The Punisher: agree or disagree?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
ok so i dunno if this is the right forum, but i've been wanting to get peoples opinion on this question:

If the Punisher was real person and he was doing the same things that he does in the comics, would you agree with him?

like, would u appreciate him killing those that the law can't touch, or would u scorn him and say that he's a mass murderer and just believe whatever the media would say?....

Tommy05
Yes.

We need people like him in this world.

As long as I don't know any of them. Heh.

pr1983
Originally posted by TheGame17
ok so i dunno if this is the right forum, but i've been wanting to get peoples opinion on this question:

If the Punisher was real person and he was doing the same things that he does in the comics, would you agree with him?

like, would u appreciate him killing those that the law can't touch, or would u scorn him and say that he's a mass murderer and just believe whatever the media would say?....

i don't have to be swayed by the media to think he was a vigilante... thats what he is after all...

also, moving...

TheGame17
Originally posted by pr1983
i don't have to be swayed by the media to think he was a vigilante... thats what he is after all...

also, moving...

where's it moved to?

pr1983
where's it moved to?

where it is now...

Morridini
I would say yes, to a certain point.

I agree to let him take what the system can't handle (people with too much power etc, aka "untouchable" ****s), however I sometime think he takes a too extreme approach to some of the lesser criminals, not all deserve to die.

grey fox
Shoot the corrupt politicians. Not the Jaywalkers.

llagrok
If he sticks to rapists and Huc fanboys, then sure.

SaintSmurph
No... it's easy to talk about it, as we know Frank Castle. But, if some random muscleman started executing random criminals, ordinary citizens would be reading the riot act out to whoever would listen on a forum just like this.

It wouldn't be viewed as heroic. People would be scared.

srankmissingnin
It would be like the end of Boondock Saints. Some people would be like "**** yeah clean up the streets!" and their pussy liberal, bleeding heart friends would be all "Hell no, who made him god?"

endrict
Originally posted by llagrok
If he sticks to rapists and Huc fanboys, then sure.

Or Sentry fanboys.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by pr1983

also, moving...

If you don't mind me asking, what was Paola right about?

Tommy05
Originally posted by endrict
Or Sentry fanboys.

How can anyone be a Sentry fanboy? Have they not read anything with him or something? Then just saw a cool picture and named him god?

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It would be like the end of Boondock Saints. Some people would be like "**** yeah clean up the streets!" and their pussy liberal, bleeding heart friends would be all "Hell no, who made him god?" QFT

willRules
Is killing people right? Hell no, who made Punisher God?

It would be like the end of Boondock Saints. Some people would be like "**** yeah clean up the streets!" and their pussy liberal, bleeding heart friends would be all "Hell no, who made him god?"

NO.

Just no. no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by willRules
Is killing people right? Hell no, who made Punisher God?

NO.

Just no. no expression Liberal weenie! durfist

No wonder SteveRules is>>>>>>>Wil.......

stick out tongue

willRules
mad Punch Bada several times in the back of the head

Badabing
mad Punch Bada several times in the back of the head I don't like the sound of that smilie..... no

Mr. Slippyfist
People would be like:
"Hey, that's Punisher from Marvel comics. His family got killed so he killed them... and then started to kill a bunch of people. It's OK. He's doing God's work."
"God bless him."
"As long as it doesn't turn into that What-If..."

And that's exactly how I expect people to respond. smile

tjcoady
God, no. Not even remotely would I ever, ever be alright with the Punisher existing in real life. He's an adolescent power fantasy. Dear God, I would never, ever condone someone acting the same way as he is. Slaughtering people he judges to be corrupt without a trial? Jesus. That would be terrifying.

Then again, I'm opposed to the state slaughtering people too. I don't think the government should have a right to decide who lives or dies, so I'm pretty against some lunatic with a background in the Marines and a lot of artillery killing people too.

Badabing
Originally posted by tjcoady
God, no. Not even remotely would I ever, ever be alright with the Punisher existing in real life. He's an adolescent power fantasy. Dear God, I would never, ever condone someone acting the same way as he is. Slaughtering people he judges to be corrupt without a trial? Jesus. That would be terrifying.

Then again, I'm opposed to the state slaughtering people too. I don't think the government should have a right to decide who lives or dies, so I'm pretty against some lunatic with a background in the Marines and a lot of artillery killing people too. Hippie! durfist

Tommy05
Kill all evil.

