Master Chief Vs. Doomguy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diamond Kisses
shrug

They have their weapons from respective game, while the setting is the main facility of Third Echelon raver

Burning thought
hm hasnt this already been done?

they both die, just as Doom guy pulls the trigger the energy ball of his BFG will blast MC to dust just as MC pulls a sniper trigger but i dont know the layout of that facility tbh

Diamond Kisses
All I have seen is gauntlets stick out tongue

Burning thought
what does Third Echolon look like, also although chief has all these physical superiorities, he just does not have Doom guys firepower, the likelyness is that Doom guys weapon will kill MC even after Doom guy goes down anyway

either way their dead, but i think Doom guy has the edge

Diamond Kisses
More or less a big office and military facility combined in multiple floors and apartements yes

Burning thought
well if they know about eachother without CIS and character emotion and likelyness of acts and they know their out to kill eachother its Doom guy easily

he just pulls the trigger and the blast would rip through the office, fly through and simply disintgrate MC with either a beam or the blast itself

Csdabest
10/10 For Master Cheif. Doom Guy doesnt stand a chance in hell.

Wandering Flame
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
shrughug

Originally posted by Csdabest
10/10 For Master Cheif. Doom Guy doesnt stand a chance in hell. Hell yeah he does, he beats anyone in hell!

Diamond Kisses
Originally posted by Burning thought
well if they know about eachother without CIS and character emotion and likelyness of acts and they know their out to kill eachother its Doom guy easily

he just pulls the trigger and the blast would rip through the office, fly through and simply disintgrate MC with either a beam or the blast itself

Master Chief survives a falling building shockyes

Csdabest
Sniper Rifle to the face.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!

Burning thought
Sniper Rifle to the face.

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!!

BFG from metres away, BOOM!! whole body shot!!!!

Csdabest
Splazer(Spartan Lazer) From Forever away. Peirces through BFG. BOOM Whole Doomverse.

Csdabest
But yeah thats the only thing that Space marine guy has. is the BFG. And Cheif has spratan lazer. Better range faster fire rate. And faster travel speed. It moves at the speed of light. Naturaly Cheif is stronger faster, smarter, more agile, have better defenses.more durable and has better accuracy than space machine. Though not as cool Cheif weapons are more effient. His grenades are more effeient. Thats just human weapons. Covenant weapons put even more distance. The only thing that Doomguy has is BFG and cheif matches it. So yeah.

Diamond Kisses
BFG?

Burning thought
But yeah thats the only thing that Space marine guy has. is the BFG. And Cheif has spratan lazer. Better range faster fire rate. And faster travel speed. It moves at the speed of light. Naturaly Cheif is stronger faster, smarter, more agile, have better defenses.more durable and has better accuracy than space machine. Though not as cool Cheif weapons are more effient. His grenades are more effeient. Thats just human weapons. Covenant weapons put even more distance. The only thing that Doomguy has is BFG and cheif matches it. So yeah.

erm so no....Chief does not match the BFG in no way shape or form, especially in this area, all the guy has to do is pull the strigger and most of the level will be bust as a huge orb of green energy slices through it, sending beams out and disintigrating all that they touch, one of which would be MC

not to menstion his powers over time, the power of invulerability, yes you forgot those little doozies didnt you all and it enhances the power of his weaponry....MC is how do i say this...DOOMED!!!

Burning thought
Originally posted by Diamond Kisses
BFG?
big friendly giant

IceJaw
Originally posted by Burning thought
big friendly giant
Or Big f*cking gun.

I dunno, which is it?

Also, Doomguy = Doomed.

And no, I'm not trying to be funny.

Burning thought
Originally posted by IceJaw
Or Big f*cking gun.

I dunno, which is it?

Also, Doomguy = Doomed.

And no, I'm not trying to be funny.

lawls yes ofc

and no...in what way, shape or form....

time will be slowed, Doom guy will be invincible and be able to hit like a train....one punch and MC will split in half

Csdabest
Splazer is basicly the same except a more concentrated high output lazer. That moves faster than BFG. BFG is damaging but it has it range and its not that accurate. Plus Cheif uses his bubble sheild to counter avoiding it. The Cheid blocks all. Attacks. But you can just walk into it. For the little Dozer machines. Easily get takin by the EMP gear. And since when does he have power over time/

Burning thought
Splazer is basicly the same except a more concentrated high output lazer. That moves faster than BFG. BFG is damaging but it has it range and its not that accurate. Plus Cheif uses his bubble sheild to counter avoiding it. The Cheid blocks all. Attacks. But you can just walk into it. For the little Dozer machines. Easily get takin by the EMP gear. And since when does he have power over time/

time, invulerability AND super strength

he gains it from the heart thing called the hellstone

Chief will never survive, and can you prove this partan lazer is as powerful in any way as the BFG? the thing is a massive ball , not accurate? their beams, its one huge orb that sends a beam out, like an orb fireing loads of spartan lazers, and its not innacurate at all, the beams lock on to targets nearby...

