Time Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyond Image
does anybody know (of course somebody does) how many years it would be if i were to ?calculate? the years from 14 A.D. to 1513?

do i place A.D. after 1513 or do i place B.C. after it? and if so, how do i measure that time?

thank you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Beyond Image
does anybody know (of course somebody does) how many years it would be if i were to ?calculate? the years from 14 A.D. to 1513?

do i place A.D. after 1513 or do i place B.C. after it? and if so, how do i measure that time?

thank you. It would be just years. 1499 (if 1513 is AD) or 1526 (if 1513 is BC) to be exact

AD and BC are relative measurements from the year 0. The interval between two dates would just be called years.

And if I should have misunderstood your question, which I likely have, then it depends. 1513 could be either AD or BC, it would have to be specified before you can calculate it though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
It would be just years. 1499 (if 1513 is AD) or 1526 (if 1513 is BC) to be exact

AD and BC are relative measurements from the year 0. The interval between two dates would just be called years.

And if I should have misunderstood your question, which I likely have, then it depends. 1513 could be either AD or BC, it would have to be specified before you can calculate it though.

I thought that the first AD year started with "1". In other words...there is not such thing as 0 AD or 0 BC...in other words...0 BC is actually 1 AD.

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071203052418AAVExa5

*looks at Bardock's answer*

hmm, it looks like you calculated it correctly..."1513+14-1"

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I thought that the first AD year started with "1". In other words...there is not such thing as 0 AD or 0 BC...in other words...0 BC is actually 1 AD.

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071203052418AAVExa5

*looks at Bardock's answer*

hmm, it looks like you calculated it correctly..."1513+14-1"

Yes, I meant 0 is the reference point. It's not a year of course.

Bicnarok

inimalist
lol

Time isn't an illusion. For instance, I did not type this post all at once. For time to be an illusion, it would have had to been instantly thought of, produced and read.

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
lol

Time isn't an illusion. For instance, I did not type this post all at once. For time to be an illusion, it would have had to been instantly thought of, produced and read. He has a point though. that might very well have been an illusion.

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
lol

Time isn't an illusion. For instance, I did not type this post all at once. For time to be an illusion, it would have had to been instantly thought of, produced and read.

Not if it was an illusion...

Also, for all you know, we are 7 dimensional beings being projected onto a reality where we are only aware of four dimensions.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by dadudemon
Not if it was an illusion...

Also, for all you know, we are 7 dimensional beings being projected onto a reality where we are only aware of four dimensions.

Really, can't you just live life without thinking up of sophisticated things like that?

Symmetric Chaos

thank you.

From 1513 BC to AD 14 would be 1527 years.

From AD 14 to AD 1513 would be 1499 years.

Anything that occurs after "year 0" the point on the Gregorian calendar when Jesus was calculated to have been born is AD. Anything before that is BC.

Shinde Imasu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
From 1513 BC to AD 14 would be 1527 years.

From AD 14 to AD 1513 would be 1499 years.

Anything that occurs after "year 0" the point on the Gregorian calendar when Jesus was calculated to have been born is AD. Anything before that is BC.

Oh, well, we all just got told, didn't we?

King Kandy

dadudemon
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Really, can't you just live life without thinking up of sophisticated things like that?

No...movies/life would be dull if I didn't do that...

Robtard

thank you.

Since Bardock answered your question, here's two historical points of notice.

Augustus Caesar, first Roman Emperor died in 14 AD

Ponce De Leon landed in Florida in 1513 AD

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shinde Imasu
Oh, well, we all just got told, didn't we?

I imagine it would have been rather more dramatic if I hadn't been beaten to the punch.

Shinde Imasu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I imagine it would have been rather more dramatic if I hadn't been beaten to the punch.

Yeah, probably, but still.

addicted2flicks

thank you.

That's kinda hard. I really have no idea. lol

Katsu
Hahhaha Time. Time does not exist.

There exists only now.

Shinde Imasu
In my opinion (I really should have put this in earlier) time isn't an illusion. The way time is interpreted is an illusion (I mean minutes, seconds and so on).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.