Students Dress as VTech Victims; Lulz Ensue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSLS%2FMGArticle%2FSLS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173353763706&path=!news!localnews

What a bunch of whiny *****.

Spidervlad
How are they whiney *****? It was a private party for god's sake. And was this even in Virginia?

Their college students, their kids, who the hell cares. And they even made an album so people can write down 'People Against Costumes' What a bunch of retards. People are killed, you need to get used to it, it happened, it will happen. The college kids wearing the costumes didn't start a parade wearing those costumes, after all.

Outbound
"Virginia Tech was 32 deaths out of the 26 thousand that happen in America everyday".

Exactly.

BackFire
Meh, sounds like a shitty, predictable costume, really. It's common to create costumes out of the years biggest headlines, really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Kram3r
The wearers of the costume didn't go out to offend and did this at a PRIVATE party. It's not like they went out on the streets and went "LULZ, LOOK AT ME, I'MS BEING DA CONTROVERSIAL ONEZZZ!!! FTW!". This is just the oversensitivity of the world that will most likely kill it before Global warming.

lord xyz
Originally posted by BackFire
Meh, sounds like a shitty, predictable costume, really. It's common to create costumes out of the years biggest headlines, really shouldn't surprise anyone. Sounds like something South Park would do.

Tharg
Tasteless and lacking class.

SelphieT
I mean, sure it's just 32 of the 26 thousand deaths in a day of America, but still......

Why would you do that?

I mean, everyday you offend people, no matter if you are trying to or not, but this was obviously on purpose.....

Kram3r
Originally posted by SelphieT
I mean, sure it's just 32 of the 26 thousand deaths in a day of America, but still......

Why would you do that?

I mean, everyday you offend people, no matter if you are trying to or not, but this was obviously on purpose.....

It wasn't done "on purpose". They went to a PRIVATE party where the people who saw it would understand the manner in which the costumes were being presented and such. Somehow it got spread and the PC police started blowing it up everyone's ass.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by the news
Virginia Tech was 32 deaths out of the 26 thousand that happen in America everyday.

I think that's a really good point actually, 32 out of 26,000 is, if you rationalise it, nothing.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Kram3r
It wasn't done "on purpose". They went to a PRIVATE party where the people who saw it would understand the manner in which the costumes were being presented and such. Somehow it got spread and the PC police started blowing it up everyone's ass.

I see. mmm

I wonder what the costume party's theme was. If there was one, that is.

Kram3r
I see. mmm

I wonder what the costume party's theme was. If there was one, that is.

Properly just a general costume party. srug

Don't know much about Halloween, doesn't exist in Australia. haermm

JacopeX
Originally posted by Tharg
Tasteless and lacking class. I agree.

And so what if it was out of 26 thousand that die? They were all murdered in such a horrible way by a person that needed help. I really cannot believe how mindless people can be with the death of others by joking about it are coming up with bullshit. Its way overboard.

chillmeistergen
It's O.K to laugh at anything you want, and to dress up as anything you want. Tact should not be applied on people's behalf by censorship, they did nothing wrong.

Kram3r
Originally posted by JacopeX
I agree.

And so what if it was out of 26 thousand that die? They were all murdered in such a horrible way by a person that needed help. I really cannot believe how mindless people can be with the death of others by joking about it are coming up with bullshit. Its way overboard.

Are you even aware that out of those 26,000 that die it's more than likely that more than 32 were killed in worse ways than simply being shot, like the VA Tech incident? Now before you get carried away, that doesn't mean I am saying their murders are any less serve. I'm just saying your logic is bullshit.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
It's O.K to laugh at anything you want, and to dress up as anything you want. Tact should not be applied on people's behalf by censorship, they did nothing wrong.

I <3 you.

Alfheim
It was a private party but if you put in on facebook it kinda goes public....

Tharg
Even within a private party basic rules of decency should apply.

The Grey Fox
Who cares about decency and publicity? They have the freedom to do what they want, and can't be stopped for it.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Spidervlad
How are they whiney *****? It was a private party for god's sake. And was this even in Virginia?

Their college students, their kids, who the hell cares. And they even made an album so people can write down 'People Against Costumes' What a bunch of retards. People are killed, you need to get used to it, it happened, it will happen. The college kids wearing the costumes didn't start a parade wearing those costumes, after all.

Aren't you agreeing with him?

Tharg
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Who cares about decency and publicity? They have the freedom to do what they want, and can't be stopped for it.

With the right to freedom, should come the reponsibility not to use that right to upset others.

The Grey Fox
With the right to freedom, should come the reponsibility not to use that right to upset others.

Without sadness there can't be happiness, since there would be no opposite uhuh

Also take into account that the V-Tech shooting was very minor compared to the Iraq or Afghan war.

chithappens
Originally posted by Alfheim
It was a private party but if you put in on facebook it kinda goes public....