Csdabest
Hell no the BFG is not accurate. Just because its radius doesnt mean its accurate. BFG is slow as hell compared to the Splazer. Cheif would hit him with the splazer way before ther BFG would even et to him.

Burning thought
rubbish, its not that slow, not as fast as the spartan laser, but its beams in the radious move basically instantly, the energy orb radious is fairly huge, a good few metres and the blast itself melts through basically anything, then the orb hits and destroys everything in a area, Accuracy is not the same as speed, accuracy is when you fire a machinegun and the rounds spray all over the place, thats innacuracy, the BFG has near to perfect accuracy, its just slow compared to a bullet but it does not need ot be fast, a huge burning energy orb with beams that melt you within like i dunno, it seems about 4 metres, maybe more, he still has plasma machinegun thing and the chain gun

but anyway, speed wont mean anything nor will guns when Doom guy is running around in slow mo, punching MC about and being invulerable anyway.....he could just run up and fire the BFG into the MC face

Csdabest
Yeah and cheif would avoid that considering how fast he is. Running over a kilometer in 9. secounds. So yes he would avoid it. Again rendering the BFG useless. If it close area then yes it would be a threat. But then cheif will use his Bubble sheild avoiding it. And how much stronger is Space marine with his super strength. Can I get a strength feat. If not doesnt really go past a title. Also how slow will it make Cheif. Since cheif is leagues faster than The space Marine. And for the last scenario. Whats he going to do aginst a bubble sheild. He runs up to cheif cheif snipes him, uses plasma weaponry. Burning thoughts best chance is at distance using distance with BFG. Which cheif has alot of ways around it. and im looking up the hellstone as well

Burning thought
Yeah and cheif would avoid that considering how fast he is. Running over a kilometer in 9. secounds. So yes he would avoid it. Again rendering the BFG useless. If it close area then yes it would be a threat. But then cheif will use his Bubble sheild avoiding it. And how much stronger is Space marine with his super strength. Can I get a strength feat. If not doesnt really go past a title. Also how slow will it make Cheif. Since cheif is leagues faster than The space Marine. And for the last scenario. Whats he going to do aginst a bubble sheild. He runs up to cheif cheif snipes him, uses plasma weaponry. Burning thoughts best chance is at distance using distance with BFG. Which cheif has alot of ways around it. and im looking up the hellstone as well

good then youll realise how futile chief will be

it slows him down incredibly, the doomguy can slow down time so that things, basically all projectiles move incredibly slowly, his strength increases enough for him to one hit punch any of the demons such as hell knights, mancubus' bruisers and he is invulerable.....

his shield? his mind will slow down so how will he even have the ability to activate it in the first place, he has to power that thing up, one shot of the BFG close range and MC is a toasty, cooked well done

Remindme
IMO, Doom guy takes this easily.

MC doesn't even have to be in line of sight for the BFG to kill him. Stack that up with the fact theres no way he can expect the result of a shot from that thing.

I'd say the idea of MC winning is kinda unrealistic at best.

9/10 Doomguy

In all fairness, take the BFG away you'd get the excat opposite odds in my opinion.

Burning thought
nah, you still have those effects i menstioned from the heat, Doom guy takes MC with his fists....or he does it with a pistol or something, but the BFG is a definnite win

Csdabest
how do you know that it slows down thought. Obviously you have no idea how fast thought is. and cheif sheilds are autotically on unless your talking about his bubble sheild. And i dont think Space marine has enough strength to short out Cheifs sheild.

Remindme
BFG Would one-shot though his sheild, easily

Burning thought
how do you know that it slows down thought. Obviously you have no idea how fast thought is. and cheif sheilds are autotically on unless your talking about his bubble sheild. And i dont think Space marine has enough strength to short out Cheifs sheild.

it affects it because its affecting time as a whole......

and yes, its in milliseconds isnt it, but even the slightest change could mean the diffrence...he is going to be that much slower than the marine is, not to menstion the guy is completly invulerable...

why doesnt he just take Chiefs soul and be done with it..game..set and match

Luminatus
Don't like Chief's chances.
A8yc5bnOrSc

NemeBro
Master Chief headshots Doomguy with a pistol before Doomguy even holds the BFG out. erm

Nemesis X
omg run for your lives, he's got the halo 1 pistol!