GGS

Then again, I'm opposed to the state slaughtering people too. I don't think the government should have a right to decide who lives or dies, so I'm pretty against some lunatic with a background in the Marines and a lot of artillery killing people too.

But the thing is dude what if some scum came and tried and kill you and your family and the punisher showed up and saved your bacon it was either going to be you or them man would you be terrified that your life was just saved even though the means were not to your liking?

It's like i don't really condone killing either but sometimes you do have to fight fire with fire so in my opinion sometimes it can be justified cause it's either you or them.

Passione
I actually agree.

He is avenging the death of his family and dealing with justice the way is should be dealt.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Passione
I actually agree.

He is avenging the death of his family and dealing with justice the way is should be dealt.

I'm actually glad that other people agree with Castle's approach to justice. He's cleaning up the streets.

llagrok
He's killing people for nothing.

If he would just ease down on the lesser criminals, I would be cool with it.

Passione
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
I'm actually glad that other people agree with Castle's approach to justice. He's cleaning up the streets.

And doing it with such style..

In a way he is saving the poilce time and money..

Tommy05
And doing it with such style..

In a way he is saving the poilce time and money.. I am in love lol.

But honestly killing the lesser ones might be unfair.

Maybe maiming them for life is more suitable.

Passione
Originally posted by Tommy05
I am in love lol.

But honestly killing the lesser ones might be unfair.

Maybe maiming them for life is more suitable.

Okay so kill the rapists, serial killers child abusers etc.. and just injure the other ones..

I suggest either breaking their legs of their fingers..

Tommy05
Okay so kill the rapists, serial killers child abusers etc.. and just injure the other ones..

I suggest either breaking their legs of their fingers.. First sounds right.

I say legs. Fingers aren't enough. Maybe bust a kneecap or two. yes

llagrok

I suggest either breaking their legs of their fingers..

That's the thing, he kills them all.

Badabing
The guilty must be punished. All you liberal weenies need to go hold hands and sing Kum ba yah somewhere else. durfist

willRules
Originally posted by Badabing
The guilty must be punished. All you liberal weenies need to go hold hands and sing Kum ba yah somewhere else. durfist

"The guilty must be punished." Well you're guilty of highly irrational and morally bankrupt thinking, maybe Punisher should shoot you too wink

srankmissingnin

They have a wi-fi connection in your drum circle Sean Penn? stick out tongue

Badabing
"The guilty must be punished." Well you're guilty of highly irrational and morally bankrupt thinking, maybe Punisher should shoot you too wink Shoot me? laughing The Punisher and I are paisanos you dunderhead. Now, go back to your camp fire is continue the Kum ba yah song.

They have a wi-fi connection in your drum circle Sean Penn? stick out tongue crylaugh Srank FTW!!!!!

willRules
Shoot me? laughing The Punisher and I are paisanos you dunderhead. Now, go back to your camp fire is continue the Kum ba yah song.

Oh I see you and Punisher have a connection do you? Is it that you're Paisanos, or more likely the fact that you justify you're intellectually stunted, morally bankrupt attitude by calling others liberal hippies and blowing their brains out. Or could this connection be a much greater one I wonder? I remember the Wolverine issue where it was implied that the Punisher was a homosexual, maybe this explains the connection you share with him yes To be honest with you I'd rather be a liberal hippie than a morally bankrupt, simple minded, irrational psychopath with blatant homosexual undertones stick out tongue

As for calling me a dunderhead, well....... you're a poo head! stick out tongue

Badabing
Oh I see you and Punisher have a connection do you? Is it that you're Paisanos, or more likely the fact that you justify you're intellectually stunted, morally bankrupt attitude by calling others liberal hippies and blowing their brains out. Or could this connection be a much greater one I wonder? I remember the Wolverine issue where it was implied that the Punisher was a homosexual, maybe this explains the connection you share with him yes To be honest with you I'd rather be a liberal hippie than a morally bankrupt, simple minded, irrational psychopath with blatant homosexual undertones stick out tongue

As for calling me a dunderhead, well....... you're a poo head! stick out tongue I guess living under the shadow of SteveRules has cut you deep. laughing out loud

I can't tell if you're an over the top emo who is actually being serious or just playing. Either way, liberal weenies are vehemently against judgements on people. Intellectually stunted and morally bankrupt....You're the one who said "maybe Punisher should shoot you too ".crylaugh This topic is about COMICS you dunderhead. Keep your fantasies about Wolverine and Frank to yourself weirdo! sick

Poo head! durfist You're Mr. Pee Pee Pants!!!!!111

TheGame17

i'd condone it in certain situations. In "the slavers" for example, the punisher killed an organization that trafficked women, raped them, and killed babies. The government and FBI couldn't touch them, so he did it for them.
people like that deserve it IMO...