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY laughing

Bardock42
Without sadness there can't be happiness, since there would be no opposite uhuh

Also take into account that the V-Tech shooting was very minor compared to the Iraq or Afghan war. Not sure if that's true.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Bardock42
Not sure if that's true.

I know, I just sorta splurted it out to sound philisophical

Tharg
I know, I just sorta splurted it out to sound philisophical

Thing is... It didn't, but, who cares?

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Even supposing that the people dressed as people who died at Virginia Tech for the purpose of offending others...who cares?

It's even funnier that way.

Kram3r

That has got to be the stupidest thing ever said about responsibility in regards to freedom. What you're saying is, that if you have freedom you shouldn't use it to upset others. I got news for you sweetheart, it's used every day to upset others. Should The Daily Show or protests on Iraq in the street continue to stop because they "upset" the Bush administration or republicans? No. Again, this wasn't done with the intent to offend anyway. This was done at a PRIVATE party where those who knew the boys would know the manner in which the costumes were done. Also, just because it's on Facebook does mean they deserve to be vilified like rapists. I assume that if even they put the pictures up themselves that it wasn't intended viewing for people who might get offended. However, the internet being what it is, they probably should have marked it private or something. Regardless, my point remains valid.

dadudemon
Why not go dressed up as Virginia tech shooting victims? Sounds like a great way to be creepy. (Showing up as a dead victim of a madman...hmm, those were always the coolest costumes when I was a kid...like a "Jason" victim or a Freddy Kruger victim...or a Ted Bundy victim....with great makeup too.)

I have a dark sense of humor so I like these types of things...For instance, if someone close to me dies in a gruesome way, you had better believe I will make jokes about it...not to make fun of the dead person...but to make light of the situation...I sure as hell would want someone to do that for me when I pass on, so why wouldn't I do it for others?

Also, dressing how you want to falls under freedom of speech...as long as it doesn't break any indecency laws...(Being partially nude in public, etc.) In other words, those people are protected by the Constitution to dress however they want. Hell, they could even dress like that year round and still not break any laws....as far as my personal view on it? I think that dressing like that should be left to only the family and friends of the victims if it is supposed to be for humorous purposes...it would be weird for a total stranger to do that to one of my family members or friends.

Here's a better costume...why didn't they dress up as the shooter? (I don't even know that douche's name...)

botankus
They're just a little insecure because their team severely underachieved YET AGAIN and is borderline joke status. Meanwhile, VT is going to a BCS bowl.

Just thought I'd state the obvious. stick out tongue

Alfheim
Originally posted by dadudemon
I think that dressing like that should be left to only the family and friends of the victims if it is supposed to be for humorous purposes...it would be weird for a total stranger to do that to one of my family members or friends.

chillmeistergen
Why on earth would you dress up as your dead relative?

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Even supposing that the people dressed as people who died at Virginia Tech for the purpose of offending others...who cares?

It's even funnier that way.

Your view on the matter is the best so far woot

Alfheim
I dont understand how joking about murder is ok.

Schecter
try douching

GGS
It happens everyday and you still live your life regardless so how is that ok?? just because the media sensatilistied one case doesn't make the others any less important because one life = one life no matter who tries and paints it any other way if your going to be sensitive about it then whine and ***** about every murder not a select few that catch your attention so trivialising it is not big a deal at all.

The Grey Fox
I can. embarrasment
Originally posted by GGS
It happens everyday and you still live your life regardless so how is that ok?? just because the media sensatilistied one case doesn't make the others any less important because one life = one life no matter who tries and paints it any other way if your going to be sensitive about it then whine and ***** about every murder not a select few that catch your attention so trivialising it is not big a deal at all.
herbdance

Bardock42
I dont understand how joking about murder is ok. How can you not understand that?

InnerRise
but this was obviously on purpose..... Exactly.

"It's not that it was funny, it's that we are notorious and infamous in the state college, so we have to do things that push the envelope just for shock value," he said."

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Alfheim
Originally posted by GGS

No its not ok. If your parents got murdered and somebody made fun of it would you be ok with it? Or whatevere somebody close to you got raped and somebody decided to mke fun of it, how is it ok?*

If its in private thats fine, but in public its not ok.

Kram3r

How can you not understand that?

Originally posted by InnerRise
Exactly.

"It's not that it was funny, it's that we are notorious and infamous in the state college, so we have to do things that push the envelope just for shock value," he said."

You're an idiot. Of course they dressed like that on purpose. It's not like they fell out of bed and found themselves in that costume. However, this wasn't meant to spark controversial because, for the now one hundredth time, this was done at a PRIVATE party. The private party being filled with people they'd KNOW who would understand the manner in which the costume was presented. Regardless, why does it matter if it was done on purpose or by accident?

