The songstress/summoner, Lenne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/nurikochen/final%20fantasy%20x2/ff2_lenne_sing.jpg

Lenne was a minor character in Final Fantasy X-2, but she plays a major role in the storyline.

Who is Lenne?

A famous singer-summoner from Zanarkand during the age of the Machina War. She was also romantically involved with Shuyin. She was forced to the front lines to fight along with the other summoners in the city. Both she and Shuyin expected that the hopelessly overpowered Zanarkand would fall and that she would die in battle.

Thus, Shuyin would attempt using the ultimate machina weapon, Vegnagun, to defeat Bevelle and save her life. However, she was unwilling to allow him to take the lives of many others for her sake and asked him to stop just as he was about to make of use the behemoth machina. He consented to her request, but the two were not shown the same mercy by their oppressors, and were promptly gunned down by Bevelle soldiers.

Upon her death, her spirit was somehow crystallized into the Songstress Dressphere, which contains her memories. Over the course of the game, Lenne attempts to communicate with Yuna, whose Songtress outfit is identical to Lenne's attire. Yuna begins to feel Lenne's presence and feelings more and more until they explode on stage, showing Lenne's final moments alive. It was because Yuna unknowingly served as Lenne's host that Shuyin only saw Lenne rather than Yuna herself whenever she donned her Songtress outfit.

Using that fact, YRP (YuRiPa) attempt to reason with Shuyin by telling him Lenne's unsaid feelings. However, since Lenne's presence in Yuna had weakened, Shuyin became enraged and believed that Yuna and her friends had been deceiving him. After Shuyin is defeated, Lenne separates herself from Yuna and finally fades with Shuyin while thanking Yuna for helping her.

An interesting note regarding Lenne's status as Summoner is that she lived in a pre-Sin Zanarkand, prior to its destruction. Thus, Sin could not have existed at the time, nor could the Fayth, and subsequently, Aeons. This means her Summoner position is a plot hole or poorly explained.

In an interesting sidenote, her voice was done by Kouda Kumi in the Japanese version, and Cree Summer (who did the voice of Kitana in the Mortal Kombat cartoons) in the English version.

Ozone
She's pretty.

Lana
Yay Lenne!

I may not be the world's biggest fan of FFX-2, but I do love Lenne.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Ozone
She's pretty.

Yeah, she is.

Snafu the Great
1000 words.

4poJJu-ZH-0

Sol Valentine
Man, only if she was playable.

Wandering Flame
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weep

I first thought no one posted in here!! sad

I was busy writing up a f*cking research paper...DAMN IT!!! I LOVE THIS THREAD SO MUCH!!!!!

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/nurikochen/final%20fantasy%20x2/ff2_lenne_sing.jpg

Lenne was a minor character in Final Fantasy X-2, but she plays a major role in the storyline.

Who is Lenne?

A famous singer-summoner from Zanarkand during the age of the Machina War. She was also romantically involved with Shuyin. She was forced to the front lines to fight along with the other summoners in the city. Both she and Shuyin expected that the hopelessly overpowered Zanarkand would fall and that she would die in battle.

Thus, Shuyin would attempt using the ultimate machina weapon, Vegnagun, to defeat Bevelle and save her life. However, she was unwilling to allow him to take the lives of many others for her sake and asked him to stop just as he was about to make of use the behemoth machina. He consented to her request, but the two were not shown the same mercy by their oppressors, and were promptly gunned down by Bevelle soldiers.

Upon her death, her spirit was somehow crystallized into the Songstress Dressphere, which contains her memories. Over the course of the game, Lenne attempts to communicate with Yuna, whose Songtress outfit is identical to Lenne's attire. Yuna begins to feel Lenne's presence and feelings more and more until they explode on stage, showing Lenne's final moments alive. It was because Yuna unknowingly served as Lenne's host that Shuyin only saw Lenne rather than Yuna herself whenever she donned her Songtress outfit.

Using that fact, YRP (YuRiPa) attempt to reason with Shuyin by telling him Lenne's unsaid feelings. However, since Lenne's presence in Yuna had weakened, Shuyin became enraged and believed that Yuna and her friends had been deceiving him. After Shuyin is defeated, Lenne separates herself from Yuna and finally fades with Shuyin while thanking Yuna for helping her.

An interesting note regarding Lenne's status as Summoner is that she lived in a pre-Sin Zanarkand, prior to its destruction. Thus, Sin could not have existed at the time, nor could the Fayth, and subsequently, Aeons. This means her Summoner position is a plot hole or poorly explained.

In an interesting sidenote, her voice was done by Kouda Kumi in the Japanese version, and Cree Summer (who did the voice of Kitana in the Mortal Kombat cartoons) in the English version. hug hug tighthug

Originally posted by Lana
I may not be the world's biggest fan of FFX-2, but I do love Lenne. You're probably one of the biggest FFX-2 haters seeing as you go far enough as to say only two songs in the X-2 soundtrack are good.

Originally posted by Ozone
She's pretty. As usual you point out the obvious..

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
1000 words.

4poJJu-ZH-0 This is really my post but whatever...313

One of the best VG songs ever, period, hands down, shut up. 131

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Man, only if she was playable. It would be just like Yuna with her songstress dress sphere. 313

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.