TheGame17

he is a bit hardcore with gangsters and street thugs i'll admit. they're not exactly saints though.

the best example of that was in "up is down and black is white."
In it, there was this mafia guy that desecrated on his families grave, So Punisher responded by going on a killing spree against typical gangsters and mafia.

to me though, i can't blame him for that. plus, Crime went down because they were too scared afterwards

Recently, i've only seen him go after the "big crime" people instead of robbers or agressive drivers.

TheGame17
"The guilty must be punished." Well you're guilty of highly irrational and morally bankrupt thinking, maybe Punisher should shoot you too wink

rapists, pedophiles, murderers, traffickers, etc..
people that do that level of crime should definately be dealt with.

And if the law couldn't touch them, then Why wouldn't it be ok for the punisher to take them down?

"the guilty must be punished." it could certainly be more specific about what "guilty" is, but it's a pretty good philosophy.

willRules
rapists, pedophiles, murderers, traffickers, etc..
people that do that level of crime should definately be dealt with.

And if the law couldn't touch them, then Why wouldn't it be ok for the punisher to take them down?

"the guilty must be punished." it could certainly be more specific about what "guilty" is, but it's a pretty good philosophy.

Ok I'm joking with Bada, but do you seriously believe what you just said? Do you actually consider murder a good philosophy? confused

TheGame17
Ok I'm joking with Bada, but do you seriously believe what you just said? Do you actually consider murder a good philosophy? confused

personally, i wouldn't do what punisher does.

but if he did exist and he was killing the really, really, bad guys that torture, rape and kill people, then YES. i'd condone it.

tjcoady
we live in a system where people are innocent until proven otherwise. Anything that circumvents that system and utilizes force that is not a duly elected and representative body is morally wrong and goes against everything good about this country.

Tron
we live in a system where people are innocent until proven otherwise. Anything that circumvents that system and utilizes force that is not a duly elected and representative body is morally wrong and goes against everything good about this country.

Yeah, that's true, in a perfect world. But we all know it isn't that black and white. Some of the most dangerous men beat that system, simply because they can't be "proven guilty", even though plenty of people know damn well that they are.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel too bad about someone like Castle taking out the more dangerous and sick criminals, especially those that are virtually untouchable. As for the lesser ones, like the petty thieves and such, I'd be satisfied with someone just putting the fear of god in them.

Tommy05

Yes. Its a perfect one. They should be punished and if the alw can't. Frank does.

I think I just became a fan. no expression

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Tron
Anyway, I wouldn't feel too bad about someone like Castle taking out the more dangerous and sick criminals, especially those that are virtually untouchable. As for the lesser ones, like the petty thieves and such, I'd be satisfied with someone just putting the fear of god in them. Pretty much.

The unfortunate thing about this though (well, the premise of Punisher), would be that it would only be in about one city.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Pretty much.

The unfortunate thing about this though (well, the premise of Punisher), would be that it would only be in about one city. Unless he creates a underground allegiance of Punishers because he knows he can't get the job done by himself...
eek!

Passione
Meh kill them all.

Just not Bada i like him

Tommy05
Meh kill them all.

Just not Bada i like him

He scares babies so he must be punished. mad

willRules

Passione
Originally posted by Tommy05
He scares babies so he must be punished. mad

No!! Babies love Bada!

Tommy05
You mean a society where people can just walk around shoot those that they consider guilty? wow.......

I can't imagine any country would be like that..... It sounds good. smokin'

NiņoAraņa
You mean a society where people can just walk around shoot those that they consider guilty? wow.......

I can't imagine any country would be like that..... Well i'm sure there can't be a shortage of Ex Marines who have a few years of war experience and tons of guns and ammo, who just happen to have lost their families to gang violence. confused

I really don't know why people feel they should take a crack at the USA whenever they can... confused

Tommy05
No!! Babies love Bada! My babies don't.

They said he was icky. yes

willRules
No!! Babies love Bada!

It's true, they flock to him due to his natural scent which is a combination of car tyres and baby food yes

Tommy05

Endless Mike
Taking the law into your own hands is not a good idea. Why do you think we even have law enforcement agencies in the first place?

Tommy05
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Taking the law into your own hands is not a good idea. Why do you think we even have law enforcement agencies in the first place?

