First Flight....AHHH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orpheus
I will be taking off for the first time on Monday morning. I wasn't really concerned about it before.... but now i'm worried. Not really scared but a bit anxious I suppose.

J-ROC
I see......

Ushgarak
PANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!

Captain REX
Well, as long as you bring a rifle to stop those hi-jackers and make them explode using the Matrix powers, you'll be fine. big grin

Tex
Try not to worry too much.
I mean, your just going to be traveling at 30000 ft at about 500mph in a 40 ton metallic cylinder.evil face

LanceWindu
That was evil...yet funny.

Don't worry Orph, my first flight was only a year back and it was great.

Seeing the ground from way up high for the first time is awesome.

Captain REX
Yes, it's very easy. Make sure you get the window seat and that it's during the day, and the flight will be spetacular. smile

Tex
It looks really kewl, especially at night when your landing, you cant see the cars, but you can see their headlights bouncing off the pavement. It looks really funny.

And if you ever get to take-off flying west from JFK at night, you can see Manhattan, it looks like theres a big black hole in it, being central park of course, absolutely beautiful.

LanceWindu
I've had the window seat on all four of my flights.

Too bad my first flight was from Nevada to Texas, there was nothing to see.

But my second flight (about 10 minutes later) was from Texas to Tennessee, which had beautiful green grass everywhere.

Then my third (a week later) was from Tennessee to Texas, and my fourth flight (30 minutes later) was from Texas to Nevada.

At least we got to watch movies on two of the plane rides.

But they both sucked.

We had Driven and then we had Bridgette Jones' Diary.

BackFire349
the only thing you gotta worry about is boredom.

LanceWindu
Bring a Star Wars book along.

Sabrea
**shudders** i hate planes..of course, it may be because my first experience was a bad one..but font worry Orph..planes are SUPPOSED to be safe..

Orpheus
Cheers guys. As it happens I will be flying across most of western Europe. I'm going from the UK to Bucharest in Romania.

Dexx
really....

I particulary like the takeoff and the landing (as expected, no?) and the occasional turbulence...but they'll come rght when they serve the damn food. The guyz here at Otopeni airoport are pretty nassty...just say
"it's not mine'' or "wasn't me" if they ask something

Dim
Hmmm...so how long of a flight is that?..anything over 2 hours sucks..boring boring boring.. best thing to do is either read or nap. The longer the flight the more likely you'll do both.

Oh..and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport and get checked in.

Orpheus
Three and a half hours. Fortunatly I'm not on my own. I'm going with two of my work colleagues, and its only for a couple of nights. Although it looks like I might be going out for a few weeks early next year.

Dim
Well, then it sounds like you've got nothing to worry about..It'll be fine.

mah
ah, can't count how many times I've flown. the longest was from Singapore to Copenhagen, 13 hours:/ but on Singapore Airlines we got one television-screen each, with 9 channels showing TV-shows and films, and many SuperNintendo games...nice

Captain REX
On my younger sister's first flight, she looked out the window on a cloudy day and they were above the clouds, and she turned to my mom and asked, "Hey, where's God?"

laughing out loud

ToMacco
I do not like flying. I've been on four flights, and hated every one.

Luckily, now I'm old enough where I can get piss drunk during the flight.

BackFire349
i dont mind flying as long as im going somewhere i wanna go.

Dexx
only flown 4 times. Same routes...Bucharest-prague about 3 hours, and Prague - tornoto....over 10 hours.sad never knew i can be so bored. ) and the other way around. The food is terrible and usually sincronised with the occasional turbulence.

Thomas H
the longest flight I have been on is 4-5 hours, not to much! but I have flow a hell of a lot!

Captain REX
Flying is cool if you have something to do...or if you're flying the plane by some odd chance... big grin

Dexx
i doubt the auto-pilot would entertain the pilots much...especially after a few dusin flights. And the there's the responsability for all the ppl...naah....i'd stick with being bored in my passanger seat

Captain REX
Well, you could put it on manual....

Corran
Is it too late to tell Orpheus that flying is the safest form of transport, after all planes only ever seem to crash once.

Orpheus
Yes you were too late. I was in ameeting at the time. As it happens there was nothing to worry about. We re-arranged out flight back so we could finish the business that had taken us out there, so we had to collect new tickets. We got to the boarding gate just in time. Then the return flight was quite bumpy.

They really ought to sort out the roads up there.

Ushgarak
Do they actually qualify as roads?

Orpheus
They way they get looked after I suppose not. You might call them airways instead.

Captain REX
So, how was your flight there Orpheus? Did you get a window seat and look out the window and see the big fluffy clouds and the sun and birds and other planes and UFOs and....

*runs out of breath and passes out*

Orpheus
No I had the middle seat both ways. But as it was an Airbus A320 it eas easy to look out of the window. As i said to all my friends befor I went it was a bus with wings.

Captain REX
I think there is a Star Wars sniper rifle called the A320 Sharpshooter...

Anyway, a bus with wings? I need evidence...

Dexx
U get used to them after a while. but they make great offroad testing spaces.

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.