LLLLLink
Gorramn it!. I was just thinking about making this EXACT thread, and lo and behold, someone beat me to it.

Curses.
Doomguy ftw because he is the most alert protagonist ever (with the exeption of Link in the Wind Waker )
Also, he can run faster than hell itself. Seriously, he is fvcking fast.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Hehe, beat you to it alright. Almost years ago stick out tongue

Fast as he may be, I believe in Master Chief.

LLLLLink
MC has some good strengths, but Doomguy is genetically enhanced. This gives him sharp senses, speed and accuracy and crap like that.

Plus, Doomguy can tank a rocket. MC cannot.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by LLLLLink
MC has some good strengths, but Doomguy is genetically enhanced. This gives him sharp senses, speed and accuracy and crap like that.

Plus, Doomguy can tank a rocket. MC cannot.

Both are genetically enhanced. Master Chief see the world five times slower than anyone else (Slowmotion). He dodge bullets and flip tanks. He is a master of every weapon, human and covenant alike.

Master Chief can tank so much more than a rocket. Throw jeeps and grenades at him and he will walk on. Drop him through the atmosphere and he'll shrug it of. This fight is in the palm of Chief's hand.

NemeBro

Plus, Doomguy can tank a rocket. MC cannot. ...Lol wtf.

Master Chief doesn't need to tank a rocket, he catches them.

The Valiant
MC gets owned by the BFG.

NemeBro
He can't use it before he gets capped in the head.

The Valiant
Who's to say it's not already out? Unless MC has better reflexes or whatever the hell. Anyway, timeslow xD.

WO Polaski
he DOES have better reflexes. the man caught a missile and bullets move in slow motion to his eyes

The Valiant
Well, timeslow.

WO Polaski
well, banned. big grin

NemeBro
The lulz in what just happened is almost too much to bare.

Darkstorm Zero
However, the stage for this battle seems to be a seek-and-destroy setting, this gives Doomguy a HUGE edge. The artifacts + BFG = disintegrated Cheif in a room to room battle

NemeBro
Nah.

Since I am far too lazy to actually think of how this would work out considering the situation both are in, I think of this fight as an open room with MC capping Doomguy before Doomguy can do anything.

Darkstorm Zero
Sorry, Neme, OP dictates otherwise.

Besides, openspace Doomguy still has artifacts and other shite... Hell, he tanks rockets easily enough, why not a bullet?

NemeBro
Because I say so.

But where does he tank rockets? Gameplay? Cutscenes? What?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
However, the stage for this battle seems to be a seek-and-destroy setting, this gives Doomguy a HUGE edge. The artifacts + BFG = disintegrated Cheif in a room to room battle

Disintegrated? I hope that weapon can pack a decent punch. Master Chief doesn't exactly have a frail piece of metal for armor. The heat at entry through atmosphere and the impact on Earth after entry are both EXTREME showings of durability.

Sorry, Neme, OP dictates otherwise.

Besides, openspace Doomguy still has artifacts and other shite... Hell, he tanks rockets easily enough, why not a bullet?

This might shock you, but a bullet has greater piercing force than a rocket. And a seek and destroy battle is in no way a disadvantage for Master Chief. His motion detector sense people at quite the mighty distance, not to mention his super hearing and reflexes.

As for tanking a rocket, that's not at all very impressive. Master Chief doesn't even get hit by them, so although he can tank them, he doesn't have to stick out tongue I can see Master Chief wait around the corner, and when Doomguy is near he comes around the corner and apply the precious 50 ton force on his skull.

Darkstorm Zero
He can take several from the Cyberdemon... To the face...

And bullets having higher penetrating power than a rocket? Unless your talking Sabot AP rounds, then don't get your hopes up on that thought...

As for disintegration... the BFG utterly SHITES on ANY Covy plasma weapon short of the Wraith Cannon or Scarab main cannon, NEITHER of which Cheif could take a direct hit from.

And if you beleive Cheif has strength or speed advantages, that can easily be rreversed with the use of the Hellstone, it's powers make Cheif utterly impotent because of invulnerability, heltime and strength enough to GREASE demons in one punch... and I mean grease literally, like half a square mile of fishpaste that was once solid living flesh of demons. MC has NOTHING on the hitting strength enough to cause that kind of damage, thats borderline Gouki level.

ArtificialGlory
BFG is already a very powerful weapon, but amped up with the Artifact, it can deal insane amounts of damage.

Wait a minute, is the Artifact even allowed?

Kazenji
He can take several from the Cyberdemon... To the face...

Unless of course this was the Doomguy from the old games he would get killed in an instant.

Darkstorm Zero
Even then, he could take 2 before falling, full armour and health of course.