We have law enforcment?? Since when?? blink

NiņoAraņa
Taking the law into your own hands is not a good idea. Why do you think we even have law enforcement agencies in the first place? To suck at catching criminals?Originally posted by Tommy05
Because the USA sucks. shifty Only to those who don't live here. haermm

willRules

Tommy05

Tommy05
It's because I'm English, we suck at everything, the only thing we are good at is taking the mick outta other countries yes At least you admit it. stick out tongue

NiņoAraņa
It's because I'm English, we suck at everything, the only thing we are good at is taking the mick outta other countries yes meh. i like the English.

Citizen V
It's because I'm English, we suck at everything, the only thing we are good at is taking the mick outta other countries yes

You fail at being English. thumb up

Passione
I want to move to the USA

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Citizen V
You fail at being English. thumb up now this is an Englishman.

srankmissingnin
crylaugh Srank FTW!!!!!

Hurray!

Happy Dance

willRules
You fail at being English. thumb up

laughing

TheGame17

yes, but i think they'd appreciate him because he takes care of the ones that law enforcement can't touch.
i think it'd be a good thing.

the scenario i made wasn't if there were millions of vigilantes out there.
i made a scenario about just 1 man. the punisher. if he was doing this in real life, i know the media would condemn him and a majority would also.
i wouldn't.

TheGame17
if u would be against the punisher's ways, I'd suggest reading through a MAX comic of the Punisher. With the low lifes he has to put up with in there, it's hard not to agree with him.

in real life, i think crime would drop down in whichever city he inhabits.

Newjak
Got to say I can not condone someone just randomly killing people because he feels they should be punished heck I can not condone killing at all.

And this is for you Bada durflowers

TheGame17
Originally posted by Newjak
Got to say I can not condone someone just randomly killing people because he feels they should be punished heck I can not condone killing at all.

And this is for you Bada durflowers

its not "random killing." he doesn't go into a mall and shoot everyone in sight.
its not only him that thinks the ones he kills should be punished. A majority think the "untouchable" people should be punished.

i mean, the justice system is flawed. a corrupt NBA referree can get up to 25 years, but sick pedophiles can only get up to 10 years!?! and most of them only get Probation?!?
that's messed up.

Badabing
Originally posted by Newjak

And this is for you Bada durflowers I was wondering when you'd get here. laughing out loud durfist

willRules
in real life, i think crime would drop down in whichever city he inhabits.

No it wouldn't. It would rapidly increase due to all the murders. wink

Tommy05
No it wouldn't. It would rapidly increase due to all the murders. wink Murders for the right reason. wink

NiņoAraņa
No it wouldn't. It would rapidly increase due to all the murders. wink Originally posted by Tommy05
Murders for the right reason. wink and after a few murders, the murders would stop because the ones that were murdering others have been murdered.

ermmnone

willRules

Alfheim
The right reason? So when a murderer kills it's wrong, but when Punisher does it, it's right?

Which is it? Is murder right or wrong?

If you are gonna respond with a statement such as "well it depends on the circumstances" or "there are cases when murder is right and wrong" then I would personally consider this a very, very perverse moral code smile

I mean that in the nicest way possible big grin

Well ok what do you think about the electric chair or lethal injection?

willRules
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well ok what do you think about the electric chair or lethal injection?

Well my personal opinion is that it's wrong, but that's because I'm a Christian yes What do you think about it?

Alfheim
Well my personal opinion is that it's wrong, but that's because I'm a Christian yes What do you think about it?

mmmm its compliacted. I think people should be punished for their crimes dont you? My beef is that America seems to be an unjust society and some of those people who got killed where victims of society. I mean if somebody commits murder he cant just be left to walk in socitey.

Im not saying I agree with The Punisher but you can see why he does it.

Morridini
Forced slave labor is a much better solution then death penalty, why waste electricity or needles on human garbage? Rather get them to work for you and do something good.

TheGame17
The right reason? So when a murderer kills it's wrong, but when Punisher does it, it's right?

If you are gonna respond with a statement such as "well it depends on the circumstances" or "there are cases when murder is right and wrong" then I would personally consider this a very, very perverse moral code smile

I still count one murderer (Punisher) going around killing people, and that's one too many smile Does that mean soemone should kill him too?

the people the punisher has killed shouldn't even be considered "human." they're disgusting creatures and they had no right to walk around killing and desecrating everywhere they went and not being touched by the law.
talking about it or "raising awareness" doesn't get the job done. Punisher gets it done.
the Police would be grateful for him because he takes care of the ones he can't reach.

heres some examples of "humans" that he's killed:
A big Russian known as "the man of stone" slaughtered many villages and at one point threw a new born BABY and shot it in mid-air.

another one was a trafficker that captured women from disastor-struck regions and had them raped, tortured and killed if they didn't do their jobs. Some of these girls were only 10 years old!

