The official "What's this Horror Movie?" thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riokosunshine
I figured that we could use an official "Whats this movie name thread" like in the MDF, since we get so many of these threas in the Horror forum. So, please, lets use this from now on. Thanx. wink

-Impediment

hi everyone, do u remember a movie where under a church some people (scientists) find a black thing into a giant chrystal jar and this thing posses a girl who start to become like a key to bring the devil trhow a mirrow and at the end another girl keep trap with the devil in the other side saving her boyfriend? I supose is from the 80's but a made a search without good results...

if you know pls tell me cos I remember so much that movie and I want to know the title....

thanx a lot!!!

papabeard
It's a film called Prince of Darkness by John Carpenter.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0093777/

steverules
Did that have a cliff hanger ending?

wingesangel
please if any one can help!!!!!!
i seen this movie back in the 80's. can not to save my life remeber the name of it. it is about this guy who fall for a girl in his neiborhood, she gets killed or something happens to her. and there is this old lady in the neiborhood that is really mean to the kids takes their basketballs if they go into her yard and keeps them. the girl kills the old lady by knocking of her head with a ball. can not rember any thing else about it. but would like to see it again. if i could only find the name of it.. thanks for any and all help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2D_MASTER
Deadly Friend (1986).

steverules
That looked like it wasn't good

steverules
I don't know much about it so I will tell you all I know, the bad guy is a guy dressed up as a jester...the girl in the film stabs him with a doll that has a removeable head and a knife inside

Neo Darkhalen
???

vintageSW77
Is it FUNNY MAN ?

steverules
Maybe...whats it about?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by steverules
Maybe...whats it about?

When Max Taylor wins the ancestral home of Callum Chance in a game of Poker, little does he realise that the game is far from over... One by one, Max's family are murdered by the Funny Man, a demonic jester with a varied and imaginative repertoire of homicidal techniques and an irreverent sense of humour. Meanwhile, Max's brother is on his way to the mansion with a bunch on hitchhikers who will be lucky to survive the night. Written by Paul McCluskey

Beware the Funny Man when you play with Chance, for sooner or later your luck will dance, and dance the luck of fools: He's aware of your plight, make hast and take flight, for when the Funny Man awakes it's time to dance the dance of fools: He'll show you the era of your ways, for when it's time to play, it's time to die today: Prey you win when you play with him, the Funny Man and his evil ways. Written by Cinema_Fan

steverules
Hmmm may be it...I remember a girl stabbing him with a doll, rather than a guy...even if it's not it that still sounds good

Neo Darkhalen
The funny man?

benzi1982
HI EVERYONE! im a huge horror fan, i have been watching horror movies since i was like 5 (i am 25).... some of my favorites are the saw trilogy (until the 4th movie which in my opinion ruined everything) , hostel , brainscan , halloween , the people under the stairs , candyman , the excorcist , and dr googles. .......... anyways there is a movie i saw quite some time ago which i completely cannot recall what the name was and i am very interested in finding out the name so that i can watch it again. basically the movie starts off with 2 girls who are chatting on the internet with a stranger, and he lures them to come meet him at some "party" .. when they arrive they realize it was a hoax and he immediatly kills one girl, while the other girl gets sent to his private dungeon to get tortured with what we learn to include many other people who are getting tortured in this dungeon. the torture scenes are pretty graphic. basically the girl ends up being the daughter of a cop who starts to hunt him down ... by the end of the movie the cop kills him (if im not mistaken the madman gets burnes alive in the final scene . i even remember that one of the men getting tortured in the chamber was KEVIN POLLAK! he didnt have much air time maybe 5 minutes total but it is noteworthy because this film does not come up in any of his filmography . anyways if anyone can recall this movie and its name it would be a big help thanks so much everyone

Discos
mmm....sorry dude, the film sounded great so I did some research. Can't seem to find anything on it.

OTIS? is something that came up when i tried to google some info.

I'll check back here to get the name, i want to watch it.

benzi1982
Originally posted by Discos
mmm....sorry dude, the film sounded great so I did some research. Can't seem to find anything on it.

OTIS? is something that came up when i tried to google some info.

I'll check back here to get the name, i want to watch it.

thanks for trying i have been trying to do the research online for almost a month and i cant find anything either .... it wasnt a big movie it was a b grade film ... but the movie was suprisingly well made ... hopefully someone will have seen it

SelphieT
Originally posted by benzi1982
HI EVERYONE! im a huge horror fan, i have been watching horror movies since i was like 5 (i am 25).... some of my favorites are the saw trilogy (until the 4th movie which in my opinion ruined everything) , hostel , brainscan , halloween , the people under the stairs , candyman , the excorcist , and dr googles. .......... anyways there is a movie i saw quite some time ago which i completely cannot recall what the name was and i am very interested in finding out the name so that i can watch it again. basically the movie starts off with 2 girls who are chatting on the internet with a stranger, and he lures them to come meet him at some "party" .. when they arrive they realize it was a hoax and he immediatly kills one girl, while the other girl gets sent to his private dungeon to get tortured with what we learn to include many other people who are getting tortured in this dungeon. the torture scenes are pretty graphic. basically the girl ends up being the daughter of a cop who starts to hunt him down ... by the end of the movie the cop kills him (if im not mistaken the madman gets burnes alive in the final scene . i even remember that one of the men getting tortured in the chamber was KEVIN POLLAK! he didnt have much air time maybe 5 minutes total but it is noteworthy because this film does not come up in any of his filmography . anyways if anyone can recall this movie and its name it would be a big help thanks so much everyone

Strangeland!

I DVRed it about a month ago. T'was okay, nothin' special in my opinion.

Discos
haha Snider is the protragonist. Sweet

cheers for that guy, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow.

CrazyEyes
Prehaps you could help me find a horror movie too. Basically, its all about the devil and i remember deserted streets with these people who are trying to get into this building, but people posessed by the devil are after them. Also, at the end, this guy has this dream that shows this video footage of this school or hall with monsters all around it and an shadow of the devil in the doorway. He wakes up and he turns round in bed to see his wife as the devil, as his wife vanished. Also, there is also a scene where there is this guy standing in the middle of the night and this guy suddenly comes out of nowhere and stabs him. I remember this film from years ago and I can't seem to remember what the title is or who was in it.

