Dr. Doom w/Sinestro Ring vs. Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Doom gets a month to train and learn to use the ring

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Doom gets a month to train and learn to use the ring

And still loses.

Mr. Slippyfist
Interesting... we've seen how well Doom adapted to Surfer's power cosmic, how well would he do with a ring is a good question...

Val
I'm sure there's someone out there dying to say Doom with a month of training would supersede Hal as a ring wielder.

janus77
Doom would probably use that month to go devise a machine to re-drain the Power Cosmic from The Surfer, then come back and beat down Hal.

Soljer
Originally posted by Val
I'm sure there's someone out there dying to say Doom with a month of training would supersede Hal as a ring wielder.

Don't be angry, you know he would.

Horrificus
Doom would defeat Hal.

Even without the ring, he may be able to devise a way to defeat Hal. With the yellow ring, and his intellect, he defeats one of my favorite characters.

Good bye Hal.

Allankles
Pfft! Dooms intellect is overrated. Hal is a prodigy when it comes to using his ring.

If you know about the rings having intellect doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the greatest at using the ring.

It takes a special kind of mind to use the ring to its utmost. Hal beats down Doom.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Horrificus
Doom would defeat Hal.

Even without the ring, he may be able to devise a way to defeat Hal. With the yellow ring, and his intellect, he defeats one of my favorite characters.

Good bye Hal. How much merit would your statement have if Doom was more your favorite than Hal? detective

Horrificus
Originally posted by Allankles
Pfft! Dooms intellect is overrated. Hal is a prodigy when it comes to using his ring.

If you know about the rings having intellect doesn't necessarily mean you'll be the greatest at using the ring.

It takes a special kind of mind to use the ring to its utmost. Hal beats down Doom. Doom proved that he can MASTER ANY new weapon, technology or mysticism that he acquires.
MASTERS.
Whether it's power stolen from Galactus, Silver Surfer, Belasco or Mephisto.

lando005
Originally posted by Val
I'm sure there's someone out there dying to say Doom with a month of training would supersede Hal as a ring wielder. doom would supersede hal with a ring after a month of training

Allankles
Doom proved that he can MASTER ANY new weapon, technology or mysticism that he acquires.
MASTERS.

Hal is a prodigy with the ring, one of a kind: arguably the greatest lantern of all time. There's no doubt Doom will have mastered the ring, however Hal is special.

That's why I'm saying Dooms intellect is overrated. Doom gets his ass kicked.

janus77
Doom would definitely out think Hal, and thus use the ring with unimagined versatility and creativity. he also does not lack for blunt, obstinate willpower.

the most likely scenario imo, is that Hal attempts to overpower Doom with some blunt attack while Doom makes some esoteric weapon from the ring and siphons Hal's ring's powers and then all the Oan energies in the DC universe...

Allankles
Doom proved that he can MASTER ANY new weapon, technology or mysticism that he acquires.
MASTERS.

Oh and that's Doom's emo, steal other guys power to provide a physical threat for guys well beyond his level. Well, having a sinestro ring won't stop him from getting pounded by Hal.

Allankles
Originally posted by janus77
Doom would definitely out think Hal, and thus use the ring with unimagined versatility and creativity. he also does not lack for blunt, obstinate willpower.

the most likely scenario imo, is that Hal attempts to overpower Doom with some blunt attack while Doom makes some esoteric weapon from the ring and siphons Hal's ring's powers and then all the Oan energies in the DC universe...

Yeah! Doom is a giant plot device, we know that.

But this is n one on one fight. He gets the training but he doesn't get to know who he's facing until fight time. The same for Hal.

Hal has tons more creativity than Doom, he's certainly seen alot more than one months worth of possibilties with the ring.

Horrificus
You guys are missing the point.

If ALL Doom had, was the ring, I stll think he would beat Hal.
But, it isn't all Doom has.
Get it? It just "icing".
Doom is already Gawd-awful dangerous, powerful and brilliant.
Then, he gets the ring.
Imagine Hal, with Doom's occult knowledge, technical mastery and sheer strategic brilliance.
And, are you kidding? Are you really going to paint Doom as lacking in will power?
This is the guy that defeated the Beyonder WHILE he was being dissected.

Master-Borg
Doom's advantages:
- he's one of the most brilliant scientific/strategic geniuses: meaning he will do stuff with the ring that others never fathomed or dared to attempt
- no ethical considerations to hold him back on exploiting the ring's versatility
- fast learner

Hal's advantages:
- greater willpower
- more experience

Hal wins. But if Doom gets more time with the ring, outcome is less certain.

Val

Thank you. I needed the epic lulz before I called it a day.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by Val
Thank you. I needed the epic lulz before I called it a day. laughing

Horrificus

the most likely scenario imo, is that Hal attempts to overpower Doom with some blunt attack while Doom makes some esoteric weapon from the ring and siphons Hal's ring's powers and then all the Oan energies in the DC universe... Dude. I was with ya, and we had this thing won.
Then, you had to go ahead and use the word "esoteric".
Now all is lost...

Bouboumaster
Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.