What's sad is that traffickers and crimelords exist in our world. If there was a Punisher, would you still condemn him for killing these low-lifes?
What if they couldn't be put on trial cuz there's not enough evidence or witnesses are too scared? Would we just let them continue to walk the streets and let them traffic more women?!?

i don't think so.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Morridini
Forced slave labor is a much better solution then death penalty, why waste electricity or needles on human garbage? Rather get them to work for you and do something good.

with death penalty, i could care either way. on One hand, they get killed, but on the other hand, they can feel miserable for the rest of their lives in prison.

TheGame17

i mean, the justice system is flawed. a corrupt NBA referree can get up to 25 years, but sick pedophiles can only get up to 10 years!?! and most of them only get Probation?!?
that's messed up.

Soljer

I still count one murderer (Punisher) going around killing people, and that's one too many smile Does that mean soemone should kill him too?

I disagree - a code such as you've described (one dependent upon the circumstances) is simply a relative one. Something that's entirely accurate, because as (Digi? I think?) someone pointed out, there are scenarios in which absolutely everyone would commit the murder and feel justified in doing so.

Moral relativism is a very real thing and a very accurate thing, in my opinion. The absolutism you're trying to bring about is just...too rigid, too, well, absolute.

Citizen V
Punisher's already stated that once he's killed all of the criminals (which he won't do, but hypothetically) that he's still got one bullet saved for himself.

Pwned.

willRules
the people the punisher has killed shouldn't even be considered "human." they're disgusting creatures and they had no right to walk around killing and desecrating everywhere they went and not being touched by the law.
talking about it or "raising awareness" doesn't get the job done. Punisher gets it done.
the Police would be grateful for him because he takes care of the ones he can't reach.

heres some examples of "humans" that he's killed:
A big Russian known as "the man of stone" slaughtered many villages and at one point threw a new born BABY and shot it in mid-air.

another one was a trafficker that captured women from disastor-struck regions and had them raped, tortured and killed if they didn't do their jobs. Some of these girls were only 10 years old!

What's sad is that traffickers and crimelords exist in our world. If there was a Punisher, would you still condemn him for killing these low-lifes?
What if they couldn't be put on trial cuz there's not enough evidence or witnesses are too scared? Would we just let them continue to walk the streets and let them traffic more women?!?

i don't think so.

Lets say Punisher is about to kill someone for killing another, shouldn't someone kill the Punisher for succumbing to the very thing he is the Punisher for? Essentially Punisher has become guilty of the crimes he punishes people for. A better name for the Punisher would be the Hypocrite yes

Originally posted by Soljer
I disagree - a code such as you've described (one dependent upon the circumstances) is simply a relative one. Something that's entirely accurate, because as (Digi? I think?) someone pointed out, there are scenarios in which absolutely everyone would commit the murder and feel justified in doing so.

Moral relativism is a very real thing and a very accurate thing, in my opinion. The absolutism you're trying to bring about is just...too rigid, too, well, absolute.

Well that's a fair point but isn't that argument based on the opinion that a moral code is relative and structured purely on opinion and that there isn't some sort of higher moral code separate to our opinions of what that code actually is.

I think we will both be pleasantly surprised that this essentially comes down to "Well you believe this/I believe that...." big grin

willRules
Punisher's already stated that once he's killed all of the criminals (which he won't do, but hypothetically) that he's still got one bullet saved for himself.

Pwned.

My point exactly yes

tjcoady
A better name for the Punisher would be the Hypocrite yes

big grin

I would totally read a comic book called "The Hypocrite"

Passione
A better name for the Punisher would be the Hypocrite yes

Err Why?

Alfheim
Lets say Punisher is about to kill someone for killing another, shouldn't someone kill the Punisher for succumbing to the very thing he is the Punisher for? Essentially Punisher has become guilty of the crimes he punishes people for. A better name for the Punisher would be the Hypocrite yes

What a load of crap.

TheGame17

Well that's a fair point but isn't that argument based on the opinion that a moral code is relative and structured purely on opinion and that there isn't some sort of higher moral code separate to our opinions of what that code actually is.

