Luke's Insane Power Level

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caedusrulesall
Can somebody please tell me how Luke Skywalker got to be pretty much the most powerful Jedi ever by the time of LOTF? He was already at an insanely high Force power level in NJO, stayed the same in Dark Nest but was even more powerful in LOTF? I mean, the writers make him out to be some kind of Jedi God. Any information on how he went from being a trainee in the movies to a wobbly, uncertain sort of Jedi in the Thrawn trilogy to a normal Jedi in DE to suddenly this Jedi God in NJO would be greatly appreciated.

Note: From here on is a Sacrifice spoiler, so for anyone that hasn't read it already, don't read on...

Also, as a second thought, what do you guys think that Luke's fate at the end of LOTF should be? I personally think that he should die, he's become too arrogant in the late NJO to the LOTF and became a weepy, revenge-filled weirdo after Mara dies in Sacrifice. Y'know, to add a kick to the EU and make it so everybody doesn't just go: "Oh. Luke's in danger. Oh. Now's he's mortally wounded. Oh. Now he's killing hundreds of people. Oh. Now he's back to being mortally wounded. Oh. Now he survived by some kind of magic."

Also, please, NO FLAMING. (for all you die-hard Luke fans out there smile )

Darth Hord
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
Can somebody please tell me how Luke Skywalker got to be pretty much the most powerful Jedi ever by the time of LOTF? He was already at an insanely high Force power level in NJO, stayed the same in Dark Nest but was even more powerful in LOTF? I mean, the writers make him out to be some kind of Jedi God. Any information on how he went from being a trainee in the movies to a wobbly, uncertain sort of Jedi in the Thrawn trilogy to a normal Jedi in DE to suddenly this Jedi God in NJO would be greatly appreciated.

You answered your own question. It is the writers who made Luke a force god. I have no problem with him be the most powerful jedi ever but he is so much more powerful than anyone that they need to make a villain in this case Caedus to contend with him. Which is one of the biggest complaints here on kmc. The writers gave him some insane force feats such as manipulating black holes. I really don't think there is an in universe explanation other than he is Anakin Skywalker the man conceived by the force. Most of it is th writers fault.

caedusrulesall
I always knew the writers made him a God, I was just wondering if there was some kind of in-universe explanation or if there was some explanation why the writers keep making him live pretty much forever. I mean, if not for Caedus challenging him, we'd have more and more of Luke slaughtering hundreds of people, over and over and over and over...over and over again.

For the end of LOTF, don't you think Caedus should kill Luke, then Ben (or Jaina for that matter since she's fighting Caedus on the cover of Invincible) should kill Caedus? I personally think that later Ben should marry that weird girl that he's in love with from Exile...what's her name, Seha or something and have a kid, and that kid's kid should be Kol Skywalker, and then Cade Skywalker.

Darth Hord
I always knew the writers made him a God, I was just wondering if there was some kind of in-universe explanation or if there was some explanation why the writers keep making him live pretty much forever. I mean, if not for Caedus challenging him, we'd have more and more of Luke slaughtering hundreds of people, over and over and over and over...over and over again.

The only explanation is that he is the grandson of the force and reprents what Anakin could have been.

I want Luke to die like Marka Ragnos probably did by old age. But they stupid legacy comics are only 80 years after this LOTF series which makes it seem unlikely. Anyway I can see Luke sacrificing himself to save someone or a group of people. Now there are many ways that can be done but he could pull a Kenobi on us. Which would seem kind of poetic to me.

exanda kane
He's on the Atkins.

The big EH
i personally think if Anakin Solo lived through the vong wars he'd be not only the strongest of solo kids but with training and crap could rival luke, i mean the kid is technically the great grandson of the force and he became one with the force BEFORE he died and rediscovered some ancient force tricks

but there is one of two ways LotF will go down. 1. Luke will kill jacen and turn to the dark side and possibly kill jaina and leia and han for watever reason and then ben owns him and the chick he falls in love with will bear Kol
or
luke gets killed by jacen probally through a cheap trick or kenobi style and ben kills jacen and later on in life gives birth to kol. however luke could just die of old age because he is currently around 80 years old

Violent2Dope
I think Chewie should come back and kill this ass hole.

He's a Force God because he is high on PCP.

Fvck Luke.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I think Chewie should come back and kill this ass hole.

He's a Force God because he is high on PCP.

Fvck Luke.

Like Chewie could kill Luke! Knowing Luke's current state, he'd probably be able to flinch and blast Chewie into a billion pieces with barely a thought flickering through his mind. That's his current Force God state.

Never thought about that before, PCP=Force energy... wink

Darth Sexy
The whole Luke being the most powerful being in SW is 100% logical. As the grandson of the force, he represents Anakin had he reached his full potential, so his abilities also should seem realistic, considering Palpatine was able to do ridiculous crap and he was twice as weak as a fulll potential Anakin.

Now, they COULD have slowly built up Luke's power instead of speeding it up, then somehow making Jacen ridiculously powerful which was completely illogical. I think Luke should have challenged the One Sith Order..

Now, Anakin Solo WAS supposed to be the strongest solo kid but he was killed off by Lucas because Lucas thought fans would confuse him with Anakin Skywalker. Basically, Jacen did everything Ben was supposed to do had he lived. It's a whole damn mess..

Violent2Dope
Like Chewie could kill Luke! Knowing Luke's current state, he'd probably be able to flinch and blast Chewie into a billion pieces with barely a thought flickering through his mind. That's his current Force God state.

Never thought about that before, PCP=Force energy... wink Mortal, Chewie taught Luke everything he knows, when they say The Force, who the hell you think they're talkin about!?

