The Dragon King, Onaga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great

Wandering Flame
Oh yeah, like, Bison can so beat this guy. laughing out loud

Joker1237
I fear Bison would fail if he fought the Dragon King. He is nearly a God.

Wandering Flame
But he can become intangible and vaporize cities instantly with his own power.

Ridley_Prime

Ridley_Prime
Oh, and in the Deception intro, we see that Onaga's immune to projectile attacks, magic, explosions, and all sorts of stuff. clap

EApDgfX1vmY

This is one MK character not to be underestimated. 31

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
In the MK universe, Onaga's like the closest thing there is to an Elder God. Remember how he disguised himself as Damashi? =p Poor Shujinko... Actually, that would be Shinnok. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Actually, that would be Shinnok. stick out tongue
Oh. Yeah. That's right... as he was once an Elder God himself before getting banished to the Netherrealm.

Silly me for forgetting that. sick

Wandering Flame
Oh, and in the Deception intro, we see that Onaga's immune to projectile attacks, magic, explosions, and all sorts of stuff. clap

EApDgfX1vmY

This is one MK character not to be underestimated. 31 None of those projectiles and magic...comes close to the unrivaled power of Bison's psycho crusher. 313

Violent2Dope
Bison could win if he could use his superior speed, but prolly not.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
None of those projectiles and magic...comes close to the unrivaled power of Bison's psycho crusher. 313
Comes close? Raiden's self-destruct thing probably could, as it's a technique where he releases his God-like energy, but I thought this was a respect thread, not a Bison vs Onaga thread. erm Besides, that topic was already made in the versus forum. stick out tongue

King Hellstorm
This is retarded, WTF is er body talkin bout Bison foe...aint this the Respect Onaga thread? Who is by the way, on of the coolest bosses in fightin games.

props to the Dragon King.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Who is by the way, on of the coolest bosses in fightin games.

props to the Dragon King.
Yep. As a cool fighting game boss, he even brings Goro to shame. 31

Wandering Flame
Couldn't help bringing up Bison, and for the record, Bison sucks. Hahahahaha.

Furion
I don't know about Shujinko beating Onaga. In Armageddon, Scorpion has his clan revived as Spectres like him for doing a task for the Elder Gods, the only task I can think of was defeating Onaga.

Ridley_Prime
Onaga's ultimate fatality in Armageddon.

ARKGyu1VfAk

Take that Shao Kahn, wanna-be emperor. Onaga's the true ruler of Outworld. 31

It's too bad though that they didn't at least give the Dragon King a real fatality in Deception. erm

Then again, it would probably be hard to make a fatality for Onaga that's actually original.
Burn the opponent to death? Uh, Scorpion's always had that.

But I guess they could've had a fatality where Onaga rips the enemy apart limb by limb, and then burns 'em. stick out tongue
Now THAT would've been an ultimate fatality.

Ridley_Prime

Furion
Onaga's ultimate fatality in Armageddon.

ARKGyu1VfAk

Take that Shao Kahn, wanna-be emperor. Onaga's the true ruler of Outworld. 31

It's too bad though that they didn't at least give the Dragon King a real fatality in Deception. erm

Then again, it would probably be hard to make a fatality for Onaga that's actually original.
Burn the opponent to death? Uh, Scorpion's always had that.

But I guess they could've had a fatality where Onaga rips the enemy apart limb by limb, and then burns 'em. stick out tongue
Now THAT would've been an ultimate fatality.

Onaga's Ultimate Fatality: Onaga Rips of the head, and arms so fast the body is still standing up. Then Onaga punches the person's body that flies off screen. The Dragon King then eats the person's legs. 31

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Furion
Onaga's Ultimate Fatality: Onaga Rips of the head, and arms so fast the body is still standing up. Then Onaga punches the person's body that flies off screen. The Dragon King then eats the person's legs. 31
eek! lol Nice... now that would've been sweet! big grin

Furion
I came up with that in like 5 sec dance

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Furion
I came up with that in like 5 sec dance
Heh...

Ridley_Prime
Also, here's Onaga's trading card.

-omq8KSxZXQ
"Easily my favorite Onaga move is his throw where he basically just grabs the opponent and flies up to the air and throws 'em down to the ground. It's probably the most cinematic throw move we've ever had."