JediSamuraiMRB
I don't know much about it so I will tell you all I know, the bad guy is a guy dressed up as a jester...the girl in the film stabs him with a doll that has a removeable head and a knife inside

Any idea about the cast? When did you first see this?

NormaBates
I'm thinking of 'House on sorority row'.
A jester? (my english isn't that great) If a 'jester' is a clown, harlequin suit then it's most likely this movie.

NormaBates
So??? Was it House on sorority Row???

steverules
Yeah thanks

scrapnlucy
HI All,

I am new here, and I have been looking for the name of this movie for a looong time. I hope that someone reading this can give me the name...I remember watching it in the mid 80's when I was 9 or 10.

The movie starts out with a group of teenagers on a ship/boat. They are partying, the ship catches on fire and they all jump. One girl is afraid because she cannot swim. Then the sun starts coming up and all the teenagers are on this island except the girl how could not swim....They all start hunting for food...on this island which is suppose to be deserted,but there is a man living there who kills them. He lives in an old house on the other side of the island where his mother is dead in a rocking chair upstairs. As he kills these boys and girls, he hangs some of them in the meat cellar under the house. I remember at the end that all the teenagers are dead except two...the girl that couldn't swim(she was hiding under the boat in the shed) and one of the boys. I believe that he, the killer on the island, killed the girl and the last one of the teenagers, a boy killed the guy..

If any of this sounds familar, please let me know. I would like to watch the movie again...just for old time sake... embarrasment

Thanks for your help!!

scrapnlucy
Kiss the Girl sounds kinda like this movie. It has Morgan Freeman(I think is his name)...there are girls in a dungeon and the police start looking for him. Can't remember if it starts with the internet or not though....

If this isn't the movie....Kiss the Girl is a great movie(suspense)...

nancy

Impediment
No idea. shrug

MildPossession
Kiss the Girl isn't from the 80s. Can't help with the other movie though.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by scrapnlucy
HI All,

I am new here, and I have been looking for the name of this movie for a looong time. I hope that someone reading this can give me the name...I remember watching it in the mid 80's when I was 9 or 10.

The movie starts out with a group of teenagers on a ship/boat. They are partying, the ship catches on fire and they all jump. One girl is afraid because she cannot swim. Then the sun starts coming up and all the teenagers are on this island except the girl how could not swim....They all start hunting for food...on this island which is suppose to be deserted,but there is a man living there who kills them. He lives in an old house on the other side of the island where his mother is dead in a rocking chair upstairs. As he kills these boys and girls, he hangs some of them in the meat cellar under the house. I remember at the end that all the teenagers are dead except two...the girl that couldn't swim(she was hiding under the boat in the shed) and one of the boys. I believe that he, the killer on the island, killed the girl and the last one of the teenagers, a boy killed the guy..

If any of this sounds familar, please let me know. I would like to watch the movie again...just for old time sake... embarrasment

Thanks for your help!!

This sounds a little familiar to me.. Do you remember any actors/actresses?

General G
That is one of those"it is on the tip of my tongue!" type of movies...it is there...but I can't name it...

Mine is different, it is a more recent movie where this family man is kinda like the perfect killer...but he has some sort of medical condition and has a double personality. In the movie, he kills a couple but makes a mistake with the blinds and someone sees him killing them and took pictures and will only be quiet if he takes him to kill somebody. When they finally do go to kill somebody...the main killer guy brings him to a graveyard and takes his head off with a shovel...then goes back home where his daughter seemingly sticks a pair of scissors in his neck and watches him die...but then he wakes up from a dream...but it doesn't say how long the dream was...whether it was the whole movie or not...

Any help would be nice!

NurseKrud
Sounds like "Mr. Brooks" to me.

General G
That's the one! Thanks a lot, I have been wanting to re-watch it!

funbags
I saw this flick in the eighties were a vampire chick was licking this guy's chest working her way up so she could eventually bite his neck. They were at a bar or a nudie bar maybe with curtains. Any ideas?

NurseKrud
Vamp (1986)

SlasherChick
i am new here and need some help. Does anyone know who provided the voice of Glen/Glenda in The Seed of Chucky? thanks in advanced.

amlap
the movie im thinking of might not even be a movie but a tales from the cript story.... its about a bunch of teenagers on a raft in the middle of a lake and theres this black blob like ooze thingy killing the teens as they try to swim back to the shore. like i said it might be a tales from the cript story (and if it is does anyone know the season or episode?)?

also

a movie about a red *ssed monkey running around a medical building killing people who i believe were there for a medical study. the people are locked in and the monkey is loose and there i a side plot of people trying to get into the building... i just want to know the name cause i never laughed so hard watching a movie when the monkey with the red *ss jumping and vampire biting people.

any help would be awesome.... THANKS

NurseKrud
The first one is "The Raft" from Creepshow 2. The second one is Shakma (1990).

koletoday
I am having trouble remembering a movie I watched over ten years ago. With good reason no less. The only things I really remember about the film was that one of the actors touched a black sticky goo that was on the side of something that may have been a tomb or sarcophagus. He couldn't remove the goo from his hand and over time the goo slowly moved up his arm. I think this movie have an Egyptian theme or at least something involving anthropologists or archaeologists. If any knows what movie this could be that would be great.

tylerTOXICITY
I'm looking for a movie, Oldish, about a ghost lady, at the end the ghost lady says how she died, She tried to save a deer, and jumped infront of a car, also this teenage boy and girl get locked in a glass house at the VERY end?

Can anybody help me?

danigirl9170
I'm looking for the name of a horror movie from the 60's or 70's that I think was originally shot in black and white. It's about a guy that owns a barbecue joint in Texas, I think, where he serves the best barbecue in town. The barbecue itself is ground human flesh and he cures his meat by burying customers in a field, up to their necks, with burlap bags over their heads. I remember the scene where he turns the lights on in the field and you see all these burlap bags sticking up out of the ground. Anyone know the name of this movie?

WrathfulDwarf
It's call Motel Hell.

