If DC or Marvel hired a manga artist..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akuki
So if you could pick a manga artist to draw or write your favorite comic book character in a oneshot who would you chose?

srankmissingnin
Kazuo Koike on Wolverine... I can't decided who would draw it maybe Hiroaki Samura.

SaintSmurph
The one who would get the least publicity.

Poor Black Bolt... poor Domino. schmoll

Akuki
I'd like to see Midnighter drawn by Kohta Hirano.

TricksterPriest
Hirohiko Araki on Deadpool. He'd probably buff Deadpool up, but I know his deadpool would be interesting. DP or Taskmaster would be awesome under his pen.

Mr. Slippyfist
They all look the same to me, so a good artist would be good... like Ron Lim. smile
Yup, their best move would be to stay the f*ck away from manga all together. smile

tjcoady
I wouldn't pick anyone, as I can't stand manga.

Tommy05
Originally posted by tjcoady

Creshosk
I already have a one-shot of my favorite character drawn in a mangaesque manner. in both a cosplay outfit and a nice dress... I'm happy.

Blight
I only really like Udon erm

roughrider

I can look at it sometimes, but on a monthly basis for characters I like, it would drive me crazy. I prefer the North American style.

GGS
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Kazuo Koike on Wolverine... I can't decided who would draw it maybe Hiroaki Samura.

I agree with this i can't believe Marvel haven't already picked up on the idea Kazuo Koike is a god they don't even have to put it in mainstream they can put it in their sh*tty manga marvelverse they have at the moment or make it a standalone story but Wolverine is right up Koike's street to base a story on and i gaurantee it would not suck at all.

GGS
Originally posted by roughrider
I can look at it sometimes, but on a monthly basis for characters I like, it would drive me crazy. I prefer the North American style.

I know dude i only moved into Manga four years ago and the wait is gay but it really is worth it sometimes i'm sitting there reading DC and Marvel like WTF is this the best storyline they could come up with!!!! But the thing about Manga is it does surprise you more often than not.

Soljer
Uhhmm - I've tried reading manga before. Many various types...

Am I the only one that can never tell what the hell is going on in a panel?

Black Adam
Hiroya Oku or Ryoichi Ikegami on something like the Punisher.

I guess Tsutomu Nihei would do well on something like GLC or whatever spin off of annihilation there doing this week.

ankur29
the last heroes for hire with the mangaish graphics looked awesome! they coudl use the artist from that

Black Adam
Originally posted by Soljer

I've only ever had that problem in shounen fight scenes.

smashyou

Am I the only one that can never tell what the hell is going on in a panel? nope it all shitty.

endrict

I agree with this how ever Pat Lee on Darkminds was great but draws more of a Anime style then Manga.

roughrider
Originally posted by Black Adam
Hiroya Oku or Ryoichi Ikegami on something like the Punisher.

I guess Tsutomu Nihei would do well on something like GLC or whatever spin off of annihilation there doing this week.

Didn't Punisher have a manga artist when they were doing that ridiculous 'Soldier Of Heaven' storyline? To put it mildly, it was a disappointment.

willRules
Originally posted by Blight
I only really like Udon erm

Tharg
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
They all look the same to me, so a good artist would be good... like Ron Lim. smile
Yup, their best move would be to stay the f*ck away from manga all together. smile

So true. Manga looks shit

SevenShackles
id let the guy who does Hellsing or the guy who does Berserk do a remake of that marvel 'What If? X-men lost inferno' id like to see the king of hell and violence he could put in with an already progressed story idea. saves him a little time on buildup. and all what-ifs are rushed anyway. maybe a 3 part what if? eh? be cool. show more demon Dr.Doom , more Evil Wolvi & Hulk action. Eating that baby was something, like to see that.

SevenShackles
humm not all manga is shit, its all in which style. i like the graphic stuff. Berserk, Gantz, hellsing, crap like it. its nice stuff. i cant stand some of it tho. like no freakin effort. but some books deserve a shot.

with that 'lethal force' stuff with the green lanterns i wouldnt mind a comic by one of the guys i mentioned before, some graphic stuff would be cool... hell id like to see that from anybody really. maybe john stewart, he needs some sort of development.

Symmetric Chaos

No and that's not an uncommon comment by readers.

I'd love to see the guy who did Hellsing draw for Batman.

shksprtx
Not really a big anime/manga fan, and he's not really a manga artist per se, but I'd love to see Miyazaki do some stuff for Marvel...maybe his take on a classic Alpha Flight story arc...

Accel
Most manga artists wouldn't work for me as far as comic books are concerned. It would probably feel like Teen Titans Go! or something with overdone anime expressions or even that "I Heart Marvel" series.

On the other hand, I do feel like a select few artists could probably make their art work in a comic book but mainly with street-level charcaters, like Oh Great! (the artist of Tenjho Tenge). Rando Ayamine (Getbackers) would probably be an excellent choice barring he doesn't do any of those tiny-ass panels of his. Same for Hiroaki Samura (Blade of the Immortal). Those are probably the only three I'd care to see.

As it is now though, I'm just fine with Udon.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Accel
As it is now though, I'm just fine with Udon.

Soup?

Accel
That too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.