Damn right. 31 Now why couldn't that have been his same throw move when playing as him in Armageddon? sad
Ah well...

Ridley_Prime
*teh bumpage*
It's sad when a respect thread for Dark Khan has more pages than one for Onaga..

While I'm at it, does anyone happen to have/know of the 2nd pic of his unused Deception ending? (where he destroys the Elder Gods and merges the Kamidogu and the realms with himself)

I have the first ending pic (those other dragons are the Elder Gods, which resemble the MK dragon logo), but I can't find the 2nd one. erm

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5522/onaga27sendingdeceptionhh8.png

Kazenji
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Actually, that would be Shinnok. stick out tongue

It was actually Shujinko with Damashi getting him to free him.

Yoshi Paradise
Onaga is my favorite MK boss mainly because he's a dragon. Dragons are my favorite mythical species,
It's sad when a respect thread for Dark Khan has more pages than one for Onaga..

You say that as if everyone in that thread actually likes Dark Khan.

*teh bumpage*
While I'm at it, does anyone happen to have/know of the 2nd pic of his unused Deception ending? (where he destroys the Elder Gods and merges the Kamidogu and the realms with himself)

I have the first ending pic (those other dragons are the Elder Gods, which resemble the MK dragon logo), but I can't find the 2nd one. erm

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5522/onaga27sendingdeceptionhh8.png

I'll look for it later.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Onaga is my favorite MK boss mainly because he's a dragon. Dragons are my favorite mythical species.
Same. smile

You say that as if everyone in that thread actually likes Dark Khan.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean it in that way, but yeah. A thread for him shouldn't of gotten as far as it did. That's all I was meaning to say.

I'll look for it later.
'k. Sounds good. Good luck on finding it.

Yoshi Paradise
Same. smile

Yep, dragons are awesome.

Well, I didn't necessarily mean it in that way, but yeah. A thread for him shouldn't of gotten as far as it did. That's all I was meaning to say.

Well, you have to remember that the majority of the people in that thread are just stating reasons why he's a lousy character, even though it's a respect thread.
'k. Sounds good. Good luck on finding it.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find it.

I'll look some more since I got some free time.

Ridley_Prime
Well, you have to remember that the majority of the people in that thread are just stating reasons why he's a lousy character, even though it's a respect thread.
lol True.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find it.

I'll look some more since I got some free time.
I thought not, but it's okay. I remember what the pic looks like though. It's basically Onaga, but extra shiny looking as a result of merging the 6 Kamidogu and the realms with himself, or something to that effect.

-----

Also, since these weren't posted earlier, a couple of my favorite Onaga scenes in general are at 4:50 in this video...

DottW65cM4A

... and at 1:00 in this vid.

9P_pdkWVTOo

Ridley_Prime
On a side note, I once had an Onaga sig from way back when, but KMC raped its quality, so I never did end up using it here.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8964/18685363fc8.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Damn that reminds me of how sad Shunjinko's life is.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Damn that reminds me of how sad Shunjinko's life is.
Yeah. He basically wasted his life collecting the Kamidogu. Pretty sad indeed when ya think about it..

-------

Also...

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2078/end2rg2.jpg

Yoshi Paradise
Dang, I was just about to post that.

That picture is part of his Deception ending, right?

Ridley_Prime
No, it's part of Li Mei's Deception ending. She becomes a traitor I guess.

Yoshi Paradise
Well, I'll keep looking for the other picture to his Deception ending.

Ridley_Prime
mmm Found this as I was browsing more comics not too long ago.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3048/de0111.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4249/de0121.jpg

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1903/de0122.jpg

Pretty badass if I say so myself.

Black Yoshi
That's a pretty cool comic, but I was never able to find the other picture to his Deception ending.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
That's a pretty cool comic
Yeah. I wish there had been more MK Deception comics, and were actually colored, but even then, they're still cool looking in black & white, such as what I posted.

Originally posted by Black Yoshi
but I was never able to find the other picture to his Deception ending.
Ah, I thought not. It's all right though.

Black Yoshi
Well, there might be some interesting fan comics of Onaga somewhere on the Internet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.