I think we will both be pleasantly surprised that this essentially comes down to "Well you believe this/I believe that...." big grin

soo..............should a soldier be put to death because he killed someone in battle?

willRules
What a load of crap.

As always, very supportive comments. I can tell you agree with my opinion wink

soo..............should a soldier be put to death because he killed someone in battle?

I personally don't think he should. I don't think anyone should be put to death, that's the whole point. smile

Newjak
I was wondering when you'd get here. laughing out loud durfist I'm everywhere Bada

shifty

Alfheim
As always, very supportive comments. I can tell you agree with my opinion wink

Well what logic are using its not right to kill because the bible says so?

willRules
Well what logic are using its not right to kill because the bible says so?

Sorry mate, I'm afraid I don't understand a word you just said smile

Alfheim
Sorry mate, I'm afraid I don't understand a word you just said smile

Anyway do you think killing is wrong in all cirumstances?

starlock
Go punisher!

I totaly agree with the punisher's actions, kill them all and make it a painfull and long death

Soljer

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Almost every argument about ethics comes down to those exact sentences.

However, your belief (or taken stance, in the case that you're simply playing the devil's advocate) has very little to stand on. What, exactly, can point us toward an absolute codified moral structuring?

Everything that we take for granted as 'moral' or 'good' can be traced to the influences around us - thus making our beliefs relative to our experiences. No?

willRules
Anyway do you think killing is wrong in all cirumstances?

I think there are specific (and rare) occasions when it would be the most reasonable or logical course of action, but that doesn't make it morally right smile

willRules
Originally posted by Soljer
Actually, that wouldn't surprise me in the least. Almost every argument about ethics comes down to those exact sentences.

However, your belief (or taken stance, in the case that you're simply playing the devil's advocate) has very little to stand on. What, exactly, can point us toward an absolute codified moral structuring?

Everything that we take for granted as 'moral' or 'good' can be traced to the influences around us - thus making our beliefs relative to our experiences. No?

That would come down to a matter of belief big grin

TheGame17
I think there are specific (and rare) occasions when it would be the most reasonable or logical course of action, but that doesn't make it morally right smile

they killed many people in the bible though

willRules

That's true. I don't know how to account for that, but I do believe in and agree with the Bible's teaching that murder is wrong yes

llagrok

That's because the bible sucks.

Badabing
That's because the bible sucks. Watch your mouth b!tch!

Passione
Watch your mouth b!tch!

petpet There there, he knows not what he does.

willRules

Sounds to me like you need prayer yes I will pray for you mate, that you actually bother to read something and attempt to understand it before criticising it yes

Badabing
petpet There there, he knows not what he does. Thanks bella. happyOriginally posted by willRules
Sounds to me like you need prayer yes I will pray for you mate, that you actually bother to read something and attempt to understand it before criticising it yes Well said liberal weeni......I mean WillRULES!!!!! cool

TheGame17
That's true. I don't know how to account for that, but I do believe in and agree with the Bible's teaching that murder is wrong yes

ok ya murder is wrong. but if Punisher did it, i wouldn't care cuz he's doing it for the right reasons.

Erik-Lensherr
No.

First of all if he would actually live in real life, very few people would agree with him.

In a fantasy world, seeing a guy kill people that he that he thinks deserve to be killed might seem "cool", "hardcore" or "badass" but that doesn't change the fact that if I hear about a guy who thinks he's God and starts a killing spree, deciding who lives and who dies I'd still see him as a serial killer and disagree with him and what he's doing, despite his motives or the people he's killing.

llagrok
It's getting cold 'round here, better throw some more bibles on the fire.

Erik-Lensherr

Norvegians.

Passione

I really hope you were joking.. Some of us are religious

willRules
happy Well said liberal weeni......I mean WillRULES!!!!! cool

liberal weeni? laughing that's a new one big grin

If your trying to get me angry, all your doing is is proving how much you need two things

1) Prayer
2) A mod to tell you not to flame

Citizen V
Prayer?

*moanz*

willRules
Prayer?

*moanz*

big grin hey I was gonna go with Jesus loves you but I assumed he had enough intelligence to come to that realisation himself stick out tongue

Badabing
Prayer?

*moanz* For my friend V.
iN4Po1b9c5U
pray

SevenShackles
i dont do anything bad, so i dont give a fuk. if i was in the mob, doing some dirty deals or something id be scared shitless. if i had something in my closet to hide id be scared shitless. but i dont. so i wouldnt care.

id support him. some random dude i know nothing bout other than he is walking death and is called the punisher. fuk it. not my problem, and the peoples who problem it is deserve it.

until he decides buying a bootleg movie is punishable by death ill support him lol.