Damn! Everytime I see it on cable I get a craving for BBQ sausages....

Kieralinn
Originally posted by SlasherChick
i am new here and need some help. Does anyone know who provided the voice of Glen/Glenda in The Seed of Chucky? thanks in advanced.

Billy Boyd...Pippin from Lord of the Rings

mizminty
I have often thought of this film and have asked loads of people about it over the years and noone seems to have watched it but me! I saw it on tv either in the late 70's or 80's but have no idea when it was made and i missed the start so never knew the name..

all i remember is that a couple moved to a town or village and the women would meet up every so often but the men weren't allowed to go watch. Some or one of the husbands was blind and warned the new husband to leave the women to it but curiosity got the better of him and in the end the wives attacked him and blinded him..

sorry.. i know that's not worded very well!

I'll be eternally grateful if you can put me out of my misery.. i haven't even been on a forum before!! eek!

deivientia
Hey everyone, im new to this but i have been trying to think of this movie for a while now and i cant...

There were like 2 or 3 in the running and like i might mix them together but it will help to figure out what it is.

Ok, the basic thing about the movie is lucifer comes to earth, through a womans body, he is born and comes out as an adult man, and says Mother, she runs, and he screams and explodes her ears...

There are these people that can stop him, and they basicly have to sacrifice themselves by a ritual with a knife, and they get like special powers...and one of the scenes is in the old western townsetting.

theres another scene where the devil's bleeding out at the gas station because they did voodoo on him, and stab him, almost to death, he's dying and a guy comes over...

then theres another where they start stabbing his feet prints with nails as the devil is trying to get on a trail chasing this guys girlfriend...

those are some of the biggest parts i can remember any help would be appreciated!

deivientia
so i just did a quick search on a different scene, and found out it was called WARLOCK.

ragesRemorse
that was a good movie.

the sequels blow

moviebuff1084
No idea my best guess would be the Stepford Wives but i don't know

tony11384
I saw this movie when I was a kid and I can't remember what its called I know one of the scenes has to do with a graveyard that has a huge city under it where the habitants can be killed in only certain ways like some die from the sun others die from stakes in the heart others or silver and so forth and some guy finds the place in the middle of no where and climbs the fence and finds the place and runs for his life and barely gets out later in the movie some stranger goes crazy in the hospital that the guy was in for some reason and says something before he takes a knife and starts cutting his own face up and dies but later in the movie he is in the city now as a habitant and when the feds find out about the city and how to kill the people there is a fight and they people are drug out into the sun decapitated staked and so forth hopefully that is enough info for some one to remember the title for me

Youngblood88
This episode is from a series like the Night Gallery or Tales From the Darkside, I think. It involved a young boy who's teacher had him constantly write sentences on a chalkboard for doing bad things. The other kids picked on him. In the end he came into the class and without the teacher telling him, he started writing, I will not push Sally? down the stairs.I will not push Sally? down the stairs.
That is all I can remember! Someone please help. It's been haunting me for a couple of decades!!!!

Dano
mizminty....Your movie is called THE DARK SECRET OF HARVEST HOME....its TV movie from the 70s(2 parter) VERY GOOD !!

jsunem
OKay, what's the name of this movie.

Setting was in the desert (sonoran/arizona I think). It had to do with a race of hidden demons, human-sized, with bat-like wings and horns. Looked kind of like the demon guy in Legend. They get to come out once every 2,000 years or something to challenge the human race, and are gestating regenerating their numbers in between. I can't remember if there were some sort of biblical allusions to fallen angels or something. Any how, some people stumble upon them and must defest them before their time to be released comes again. Anybody remember? Definitely B-rated. Early to mid-80's I think.

Tyranno-Chris
I have no idea, sorry.

What is the name of this film? A man takes a film crew around filming him in his quest to become a serial killer, like Michael, Jason, and Freddy. They go to an old pro's house and he tells the killer about how he should kill things and prepare by loosening the heads on axes and sledge hammers and sabotaging the weapons in the tool shed, also cutting down the large limbs on the trees but windows on the second floor in the house, and pre-cutting smaller limbs so they would fall if people stepped onto them. Stuff like that.

steverules
I'm trying to find a horror movie where this dude buys a pair of sun glasses and starts seeing dead people. It ends with him dying by crashing some sattelite that they are gonna use on people. Anyone know it? Was made in the 80's or 70's

BruceSkywalker
I'm trying to find a horror movie where this dude buys a pair of sun glasses and starts seeing dead people. It ends with him dying by crashing some sattelite that they are gonna use on people. Anyone know it? Was made in the 80's or 70's

I believe that is They Live staring Roddy Piper and Keith David. Made in 1988

steverules
Thats the one, thanks big grin

mizminty
Dano... like i said.. eternally gratefull!! Yeah it really stuck in my mind.. thank you Happy Dance

matt_88
There is this one scary movie I saw a long time ago I think its late 80's or early 90's but its about these crazy old people that live in this weird house and I think these girls go there and theyre like trapped they wont let them leave. I remember there were these old lady twins that were weird and crazy and I remember they wore pink dresses. Oh and there was this lady that carries a baby that she thinks is alive cause shes crazy but its really a dead burned baby. If you know what I'm talking about could you please tell me the title. Thanks!

Selphie
I have two guess, which are probably wrong, but they keep popping into my head.

