Monarch Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rorschach
Monarch seemed to be pretty powerful in Countdown Arena 01. Does he have what it takes to put down Thanos?

Erik-Lensherr
Judgind by what he showed and what was stated until now, yes.

Estacado
He pimpslapped alot of Superman's.
Monarch ftw.

Galan007
Originally posted by Rorschach
Monarch seemed to be pretty powerful in Countdown Arena 01. Does he have what it takes to put down Thanos? Absolutely.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hell yeah. HE is more powerful than all of the supermen combined. Some of the superman are more powerful than the new eart one.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. Shocking. none

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm shocked. none I just read the issue. He seems powerful but come on so is Thanos. So he intimidated some alternate universe heroes. They are being written to fail for the most part.

SevenShackles
Monarch does Thanos a favor and sends him to his beloved =P
Monarch FTW>

quanchi112
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Monarch does Thanos a favor and sends him to his beloved =P
Monarch FTW> Nah Thanos's back wont be turned and he wasnt made to kill Thanos.

Estacado
Monarch gathers the Draxes from the Multiverse and they kill Thanos for him.....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Monarch gathers the Draxes from the Multiverse and they kill Thanos for him..... They arent in the dc multiverse. smile

Estacado
Then he just teleports Drax to the battlefield 1 is more than enough to kill Thanos.....

quanchi112
Then he just teleports Drax to the battlefield 1 is more than enough to kill Thanos..... Drax would lose as Thanos's back wouldnt be turned. At least you admit you dont have any faith in Monarch and that he would need someone else to fight his battle for him.

Estacado
Nah.
He would teleport him behind Thanos......he won't waste his time on a loser who get's owned by the Fantastic Four.

SevenShackles
Drax would lose as Thanos's back wouldnt be turned. At least you admit you dont have any faith in Monarch and that he would need someone else to fight his battle for him.

"back wouldn't be turned" i don't think that would be an issue if monarch isnt as selective and just floods Thanos with Drax. surrounded someones bound to catch him at some point. monarch isn't recruiting these guys hes just using them as weapons so it wouldn't be as selective. not 5, not 6 not 7, but many many more.

and its less saying monarch cant do it, rather than him using the right 'tools' to do it possibly faster and more effortless. if it came down to it and thanos slaughters the drax army monarch would step in and take care of biz.

Gecko4lif
Monarch crushes him

Galan007
Then he just teleports Drax to the battlefield 1 is more than enough to kill Thanos..... rofl2

grey fox
How many Kals were backhanded ?

nvrbeenwthagirl
How about monarch blew up an entire continenent and didn't even flinch. And then says the next person who ****s up is gonna lose thier planet. ha. that was rich.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos is a pussy compared to Monarch.

grey fox
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
How about monarch blew up an entire continenent and didn't even flinch. And then says the next person who ****s up is gonna lose thier planet. ha. that was rich.

Holy shit.

I need scannzors !

Please ?

Estacado
"I've become more than all the Supermen in the entire Multiverse combined":

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_monarch1.jpg

----------

Destroys the Country -- with a gesture:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_monarch2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_monarch3.jpg

grey fox

Who was lecturing to ?

DEAR GOD I hope they release arena as a TPB

nvrbeenwthagirl
The blast radius actually covers america, canada, and most of mexico.

Avlon
Thanos would have issues with one Superman...much less someone who is supposedly more powerful than 52 of them.

Specially when you cound a GL Superman, KC Superman, Majestic, and SuperMAN amongst them.

Translation: Thanos gets owned.

quanchi112
Nah.
He would teleport him behind Thanos......he won't waste his time on a loser who get's owned by the Fantastic Four. That wasnt 616 Thanos. big grin

Get with the times brother.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
Thanos would have issues with one Superman...much less someone who is supposedly more powerful than 52 of them.

Specially when you cound a GL Superman, KC Superman, Majestic, and SuperMAN amongst them.

Translation: Thanos gets owned. Mah Thanos>>>>>any old Superman. The guy got crushed by shadow demons. He got raped by Cyborg. I mean face it Supes has been getting his ass kicked lately.

Ps. He cant even beat Orion. smile

quanchi112
Thanos is a pussy compared to Monarch. You meant to say Darkseid right becuz Thanos doesnt flee from top tiers sorry thats Darkseid. wink

You must have gotten the two threads confused.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Monarch crushes him Nah. Thanos could handle this fool. He is just beating on rip off characters. Lets not get crazy here people.