No its not ok. If your parents got murdered and somebody made fun of it would you be ok with it? Or whatevere somebody close to you got raped and somebody decided to mke fun of it, how is it ok?*

If its in private thats fine, but in public its not ok.

It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it or not. It's called Freedom of speech and that's what's okay about wearing these costumes. Also as chillmeistergen said;

RedAlertv2
What they did was in pretty bad taste imo but I have no problem with it. Just because I or anyone else finds it offensive doesnt make it wrong or immoral.

InnerRise
You're an idiot. And your an Auzzie Douche Bag. So?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

dadudemon

I would love it if my children or grand children made light of the way I died....life sucks and some of the ways that we end this life sucks even worse...I love to make light of things that are really depressing and sad. I expect my children/grandchildren to make fun of the way I die...I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a "different" type of sense of humor. I would think it a great honor if my children/grandchildren dressed up like me for Halloween in a humorous way. (Running around with a colostomy bag, diaper, iv drip, etc.)

My funeral will not be a regular funeral...it will be a massive party. I am already preparing for my funeral. What I am doing now is putting together a list of my top 25 favorite songs. This list changes every now and then. I expect this music to be distributed at the funeral party so everyone can know what I liked...I hope that one day some of my music can make that list. At the party, there will be video games, food, dancing, etc.

I don't really know how to explain it to you but I find some ways of murder to be humorous. I am usually the only one in the theater that laughs out loud when someone dies in a gruesome way in the movie theater. Wouldn't you find it hilarious if I died having sex? I would love to "go out" that way. As far as finding humor in murder....well, I don't want to really go into details because I don't want people to think that I am a potential serial killer. wink

However, I think that some situations, humour should be reserved for friends and family. In my opinion, there is a line that can be crossed with humor when it comes to the dead...that line is very thin and it really depends on how the friends and family knew the individual as far as deciding what type of humor about the situation is appropriate. (For instance, I would not find it funny of my dead body was desecrated sexually by friends and family....that is an extreme example but you get what I mean...honor the dead person by not crossing the line that you believe the person wouldn't want you to cross..)

Kram3r
And your an Auzzie Douche Bag. So?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Wow, where do I even start? Firstly, I can't believe you spelled Aussie wrong. Secondly, what does my nationality have to do with it? Seems like someone is a little jealous that I'm closer to Japan than they are. Thirdly, way to go on addressing a small part of the post, and missing the point of what I said, idiot.

InnerRise
Wow, where do I even start? Firstly, I can't believe you spelled Aussie wrong. Secondly, what does my nationality have to do with it? Seems like someone is a little jealous that I'm closer to Japan than they are. Thirdly, way to go on addressing a small part of the post, and missing the point of what I said, idiot. Amazing skills of deduction moron, but you're still a pathetic AuZZie Douche Bag.

Kram3r
Amazing skills of deduction moron, but you're still a pathetic AuZZie Douche Bag.

Woah, how amazing. I didn't realise someone could suck so much at covering up the fact they have nothing intelligent at all to add to the conversation, this is just sad.

RedAlertv2
Woah, how amazing. I didn't realise someone could suck so much at covering up the fact they have nothing intelligent at all to add to the conversation, this is just sad. Dont bother arguing with InnerRise, hes just the resident troll.

InnerRise
Woah, how amazing. I didn't realise someone could suck so much at covering up the fact they have nothing intelligent at all to add to the conversation, this is just sad. Done now starting crap just to feel included? Grand. You're done now.

You want to have a conversation with someone? Then don't start off by calling them an idiot and if choose to do so anyway, not caring, then don't expect the other person to care either douche bag.

Starting stuff just to feel like you belong doesn't make you cool.

Amazing the lengths, no matter how pitiful, people will go just to start a needless altercation.

Also, I love how I'm an idiot for stating a fact, which you later state in the next sentence:
You're an idiot. Of course they dressed like that on purpose.
Which is further proof that you had no basis for calling me that based on what I said. Not to mention I was agreeing with another member who you actually was polite to, which is further proof that you went out of your way to start mess with me.

Not to mention the fact that you earlier said:
It wasn't done "on purpose".

So the next time you have a chip on your shoulder and want to rampage through a thread every time somebody says something that you don't agree with or just for the fun of it.........make sure you pick the right one, because I'm the wrong one.

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Dont bother arguing with InnerRise, hes just the resident troll. I trolled him? DO I know you? Oh......another case of wanting to belong.......cute.

Kram3r
Done now starting crap just to feel included? Grand. You're done now.

You want to have a conversation with someone? Then don't start off by calling them an idiot and if choose to do so anyway, not caring, then don't expect the other person to care either douche bag.

