and I can't stress this enough… No matter how good the post is, bashing (to an extent of course) will disqualify the post straight away.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
laughing out loud

Seriously, what is your problem? Do you even know how to have a normal conversation?

f) Last but not least, and I can't stress this enough… No matter how good the post is, bashing (to an extent of course) will disqualify the post straight away.

And Spez nvr once bashed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val
laughing out loud

f) Last but not least, and I can't stress this enough… No matter how good the post is, bashing (to an extent of course) will disqualify the post straight away. thumb up

Scoobless
I think there should be a Scoobless respect thread .... any volunteers to start one?

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
When is this thing gonna get going?

pr1983
Sorry guys, ive been a bit behind lately, ill get this going as soon as possible...

Cap'n Happy
This sounds great- I just hope there will be a little impartiality and objectivity in deciding who/what gets in. I am a very new poster here and (like many others, I presume) I lack a "peanut gallery" to cheer my every word. Hopefully, those of us without a network of friends will get a shot.
I like to write. I'm pretty good at it, and I think it shows. I also love comic books- I've been reading them for almost forty years now (yes, I am "old"- forty five), and I think this shows, too. I just love comics, and I have a deep knowledge of the medium.
As for my post's, I try and make them coherent, and I try to inject a little humor. I try not to get into nasty pissing matches or play games of one upsmanship- but I don't shy away from a good battle of wits. There are a lot of others here who do the same- and THEY are what keep me coming back. I think quality of writing should be a big part of the decision making process.
Anyway, it will be interesting to watch this all play out.

Amp
Nah your posts tend to suck. No offense. no expression

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Amp
Nah your posts tend to suck. No offense. no expression

None taken. I don't know if yours suck- I don't remember any of them off hand (by the way, it's nice that you know mine), I'll keep my eye open for you. You're entitled to your opinion.

Amp
It was a joke.

I don't really remember any of yours.

Wonder Man
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.