2. Exactly. I shudder at the thought of what would happen if a Jedi were high on Crystal Meth...

Allankles
DE was nonsense. Palaptine's feats were ridiculous and should never have been written. Then the authors write Luke and they prove that they don't know a god damn thing about compelling story telling. You can't have an all powerful Jedi, the moment you do, you've missed the point of what it means to be Jedi.

The Jedi are selfless, brave and honest, the moment you make them all powerful you take away these qualities. An all powerful Jedi has no need for bravery, because nothing scares him. An all powerful Jedi has little need to be selfless, because he has the power to do anything.

The Jedi derive their power from their desire to be selfless, by confronting their fears and showing courage. Without these traits, they can't be strong in the light side of the force.

There is no such thing as an uber Jedi, just a good and talented one. Yoda and Obi Wan were the perfect example of talented and good Jedi.

It's never about power with the Jedi, just strength and courage to do the right thing. Talent just makes them more capable, it should never translate to: force god.

Luke should never have had the power level, he has now. They could have written him as the most powerful without making it ridiculous. Jacen's power increases is just a cheap plot resolution, but it's a resolution all the same. Jedi's power doesn't even translate to more offensive power, it's the opposite.

EDIT: A trully powerful Jedi is able to discern the truth in any given matter and is able to diffuse a situation with very little physical confontration (or non at all). This is where the true power of a Jedi lies.

Darth Sexy
I somewhat agree with your notion but you still have to understand that Palpatine was the epitome of the dark side and his power was very well explained.

Luke IS supposed to be the most powerful being in the SW universe and I guess having the potential of the chosen one basically gives you limitless abilities. I think they do make sense in a way but the way they were introduced is ridiculous. And the whole Jacen thing is shit.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I somewhat agree with your notion but you still have to understand that Palpatine was the epitome of the dark side and his power was very well explained.

Luke IS supposed to be the most powerful being in the SW universe and I guess having the potential of the chosen one basically gives you limitless abilities. I think they do make sense in a way but the way they were introduced is ridiculous. And the whole Jacen thing is shit.

I have to say, starting with the Clone Wars cartoons. they made the force something it isn't.

Yoda destroying capital ships through the force is just too much. So they have to make Palpatine on the same level at least as Yoda, since he defeats Yoda, or at leasts ties him in the movies. So they make DE to put Palps power equal to Yoda's.

Now Luke is supposed to be more powerful than Palps ever was, so they have to take his force ability to an entirely new level, and now the same thing with Jacen. Its just been poorly done, but the root of the problem is the Clone Wars Cartoons.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Allankles
DE was nonsense. Palaptine's feats were ridiculous and should never have been written. Then the authors write Luke and they prove that they don't know a god damn thing about compelling story telling. You can't have an all powerful Jedi, the moment you do, you've missed the point of what it means to be Jedi.

The Jedi are selfless, brave and honest, the moment you make them all powerful you take away these qualities. An all powerful Jedi has no need for bravery, because nothing scares him. An all powerful Jedi has little need to be selfless, because he has the power to do anything.

The Jedi derive their power from their desire to be selfless, by confronting their fears and showing courage. Without these traits, they can't be strong in the light side of the force.

There is no such thing as an uber Jedi, just a good and talented one. Yoda and Obi Wan were the perfect example of talented and good Jedi.

It's never about power with the Jedi, just strength and courage to do the right thing. Talent just makes them more capable, it should never translate to: force god.

Luke should never have had the power level, he has now. They could have written him as the most powerful without making it ridiculous. Jacen's power increases is just a cheap plot resolution, but it's a resolution all the same. Jedi's power doesn't even translate to more offensive power, it's the opposite.

EDIT: A trully powerful Jedi is able to discern the truth in any given matter and is able to diffuse a situation with very little physical confontration (or non at all). This is where the true power of a Jedi lies.

I completely agree with you, Luke and others are way to overpowered, because from the movies, you never get the impression, that they can be Force Gods.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by truejedi
I have to say, starting with the Clone Wars cartoons. they made the force something it isn't.

Yoda destroying capital ships through the force is just too much. So they have to make Palpatine on the same level at least as Yoda, since he defeats Yoda, or at leasts ties him in the movies. So they make DE to put Palps power equal to Yoda's.

Now Luke is supposed to be more powerful than Palps ever was, so they have to take his force ability to an entirely new level, and now the same thing with Jacen. Its just been poorly done, but the root of the problem is the Clone Wars Cartoons. DE came out before the cartoons.

Darth Hord
And wont the old cartoons become non canon due to the new clone wars series or will it depend on contradictions?

Violent2Dope
All I know is whoever thought it was a good idea to kill off Chewie should die.

So should the guy who wanked Luke so much.

Darth Hord
So should the guy who wanked Luke so much.

Guys not guy.

Darth Nemesis
Ok had a whole reply typed, but it got wiped because I tried to post a link.

Anyway, what crazy force powers has Luke used in teh LOTF series? I can think of only of a few incidents in the Inferno book (which I discussed on an Inferno thread here), but beyond that I can't recall any specifics. Maybe everything that Jacen can do has overshadowed my memory of Luke in this series. I remember when I read Dark Nest trilogy that Luke's ability to cloak ships (and age like Palpatine) was farfetched. But that's about all I can recall. So what crazy stuff has he done in this series?

truejedi
DE came out before the cartoons.

My mistake, i guess just switch those two in my idea then, the one CAUSED the others, and has caused Luke's power. But yeah, he hasn't done anything all that great in LOTF. My problem there is Jacen's ridiculous power. Luke held Jacen motionless in his chair, yeah, but he should have been able to do that, Jacen wasn't a master, or even close to Luke's skill in the force, and this proved that. The problem is, that 2 books later, its insinuating that Jacen is Luke's match. That is a huge jump in power in a relatively small time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.