Starting stuff just to feel like you belong doesn't make you cool.

Amazing the lengths, no matter how pitiful, people will go just to start a needless altercation.

So what, now you're willing to talk? Don't tell me how to start a conversation. I'll start a conversation anyway I want to. Also, you're the last person on this board who should be giving lectures about conversations. The amount of questions and arguments you've dodged on this forum, not to mention the trolling, is unbelievable.

Also, I love how I'm an idiot for stating a fact, which you later state in the next sentence:

Which is further proof that you had no basis for calling me that based on what I said. Not to mention I was agreeing with another member who you actually was polite to, which is further proof that you went out of your way to start mess with me.

No, I said it because only idiots state the obvious once it's been stated.

Not to mention the fact that you earlier said:

Great way to take things out of context, but then again I'm not surprised when it comes to talking with you. The two on purposes I stated are entirely different. The first "on purpose" is addressing them on whether or not they dressed as such to be "controversial" in the public arena. The "on purpose" I addressed to you was the fact that they dressed like that with the intention of dressing as such.

So the next time you have a chip on your shoulder and want to rampage through a thread every time somebody says something that you don't agree with or just for the fun of it.........make sure you pick the right one, because I'm the wrong one.

Who the hell are you? I'm messing with the "wrong" person? Yeah, you're totally the Van Damme of the forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kram3r
Oh shit! With all this bullshit Innerrise just threw into this thread I entirely forgot! Innerrise, can you actually address my original post? Instead of derailing the thread further?

Alfheim

It doesn't matter if I'm okay with it or not. It's called Freedom of speech and that's what's okay about wearing these costumes.

You heard the expression legal and ethical? If something is legal its doesnt mean its ethical. For example I dont think women still have the same rights as men (could be wrong cant remember the exact details), you can sue somebody if you break into their house and you hurt yourself.

Furthermore you never have absolute freedom there are always limits. Hey have the right to offend people why cant I just spit in peoples faces?

Bardock42
You heard the expression legal and ethical? If something is legal its doesnt mean its ethical. For example I dont think women still have the same rights as men (could be wrong cant remember the exact details), you can sue somebody if you break into their house and you hurt yourself.

Furthermore you never have absolute freedom there are always limits. Hey have the right to offend people why cant I just spit in peoples faces? Cause that's assault. People do not have the right not to be offended. If you start with that why not be offended by what a person is wearing? Or if they have socialist ideas, why not ban those, they are offensive to me? Or someone saying Beckham is the best footballer ever, that's offensive, why not ban that?

Sadako of Girth
Hes not the best in the world, but when he was captain, we hammered you 5-1. That should be enough. stick out tongue

Alfheim
Cause that's assault.

Yeah so? Making fun of somebodies death is emotional assault? Like I said its ok if its private but when you put stuff like that in the public domain there is significant chance you well hurt the relatives.

Or if they have socialist ideas, why not ban those, they are offensive to me? Or someone saying Beckham is the best footballer ever, that's offensive, why not ban that?

Thats not the same as making fun of somebodies death.....c'mon man. Its just an excuse to act like ****.

Bardock42
Yeah so? Making fun of somebodies death is emotional assault? Like I said its ok if its private but when you put stuff like that in the public domain there is significant chance you well hurt the relatives.

Thats not the same as making fun of somebodies death.....c'mon man. Its just an excuse to act like ****. I take it you will be the one to decide what is allowed and what not in your brave new world? Making fun of death, not allowed. Making fun of obesity, allowed. Making fun of skin colour, not allowed. Making fun of small stature, allowed.

You could write up a code, so all people know exactly what they are allowed to wear and say.

Alfheim
I take it you will be the one to decide what is allowed and what not in your brave new world? Making fun of death, not allowed. Making fun of obesity, allowed. Making fun of skin colour, not allowed. Making fun of small stature, allowed.

You could write up a code, so all people know exactly what they are allowed to wear and say.

Did I say that people shouldnt make fun of skin colour?
Did I say that people shouldnt make fun of small stature.
etc

I said making fun of people who have been murdered. Its a no-brainer your mother gets stabbed in a mugging and somebody makes fun of it that person is going to be very very pissed off an,d if you did that you would be an ***hole.

xmarksthespot
What if they died in a hilarious manner? Jus' sayin'...

Bardock42
etc

I said making fun of people who have been murdered. Its a no-brainer your mother gets stabbed in a mugging and somebody makes fun of it that person is going to be very very pissed off an,d if you did that you would be an ***hole. No, it's not a no brainer. You make it out to be one. I value the freedom of millions of people over the emotions of one person, that a) shouldn't be offended and b) wouldn't likely know anyways.

And there shouldn't be a law against being an *******. They might be assholes, but they should be allowed to do it.

