Galactus Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old-Wizard.com
Galactus just fed on an inhabited planet an hour before he runs the gauntlet.

1. Dormammu

2. Mephisto

3. Defenders: SS, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Namor

4. Olympians (with Zeus and Hercules)

5. King Thor, all of Asgard, Beta Ray Bill

Devours another planet

6. The Celestial Fourth Host - Hargen, Tefral, Nezzar, Gammenon, Arishem, Jemiah, Eson, Oneg and Ziran.

Devours another planet

7. The Dark Phoenix

severance
Galactus destroys 1-5 no problem

Utrigita
Get to 6 and IF he can siphon there Hyperspace energy (which I think he can) he gets to Dark Phoenix which as a fight has been discussed more then there are days in the year smile

celestialdemon
Get to 6 with no problem. After that, he probably loses.

guy222
Dormammu is more powerful than Mephisto

Celestials stop Big G

Old-Wizard.com
I'd figure he has some problems at 5:

King Thor > Odin

Also, he hasn't fed since taking on all of Olympus, and the Defenders. Strange has driven back Galactus b4...

Not saying I disagree, but I don't think 5 is a given.

Acrosurge
Galactus makes it to six with no issue. I don't know where to place the Celestials in comparison with Galactus (and I don't think their power levels are all the same), but this seems like pretty many for him to fight off. They could stop him. Hmmm, I'll wait for others to way in on number 6.

Utrigita
I assume Mephisto and Dormammu is battling outside there dimensions if that is the case then Mephisto isn't making much of a battle dormammu would give him a fight but not enough.

As for the defenders SS oneshotted Namor and Hulk too. Dr Strange will die pretty quickly too seeing as how Galactus toke on Agamotto without great difficuelty and the funny part is that Galactus didn't even take the fight very seriously.

The Olympians would put up a fight but seeing how easily Galactus toke care of Hercules the only problem I'm seeing is Zeus and IMO Zeus shouldn't present a problem to Galactus.

Now he has used energy but Galactus can go for months without feeding so his energy use rate isn't that great again.

Also I thought King Thor = Odin and that it was Rune King Thor that > Odin...

But still most asgardiens would probably go down pretty quickly a blast like the one from annihilation 6# then almost all of them will be dead... IMO.

llagrok

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Galactus makes it to six with no issue. I don't know where to place the Celestials in comparison with Galactus (and I don't think their power levels are all the same), but this seems like pretty many for him to fight off. They could stop him. Hmmm, I'll wait for others to way in on number 6.

Yeah, but keep in mind G feds right b4 the fight with the Celestials.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
Yeah, but keep in mind G feds right b4 the fight with the Celestials. Here's my deal: I see Galactus as one of the strongest physical/fringe-conceptual beings in the Universe. I see him as superior to the Phoenix after viewing much evidence and arguments in other threads. If he decides to absorb the Celestials, then he probably could win this. Thing is, I'm not real familiar with the Celestial's feats (if they have them), so I don't know if Big G is outnumbered and outgunned or not. After eating just one planet, is he strong enough to take them all? I dunno.

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
I assume Mephisto and Dormammu is battling outside there dimensions if that is the case then Mephisto isn't making much of a battle dormammu would give him a fight but not enough.

As for the defenders SS oneshotted Namor and Hulk too. Dr Strange will die pretty quickly too seeing as how Galactus toke on Agamotto without great difficuelty and the funny part is that Galactus didn't even take the fight very seriously.

The Olympians would put up a fight but seeing how easily Galactus toke care of Hercules the only problem I'm seeing is Zeus and IMO Zeus shouldn't present a problem to Galactus.

Now he has used energy but Galactus can go for months without feeding so his energy use rate isn't that great again.

Also I thought King Thor = Odin and that it was Rune King Thor that > Odin...

But still most asgardiens would probably go down pretty quickly a blast like the one from annihilation 6# then almost all of them will be dead... IMO.

Dormammu's power exceeds Mephisto

celestialdemon
Originally posted by guy222

yes

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222

Agreed hence my reason for saying that Dormammu would indeed give Galactus a fight but it wouldn't be enough. big grin

How are you friend???

Stupid Rookie
I know I am in the minority here, and I guess I need to read up on the fourth host, but I think the Celestials take him down.

9 Celestials, including Arishem seems like a pretty good team.

starlock
Stops at 6

Utrigita
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I know I am in the minority here, and I guess I need to read up on the fourth host, but I think the Celestials take him down.

It is a damm good team hence my reason for saying that he would win that fight only if he could begin absorbing there hyperspace energy, a fed Galactus against 9 celestials including Arishem is to much for him.

Tharg
It depends on the writer and the plot.

smile

guy222
Agreed hence my reason for saying that Dormammu would indeed give Galactus a fight but it wouldn't be enough. big grin

How are you friend???

Dormammu beat Eternity

Always good, my friend

How are u

guy222
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie

Celestials>Galactus

Tenebrous
It is a damm good team hence my reason for saying that he would win that fight only if he could begin absorbing there hyperspace energy, a fed Galactus against 9 celestials including Arishem is to much for him.

yes it all depends on galactus absorbing their hyperspace.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9461/fantasticfourv141428mv7.th.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2826/fantasticfourv141429zb6.th.jpg

So, it's canon that Galactus can absorb hyperspace from powerful beings...and it's canon that the celestials have hyperspace inside of them....

Originally posted by Galan007
Here is Sue's best feat BY FAR imo....

Sue concentrated her power at the Celestial Exitar's armor, and was able to break through it and get inside of him..... This is unheard of!:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f41.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f42.jpg

Sue then went on to litterally destroy Exitar from the inside out:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_f43.jpg

Of course the rest of the Celestials would just be able to manifest another Exitar.

But the fact still remains that the friggin Invisible Woman was able to take a Celestial down!

Respect Sue!

It's very plausible that Galactus can do exactly the same as sue, though with obvious differences:

1. The magnitude of G's assault would obviously be far greater.

2. G's attack would syphon the hyperspace energy, just like against hyperstorm.

So in effect, there's evidence that highly suggests Galactus could turn any celestial, yes even exitar, into a battery. Just like hyperstorm.

The fourth host can effectively be 9 batteries. And we all know how much energy Galactus can absorb.....

guy222
Turn any Celestialhmm

Scathan, Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar

Galactus vs Celestials is always fun to decide. I know ur answer. U know mine

quanchi112
Gets to 6.

Larceny
5 or 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.