Estacado
Nah. Thanos could handle this fool. He is just beating on rip off characters. Lets not get crazy here people.
No he can't.
He can't even handle the FF.

TricksterPriest

Translation: Thanos gets owned.

blink Was that Red Son Supes he just bitched?

Quan: YOU FAIL. Thanos would have trouble with 1 or 2 Supermen. Monarch slapped 6 aside in that picture, and claims to be more powerful than all 52........

Thanos isn't that powerful. Darkseid isn't that strong either, so far. Monarch is skyfatherlevel, maybe higher.........

Soljer
Monarch most definitely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Quan: YOU FAIL. Thanos would have trouble with 1 or 2 Supermen. Monarch slapped 6 aside in that picture, and claims to be more powerful than all 52........

Thanos isn't that powerful. Darkseid isn't that strong either, so far. Monarch is skyfatherlevel, maybe higher......... Thanos hung with Odin the biggest baddest skyfather out there. That was before his latest amp.

Again Im sure he could take out the real Superman but that one carries much more weight than these pretenders. Monarch is powerful as shit but then again so is Thanos.

TricksterPriest
Thanos hung with Odin the biggest baddest skyfather out there. That was before his latest amp.

Again Im sure he could take out the real Superman but that one carries much more weight than these pretenders. Monarch is powerful as shit but then again so is Thanos.

Actually, his taking out Red Son and a few of those other guys carries MORE weight than if he had beaten the New Earth one.

Unlike in Marvel AFAIK, DC occasionally fleshes out their What-Ifs for more than 1 issue. Quite a few of those guys have feats, some of them are more powerful than New Earth Supes. And with the advent of the 52 and most of these universe having become canon, that puts Monarch on a very high pedastal if he's really more powerful than all of them.

UniOmni
Weird.

Where are these comics that put forth the evidence that Thanos would have trouble with an elite top tier?

Estacado
Thanos hung with Odin the biggest baddest skyfather out there. That was before his latest amp.

Blah blah blah another 10-20 minutes and Thanos would get creamed.He was pretty much the punching bag in that fight.

Soljer
Originally posted by UniOmni
Weird.

Where are these comics that put forth the evidence that Thanos would have trouble with an elite top tier?

Weird.

Where did you get the notion that Monarch is merely an elite top tier?

quanchi112
Actually, his taking out Red Son and a few of those other guys carries MORE weight than if he had beaten the New Earth one.

Unlike in Marvel AFAIK, DC occasionally fleshes out their What-Ifs for more than 1 issue. Quite a few of those guys have feats, some of them are more powerful than New Earth Supes. And with the advent of the 52 and most of these universe having become canon, that puts Monarch on a very high pedastal if he's really more powerful than all of them. He claimed that and everyone agrees with it. We havent seen it on panel have we? Havent we ever seen a villain overexagerrate his powers before.

Again one issue came out and people want to give Monarch the win. That easily to. I think its ridiculous.

quanchi112
Blah blah blah another 10-20 minutes and Thanos would get creamed.He was pretty much the punching bag in that fight. That was before his final amp.

smile

UniOmni
Weirder.

I haven't bothered to gauge Monarch yet.

My question was posed to those that are saying Thanos would have problems with one Superman.

What evidence is there that Thanos would have such issues?

Cuz the comics aren't saying that, leastwise to me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Weirder.

My question was posed to those that are saying Thanos would have problems with one Superman.

They do to me. Superman has far more strength feats than anyone I've ever seen thanos fight. I haven't seen anyone with all that speed who acctually uses it in fights, get pwned by thanos either.

Red Shift
They do to me. Superman has far more strength feats than anyone I've ever seen thanos fight. I haven't seen anyone with all that speed who acctually uses it in fights, get pwned by thanos either.

It's a good thing quantity and quality aren't the same thing.

Red Shift

Thanos isn't that powerful. Darkseid isn't that strong either, so far. Monarch is skyfatherlevel, maybe higher.........

I'd ask you to prove that, but you wouldn't so much as stick around for the discussion.

Avlon
Weirder.

You've flipped flopped on this issue more than Kerry did at the last presidential election. smile

What example has Thanos shown without prep or some sort of running away that he's physically superior to supes?

What I will agree with is that it's too early to gauge Monarch accurately. We just have the sense of implied power.