And what I said about skin colour wasn't referring to anything you said, it was just showing how you took it on yourself to decide what's allowed and what isn't. Like, where you single handedly decided for all of us that dressing as victims of a random shooting shouldn't be allowed and that it is "common sense".

That's the point, it should be allowed, though I see no reason why they should do it.

botankus
What's really funny is how people can say "hey, it's freedom of speech...they can wear whatever they want to," --which is fine---but are the first to start whining in other threads when someone hurts their feelings by "offending" them.

p.s. The following should go without saying, but I'm not pointing specific fingers, for that statement could be made in 99% of the threads.

Alfheim
No, it's not a no brainer. You make it out to be one. I value the freedom of millions of people over the emotions of one person, that a) shouldn't be offended and b) wouldn't likely know anyways.

And there shouldn't be a law against being an *******. They might be assholes, but they should be allowed to do it.

Originally posted by botankus
What's really funny is how people can say "hey, it's freedom of speech...they can wear whatever they want to," --which is fine---but are the first to start whining in other threads when someone hurts their feelings by "offending" them.

Bardock42
That was certainly not addressed at me. By the way, a perfect case of ad hominem, you use an attack on me to avoid answering the arguments. Would you have the courtesy to give me an answer now, or did you realize that you were wrong?

Alfheim
That was certainly not addressed at me.

You sure? Even if its not ive seen you insult people on here and the flip out when you get the same treatment. Therefore that makes you a hypocrite that is just talking.

By the way, a perfect case of ad hominem, you use an attack on me to avoid answering the arguments. Would you have the courtesy to give me an answer now, or did you realize that you were wrong?

What question?

No, it's not a no brainer. You make it out to be one. I value the freedom of millions of people over the emotions of one person, that a) shouldn't be offended and b) wouldn't likely know anyways.

And what I said about skin colour wasn't referring to anything you said, it was just showing how you took it on yourself to decide what's allowed and what isn't. Like, where you single handedly decided for all of us that dressing as victims of a random shooting shouldn't be allowed and that it is "common sense".

That's the point, it should be allowed, though I see no reason why they should do it.

Bardock42
You sure? Even if its not ive seen you insult people on here and the flip out when you get the same treatment. Therefore that makes you a hypocrite that is just talking.

Prove that, cause I am pretty much sure you pulled that out of your ass. Besides, it wouldn't make me a hypocrite in any case as I never said someone that gets insulted or offended can't be insulted or offended.

What question?

Notice how I didn't say question anywhere? I said arguments. Arguments that you ignored once more.

Alfheim
Prove that, cause I am pretty much sure you pulled that out of your ass.

Er no ive seen it and ive seen other posters say the same **** about you.

Besides, it wouldn't make me a hypocrite in any case as I never said someone that gets insulted or offended can't be insulted or offended.

You said they shouldnt be offended. If your getting offended by people online about trivial things your a hypocrite for saying people shouldnt be offended when somebody makes fun of murder.

Notice how I didn't say question anywhere? I said arguments. Arguments that you ignored once more.

You did say arguments my bad..but you used the word answer.

That was certainly not addressed at me. By the way, a perfect case of ad hominem, you use an attack on me to avoid answering the arguments. Would you have the courtesy togive me an answer now, or did you realize that you were wrong?

If you ask me to answer something obvoulsy that implies you asked me a question. You ask a question a person answers, simple

Bardock42
Er no ive seen it and ive seen other posters say the same **** about you.

Yeah, it's just not true. Or are you going to produce any evidence?

You said they shouldnt be offended. If your getting offended by people online about trivial things your a hypocrite for saying people shouldnt be offended when somebody makes fun of murder.

That's your standards again. I don't think someone should be offended because someone made a more or less private joke aimed at no one, while they might be offended when they are attacked personally. All this doesn't matter, as I don't get offended by what people said here, so you are wrong.

No you didnt. Maybe thats what you meant but what you said was...

You are an insufferable idiot, aren't you?

It is exactly what I said, would you be so kind as to not lie, dodge and insult and limit yourself to the issue at hand?

If you ask me to answer something obvoulsy that implies you asked me a question. You ask a question a person answers, simple

Not if I use it in connection with "arguments", in that case it means you didn't reply to the questions my arguments brought up, such as "Why should he freedom of the person be limited?", "Why should people be outraged and insulted?", "Why should there be a law against being an *******?", "Did you understand what my comments about skin color meant", "Why do you think it is ok for you decide what is allowed and what isn't?" ... probably a few more I didn't think of. But, alas, instead of participating in the debate like a mature human you dodged and dragged it to a personal level, so, could we now go back to the real arguments after you tried to expose me as hypocrite, dodge all my arguments, lie about what I said and just all in all behaved like a major *******? (see, a question)

xmarksthespot
Oh it's already been brought it...