Badabing
It's getting cold 'round here, better throw some more bibles on the fire. You will be PUNISHED!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Punisher.jpg

Citizen V
big grin hey I was gonna go with Jesus loves you but I assumed he had enough intelligence to come to that realisation himself stick out tongue

You sure? I saw Jesus burning pictures of Llagrok just the other day. ermm

For my friend V.
iN4Po1b9c5U
pray

no expression.

Thanks for that.

Really.

I enjoyed it.

Alot.

Badabing
You sure? I saw Jesus burning pictures of Llagrok just the other day. ermm

no expression.

Thanks for that.

Really.

I enjoyed it.

Alot. You were just PUNISHED!http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Punisher.jpg

Citizen V
You were just PUNISHED!http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Punisher.jpg

O RLY?

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/taint.jpg

YOU were just TAINTED

Badabing
O RLY?

YOU were just TAINTED I forgot about that pic! crylaugh

Wait, I mean madfist

Citizen V
I forgot about that pic! crylaugh

Wait, I mean madfist

laughing out loud

Don't mess with the best.

Passione
O RLY?

YOU were just TAINTED

:lmao:

Badabing
laughing out loud

Don't mess with the best. I'll have my revenge!!!!!111 durhuc

:lmao: O rly?! mad

Passione
He could of wrote insert Dur here.

Badabing
He could of wrote insert Dur here. I think that was defore the dur. It's gold though. laughing

Passione
The king of dur

PiruBlood
the only way i would agree and condone these actions is if i was the guy doing it myself. the punshier is one bad ass that i really enjoy reading.

Citizen V
I think that was defore the dur. It's gold though. laughing

It wasn't.

I think the Dur = Fail.

I've never even typed the word out without it being a derogatory statement about it. erm

Badabing
The king of dur eek! laughing out loud mad Originally posted by Citizen V
It wasn't.

I think the Dur = Fail.

I've never even typed the word out without it being a derogatory statement about it. erm Give in to Dur. durofborg

TheGame17
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
No.

First of all if he would actually live in real life, very few people would agree with him.

In a fantasy world, seeing a guy kill people that he that he thinks deserve to be killed might seem "cool", "hardcore" or "badass" but that doesn't change the fact that if I hear about a guy who thinks he's God and starts a killing spree, deciding who lives and who dies I'd still see him as a serial killer and disagree with him and what he's doing, despite his motives or the people he's killing.

if a news report came in and said, "john doe (whatever name), was shot to death by the Punisher. john doe was on the run from the police and had killed 10 people before he died."

i'd agree with the punishers actions. and his moral code isn't a whacko, far off philosophy. i think most people could care less if a guy like that got gunned down.
if the punisher was going into schools and shooting people, we'd condemn him. if he was killing rapists, drug lords, and mafia,, i think we'd appreciate it.

Citizen V
eek! laughing out loud mad Give in to Dur. durofborg

Pft.

I'll give into the Dur when Fidel Castro kicks the bucket. wink

Badabing
Pft.

I'll give into the Dur when Fidel Castro kicks the bucket. wink Early 2008 then. duryes

Passione
laughing out loud

Erik-Lensherr
if a news report came in and said, "john doe (whatever name), was shot to death by the Punisher. john doe was on the run from the police and had killed 10 people before he died."

i'd agree with the punishers actions. and his moral code isn't a whacko, far off philosophy. i think most people could care less if a guy like that got gunned down.
if the punisher was going into schools and shooting people, we'd condemn him. if he was killing rapists, drug lords, and mafia,, i think we'd appreciate it.

A murder is a murder no matter who he kills or why.

Nobody has the right to take someone's life, be it a rapist, murderer or something else.

And the fact that you're supporting his actions is pretty sad actually.

Passione
I actually support his actions to. If it rids the earth of all the scum so be it.

Erik-Lensherr
I actually support his actions to. If it rids the earth of all the scum so be it.

So you're practically saying that it's fine to kill a person, as long as it's a rapist, murderer or something similar? erm

Passione
Yup!

The scum rape a women throw them in the slammer, where he has a roof over his head and three homecooked meals, where is the justice in that.

I am a victim of a crime and I dont like Violence or guns, but if one man is going to make the place somewhat safer.. then who I am to stop him. Hey i'll even buy him his gun..