Kazenji
I think your right there..........been aaaaaaages since i've played the old Doom games

I suppose everthing it allowed for this fight in that case then Doomguy wins he just needs to get the Invulnerability artifact.

Darkstorm Zero
Or activate Hellstone once he finds Cheif. Then it's splattered John on the walls.

Phanteros
Originally posted by NemeBro
The lulz in what just happened is almost too much to bare. i got him banned in the kratos vs dante debate.

Bluesteel
If we take them at their best Doomguy wins with all the overpowered items he can get. MC dose not stand a chance against that it's not even debatable it's like putting a guy in a wheel chair up against Mike Tyson in his prime

NemeBro
Why does the majority of this argument sound like retarded gameplay shit?

Kazenji
Such as ?

Darkstorm Zero
I would like to know what spurred that accusation...

Luminatus
All there is to go on for Doomguy IS gameplay.
That's how the classic FPS's worked.
Why Quakeguy and Duke Nukem are speedstars.

Also, where does the idea that bullets move in slow motion for Master Chief come from?

WO Polaski
the novels. the fall of reach to be exact.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Luminatus
All there is to go on for Doomguy IS gameplay.
That's how the classic FPS's worked.
Why Quakeguy and Duke Nukem are speedstars.

Also, where does the idea that bullets move in slow motion for Master Chief come from?

The classic FPS also had a tendency of being unrealistic. Regular humans in any Half-Life mode and most other thinkable FPS games could tank several rounds to the head. Some even rocketlaunchers. I guess humans were just so much more powerful back in the days.

NemeBro
Yeah.

If all the Doomguy supporters have is durability feats based on game mechanics, MC shoots him once.

Luminatus
Game mechanics ia all Doomguy has. So it's either use that or don't even make a thrad with him.

Fact is classic FPS heroes are just better than Chief. They can outrun their own rockets, become invincible, have some insaenly wanked guns....that's how they were made.

And why Quake and Doom are better than Halo ever could be.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Or those that actually support Doomguy can accept the fact that all he has is gameplay mechanics and that his true durability is not at all impressive in truth. I mean, we've all seen the movie Doom. Unless stated otherwise, we can assume that he's as durable as those guys.

You know he's a geneticly enhanced human. The same way you know that, you know his limits. You know he has enhanced senses, speed and accuracy. So the same way you know that, you know if he is more durable or not.

Luminatus
Why the heck would you assume he's equal to his movie Doom self? Lana/Peach already said the comics version of Pyron/Darkstalkers wasn't allowes so why would the movie version o fDoom be used?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Luminatus
Why the heck would you assume he's equal to his movie Doom self? Lana/Peach already said the comics version of Pyron/Darkstalkers wasn't allowes so why would the movie version o fDoom be used?

Wasn't saying he's equal. Read my post again.

LLLLLink
Personally, I never count any comics or manga as canon, regardless of whether they are officially backed or not. If it didnt happen in the game, it didnt happen, period. Just a simple precaution to keep away from the fanfiction (damn Sonic fans...)

Darkstorm Zero
As far as I've seen, Doomguy does posess extraordinary luck, I mean he's the sole survivor and victor over hell in ANY Doom game, avoiding hell's mindraping too...

NemeBro
Kay.

So he has some good mental constitution.

And he is not better than Master "Gary Stu" Chief simply because he does not even have a name.

If he has no feats other than gameplay mechanic shit, he loses, and he should NOT be put in threads.

Kazenji
How is picking up a Invulnerability artifact a gameplay mechanic?

its not much different to Master cheif getting his overshield item.

NemeBro
I was not talking about the invulnerability artifact.

Ridley_Prime
Personally, I never count any comics or manga as canon, regardless of whether they are officially backed or not. If it didnt happen in the game, it didnt happen, period.
If it's officially backed, then it most likely did happen, like it or not. Something doesn't always have to happen in a game for it to be considered canon.

Just a simple precaution to keep away from the fanfiction (damn Sonic fans...)
That's something totally different.

NemeBro
Yeah...Fanfiction is made by the fans, not made by the company that makes the games or a company officially given the authority to do so by the father company.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Unless the fanfiction is written by me, it's not alright mhm

LLLLLink
And I totally understand where you guys are coming from. I just personally feel that if the information is that important, it shouldve been put in the game, that's all.

Call me crazy, but this is what I believe:
Game content > what a creator speaks or what official comics say

In layman's terms, the game content is the bible for what is canon.

Ridley_Prime
For you I suppose. erm

WO Polaski
only the cutscenes in a game are the primary canon and they only take precedence over non-game canon if there is a direct contradiction.