Rabid Grannies, or Dolls?

steverules
Can't be rabid grannies since thats about grannies who eat people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabid_Grannies

hanxan
Originally posted by tony11384
I saw this movie when I was a kid and I can't remember what its called I know one of the scenes has to do with a graveyard that has a huge city under it where the habitants can be killed in only certain ways like some die from the sun others die from stakes in the heart others or silver and so forth and some guy finds the place in the middle of no where and climbs the fence and finds the place and runs for his life and barely gets out later in the movie some stranger goes crazy in the hospital that the guy was in for some reason and says something before he takes a knife and starts cutting his own face up and dies but later in the movie he is in the city now as a habitant and when the feds find out about the city and how to kill the people there is a fight and they people are drug out into the sun decapitated staked and so forth hopefully that is enough info for some one to remember the title for me
The movie is called "Nightbreed"

hanxan
Originally posted by matt_88
There is this one scary movie I saw a long time ago I think its late 80's or early 90's but its about these crazy old people that live in this weird house and I think these girls go there and theyre like trapped they wont let them leave. I remember there were these old lady twins that were weird and crazy and I remember they wore pink dresses. Oh and there was this lady that carries a baby that she thinks is alive cause shes crazy but its really a dead burned baby. If you know what I'm talking about could you please tell me the title. Thanks!
Could be "American Gothic" with Yvonne DeCarlo

catapella
so i'm trying to help my brother figure out the name of this movie he saw at the movies within the last couple of years (2004-2007). here's what he knows about it: this woman goes to this house (we're not sure for what reason). in the house she finds a baby cradle with her name on it and another with her brother's name on it. come to find out, it's her childhood home and her brother shows up during the course of the movie and her dead father is haunting the house. i think they are twins and that it's their birthday. he also says that at one point she ditches her car in a lake or something, he doesn't remember why. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!!

papabeard
Boogeyman?

Jessiek02004
Okay there are two movies that i can't remember wat they are called.
1st movie: Okay this probably took place the 80's or early 90's where there is this guy and a girl from the 1950's with poodle skirt i believe comes back from the dead and somethng happens with zombies or bad ppl (not sure exactly) and i remember it in a house and it has to do with a wine cellar and i believe during halloween. maybe they ewre havin a halloween party??? (not sure either one that) and for sure i remember her with lipstick and writing on the grave or mirror? and she goes back tot he grave and he sad???? gosh i hope that helps thats all i remember :/

2nd movie: i think this is a tv movie but not sure either.... theres a bunch of teenagers that are dressed up in halloween costumes that break into an abandon house or hospital and they all get murdered besides two??? that was probably made in the early 90's ohhh i think one big part of th emovie was a girl sticks a lipstick in her nipple??? yea weird but im almost postive that hpapned...i think there were spirits in the house???

I saw both these movies as a child sorry if its not enough infor but if u can say the names that be great! thank you

hanxan
Originally posted by Jessiek02004
Okay there are two movies that i can't remember wat they are called.
1st movie: Okay this probably took place the 80's or early 90's where there is this guy and a girl from the 1950's with poodle skirt i believe comes back from the dead and somethng happens with zombies or bad ppl (not sure exactly) and i remember it in a house and it has to do with a wine cellar and i believe during halloween. maybe they ewre havin a halloween party??? (not sure either one that) and for sure i remember her with lipstick and writing on the grave or mirror? and she goes back tot he grave and he sad???? gosh i hope that helps thats all i remember :/

2nd movie: i think this is a tv movie but not sure either.... theres a bunch of teenagers that are dressed up in halloween costumes that break into an abandon house or hospital and they all get murdered besides two??? that was probably made in the early 90's ohhh i think one big part of th emovie was a girl sticks a lipstick in her nipple??? yea weird but im almost postive that hpapned...i think there were spirits in the house???

I saw both these movies as a child sorry if its not enough infor but if u can say the names that be great! thank you
The first one sounds like "The midnight hour" with peter deluise and The second one is night of the demons with Linea Quigley

flicks33
thinkitsstilllegal@gmail.com Hey All need help finding an early 80's horror flick i begged my dad to take me to the movies to see then backed out after first scene it was a house in a dark wooded area a man (about the size of "JASON"winkpicks up an axe go's inside the house and kills wife and children one by one in their bedrooms i bailed after that laughing seriously though i've been a lifelong fan of horror but can't seem to stumble upon this movie and cannot remember the title would like to finish watching since it now holds sentimental value cause my father has since passed on also i'm new here WHAT'S UP HORROR FANS and everyone else stick out tongue

papabeard
No idea, but welcome Happy Dance

plastikxp
Hi Im dying to know this movie about two siblings who are like catlike creatures, and the are disguised as humans and all cats in the neighbourhood where they live groups outside their house snarled and hissed at them at nite. oh and the guy has the ability to morph his car into a corvette or something like tht.

Any kind soul please help me, thanks

Selphie
Originally posted by plastikxp
Hi Im dying to know this movie about two siblings who are like catlike creatures, and the are disguised as humans and all cats in the neighbourhood where they live groups outside their house snarled and hissed at them at nite. oh and the guy has the ability to morph his car into a corvette or something like tht.

Any kind soul please help me, thanks

Sleepwalkers

Selphie
Originally posted by flicks33
thinkitsstilllegal@gmail.com Hey All need help finding an early 80's horror flick i begged my dad to take me to the movies to see then backed out after first scene it was a house in a dark wooded area a man (about the size of "JASON"winkpicks up an axe go's inside the house and kills wife and children one by one in their bedrooms i bailed after that laughing seriously though i've been a lifelong fan of horror but can't seem to stumble upon this movie and cannot remember the title would like to finish watching since it now holds sentimental value cause my father has since passed on also i'm new here WHAT'S UP HORROR FANS and everyone else stick out tongue

I may not be right, but I'm guessing it might be the Amityville Horror? It came out in 1979 though, so I dunno

plastikxp
yes thats it! Thanks Selphie!

carrieshay
I have searched for a long while now and cant find the movie I seen when I was younger and was wondering if anyone else could possibly help me...It would be greatly appreciated.. Well I cant remember much but it was about someone killing kids and it was down in a basement or tunnel but they made 1 kid stand in a corner facing it while they tortured and killed the other one..I'm thinking it was like a documentary because some guys were down there with video cameras and when the second guy turned the corner he got hit and the video camera hit the ground and all you seen was the first guy standing in the corner facing it and you hear the other guy screaming and then the video camera turns off..I'm sorry I cant give you anymore help than that but I have been looking for this movie for 2 years and can't find anything on it and wondered if maybe someone had seen it too...Again thanks and hope you all can help me...

The Heap
The Blair Witch Project.

MildPossession
Yep definitely The Blair Witch Project, it's not two guys though at the end, it's a man and woman.

Lanca102
So I just randomly thought about this movie I remember seeing when I was young. But the problem is I only saw part of it so I can only recall certain scenes-I don't remember any specific actors or actresses nor the title.