Avlon
No he can't.
He can't even handle the FF.

Or Ka-zar
Squirrel girl
Drax (current)
Thick smoke.

laughing

quanchi112
They do to me. Superman has far more strength feats than anyone I've ever seen thanos fight. I haven't seen anyone with all that speed who acctually uses it in fights, get pwned by thanos either. Superman is slightly greater than Thor. Thanos laughs at thee. Thanos is better than any top tier at there. Hes above top tier.

UniOmni
You've flipped flopped on this issue more than Kerry did at the last presidential election. smile

What example has Thanos shown without prep or some sort of running away that he's physically superior to supes?

What I will agree with is that it's too early to gauge Monarch accurately. We just have the sense of implied power.

He whoops on people in Supermans tier without fail.

And Kazaar has been retconned, iirc.

SquirelGirl has a flawless record, so no shame in losing to her.

Drax was made to kill Thanos, and it was alluded that he's the silver bullet to the werewolf of Thanos. No shame there.

You haven't brought up a single example that really makes Thanos look bad.

He backhanded Prof Hulk and Dumb Drax into submission.

He manhandled Thor, killing him in one showing that was changed by events later in the arc.

He nearly killed Surfer, one of the most durable top tiers with a few blows.

Superman enraged couldn't kill Batman.

That is all the proof i need.

Thanos isn't Darkseid.

He doesn't lose to top tiers.

He dominates them.

quanchi112
Or Ka-zar
Squirrel girl
Drax (current)
Thick smoke.

laughing Ok clone
ridiculous comic where the rest of the gang fights trees
cheapshot plus was created to kill Thanos
Not 616 Thanos.

Is that all you got.

Shadow demons
cant beat Orion
Raped by Cyborg

Kutulu

Avlon got owned. herbdance

quanchi112

Drax was made to kill Thanos, and it was alluded that he's the silver bullet to the werewolf of Thanos. No shame there.

He manhandled Thor, killing him in one showing that was changed by events later in the arc.

Thanos isn't Darkseid.

He dominates them. This is ownage.

Avlon

Thanos isn't Darkseid.

He dominates them.

Yes....Thanos really dominated Morg. I'm sure he planned to yell for help from his back being on the floor.

Against Ka-zar it was the real Thanos as per Marvel.com history.

Backhanding is not a victory... Supes has backhanded plenty of people...LOL

Thanos loses to smoke and the IW.

Thanos slap couldn't kill Captain America.

See how easy it is to play?

quanchi112
Yes....Thanos really dominated Morg. I'm sure he planned to yell for help from his back being on the floor.

Against Ka-zar it was the real Thanos as per Marvel.com history.

Backhanding is not a victory... Supes has backhanded plenty of people...LOL

Thanos loses to smoke and the IW.

Thanos slap couldn't kill Captain America.

See how easy it is to play? See youdont really know Thanos it was a clone that faced kazar. It has been retconed but if you want to deny it and live in your own world fine by me.

Thanos fought Morg for two seconds and was fine. So you count this as a loss for Thanos,why?

The 616 Thanos didnt lose to smoke its another Thanos. smile

Thanos did take out cap maerican with a thought. He also lowered his godhood just to make it interesting.

He still won.

stick out tongue

Avlon

And we can add this to your other brilliant deduction of Classic Rogue = SBP. smile

Avlon
See youdont really know Thanos it was a clone that faced kazar. It has been retconed but if you want to deny it and live in your own world fine by me.

Thanos fought Morg for two seconds and was fine. So you count this as a loss for Thanos,why?

The 616 Thanos didnt lose to smoke its another Thanos. smile

Thanos did take out cap maerican with a thought. He also lowered his godhood just to make it interesting.

He still won.

stick out tongue

Hmmm...winning would imply he has the gauntlet.

Being on the floor begging for help is not a winning situation.

Thanos slap wasn't powerful enough to kill Captain America. By Uni's example (LOL CLASSIC ROGUE!!!) that makes him weak.

Estacado
And we can add this to your other brilliant deduction of Classic Rogue = SBP. smile
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9466/44189381ac7.jpg

Avlon

laughing out loud

UniOmni

Wow.

I'm actually laughing cuz when i first saw it, i wondered what Xmen arc did i miss.

Not a bad shop, until you see the muscled manboy body her head is attached to.

I'm actually flattered someone went to the trouble.

To Avlon....

Proof is in the panel.