Alfheim
Yeah, it's just not true. Or are you going to produce any evidence?

That's your standards again. I don't think someone should be offended because someone made a more or less private joke aimed at no one, while they might be offended when they are attacked personally. All this doesn't matter, as I don't get offended by what people said here, so you are wrong.

I'll ahve to take your word for it. no expression

It is exactly what I said, would you be so kind as to not lie, dodge and insult and limit yourself to the issue at hand?

I edited it and saw where you said arguments.

Not if I use it in connection with "arguments", in that case it means you didn't reply to the questions my arguments brought up, such as "Why should he freedom of the person be limited?", "Why should people be outraged and insulted?", "Why should there be a law against being an *******?", "Did you understand what my comments about skin color meant", "Why do you think it is ok for you decide what is allowed and what isn't?" ... probably a few more I didn't think of.

Yes but look what you did there. You refered back to the argument you made and specifically refered to questions that you asked. So you did actually ask questions and if you want somebody to answer an argument you have to put it in a form aquestion which is what you did.

Cause that's assault. People do not have the right not to be offended. If you start with that why not be offended by what a person is wearing? Or if they have socialist ideas, why not ban those, they are offensive to me? Or someone saying Beckham is the best footballer ever, that's offensive, why not ban that?

So you didnt ask any questions but you have questions marks there?? You did ask questions and it was in the form of an argument.

But, alas, instead of participating in the debate like a mature human you dodged and dragged it to a personal level, so, could we now go back to the real arguments after you tried to expose me as hypocrite, dodge all my arguments, lie about what I said and just all in all behaved like a major *******? (see, a question)

Nope I answered the question.

Thats not the same as making fun of somebodies death.....c'mon man. Its just an excuse to act like ****.

etc

I said making fun of people who have been murdered. Its a no-brainer your mother gets stabbed in a mugging and somebody makes fun of it that person is going to be very very pissed off an,d if you did that you would be an ***hole.

Did you understand the point I was making? Heres my point getting offended by socialism is going off on a tangent because I was not refering to being offended by peoples beliefs or making fun of peoples stature. Talking about Beckham is rubbish because makign fun of murder is alot more seerious. Also you gave these examples because you were trying to show teh problem with my deciding the laws. Again my point was I am speciofically refering to making fun of murder. You also aksed why should people by offended....I answered that question!!!! Hence thats why I asked you what questions....because I already answered them!!!!!!!!

So heres what we have established.

1. You did ask questions, hence the question marks. The questions as a whole were an argument in the form of a question.
2. I answered the questions, despite the fact you said I didnt.

Kram3r

Rephrase this.

Furthermore you never have absolute freedom there are always limits. Hey have the right to offend people why cant I just spit in peoples faces?

So? I never said there wasn't limits. If I choose to exercise those limits I have every right too, regardless. Also, as Bardock42 stated there is a difference between dressing up as someone and spitting in their face. The latter is assault.

Alfheim

So? I never said there wasn't limits. If I choose to exercise those limits I have every right too, regardless.

I was juat adding my 2cents.

Also, as Bardock42 stated there is a difference between dressing up as someone and spitting in their face. The latter is assault.

Of course its different but also stated that dressing up as somebody when it specifically is connected to murder can be emoitional assualt. Emotional pain is important to.

Kram3r
I was juat adding my 2cents.

Fair enough.

Of course its different but also stated that dressing up as somebody when it specifically is connected to murder can be emoitional assualt. Emotional pain is important to.

Ugh. This wasn't done to "assault" or "offend" anyone. This was done at a PRIVATE party. They dressed like this because they knew that the people who were at the party wouldn't get offended and understand the manner in which they dressed as such. They didn't go around VA Tech dressed as such and go "Look at me! I'm pretending to be a dead student" or go to the families of these people and go "Trick or Treat!". As for the photos they were meant for friend viewing, for the same group of people who would know the manner in which they dressed as such. If someone PC freak stumbles upon them, it isn't their fault that they viewed them.

Alfheim

Ugh. This wasn't done to "assault" or "offend" anyone. This was done at a PRIVATE party. They dressed like this because they knew that the people who were at the party wouldn't get offended and understand the manner in which they dressed as such. They didn't go around VA Tech dressed as such and go "Look at me! I'm pretending to be a dead student" or go to the families of these people and go "Trick or Treat!". As for the photos they were meant for friend viewing, for the same group of people who would know the manner in which they dressed as such. If someone PC freak stumbles upon them, it isn't their fault that they viewed them.

Yeah but they did put it on facebook and guess what were talking about it! To be fair they were probably careless but on principle if somebody did something like this and they knew full well that the victims could see it, that I think is wrong.