But it is absolutely killing me!!! I'm dying to know what the heck this movie was!!!

Some of this might sound kinda bizarre or might be completely off but PLEASE!!! if you recognize anything I'm about to describe let me know:

One of the most prominent scenes I remember has to do with what I believe were neighbors- Two women who had some sort of intense conflict. I remember that one of the women-an older woman, I can't remember specifics tho- came home to find that someone had thrown apples through her windows. Although the actual culprit was some kid, the woman assumes that it was the neighbor woman right....Ok now the neighbor woman-who I remember to be young- almost in the same set up, comes home to find both of her dogs hanging from the ceiling of one of her rooms and I believe they were skinned or mutilated in some sort of way. Now she too seems to assume that this was the doing of the oder neighbor lady and they end of confronting each other and I believe either one of them ( or both of them) was armed with a knife. They fight and ended up killing each other.

Now I think that the general plot of this movie has to do with some sort of devil man reeking havoc on some town which I believe is what caused that intense fight between the two women but I'm not exactly sure....

I also remember there being a woman in her room, at night. Then the devil man comes and she begins to feel the sting of arthritis in her hands. I get the sense that the arthritis was something she had but that the man cured and he was trying to convey some kind of message to her..idk

Last of all, I remember a scene at night in the streets of the town and I remember there being like fire and chaos and people running through the streets and I think this is the scene in which the devil character/evil man is finally leaving the town...

If any of this sounds familiar dont hesitate respond!!!!

MildPossession
Stephen King's Needful Things.

Lanca102
OMG!!!!! It totally was Needful Things!!!

Thanx!!!!!

shankea
im trying to remember a movie... all I can remember is a bunch of teens a lake and a black substance killing them off the closer they get to the lake... the only thing was the black thing couldn't come out of the water like it was confined... at first I thought it was a tales from the crypt show but its a full movie please help...

Darth Vicious
Creepshow 2 (The Raft)??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raft_(short_story)

Impediment
Originally posted by shankea
im trying to remember a movie... all I can remember is a bunch of teens a lake and a black substance killing them off the closer they get to the lake... the only thing was the black thing couldn't come out of the water like it was confined... at first I thought it was a tales from the crypt show but its a full movie please help...

It's "The Raft" from Creepshow 2.

tules
does anyone know the name of this really ****ed up horror film i saw once, there was a guy in it who was being attacked by a group of zombie like people and every time he got in his car a drove away he came back to the same place with the group, also there was a woman doing a crab outside the car and grinning manicaly, I think he may have been an author that got sucked into his own horro novel or something not 100% sure about that though. I would say it was an early 90s or possibly 80s film, again not too sure

tules
woop i found it, its called "in the mouth of madness" if u r into messed up horrors i seriously recomend this one!

Severen
Originally posted by catapella
so i'm trying to help my brother figure out the name of this movie he saw at the movies within the last couple of years (2004-2007). here's what he knows about it: this woman goes to this house (we're not sure for what reason). in the house she finds a baby cradle with her name on it and another with her brother's name on it. come to find out, it's her childhood home and her brother shows up during the course of the movie and her dead father is haunting the house. i think they are twins and that it's their birthday. he also says that at one point she ditches her car in a lake or something, he doesn't remember why. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks!!!

Sounds like The Abandoned (2006).

Severen
Originally posted by jsunem
OKay, what's the name of this movie.

Setting was in the desert (sonoran/arizona I think). It had to do with a race of hidden demons, human-sized, with bat-like wings and horns. Looked kind of like the demon guy in Legend. They get to come out once every 2,000 years or something to challenge the human race, and are gestating regenerating their numbers in between. I can't remember if there were some sort of biblical allusions to fallen angels or something. Any how, some people stumble upon them and must defest them before their time to be released comes again. Anybody remember? Definitely B-rated. Early to mid-80's I think.

Gargoyles (1972).

From IMDB.com

After receiving word about a mysterious carcass/skeleton unearthed in the Arizona desert, a father and his daughter decide to remove it from the burial grounds for further study. Once they do so, they, as well as the town, are besieged by a colony of gargoyles living in some nearby caverns. Written by Lee Shapiro

raz3218
This movie i think was made in the 80's it is about a family and the father is about to get married. The kids find out that their stepmother is some kind of monster and she needs to get married before the summer solstice. I think the title has some thing to do with "stepmom" or "stepmother" something along those lines. Its not the comedy "i think my stepmother is an alien" it is a horror movie. If you can...tell me the name of the movie and also if you know where i can buy it. Thank You

keli87
I have been searching for a few weeks now for a late 80s early 90s film, where either twins or sisters share an apartment. One sleeps with the others boyfriend and the betrayer goes on a rampage, she shoots the sisters boyfriend through a pillow, then turns on the sister. I remember something about a screwdriver and a stiletto heel and an elevator. I was 11 i think when i saw this film, i watched it the same time as sleepwalkers and hellraiser if thats any help. I'm at a loose end. Ive searched high and low, so please please if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated!!!

keli87
I just posted this, i should read things more thoroughly huh
however ive attracted nothing yet so....

I have been searching for a few weeks now for a late 80s early 90s film, where either twins or sisters share an apartment. One sleeps with the others boyfriend and the betrayer goes on a rampage, she shoots the sisters boyfriend through a pillow, then turns on the sister. I remember something about a screwdriver and a stiletto heel and an elevator. I was 11 i think when i saw this film, i watched it the same time as sleepwalkers and hellraiser if thats any help. I'm at a loose end. Ive searched high and low, so please please if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated!!!

If you need more info i will try to rack my brain some more.

keli87
Originally posted by raz3218
This movie i think was made in the 80's it is about a family and the father is about to get married. The kids find out that their stepmother is some kind of monster and she needs to get married before the summer solstice. I think the title has some thing to do with "stepmom" or "stepmother" something along those lines. Its not the comedy "i think my stepmother is an alien" it is a horror movie. If you can...tell me the name of the movie and also if you know where i can buy it. Thank You

Hi I think maybe the film your looking for is stepmonster. Its early 90's though....

keli87
ok, the stiletto heel was used to stab one of the girls in the head, i thought it was horrific but now im 21 and see if it has the same factor!! PLEASE HELP!