LLLLLink
Well, I'm assuming that you guys have a little discernment when it comes to gameplay being canon. Like the whole "I need to get the key to open the fence that I could just hop over." scenario. :/

NemeBro
Obviously.

LLLLLink
Well then, good for you big grin

Nemesis X
Master Chief shoots Doomguy with the Halo 1 pistol and T bags his corpse laughing out loud

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Master Chief shoots Doomguy with the Halo 1 pistol and T bags his corpse laughing out loud That's sick dude. You have a twisted imagination.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
That's sick dude. You have a twisted imagination.

Go listen to NemeBro's fantasies and tell me that again.

NemeBro
What have you heard out of curiosity?

Nemesis X
What have you heard out of curiosity?

Things I do not want to mention sick

NemeBro
Coward!

Nemesis X
Coward!

Like I give a crap. I'm trying to prevent this entire forum from vomiting.

NemeBro
Was it the one with Tinker Bell?

Phanteros
Was it the one with Tinker Bell? sicko, that was my fantasy along with doing a female genie.

NemeBro
I had a great one with Tinker Bell lol.

QLTVspace
OK so here is the thing. In RL MC dosn't have his newb friendly aim assist and we all know without aim assist you can't hit shit in Halo. That's point 1. This leads into me second point which is the Doom runspeed is 4x the halo runspeed, you don't jump like a floating moron and are much much much faster. MC wouldn't be able to hit the Doom trooper cuz his runspeed is nerfed to make the game easy for people that suck at FPS.

Dooms rocket actually travel quickly.. and the DBS well.. shield or no shield that baby would cus MC down in a single shot. You have to remember when you play Halo you feel like you''re running in Quicksand.. when you play doom you are ****ing moving quick, can circle and strafe jump and are generally more bad ass. Thats just considering d2 weapons.. if we get into D3 and the black hole generating weapon, chaingun that shoots a thousand rounds a minute and rapid fire RL that has a 7 shot before reload capacity, available armoring and we're talking MC getting rapped by Doom guy and tea bagged infront of his mom.

I mean common, with 200 armor 150 HP a Splazer would take hit after hit to do anything. All the Doom trooper has to do is fire a black whole in the vacintity of MC and hes going to be eating lunch in another dimension.

Bare in mind this dosnt take into account any of the expansion pack weapons and toys in the doom universe.

Get raped master chief and plz keep yourself in the slow ass runspeed floaty ass newb jumping universe where you belong and stay the hell out of the skilled gaming realm where player run fast, can strafe and circle jump and know how to get the job done.

Maybe if it was five spartans against a single doom guy and all he had has melee weapons it would be a fair fight.. but even then the lame ass Spartans would still have to deal with actually hitting a target.

QLTVspace
Also Doomguy appears in Quake giving him access to....

Lightning gun.. new BFG.. RL with no reload and insane fire rate.. and oh yah.. THE RAILGUN.

Pull that sniper now lawls big grin

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by QLTVspace
MC wouldn't be able to hit the Doom trooper cuz his runspeed is nerfed to make the game easy for people that suck at FPS.

This would be the right time to inform you that the same goes for Master Chief. He's slower in the game. In canon, he's actually an effortless bullet-timer who run much faster than you experience in the game.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by QLTVspace
Also Doomguy appears in Quake giving him access to....

Lightning gun.. new BFG.. RL with no reload and insane fire rate.. and oh yah.. THE RAILGUN.

Pull that sniper now lawls big grin

lawl chief without his suit and weaponless would be the doomguy's ass period

LLLLLink
Come on people. Doomguy can rape the demons of hell with his BARE HANDS (plus a spiky ring). 'Nuff said, right?

Q'Anilia
Come on people. Doomguy can rape the demons of hell with his BARE HANDS (plus a spiky ring). 'Nuff said, right?

Master Chief can rape the demons from space with his bare hands stick out tongue Since they aren't earthly, they aren't necessarily weaker wink

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/distubringthread.jpg

Nemesis X
Master Chief's armor doesn't make a dent when it falls through Earth's atmosphere and crashes hard on the ground.

Doomguy's armor can get weakened even from hellfire.

Master Chief is strong enough to lift a Scorpion tank.

Doomguy isn't even strong enough to lift an everyday car.

Master Chief can defeat an alien armada with just a pistol.

It would take a miracle for Doomguy to go through Doom 3 with just a pistol.

Master Chief wins.

Doomguy loses.

