Do you think it is right...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
if someone sues another person for giving them HIV

Rogue Jedi
well, if it happened, did the accused know beforehand that they had HIV?

Kinneary
If the accused knew, then hell yes they should be sued at the very least.

SelphieT
I dunno. They both have HIV. Money shouldn't really make you feel any better at the point of time.

Deja~vu
I guess, if one person knew and didn't tell the other or didn't do everything to protect themselves.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
if someone sues another person for giving them HIV Sue them? If it happened to me, I'd prolly kill them.

Quiero Mota

What exactly would you sue them for?

And say you win the case, what do you win from the defendant? Nothing's gonna get rid of the AIDS. When you get AIDS, you're ****ed (no pun intended).

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

And say you win the case, what do you win from the defendant? Nothing's gonna get rid of the AIDS. When you get AIDS, you're ****ed (no pun intended). HIV comes first and can be kept in check with early detection and the right medication.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
HIV comes first and can be kept in check with early detection and the right medication. Which you can buy with the money you get from suing the shit out of the one you received it from.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Which you can buy with the money you get from suing the shit out of the one you received it from. wink

Blax_Hydralisk
Is it against the law to have sex with someone and give them HIV?

Either way the prosecutor's case will suck. The defendant can easily just lie and say he/she told the other that he/she had AIDS, and they agreed anyway, at which it points it just becomes one person's word against another.

Rogue Jedi
just like a woman can scream RAPE, and it's her word against the guys.

Jaime Sommers

Of course. If the infected person did not know beforehand their partner had AIDS, then yes. In fact, I'd recommend that the person who infected the other be charged with manslaughter, because, as a result of their dishonesty, someone will die.

Sabrea
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
just like a woman can scream RAPE, and it's her word against the guys.

Unfortunately in cases like that the law will go with what the women has said. Someone I went to school with is now pulling it with her ex-boyfriend. She consented to sex with him and then to get back at him for breaking up with her she's trying to claim that he raped her. With no evidence on either side, they normally side with the women - but the punishment isn't as harsh as if there is evidence.

As far as suing someone for giving you HIV. I think it depends. If the person that had it knew that they had it and simply didn't tell you to get you to have sex with them and didn't do anything in the slightest to prevent it, I think they'll probably win the case. Only because I have heard of people doing such things on purpose with the mind frame of "well, I have it - so why shouldn't they". I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I have heard such stories.

PiruBlood
you do know if the infected person never told there partner they get life in prison right? h.i.v is as deadly as a bullet to the heart.

Tommy05
If they knew then yeah, then I would give the money to my family. Or if I had none just leave it to some charity when I die.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by PiruBlood
you do know if the infected person never told there partner they get life in prison right? h.i.v is as deadly as a bullet to the heart.

What bollocks.

PiruBlood
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What bollocks.

there was a news break about a guy giving his girlfriend h.i.v i think 3 years ago and he got life in prison with no parole. the guy didnt tell his girlfriend he had the virus. i think its smart because h.i.v is not curable and that guy deserves to die in a cell for what he did.

chillmeistergen
there was a news break about a guy giving his girlfriend h.i.v i think 3 years ago and he got life in prison with no parole. the guy didnt tell his girlfriend he had the virus. i think its smart because h.i.v is not curable and that guy deserves to die in a cell for what he did.

Provide a link.

PiruBlood
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Provide a link.

im to lazy to look.

PiruBlood
i found something that a woman won damages for her hiv case

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2977684.stm

Jaime Sommers
im to lazy to look.

Meaning there is no link, perhaps?

ragesRemorse
this happens often during blood transfusions

Deja~vu
Yeah, it does.

Otherwise at the end of 2003, an estimated 1,039,000 to 1,185,000 persons in the United States were living with HIV/AIDS, with 24-27% undiagnosed and unaware of their HIV infection

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/basic.htm

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

And say you win the case, what do you win from the defendant? Nothing's gonna get rid of the AIDS. When you get AIDS, you're ****ed (no pun intended).

you have a point...

Captain King
No, they take that risk when they have sex. Even if thier partner with-held that information. I would not grant them the privlage to file charges.

Maybe that will teach people to be more self-sefficient and plan carefuly who they sleep with, or take thier lazy God-damn ass down to the hospital and get tested.

If I had hiv i'd puposly sleep with as many prochoice women as possible.

"I'd kill your baby"
"I gave you aids. I guess I win *****".

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Captain King
No, they take that risk when they have sex. Even if thier partner with-held that information. I would not grant them the privlage to file charges.

Maybe that will teach people to be more self-sefficient and plan carefuly who they sleep with, or take thier lazy God-damn ass down to the hospital and get tested.

If I had hiv i'd puposly sleep with as many prochoice women as possible.

"I'd kill your baby"
"I gave you aids. I guess I win *****".

Actual cvnt.

vinz07
if the person RAPED her and positive with HIV, you can file case against him, if not, i think it not right to sue someone. She must sue herself...

Kinneary
You've been together with someone for six months, she cheated on you, got HIV (and knows it), and now she's given it to you. It's your fault?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Kinneary
You've been together with someone for six months, she cheated on you, got HIV (and knows it), and now she's given it to you. It's your fault? If you are pro choice.

Bicnarok
If they knowingly did it then yes.

They have the responsibility to tell their sex partner if they have it or not. Not only for that persons sake but also for the sake of the human race.

Adam_PoE
Do you think it is right if someone sues another person for giving them HIV

If one engages in unprotected sex with an HIV-negative partner without disclosing that he is HIV-positive, then he has committed a crime, and should be prosecuted accordingly.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
If you are pro choice.

Wait, what?

JackieCD

No. You shouldnt rely on others to tell you what you need to know. You're responsible for your OWN actions, not others.

Captain King
Originally posted by Kinneary
You've been together with someone for six months, she cheated on you, got HIV (and knows it), and now she's given it to you. It's your fault?
This aint about faults, are we in grade-school?

I should've known better then to sleep with a whore. I take that risk obviously for the pleasure of sex. Obviously she didn't know either, so now all three of us have aids.

Personaly? I would not care, infact i would say all is forgivven if they conspired with me to spread aids as far as possible amongst the prochoice community. It would be epic lulz.

9/11? More like over 9000!!!!

HIV is like the ****ing shirigami eyes lol!

Bardock42
Shinigami

Symmetric Chaos

Where can I get what you're smoking?

chillmeistergen

I should've known better then to sleep with a whore. I take that risk obviously for the pleasure of sex. Obviously she didn't know either, so now all three of us have aids.

Personaly? I would not care, infact i would say all is forgivven if they conspired with me to spread aids as far as possible amongst the prochoice community. It would be epic lulz.

Yes, because you're that good looking. Or is it that when you have aids, you instantly become the bee's knees, and the ladies love it?

Adam_PoE
I should've known better then to sleep with a whore. I take that risk obviously for the pleasure of sex.

Because only whores get HIV. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kinneary
Fault is what the entire legal system is based on.

So if your wife of ten years cheats on you and gives you HIV (knowingly), it's your fault for risking having sex with your wife? Are you fvcking serious?

Thank god people like you are confined to message boards instead of having any real influence.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Is it against the law to have sex with someone and give them HIV?

Either way the prosecutor's case will suck. The defendant can easily just lie and say he/she told the other that he/she had AIDS, and they agreed anyway, at which it points it just becomes one person's word against another.
Would you have sex with a person who had AIDS or was HIV Positive?

I think the jury would see it the defendants way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.