German Official Wants nation wide Scientology Ban

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
"Germany could be asked to ban the U.S.-based Church of Scientology under a Hamburg security official's proposal that contends the group violates human rights."

full article here

Robtard
John Travolta and Tom Cruise will not be happy, NOT HAPPY!

If they can prove that it "violates human rights", then they have a case to do so.

=Tired Hiker=
I don't know much about Scientology, but as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, then I don't see the problem with it. However, the German government's opinion on it . . . . like the article said, "The United States has said that Germany discriminates against some religious groups, including Scientology, that Germany does not recognize as a religion."

Hey, wudda ya gonna do? srug

Robtard
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I don't know much about Scientology, but as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, then I don't see the problem with it. However, the German government's opinion on it . . . . like the article said, "The United States has said that Germany discriminates against some religious groups, including Scientology, that Germany does not recognize as a religion."

Hey, wudda ya gonna do? srug

WTF, I thought you were a OTF dweller.

Anyhow, Scientology, besides being "like a religion", is also very much like a pyramid scheme, which is (probably) one of the reasons Germany is against it. The U.K. had/has it's problems with Scientology, Russia did too, they flat out said no to it.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Robtard
John Travolta and Tom Cruise will not be happy, NOT HAPPY!

If they can prove that it "violates human rights", then they have a case to do so. Dude, the middle east have been getting away with violating human rights, why can't Germany?

Bardock42
Actually I don't recall the right to form a Religion being a human right.

Robtard
Originally posted by lord xyz
Dude, the middle east have been getting away with violating human rights, why can't Germany?

No, no and no... Germany would be using that as a grounds against allowing Scientology, not the other way around.

Quiero Mota
Didn't Germany already once try to wipe out a religion not too long ago? What's this guy thinking?

Robtard
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Didn't Germany already once try to wipe out a religion not too long ago? What's this guy thinking?

In a sense, Hitler tried, that is besides the point though. What this guy is doing if far different, he's not trying to replace an established religion with an ideology, he's trying to prevent a grand scale pyramid scheme (which is what Scientology is, imo) from entering his country.

WrathfulDwarf
Isn't this intolerance and discrimination?

*reads more carefully*

Oh, Germany....nvm.

lil bitchiness
However, if the religion came from somewhere other than West and if it was practiced by minorities, then suggesting a ban would mean you are a biggot, racist Nazi...ZOMG logic prevails!

BackFire
Another case where Germany is right.

The other case, I'll let you figure that out.

jaden101
Originally posted by BackFire
Another case where German is right.

the one about the france's mum?

BackFire
No

jaden101
No

damn it...i thought i'd won a goldfish

BackFire
Cockfish, maybe.

ragesRemorse
Another case where Germany is right.

bratwurst?

jaden101
Cockfish, maybe.

then again

Kram3r
Even though Scientology maybe classified as a religion it's merely for tax exemption purposes. It's nothing but absolute brainwashing money sucking scheme. I would very happy if it got banned in Germany.

Storm
The minister of justice refused Scientology as a candidate for the status of recognized religion over here. They are also involved in a fraud investigation.

Bicnarok

Sadako of Girth
That and they run their pyramid like the mafia...
From what Ive seen of these loons, Germany, freedoms debate aside, is in the right here.. Cause of the money-making psuedocriminality in the "religion's" leaders, to condone it would seem like aiding and abetting fraudsters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.