Erik-Lensherr
Yup!

The scum rape a women throw them in the slammer, where he has a roof over his head and three homecooked meals, where is the justice in that.

I am a victim of a crime and I dont like Violence or guns, but if one man is going to make the place somewhat safer.. then who I am to stop him. Hey i'll even buy him his gun..

I never said that people who do such things don't need to be punished, but not through murder. Nobody should make himself a judge, jury and executioner and start killing people left and right. A human life is still a human life, no matter how despicable, sadic or psychopath the person is.

There are different methods through which you can make a person like that pay and frankly, killing him is the easier way out.

Passione
Maybe it is an easy way out in your eyes.. but not in mine..

What possible punishement would you dish out for them to learn their lesson.

Break their bones?
Scare them for life?

Nothing would be good enough!

Besides as someone stated, the punisher would always keep one bullet for himself

Justice would be served.

Neo Darkhalen

Yes

Erik-Lensherr
Maybe it is an easy way out in your eyes.. but not in mine..

What possible punishement would you dish out for them to learn their lesson.

Break their bones?
Scare them for life?

Nothing would be good enough!

Besides as someone stated, the punisher would always keep one bullet for himself

Justice would be served.

What would killing him help for ? To make sure that he doesn't do what he did to anyone else again ? That can be assured through other means.

You think there aren't worst punishments than to kill him ? Do you know what happens to a rapist in prison ?

Then again, there are also psychological methods through which you can punish them.

And no, I don't see killing someone as 'serving justice'. Killing should be the last method and it should be used if you have no other choice.

Battlehammer

You think there aren't worst punishments than to kill him ? Do you know what happens to a rapist in prison ?

And no, I don't see killing someone as 'serving justice'. Killing should be the last method and it should be used if you have no other choice.

These statements contradict each other. If some thing is worse then death, then it is clearly less humane to force that upon them then to simply kill them.

Erik-Lensherr
Nothing contradicts itself and you seem to be missing the point.

Not surprising really.

Battlehammer
No I got your point completely it just made no sense.

You think no one has the right to kill another person.

But then you said there are things worse then death. And you implied you were fine with that happening.

so you clearly don't take your stand by a humane view point and if so it one screwed up one.

also please don't try to insult my Intelligence. It neither funny nor would any one on the forum respect you for it other then alf or master bruce.

Battlehammer
Also as I stated earlier in this very thread I believe, that it hard to blame punisher for his actions.He has lived a very hard life and unless you have lived one similar to his, it really hard to understand were he coming from.

Erik-Lensherr
Says you.

Which again, isn't surprising smile

Yes

Passione was implying that there isn't a worse punishment than death, which I pointed out is an easy way out and that there are also different ways through which a person can be punished and stopped from making rapes or murders ever again.

Do I agree with a person being punished for his crimes ? Yes. Do I agree with taking a person's life for his crimes ? No.

Why ?

Because you're denying him the right given to him by God. Nobody should play God and decide who lives and who dies.

There is a difference between punishing somebody for their deeds and taking away their life.

You don't even know what my point is.

Next time you don't have a clue what you're talking about, try not to intervene in discussions.

Battlehammer
Says you.

Which again, isn't surprising smile

You are one smug person.

Passione was implying that there isn't a worse punishment than death, which I pointed out is an easy way out and that there are also different ways through which a person can be punished and stopped from making rapes or murders ever again.

Yes and no. One could be locked away for ever and unable to commit such acts.

However there are individuals who no matter what punishment they receive will attempt to commit the same acts of violence.

Do I agree with a person being punished for his crimes ? Yes. Do I agree with taking a person's life for his crimes ? No.

Why ?

Because you're denying him the right given to him by God. Nobody should play God and decide who lives and who dies.

There is a difference between punishing somebody for their deeds and taking away their life.
Again if said punishment is worse then death. Then it is more humane to take there lives then to allow them to suffer so.

From a humane stand point it something is worse then death, then it would be more humane to Kill that individual then allow them to suffer so.

You don't even know what my point is.

Next time you don't have a clue what you're talking about, try not to intervene in discussions.

Again I know what I am talking about.

From your stand point, you seem to be fine with a punishment being worse then death, but not killing an individual?

If so than your entire stand point is not a humane one fundalmentally, but rather a personal ethical stand point, that seems to fallow a religion of sorts morally.

Though I am still try to figure out what religion is fine with letting some one suffer worse then death.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>