LLLLLink
Doomguy hits MC with the butt of his shotgun. LMAO
(Im jk)

Ridley_Prime
I feel it should be pointed out that when Doomguy is in "Berserk" mode, he gets superhuman strength, killing most demons in one punch. It wouldn't be much of a stretch (if at all) to say he can easily lift an everyday car with that kind of power as well.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I feel it should be pointed out that when Doomguy is in "Berserk" mode, he gets superhuman strength, killing most demons in one punch. It wouldn't be much of a stretch (if at all) to say he can easily lift an everyday car with that kind of power as well.

Not a far stretch, but certainly not a guarantee and most certainly not on terms with the Chief stick out tongue

Darkstorm Zero
Master Chief's armor doesn't make a dent when it falls through Earth's atmosphere and crashes hard on the ground.

Doomguy's armor can get weakened even from hellfire.

Master Chief is strong enough to lift a Scorpion tank.

Master Chief can defeat an alien armada with just a pistol.

It would take a miracle for Doomguy to go through Doom 3 with just a pistol.

Master Chief wins.

Doomguy loses.

Fanboy logic at it's best...

Your points on the armour get fubared horribly by your own comparison... Hellfire is CONSIDERABLY hotter than even star temperatures, which going by plasma weapons used in Halo still desintegrate Spartan II soldiers.

You fail at reading, Berzerker Doomguy shows absolutely insane strength & speed feats that anihilate anything Cheif does by 2 orders of magnitude...

Uhuh.... Yeah..... Too bad he never did that.... Oh and I beat Doom 3 with nothing but a torch.

ArtificialGlory
Just give Doomguy the Artifact and Chief will find it hard to breath or live with his windpipe in his ass.

Otherwise Doomguy gets pwned.

SpadeKing
If I could find that old issue of game informer I would pull up the direct qoute of the creators saying how easy it would be for someone like Chief to run through that game haermm

What insane feats? I've just seen him go mike tyson on demons and run faster than normal.

as far as I remember he is still a normal human who wouldn't be able to react to chief's speed.

They never had a disintegrated spartan no expression the only injury seen was Sam's but it was mark IV armor and he had his skin blackened from where he was hit.

and how did you beat the "most powerful demon" with a torch blink

Nemesis X
Your points on the armour get fubared horribly by your own comparison... Hellfire is CONSIDERABLY hotter than even star temperatures, which going by plasma weapons used in Halo still desintegrate Spartan II soldiers.

You fail at reading, Berzerker Doomguy shows absolutely insane strength & speed feats that anihilate anything Cheif does by 2 orders of magnitude...

Uhuh.... Yeah..... Too bad he never did that.... Oh and I beat Doom 3 with nothing but a torch.

You don't know what would happen if hellfire made contact with spartan armor. Some people in here question if magic can even harm Chief.

Where's the proof that berserk doomguy is far stronger than MC?

Vids or it didn't happen.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Not a far stretch, but certainly not a guarantee and most certainly not on terms with the Chief stick out tongue
Yeah, I know. Just sayin'.

Some people in here question if magic can even harm Chief.
Ugh. That's where he's being overrated.

And the old Master Chief vs Samus Aran thread has shown just how reliable most MC supporters can be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpadeKing
well considering their suits are not tested against magic I'll put my bet that it can affect them.

ArtificialGlory
Why wouldn't magic be able to affect Spartans/MC? Any reason for this?

Darkstorm Zero
You don't know what would happen if hellfire made contact with spartan armor. Some people in here question if magic can even harm Chief.

Where's the proof that berserk doomguy is far stronger than MC?

Vids or it didn't happen.

#1: Proof that MC can withstand magic then. In any religious or fanasy depiction, Hellfire burns hotter than anything in reality.

#2: The fact that he splatters ANYTHING he hits in a single punch. Chief CANNOT match that, hell he cant oneshot a Hell Knight like Taggart can, with nothing but his fist.

#3: I didn't make vids, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Q'Anilia
Doesn't the Prophets use magic?

Darkstorm Zero
No...... Holograms & energy weapons arn't magic

SpadeKing
The same demons that also occasionally explode from shotgun blasts up close and even though they live in hellfire conditions can die from plasma guns? also explode from that?

If the demons can get crushed that easily, which not all of them even do, then chief would do worse, the guy is a normal marine, with nothing special done to him except doom 3 guy got a cube with special powers.

Nemesis X
Good thing Doomguy doesn't know Master Chief's true weakness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlR_4XfSX5g

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by SpadeKing
The same demons that also occasionally explode from shotgun blasts up close and even though they live in hellfire conditions can die from plasma guns? also explode from that?

If the demons can get crushed that easily, which not all of them even do, then chief would do worse, the guy is a normal marine, with nothing special done to him except doom 3 guy got a cube with special powers.