MildPossession
I remember a heel through someone's head in Single White Female. Can't think of any horror apart from Brian de Palma's Sisters?

keli87
I think it may have been Single White Female, after IMDB-ing them, im not sure, will get them and watch see whats what but thank you very much!!!!

Darth Vicious
Sounds like SWF to me too. They were roomates. One was so obsessed with the other that she copy everything about her, even her looks.

keli87
Maybe that is why i thought they were twins, it was eleven years ago. I've got the film so will settle down with it and report back but thanks very much! big grin

CptPlanet
Hi, I've been looking for this film my whole LIFE since seeing it...

Some type of alien, he looks like a dirty man, and he has CDs that fly at humans, they follow them... And one scene one of them flies around this dudes place and ends up stuck in one of his speakers...

...anyways at the end, the alien delivers a recurring li(n)e throughtout the movie: "I come in peace..."

...and then the good guy replies: "...You'll Leave in peaces!" or something like that.

THANKS

hanxan
Originally posted by CptPlanet

Some type of alien, he looks like a dirty man, and he has CDs that fly at humans, they follow them... And one scene one of them flies around this dudes place and ends up stuck in one of his speakers...

...anyways at the end, the alien delivers a recurring li(n)e throughtout the movie: "I come in peace..."

...and then the good guy replies: "...You'll Leave in peaces!" or something like that.

THANKS
I come in peace with Dolph Lundgren

GhoulGal84
OK a few films I have in my head since I was little and use to stay up watching USA Up All Nigt, Joe Bob Briggs Horror, and the late night movies on channel 13........

I THINK they are from the 1980's.

I only remember glimpses of these films and I may get some mixed but ....

First one starts of with a family going down a rainy road and a tree falls in the way the family goes back to a hotel with a creepy old lady the man tells the old lady she has spiderwebs in her hair. They end up getting a room and it seems like when the girls take a shower the old lady or someone comes through the mirror in the bathroom and kills them. They later find out someone had dug a hole/tunnel to all the rooms.
Second seems like the movie starts with a lady wearing a long pearl necklace and her lipstick drops at a mall and gets her necklace stuck in the escalator and it chokes her. then a DEMON or some weird looking think lives behind this house or soemthing and these girls live in the house. The think either dies in the pool or lives their. One of the girls gets stabbed in the head with scissors and iin class the one that lives sees an anatomy dummy in class bleed? Seems like there is also a random guy on a motorcycle? haha
one is about kids that go in the attic and go through a mirror to a different dimension. it's not flowers in the attic it's not people under the stairs... one seems like it's from England and at the end a creepy girl with long hair is in a car with two older men taking her away from the house and it pans on her like she did the killings or whatever happend or she is still posessed. sorry these are so choppy but they are the hand ful I remember that stayed with me. THANKS!!!

CptPlanet
Originally posted by CptPlanet

I come In Peace with Dolph Lundgren.

YES! THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES eek! Happy Dance

unnamed_ro
Sorry i haven't seen this thred before and i already posted a " what is the name of this movie" thred..
If a moderator could move my thread i will appreciated it..
Sorry again...

cryssi_renee
Originally posted by raz3218

This is My Stepmother is an Alien. Its got Dan Akroyed and Kim Bassinger. I think its a comedy.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by cryssi_renee
This is My Stepmother is an Alien. Its got Dan Akroyed and Kim Bassinger. I think its a comedy.
yep that's what it is and it was a comedy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095687/

happinessiskey
please help ive been loooking for this movie since i seen it when i was young it starts with this blonde having a party in a castle or house or hotel all that i remember is that this serial killer kills this guy dressed in a bus boy with that medieval head chopping thing that king henry used on his wives and his picture winded up in a yearbook then the killer starts playing a game with the blonde and her boyfriend then at the end she thinks its a dream but right before the end the killer grabs her

Xeldier
I guess this movie I'm looking for would be considered horror, I'm not really sure, sorry if this is the wrong place...

Anyway, the movie is basically this couple goes for artificial insemination to get pregnant but the agency are ones working for the rebirth of satin, or a decendant rather. In the end the woman end up birthing in an ambulance on the way to the hospital, kinda bloody, and gives birth to twin girls. At the end of the movie the family is at a birthday party (for a different kid I think) he's dressed as a devil. He plays a trick on the twins and they end up burning him, like he's melting after he falls to the ground.

I've been looking in google for this movie for a couple days and have yet to type in a query that brings up anything related to an actual movie.

When I saw this movie I was deployed (06-07) but I'm not sure how close to these dates the movie came out. I thought it had a short title, but can't remember it.

Thanks!

NurseKrud
Sounds like "Blessed(2004)".

Xeldier
O yes, it is. Thank you very much. I liked the ending where she finally found out her kids are of satan lol.

chickychu2001
This horror movie was either late 70's, early 80's. A fog covered the town. I believe it was a toxic spill. The only thing that I clearly remember is in the beginning of the film a school bus goes through the fog. I thought it was the movie the Brood, but that was not it. Would someone know the name of this movie.

MildPossession
The Crazies?

Insomniatric
Is it the Mist?

MildPossession
The Mist is from 2000s, not the 70s/80s.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by MildPossession
The Mist is from 2000s, not the 70s/80s.

Oh.... I knew that.

Actually, I thought the 2000's mist was a remake. Don't really know why though.

MildPossession
It's from a Stephen King story.

BillyJeans28
i dont know i thought i was nite tales but a stephen king movie, he's made a lot cant even keep track

stinky pinky
I saw these on a movie channel a few years back- they were running some kind of Japanese horror day or something...Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was one of them... there are two other movie names I cannot remember:

1. In the very beginning this man witnesses a man shot himself in the subway- I think he video tapes it... later he goes to someplace underground and sees a group of these really pale people- ghostly white... takes one of them home and feeds her blood... he kills his wife and then discovers that the chick he brought home is his daughter and he's been going crazy because he forgot to take his medication...

