Walt Disney

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tramps Lady
Today was his birthday, so i thought i'd pay tribute to the man who started the ride, who brought this trilogy to lifebig grin

willofthewisp
Disney was a creative genius and one of my heroes. People say bad things about him, but he was a good guy who made a lot of kids happy and gave them great stories, movies, and rides. Huzzah!

SelinaAndBruce
I got respect for Disney's genius but he probably was a shitty person too. I mean everyone has their flaws

savvysparrowluv
Gosh, I didn't realize it was his birthday - thanks for posting this! I was born and spent my early life right outside Orlando and Walt Disneyworld - he brought so many smiles to the world, I think its awesome wink

Tramps Lady
i was on imdb, and i saw a dude in the "birthday" thingy, and it said "walt disney" and im like MUST POST ON KMC!!!

Sifzensinril
lol, but I didn't liked fairy tales very much, I still find some of them stupid nowadays

Tramps Lady
:O sif!!! lmao....i love all fairy tales:P

for some unknown reason......while writing that, all i could think of was lady and the tramp

Sifzensinril
I don't like Cindarela, Snow White and so, but I totaly hate the Sleeping Beauty, I find it simply stupid, imagine, you fall to sleep in 1907 in corset... 100 hundred years passed, you overslept two world wars and now you wake up, in 2007, word is full of cars, computers and plastic, and your corseted shape is out-of-date. can you still imagine you would live happilly ever after? I can't.

Tramps Lady
never looked at it that way...i love lady and the tramp and lion king....big grin

aelizabeth
I love Disney films.
I was in english class and we were having a discussion about i making a film like Pocahontas, based on real historical people, and altering what really happened in history is morally wrong. John Smith wasn't really gorgeous, and he and Pocahontas never really fell in love, and all that. Most of my class was saying Pocahontas was wrong, and helping promote ignorance in young children. I can see where they're coming from, but...I like Pocahontas!

T.Maria
did anyone like 'the fox and the hound' ???

I swear, i may be 20 years old, but i STILL cry whenever I see the part where the woman is taking the fox into the forest to leave him there sad

But i agree with sif, to be honest smile
HATED sleeping beauty, Beauty and the Beast...and I really wasn't partial to cinderella either (and prince charming wasnt all that nice looking lol smile)

I love a bit of tug-o-war with my love stories... a little suspence and tension big grin 'Love that can never be' and all that bollocks lol.

That is the exact reason for why i HATE willabeth, but im inlove with sparrabeth big grin

P.S:

Was anyone NOT scared by the witch in snow white??? I mean, seriously lol smile

Tramps Lady
to be honest, never seen it

T.Maria
*gasp*

Snow white???
Alas! I love that film smile The dwarfs make me laugh big grin

savvysparrowluv
Maleficent in Sleepy Beauty scared the crap out of me as a little kid, lol. The whole "hearing voices" thing? *shudder*

I agree with you, T.Maria - forbidden love is sooo much better and seems more passionate onscreen. I'm really anti-prince charming right now for some reason, maybe its just a phase or maybe its just the Sparrabethness leaking over stick out tongue

Aw, I cry during Fox and the Hound and *always* cry during the Lion King (*sniff*). Brother Bear was really sad too, at least I thought it was...

tee_pirategirl
That witch was seriously creepy with her apples...I'd personally rather be stuck with barbossa!!
I'm more of an Aladdin person mysef. Huzzah for walt disney for making it al possible though.

T.Maria
Originally posted by savvysparrowluv
Maleficent in Sleepy Beauty scared the crap out of me as a little kid, lol. The whole "hearing voices" thing? *shudder*

Ah....yeah... i have to admit, that did freak me out a little lol! smile

But I have this hatred towards films where the lead characters fall inlove too quickly without there being any tension....

for example:

I watched 'the body guard' for the first time last week...

everyone percieves this as the 'ultimate' love story, especially with kevin costner willing to die for whitney houston...and that bloody over played song that gets irritatingly stuck in my head whenever i hear it lol.

But the film isnt really the 'ultimate' love story...for me, they fall inlove far too quickly...

Same with titanic...the fact that the romance lasted what? 3 days before the boat sank? lol smile im not a believer lol.

But back to disney....

Dont get me wrong, i love the man and i think hes a genious...but i think disney's views are out dated nowadays confused

aelizabeth
i agree, but he didn't live nowadays and i think that that fact can account for some of his views, although it doesn't excuse them. I really like his films, and I agree with savvysparrowluv. Not really digging Prince Charming right now. Forbidden love is so much better in so many ways. Makes for an interesting plot, tension, passion, the fear that they won't be able to continue. Yeah...awesome.

katelovespirate
fox and the hound like, ruined my life when i was kid. lol.

hated snow white. Seriously hated it. maybe i just hated her voice.