Bardock42
Yes but look what you did there. You refered back to the argument you made and specifically refered to questions that you asked. So you did actually ask questions and if you want somebody to answer an argument you have to put it in a form aquestion which is what you did.

No, nice try not looking like a moron, but it didn't work, as I did not ask questions, my arguments raised certain questions that your rebuttal should have covered, instead you dodged by quoting botankus' statement.

So you didnt ask any questions but you have questions marks there?? You did ask questions and it was in the form of an argument.

That were not the questions you were referring to, again trying to come back from looking like an idiot and failing. I did ask questions there, but it was earlier.

Nope I answered the question.

Those were not the questions referred to.

Did you understand the point I was making?

Of course I did, it is just stupid.

Heres my point getting offended by socialism is going off on a tangent because I was not refering to being offended by peoples beliefs or making fun of peoples stature.

Dodging. They are related, freedom of speech issues.

Talking about Beckham is rubbish because makign fun of murder is alot more seerious.

In your opinion, you don't provide any reasons.

Also you gave these examples because you were trying to show teh problem with my deciding the laws. Again my point was I am speciofically refering to making fun of murder.

Which is deciding a law. You think murder should not be made fun of.

A boy and Myra Hindley walk through a Moor. The boy says "Myra, I am scared", Myra replies "You think that's bad? I have to walk back alone."

Joke about murder, that shouldn't be allowed? If it should how do we decide which jokes about murder are alright, which aren't? (questions)

You also aksed why should people by offended....I answered that question!!!! Hence thats why I asked you what questions....because I already answered them!!!!!!!!

No, you didn't. Trying to seem less moronic again, if you had just continued our argument instead of dodging and insulting you wouldn't seem like a douche now

So heres what we have established.

1. You did ask questions, hence the question marks. The questions as a whole were an argument in the form of a question.

Wrong. It's what I said.

2. I answered the questions, despite the fact you said I didnt.

Wrong. You did not.

Alfheim

That were not the questions you were referring to, again trying to come back from looking like an idiot and failing. I did ask questions there, but it was earlier.

I was refering to your whole argument. I posted that post because im not going to post every single one of your posts. You did ask questions, you think my answers were not suitable.

Yes I was I was refering to your whole argument.

Bardock42
I was refering to your whole argument. I posted that post because im not going to post every single one of your posts. You did ask questions, you think my answers were not suitable. Which is, by the way, a completely different argument than you put forth before, you said I did not ask any questions. Nevermind though. You distracted the argument, avoided my points at all cost and certainly didn't answer my questions. I am bored of you though, you think joking about murder should not be allowed and don't give any base for that.

A boy and Myra Hindley walk through a Moor. The boy says "Myra, I am scared", Myra replies "You think that's bad? I have to walk back alone."

botankus
My brain hurts just reading this page.

Bardock42
My brain hurts just reading this page. Now, I know, with me whining in every thread that I get attacked, I really don't have the right to say anything, but...you...have the freedom not to read it.

You could go with the Alfheim method though and feel that he and I should not be allowed to debate.

botankus
Dude, I wasn't talking about you. You stated that I wasn't referring to you and I didn't respond, implying that you were correct.

WrathfulDwarf
Here is a picture:

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5329/vtcostumegroupxh0.jpg

Bardock42
Dude, I wasn't talking about you.

Dude, I used you to make fun of Alfheim, get over it already.

botankus
Dude, I used you to make fun of Alfheim, get over it already.
Damn, you reply fast. I barely got through 1 Edit.

Bardock42
Damn, you reply fast. I barely got through 1 Edit. Yeah, I had to quit my day job as Flash cause it bored me too much.

Alfheim
Which is, by the way, a completely different argument than you put forth before, you said I did not ask any questions.Nevermind though. You distracted the argument, avoided my points at all cost and certainly didn't answer my questions.

no no no no. Heres the problem. This post.

Your saying that I was refering this above post and your saying that it raises questions. Heres the point im making.

1. Theres no indication for me to respond to that even if rasises any question, hell if your going to use that as argument anybody can say anything and say that you didnt respond to my arguments.

2. Even if it raises any arguments what the bloody point in answering them when I have already done that?

Cause that's assault. People do not have the right not to be offended. If you start with that why not be offended by what a person is wearing? Or if they have socialist ideas, why not ban those, they are offensive to me? Or someone saying Beckham is the best footballer ever, that's offensive, why not ban that?

The arguments raised in this above post are the same arguments that are raised in the post below.