2. (also Japanese I think) There's a young man in med school ... and when it comes to the part where they dissect a human body- it's his dead ex-girlfriend and he won't let anyone else touch her.. and he has some strange sadomasochistic relationship with some other chick (they like to choke each other)...

stinky pinky
Never mind found them
1.Marebito
2. Vital

MildPossession
I love the lead actor in Vital but I found the film incredibly boring, fell asleep a few times.

CoZ
I've been trying to find this horror movie for a long time now...seen it as a kid and scared the sh*t out of me, trying to figure out the name.

(the pieces I remember)-It's about a little girl who is mute and her grandma dies but comes back in spirit and the creatures take her away. These creatures almost look like an uglier version of the grinch, also there is a old man who's dog keeps on barking so he cuts the dogs take off and his house catches on fire and the creatures take off with like his family or something. I just remember bits of this movie but would love to find out...pretty sure it is a 1980 or 1990s flick. Thanks

CoZ
WHAT IS THIS HORROR MOVIE

I've been trying to find this horror movie for a long time now...seen it as a kid and scared the sh*t out of me, trying to figure out the name.

(the pieces I remember)-It's about a little girl who is mute and her grandma dies but comes back in spirit and the creatures take her away. These creatures almost look like an uglier version of the grinch, also there is a old man who's dog keeps on barking so he cuts the dogs take off and his house catches on fire and the creatures take off with like his family or something. I just remember bits of this movie but would love to find out...pretty sure it is a 1980 or 1990s flick. Thanks

deathbycorn
I remember back in the mid 90's I always saw a video at the video shop with a cover that looks very similar to The Bone Snatcher (2003) with the face in the sand. Does anyone remember another movie probably from the early to mid-nineties, probably straight to video that had a cover similar to The Bone Snatcher?

Would be really cool if I could find out the name of the movie, thanks.

MildPossession
Dead and Buried? this is early 80s though.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A2V8TA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've got something else in the back of my head that I can remember looking at when younger, but I can't get the title.

The Nuul
A friend told me about a upcoming Horror film. They used old fashion props and not CGI. Something about giant spiders in some tall wavy grass hunting and buring people for later as food. He couldn't remember the name.

Any ideas?

Parmaniac
first good idea smile

ok I'm searching a movie for years now, it's about Ghouls/Zombies that come out at night I think out of the kanalisation or something the big thing is they're weak to water if it hits 'em they dissolve and nearly every Ghoul/Zombie has a gimmic I can remember a Doctor, a Rocker and a Soldier (but there are more) and IIRC 2 kids fought them with Super Soakers or something

anyone?

EDIT: The movie is from the 80's

Parmaniac
I FOUND IT I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0127045/usercomments

smile

HueyFreeman
Looking for an old horror film. Its a slasher that revolves around a ballet or dance school. I somewhat remember the tag line being "5 women, no onw will be alive after the curtain drops"

Blinky
Looking for this 80's movie, I'm sure it was an 80's movie. All I remember is a kid (main character) who had these huge like aliens living underneath the ground - in his back yard. I remember the monsters were huge and had huge mouths and looked kinda like The Beholder ( a monster from D&D), they had legs and no arms.. I think.
I remember, at some point in the movie, guys from the army went down into the monster/alien liar and it was a huge series of tunnels.Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Blinky
Originally posted by Blinky
Looking for this 80's movie, I'm sure it was an 80's movie. All I remember is a kid (main character) who had these huge like aliens living underneath the ground - in his back yard. I remember the monsters were huge and had huge mouths and looked kinda like The Beholder ( a monster from D&D), they had legs and no arms.. I think.
I remember, at some point in the movie, guys from the army went down into the monster/alien liar and it was a huge series of tunnels.Any suggestions would be helpfull.

BUMP (impatient)

amansman
Hello everybody. I'm having some difficulty finding a movie I watched as a kid, made probably in the early or mid 90s. I remember on the VHS cover there was a picture of a shiny metal claw/machine hand pointing upwards.* The movie was about a machine that killed people, basically. I thought that it was simply called The Machine, but apparently that's not it. There is a scene I remember about something (maybe the machine, or part of the machine) falling down a long shaft and landing on somebody. If I remember correctly, which I might not, the machine also had a mouth of sorts that reminded me of the scoop on an excavator. It took place mostly within a large building, maybe a factory. I do not think it was The Mangler. Any help would be appreciated!

*Edit: The hand/claw wasn't "pointing" as in with a single finger, all "fingers" were equally extended, as if grabbing something.

MildPossession
Hardware?

amansman
Originally posted by Blinky

Invaders From Mars, I believe, the 80s remake.

Hardware?

No, that's not it. It's so frustrating, 13 years ago and I can remember the store I rented it from, the aisle it was in and the spot on the shelf it was on, but I can't remember the stupid title.

Blinky
Originally posted by amansman
Invaders From Mars, I believe, the 80s remake.

Holy sh*t... that's the movie. Been looking for the title for years.
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/shg_thankyou001.gif

MildPossession
Chopping Mall?

http://jadedviewer.com/uploaded_images/ChoppingMall-765548.jpg

Death Machine?

http://www.horreur.net/img/death_machine_aff.jpg

amansman
Chopping Mall?

Death Machine?

DEATH MACHINE! Yes. Thank you! Now I'm sort of ashamed, it doesn't appear to be nearly as cool of a movie as I remember it. To be fair, I was like 10. smile Now to go rent that, and Chopping Mall, because it looks ridiculously awesome.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by amansman
DEATH MACHINE! Yes. Thank you! Now I'm sort of ashamed, it doesn't appear to be nearly as cool of a movie as I remember it. To be fair, I was like 10. smile Now to go rent that, and Chopping Mall, because it looks ridiculously awesome.

That's the case with most movies, sometimes it's better to "just remember them" sad

The_usher
I think.............................................

darthchucky
I need help on this movie name. There's a killer in this house trying to do something that i cant remember. Then there's this guy who falls off the house's balcony into the water. When he tries to come back up, there's is a large, son-of-a-bi*th black sheet on the water's surface. He tries his best to get out, but the blanket or sheet is in the way. All I remember is that the guy survived somehow.