Favs? Aladdin (my childhood crush, LOVE HIM), Jungle Book (love the music!) Beauty and the Beast (again, love the music, the whole thing was just beautiful, i cry every time i watch it... maybe my favorite)... and of course, Hercules!!! i didn't like it when it came out, but it rapidly grew on me. I think Meg is the disney girl I identify most with out of the animated series.

its amazing how disney single-handedly changed so many views on love... happily ever after... all that. quite a legacy.

willofthewisp
I think the Disney princesses get a bad rep. I mean, yeah, Snow White is annoying and childish and has a piercing voice, but I think Cinderella has a lot of positive qualities that people overlook, and Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and the ladies that followed showed that even though a girl does need rescuing now and then, she can take care of herself and can even save her man.

My favorites are:
Cinderella
Lady and the Tramp
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King (watched once a day once it was out)
Mulan...the end of the great Disney movies

PirateDiva
Happy Be-lated Birthday Walt Disney!!

I am the true definition of a Disney Princess Lover!!! I've loved Disneyland and the Princess for as long as I can remember and I will always love them!! This is my room Now:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/pinkdiva71803/My_RoOm.jpg

and I'm almost 22 years old!! lol
I dont know what i would have done without the world that Walt Disney created!

Tramps Lady
whoot whoot piratediva lol

My faves are:
Lady and the tramp (all time favourite)
Lion King (All time fave too)
Cinderella
THUMBELINA!!!!
The Little Mermaid 1 and 2
Aladin

I Hated:
Lion King 2 (I screamed and ran away watchin a bit of it, never watched it again lol)
Sleeping beauty (didnt see how it was a happy ever after)

there many more for both lists;P

PirateDiva
Sleeping Beauty is one of my favs just cause I love that it takes place in the Medieval/Renassiance era!

I also love the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast!

Sifzensinril
Oh, I forgot, I maybe liked The Little Mermaid, especially that Fish. but I don't know if I saw it like movie or if it was like TV serie or something like that

and I watch sometimes Chip and Dale, when I wake up too early at the weekends

texgodiva2s
ImpPiDiva--what a big big sweet heart you have, darlin' woman! (Savvy tm <huggles>to you).

Y'all afore there were the ones you spoke of there was "Old Yeller" and you wanna see cry for days as an 8 year old baby piratista, damn--still get all misty eyed. There was also Fess Parker as Davy Crockett, calm, kind, leather buckskins (oh, my!!) legs for days, gentle deadly--and LONG JOHN SILVER--scared me to pieces, but it was deliciously pirate!!

The animated are nice--Lady and the Tramp, with the meatball scene, a different time. Prince Charming wasn't cool back in the day--who wants a happy ever whatever? Jungle Book was nice, cos I had read the stories.

So yeah, Happy Birthday Walt--in the old scenes where he would introduce the Sunday night shows, supposedly he had hung his dishonorable discharge papers framed, way before, don't ask don't tell.

T.Maria
the little mermaid!
how could i forget!!!!!
I LOVED that film!!! big grin big grinbig grinbig grin

beautiful room, diva!!! big grin it makes my plain old boring one look ...well...plain, old and boring lol smile

zac_depp_is_luv
omfg! im so jealous of your room PD!!!! i love u even more now!!

aelizabeth
My dream room would be a mixture between Disney, PotC, and Harry Potter. And that would probably look really weird. Oh well.

Did anybody else get scared during Bambi? I mean, his mother and some birds were shot, and that big fire...*shudders*

savvysparrowluv
My room is kinda a jungle right now, but I really want to change it - i've kinda outgrown it. I dream of having a caribbean style room, with a full mural of the ocean *sigh*. That, or a french style room would be awesome, lol stick out tongue

Hm...I was a little scared when watching Bambi, but mostly just sad sad

Sifzensinril
my room is... everyone goes through my room, I have white walls, one small painting of boat there and another big paining of forest, and so, I don't think I'll ever stop hate my room

PirateDiva
Originally posted by T.Maria
the little mermaid!
how could i forget!!!!!
I LOVED that film!!! big grin big grinbig grinbig grin

beautiful room, diva!!! big grin it makes my plain old boring one look ...well...plain, old and boring lol smile

Originally posted by zac_depp_is_luv
omfg! im so jealous of your room PD!!!! i love u even more now!!

lol...Thankee love ya too!!!!!! lol...my mom made me the Backboard with the crown...lol...it was a surprise, to her I'm still her little princess!

and Ya BAMBI scarred me for life!!! watched it once then never watched it again!

Tramps Lady
the only disney movie i got scared throughout was lion king 2 lmao.
I cried and screamed and ran into my room as fast as i could....never watched it again lmao...never even saw the ending.

I dont remember bambi that much at all though

savvysparrowluv
Lol, why were you scared?

Tramps Lady
i think there was a fight or sumthing that i got scared in...but it was like 5 years ago....when i was 8 big grin

savvysparrowluv
Aw sad I remember watching that when it came out...i can't remember how old I was tho stick out tongue

IheartPocky
Your room is so pretty, Diva! hehe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.