Not if I use it in connection with "arguments", in that case it means you didn't reply to the questions my arguments brought up, such as "Why should he freedom of the person be limited?", "Why should people be outraged and insulted?", "Why should there be a law against being an *******?", "Did you understand what my comments about skin color meant", "Why do you think it is ok for you decide what is allowed and what isn't?" ... probably a few more I didn't think of. But, alas, instead of participating in the debate like a mature human you dodged and dragged it to a personal level, so, could we now go back to the real arguments after you tried to expose me as hypocrite, dodge all my arguments, lie about what I said and just all in all behaved like a major *******? (see, a question)

Why should freedom of the person be limited? That is a question in both posts. I answered that, if your are causing people harm then its wrong emotional harm is important to.

Why should there be a law about being a ****? That is a question refered to in both posts. My answer because making fun of murder can cause emotional harm.

Why should people be outraged and insulted? They have a right to be outraged if somebody close to them died.

Why do you think I should decide? What has that got to do with anything most people dont find somebody dying close to them funny, which is why I said it was a no-brainer.

...and you think the family of myra hindley are going to hear about you saying that? If you put that on national TV thats different.

Dude, I wasn't talking about you. You stated that I wasn't referring to you and I didn't respond, implying that you were correct.

I never said you were I just thought the quote applied to Bardock.

Bardock42
You don't understand and you argue nonsense. If you care to understand at some point read my earlier posts...they say everything relevant.

Alfheim
You don't understand and you argue nonsense. If you care to understand at some point read my earlier posts...they say everything relevant.

Whatever makes you feel happy.

Bardock42
Whatever makes you feel happy.

Having the freedom to dress up as a Virginia Tech victim makes me happy...so, I guess you are lying.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by dadudemon
I would love it if my children or grand children made light of the way I died....life sucks and some of the ways that we end this life sucks even worse...I love to make light of things that are really depressing and sad. I expect my children/grandchildren to make fun of the way I die...I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a "different" type of sense of humor. I would think it a great honor if my children/grandchildren dressed up like me for Halloween in a humorous way. (Running around with a colostomy bag, diaper, iv drip, etc.)

My funeral will not be a regular funeral...it will be a massive party. I am already preparing for my funeral. What I am doing now is putting together a list of my top 25 favorite songs. This list changes every now and then. I expect this music to be distributed at the funeral party so everyone can know what I liked...I hope that one day some of my music can make that list. At the party, there will be video games, food, dancing, etc.

Oh right.

WrathfulDwarf
Having the freedom to dress up as a Virginia Tech victim makes me happy...so, I guess you are lying.

You have to remenber that same freedom you speak of gives other people the right to dress up in white sheets and scream out "White Power". That makes them happy.

Freedom should have the same message as drinking and driving....Be responsible.

So....Alf is right in a sense...be responsible.

yea...

chillmeistergen
Well, that's hate speech.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, that's hate speech.

Gee....you think so?

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Gee....you think so?

Yeah, meaning if it incites racial hatred you're not within your rights to do it. It's not the same as dressing up as someone who got killed.

botankus
What if someone dressed up as a bloodied Martin Luther King, Jr.?

chillmeistergen
To a fancy dress party?

They get a pat on the back.

Bardock42
You have to remenber that same freedom you speak of gives other people the right to dress up in white sheets and scream out "White Power". That makes them happy.

So....Alf is right in a sense...be responsible.

yea... I disagree. I believe people should be allowed to dress up in white robes and scream white power.

WrathfulDwarf
I disagree. I believe people should be allowed to dress up in white robes and scream white power.

Well, as long as you don't mind me dressing up as a giant bat and save people from criminals it's all good.

Bardock42
Well, as long as you don't mind me dressing up as a giant bat and save people from criminals it's all good.

Well, you might assault innocent people, I wouldn't say one necessarily makes the other follow.

Tharg

I enjoy being responsible for lots of things. shifty

Deja~vu
*blocks eyes*

You said a naughty, bad, bad word.
I hate that word. paperbag3

InnerRise
Freedom should have the same message as drinking and driving....Be responsible. Absolutely.

chillmeistergen
Yeah sure, ''We'll give you freedom as long as you don't use it in a way that will offend anyone''.

So, what happens if someone uses their freedom irresponsibly, are they punished? Because that's not really freedom, is it?

Violent2Dope
I do not think it is that big a deal.

Kram3r
Yeah but they did put it on facebook and guess what were talking about it! To be fair they were probably careless but on principle if somebody did something like this and they knew full well that the victims could see it, that I think is wrong.

That's not the situation at hand though.

Absolutely.

Oh shit! With all this bullshit Innerrise just threw into this thread I entirely forgot! Innerrise, can you actually address my original post? Instead of derailing the thread further?

Oh shit, again! I forgot, I am talking to InnerRise. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
That's not the situation at hand though.

Yes I know, im just elaborating.

chillmeistergen
Nah, you were just needlessly digressing.

Alfheim
Nah, you were just needlessly digressing.

Well if you want to be a dick about it, yeah im digressing needlessly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.