He smacked him, he choked him, and he unleashed hv on him after he thought he killed Lois.

And Batman was back in the cave and at the computer later that night with dinner from Alfie.

An enraged Superman couldn't kill Batman.

Deathstroke
Monarch

Val
Lulz.

Avlon
To Avlon....

Proof is in the panel.

He smacked him, he choked him, and he unleashed hv on him after he thought he killed Lois.

And Batman was back in the cave and at the computer later that night with dinner from Alfie.

An enraged Superman couldn't kill Batman.

After WW played defense and blocked and the highly advanced tech healed him.

A slap from thanos couldn't kill Captain America.

Seriously...why does your example make that whole event sound so dirty/kinky? I'll never read that arc again. sick

Gecko4lif
After WW played defense and blocked and the highly advanced tech healed him.

A slap from thanos couldn't kill Captain America.

Seriously...why does your example make that whole event sound so dirty/kinky? I'll never read that arc again. sick

A slap from thanos did kill captain america....

quanchi112
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9466/44189381ac7.jpg Here comes the troll. Bringing up old shit to try and stir shit up again.

quanchi112
Hmmm...winning would imply he has the gauntlet.

Being on the floor begging for help is not a winning situation.

Thanos slap wasn't powerful enough to kill Captain America. By Uni's example (LOL CLASSIC ROGUE!!!) that makes him weak. He eliminated all of the heroes and was playing with them. Soon as he got serious the were all dismissed with but a thought.

Avlon
He eliminated all of the heroes and was playing with them. Soon as he got serious the were all dismissed with but a thought.

He lost.

It's ok though..it was a highly entertaining arc.

Galan007
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9466/44189381ac7.jpg crylaugh

quanchi112
He lost.

It's ok though..it was a highly entertaining arc. He defeated all in his path. The villain loses at the end of the story if you hadnt noticed.

Bad Ash231

laughing

Avlon
He defeated all in his path. The villain loses at the end of the story if you hadnt noticed.

And that villain was Thanos.

Glad we got that established. big grin

quanchi112
And that villain was Thanos.

Glad we got that established. big grin Yeah all villains lose but no one was man enough to beat Thanos. Pretty impressive to say the least. He took on marvel and whipped its ass.

Endless Mike
Monarch is really impressive. I say he wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Monarch is really impressive. I say he wins How easily you turn on Thanos and his history with one impressive showing.

Bouboumaster
Thanos pimpslap Monarch

Juntai
Monarch wins.

batdude123
Thanos goes down hard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by batdude123
Thanos goes down hard. Nope.

Mr. Ree
Boring characters.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Mr. Ree
Boring characters.

Stop trolling.

Mr. Ree
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Stop trolling.

Who?

Tommy05
Boring characters. Reported.

Mr. Ree
Originally posted by Tommy05
Reported.

laughing out loud To your mom?

Estacado
Reported for trolling and member bashing.

Mr. Ree
Reported for trolling and member bashing.

Sounds bad.

laughing

Sirius77
By showings, even though he had two... Monarch.

I never thought Id see the day when rs Superman gets backhanded...

ABCyclops
Monarch all day.

Galan007
Originally posted by ABCyclops
You're getting faster. stick out tongue

Tharg
Sounds bad.

laughing

Haha you got banned.

laughing

smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Tharg
Haha you got banned.

laughing

smile I'm telling you Tharg, socks run through this forum like wildfire..

I know you've only been here a few days and all, but I'm sure you've noticed this, yes? smile

Tharg
I'm telling you Tharg, socks run through this forum like wildfire..

I know you've only been here a few days and all, but I'm sure you've noticed this, yes? smile

Was this guy a sock? Damn he just seemed a troublemaking dick to me Galan.

Galan007
Was this guy a sock? Damn he just seemed a troublemaking dick to me Galan. Yeah, some socks are just like that.... Crazy huh?

I'm sure it's shocking to a newer member like yourself.... Stick in there though. smile

Tharg
Yeah, some socks are just like that.... Crazy huh?

I'm sure it's shocking to a newer member like yourself.... Stick in there though. smile

I...I am shocked.... It's all so strange.. so strange.... and new to me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I...I am shocked.... It's all so strange.. so strange.... and new to me.

And yet you have been a lurker for over 4 years?

Tharg
And yet you have been a lurker for over 4 years?