Kebabman
Originally posted by benzi1982
HI EVERYONE! im a huge horror fan, i have been watching horror movies since i was like 5 (i am 25).... some of my favorites are the saw trilogy (until the 4th movie which in my opinion ruined everything) , hostel , brainscan , halloween , the people under the stairs , candyman , the excorcist , and dr googles. .......... anyways there is a movie i saw quite some time ago which i completely cannot recall what the name was and i am very interested in finding out the name so that i can watch it again. basically the movie starts off with 2 girls who are chatting on the internet with a stranger, and he lures them to come meet him at some "party" .. when they arrive they realize it was a hoax and he immediatly kills one girl, while the other girl gets sent to his private dungeon to get tortured with what we learn to include many other people who are getting tortured in this dungeon. the torture scenes are pretty graphic. basically the girl ends up being the daughter of a cop who starts to hunt him down ... by the end of the movie the cop kills him (if im not mistaken the madman gets burnes alive in the final scene . i even remember that one of the men getting tortured in the chamber was KEVIN POLLAK! he didnt have much air time maybe 5 minutes total but it is noteworthy because this film does not come up in any of his filmography . anyways if anyone can recall this movie and its name it would be a big help thanks so much everyone I'm thinking title you are looking for is "I saw what you did and I know who you are''Hope this helps smile smile

Kris Blaze
I remember seeing a commercial for this movie when I was arond 10 or 11, possibly a couple of years older. So around 2000 ish. The only thing that I can remember is that the setting is an enormous castle where a group of people are captured and experimented on. I think a buzzblade is used at some point, but that's basically all I can remember.

Thanks.

the ninjak
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Looking for an old horror film. Its a slasher that revolves around a ballet or dance school. I somewhat remember the tag line being "5 women, no onw will be alive after the curtain drops"

Suspiria?

Can anyone remember the name of a movie where a man helps an abused woman and takes he home, they fall in love and get married but she is a witch and her coven want her back. There was a scene where she brought a burning tray out of an oven without hurting her hands.

NurseKrud
Originally posted by the ninjak

Can anyone remember the name of a movie where a man helps an abused woman and takes he home, they fall in love and get married but she is a witch and her coven want her back. There was a scene where she brought a burning tray out of an oven without hurting her hands.

Spellbinder (1988)

the ninjak
Originally posted by NurseKrud
Spellbinder (1988)

THANKYOU!!!!!! Happy Dance

the ninjak
Oh man I've got another!

An 80's film, starts with two Lamborginis arrive overlooking a small city.
These glam rock dudes get out and survey it.
They are a demonic rockband and all the kids who go and see them transform into demons.
A local school teacher decides to save his students and tries to kill the band.
At the end of the movie it has a photo of the lead singer and he says "evil" then laughs and the movie ends.

Awesome I know....can anyone help I must have been like 7 years old when it came out on video.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Oh man I've got another!

An 80's film, starts with two Lamborginis arrive overlooking a small city.
These glam rock dudes get out and survey it.
They are a demonic rockband and all the kids who go and see them transform into demons.
A local school teacher decides to save his students and tries to kill the band.
At the end of the movie it has a photo of the lead singer and he says "evil" then laughs and the movie ends.

Awesome I know....can anyone help I must have been like 7 years old when it came out on video.

looks like i found it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094752/

the ninjak
You are a gentleman and a scholar Kazenji! YES! this movie rocked! I was 8 yrs old! Good memories! When Rock was rock!!!

bxACTj1iNyc
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/2037981020A.jpg That's a freakin poster manrock

nealrelics
There is also a scene where this guy stood in the middle of the night and this guy just suddenly out of nowhere and stabs him. I remember this movie years ago and I can not remember what the title is or who she was.

lisamarie90
Hello, i watched a cannibal film it was a recent one not from the 80s it was a reality tv show in the middle of nowere in the woods with different people trying to surive the point of the tv show only i cant remember what the film is called could you please let me know if you do i think it was some were between 1999-2008 thanks soo much

sixella 34
It's most likely Wrong Turn 2: Dead End.

"A group of reality show contestants find themselves fighting for their survival against a family of hideously deformed inbred cannibals who plan to ruthlessly butcher them all."

sixella 34
Originally posted by lisamarie90
Hello, i watched a cannibal film it was a recent one not from the 80s it was a reality tv show in the middle of nowere in the woods with different people trying to surive the point of the tv show only i cant remember what the film is called could you please let me know if you do i think it was some were between 1999-2008 thanks soo much

It's most likely Wrong Turn 2: Dead End.

"A group of reality show contestants find themselves fighting for their survival against a family of hideously deformed inbred cannibals who plan to ruthlessly butcher them all."

Dr Mystery
I'm trying to remember a movie from probably early to mid 80's. Some idiot unleashes an ancient curse in a morgue, they all get trapped by re-animated corpses (weird rubber puppetry), there is also a poodle in it that gets infected and turns into a huge beastie.

NurseKrud
The Boneyard (1991)

Dr Mystery
Originally posted by NurseKrud
The Boneyard (1991)

That's it! Thank you. Was that film really from 1991?

Nilpmar
Hi all. Just found this site and I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me ID this film.
All I know about it is it starts with the camera looking at the lower half of a woman's legs. It becomes clear that the woman in question is bound to a chair and is about to be tortured. I think the torture happens off screen while we're still looking at the legs and I think it involves a pair of pliers.
Anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Dr Mystery
I' ve been trying to remember a film from my childhood. I think it involved a Voodoo Priestess of some sort killing people with some kind of claw ( similar to the claw at the end of Enter The Dragon), I also think there was a scene where she killed a some guys in a multi-storey car park. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Blinky
Ok I'm looking for two movies that I remember very little of, it's been at like 15 years or so since I last saw them.

1) A movie where teens get trapped in a mall. A single killer murders them. Some chick gets her head cut off by an elevator.

2) A movie about some highschool kids who hate their sexy-looking teacher. They decide to play a prank on her, they end up raping and killing her. The teacher lives in some house in a swamp ( I dunno why I remember that). Also I think some body gets their head chopped off by a wire fence, while riding a motorcycle.

Both movies were probably made in the late 70's to mid 80's, both are absolutely shitty movies.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>