Thats a very foolish thing to say... for one the shotgun doesnt gibb a demon. Demons are immune (And infact, generate) Hellfire, Cheif is not.

You have no evidence to support that oppinion. The fact that Doomguy has both the Soulcube and the Hellstone, and MC has no defence against them means he loses. Badly.

SpadeKing
The double barreled one might as well do that, immune to hellfire but can't take plasma hits? well their fire must not be that hot then if they can take their own fire but not plasma.

true but there is not really any evidence except a berserk pack on any of the doomguy's being able to do anything spectacular or physically on par with chief.

considering chief's reaction time it is one hot kill before the doomguy gets anything off ermm

occultdestroyer
Doomguy would win in GOD MODE.

Otherwise, he gets an ass-whooping.

Darkstorm Zero
The double barreled one might as well do that, immune to hellfire but can't take plasma hits? well their fire must not be that hot then if they can take their own fire but not plasma.

true but there is not really any evidence except a berserk pack on any of the doomguy's being able to do anything spectacular or physically on par with chief.

considering chief's reaction time it is one hot kill before the doomguy gets anything off ermm

#1: It's magic, they generate Hellfire, but Plasma thats not hellfire indeed does work, it works because it's a foreign energy type, it's a specific immunity because they are demonspawn.

#2: But it still doesn't gib Demons, your argument has no merit.

#3: Considering the scenario in the OP, the chief gets Fecked royally. The Hellstone alone wipes out any enhancing advantage he has by giving triple that advantage to Taggart.

SpadeKing
triple what advantage? it doesn't enhance his physical abilities except make him temporarily invulnerable. Now I think of it what even makes the hellfire magical? they're damn demons I would guess they would have the ability to spew out actual fire.

these doomguys seem to have trouble with demons nowhere near the physical level of halo's "demon", except those super demon bosses who still subcumb to gunfire.

ArtificialGlory
triple what advantage? it doesn't enhance his physical abilities except make him temporarily invulnerable. Now I think of it what even makes the hellfire magical? they're damn demons I would guess they would have the ability to spew out actual fire.

these doomguys seem to have trouble with demons nowhere near the physical level of halo's "demon", except those super demon bosses who still subcumb to gunfire.

Let's clear some things up. The Artifact(also known as the Hellstone) grants the marine:
1. Increased speed and likely reflexes.
2. Slows down time(or speeds up for the marine) for everyone except for Doomguy.
3. Increases physical strength to the point where he can literally punt a Hellknight or a Mancubus/Bruiser with a single punch, killing them instantly.
4. Vastly increases the firepower of Doomguy's weapons to the point where a single shot from a measly pistol can rip through a large demon like a Hellknight.
5. Grants him invincibility from only but the most powerful of enemies.

SpadeKing
I think it was slowing down time, the stone was basically a berserk pack with extra powers.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Let's clear some things up. The Artifact(also known as the Hellstone) grants the marine:
2. Slows down time(or speeds up for the marine) for everyone except for Doomguy.
3. Increases physical strength to the point where he can literally punt a Hellknight or a Mancubus/Bruiser with a single punch, killing them instantly.
4. Vastly increases the firepower of Doomguy's weapons to the point where a single shot from a measly pistol can rip through a large demon like a Hellknight.

What durability feats does the demons have?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
What durability feats does the demons have?

They can take loads of hits from rocket launchers, plasma weapons and pretty much from anything else that isn't a BFG or the Soulcube.

ArtificialGlory
I think it was slowing down time, the stone was basically a berserk pack with extra powers.

It is possible that it slows down time from only the user's perspective.

The demon boss who used this power appeared to be zipping around really fast. Eventually the demon was absorbed into the Artifact, allowing its user to use his time powers.

SpadeKing
hmm well I never played the bosses I just got to play around with that cheap cube

They can take loads of hits from rocket launchers, plasma weapons and pretty much from anything else that isn't a BFG or the Soulcube.

I wouldn't say loads unless you mean the boss demons.

Sin_Volvagia

In that case, Master Chief has a worthy opponent.

Nemesis X
Don't Doomguy's powers only have effect on demons?

Ridley_Prime
Don't Doomguy's powers only have effect on demons?
Um, no. That was never stated/mentioned anywhere.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Um, no. That was never stated/mentioned anywhere.

Well if that's the case then Master Chief still wins because he's more tough than a Hellknight and besides, he can one punch Brutes.

SuperLuigi
this shouldnt even be debated. no matter how fast doomguy goes master chief will see him in slow motion. the suit gives chief ample protection. doomguy is done. thread over

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
this shouldnt even be debated. no matter how fast doomguy goes master chief will see him in slow motion. the suit gives chief ample protection. doomguy is done. thread over

The time slow and speed the Artifact provides should more than even things out on that.