No, I am a recent lurker. I observed Magees posts and realised he had been here four years. Written comprehension is a skill best served cold? Capiche?

Galan007
I...I am shocked.... It's all so strange.. so strange.... and new to me. Just thought I'd fill you in on the socks of the forum.

Like I said,
hang tight, and let the wave pass... And above all else, keep the faith. smile

Alfheim
Monarch seemed to be pretty powerful in Countdown Arena 01. Does he have what it takes to put down Thanos?

This is the guy that could mess with time like no mans business?

Tharg

confused ...........ye...Yes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
No, I am a recent lurker. I observed Magees posts and realised he had been here four years. Written comprehension is a skill best served cold? Capiche?

Did you mean to say Reading comprehension?

Tharg
Did you mean to say Reading comprehension?

Nope. Comprende. Whoosh.

Tharg
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=written+comprehension&meta=

smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Nope. Comprende. Whoosh.

I would have the need of reading comprehension in order to fully understand what you were trying to illustrate. Writing comprehension would entail the ability to comprehend what one is writing, and thus, what one is trying to convey in the context that another, or others, would have sufficient reading comprehension to understand wit forth. The crux of writing comprehension is that one understands the audience to whom one is writing and thus, writes accordingly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reading+comprehension&btnG=Google+Search

Tharg
I would have the need of reading comprehension in order to fully understand what you were trying to illustrate. Writing comprehension would entail the ability to comprehend what one is writing, and thus, what one is trying to convey in the context that another, or others, would have sufficient reading comprehension to understand wit forth. The crux of writing comprehension is that one understands the audience to whom one is writing and thus, writes accordingly.

Um, no

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=written+comprehension&meta=

smile

Tharg
And a million others

nvrbeenwthagirl
And a million others

You do realize that Reading comprehension, which is what I said you should have said, is the same meaning as written comprehension in the U.K.? You posted to a person in the US. which is why I said you need writing comprehension in order to understand WHOM you are writing to so that all points are clearly defined. Writing Chinese to a Japanese, now matter how eloquent, won't get the message across if not in Japanese. wink

Tharg
You do realize that Reading comprehension, which is what I said you should have said, is the same meaning as written comprehension in the U.K.? You posted to a person in the US. which is why I said you need writing comprehension in order to understand WHOM you are writing to so that all points are clearly defined. Writing Chinese to a Japanese, now matter how eloquent, won't get the message across if not in Japanese. wink

N...no.

Xap.com is an american site.. As are most of the others on that google list.

nvrbeenwthagirl
N...no.

Xap.com is an american site.. As are most of the others on that google list.

YOur search engine was under a U.K. Heading. Reading comprehension, the link I put up, works wonders. big grin

Tharg
YOur search engine was under a U.K. Heading. Reading comprehension, the link I put up, works wonders. big grin

? But it wasn't using a U.K. only search.

www.xap.com is a U.S. site

nvrbeenwthagirl
? But it wasn't using a U.K. only search.

www.xap.com is a U.S. site

Doesn't matter. The search engine itself was U.K. And I also posted reading comprehension which in effect was the same thing you were saying, but most often, used in the US to illustrate the point that you were trying to convey.

Tharg
Doesn't matter. The search engine itself was U.K. And I also posted reading comprehension which in effect was the same thing you were saying, but most often, used in the US to illustrate the point that you were trying to convey.

Not really World wide search.

Tharg
Not really World wide search.

Tharg
Back to topic?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Back to topic?

Whirly? Mr. Ree?

Tharg
Whirly? Mr. Ree?

What? Who?

Back to topic?

Rorschach
Happy Dance

Terryc250
He pimpslapped alot of Superman's.
Monarch ftw.

Thanos would pimpslap supes as well

Estacado
bump

batdude123
Thanos wouldn't have a prayer.

TricksterPriest

Especially considering Monarch now has the power of 52 additional captain atoms, or is that his power x52? vin Either way, Thanos is ****ed.

tkitna
I have to go with Monarch on this one.

Symmetric Chaos
Especially considering Monarch now has the power of 52 additional captain atoms, or is that his power x52? vin Either way, Thanos is ****ed.

Clearly it's not his power x52. In fact they were nothing against him so the exact power up he got is very debatable.

Avlon

He would pray that Drax got to him before Monarch. smile

llagrok
Monarch DESTROYS Thanos.

Oh man, Thanos wouldn't even dent Monarch's armor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.