I honestly doubt that the Chief can survive an Artifact amped BFG shot.

SuperLuigi
i havent played recent doom games but the doom95 on cpu that gun didnt kill an unarmored cyberdemon in one hit. plus im guessing chief will be able to dodge it anyway.

ArtificialGlory
i havent played recent doom games but the doom95 on cpu that gun didnt kill an unarmored cyberdemon in one hit. plus im guessing chief will be able to dodge it anyway.

I was talking about Doom3/Resurrection of Evil here.

SuperLuigi
oh my bad. still dont see it harming chief.

ArtificialGlory
oh my bad. still dont see it harming chief.

I don't see Chief harming Doomguy when under the effects of the Artifact.

SuperLuigi
unless it lasts forever then chief wins

ArtificialGlory
unless it lasts forever then chief wins

It depends on how many charges Doomguy gets. One charge lasts about 15 seconds. That's about the time needed for Doomguy to unload a few machine gun clips into Master Chief, reducing him to gory bits.

SuperLuigi
bullets bounce off chiefs armor

XanatosForever
Are people still arguing that MC can tank a rocket? Just curious.

ArtificialGlory
bullets bounce off chiefs armor

A single Hellstone amped bullet equals a couple of direct rocket launcher hits.

Imagine Chief taking a barrage of those from a Minigun or a machine gun, or better yet, from a plasma gun. Chief would be turned into Souffle.

Darkstorm Zero
Here is the situation as it stands, they are inside a base, which meens room to room corridor fighting. They don't start face to face and don't know where eachother are.

They are armed with all available weapons and gagets.

Chief may have a tech edge, and enhancements, but Taggart has an insane AOE weapon, and two very powerful magical artifacts, one would oneshot Chief, and the other gives Taggart strength + speed advantages well beyond anything Chief can ever hope to do, Plus it offers invulnerability.

Albeit it is limited to roughly 30 seconds per use, but it has 3 charges. Thats 180 seconds, more than enough time to wade through anything Chief can throw at him, run him down, and rip his head off, Titanium Ceramic bones or not.

A Hellstone amped BFG or even a rocket is overkill... Hell the Chaingun amped by a Hellstone charge would liquify him in seconds, and with the Hellstones speed amp, Chief can't dodge something THAT fast...

ArtificialGlory
Albeit it is limited to roughly 30 seconds per use, but it has 3 charges. Thats 180 seconds, more than enough time to wade through anything Chief can throw at him, run him down, and rip his head off, Titanium Ceramic bones or not.

Actually, one charge only lasts 15 seconds, and 30*3 is only 90 :P

XanatosForever
Way more than enough, though.

Darkstorm Zero
Gah, lack of attention on my part.

However, I'm pretty certain it was a full 30 seconds, not 15.

I should play it again, but I have work.

Nevertheless, the Hellstone makes this a horrible stomp in favour of Taggart.

ArtificialGlory
Gah, lack of attention on my part.

However, I'm pretty certain it was a full 30 seconds, not 15.

I should play it again, but I have work.

Nevertheless, the Hellstone makes this a horrible stomp in favour of Taggart.

I don't know, maybe it depends on the difficulty setting or something. I counted and it was 15.

SpadeKing
taggart wouldn't happen to be any of the real doomguys, he is just the book guy who fought aliens no expression

isn't it only one power that works at once from the stone or is it multiple?

ArtificialGlory
taggart wouldn't happen to be any of the real doomguys, he is just the book guy who fought aliens no expression

isn't it only one power that works at once from the stone or is it multiple?

I don't know. I was talking about the dude from Resurrection of Evil. There have been several different Doomguys in the Doom franchise, so I don't really know which one we're talking about; I was talking about the most powerful one.

All powers from the Hellstone work at once.

SpadeKing
yea that would be a problem, so the stone's powers would either put chief about the same speed as him or maybe slower, hell if I know how that time thing works, stronger bullets or whatnot, and temporarily invulnerable...

Chief's best bet is to hide ermm

hmm seeing as they have everything in the games to their usage, does the doomguy have a radar that can detect someone in active camo?

ArtificialGlory
yea that would be a problem, so the stone's powers would either put chief about the same speed as him or maybe slower, hell if I know how that time thing works, stronger bullets or whatnot, and temporarily invulnerable...

Chief's best bet is to hide ermm

hmm seeing as they have everything in the games to their usage, does the doomguy have a radar that can detect someone in active camo?

I think he has some rudimentary form of radar. However, the Hellstone apparently grants its wielder to "sense"/see human souls. Chief will have a hard time hiding from that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>