Star Wars: The Story of...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I've currently began putting my ingenius idea in motion. It's going to be a series of stories I shall write, and I have just started the first one. Thanks to my literature class at school, my writing skills have improved and I have a larger vocabulary, so it should be better than my older stories.

Anyway, the whole idea is that the story let's you take a look at the life of a character somewhere in the Star Wars Universe, whether it be a slave on Kessel, or a Jedi Knight on Coruscant. Currently I'm writing one about a bounty hunter named Keth Arthul and his son, Brak, who has taken up the job to hunt down and kill a Dark Jedi.

Here's a part in Chapter 2, in which Keth has just taken the job from a Besilisk (like Dexster in AOTC) businessman named Tarkin Val'Tala and gone down from his office to the bar on the bottom floor of his building. He has just taken a seat by his son and they begin to talk when disaster strikes...

Captain REX
The title of the story is Star Wars: Force Hunter: The Story of a Bounty Hunter. Also, I shall be writing about a Dark Jedi, a Jedi Knight, a smuggler, a droid, and a slave. Maybe a few more after that...

LanceWindu
Cool!

But we need to know why the two men wanted to shoot Brak and his dad.

I was confused on that part.

But good work otherwise.

Keep us informed.

Captain REX
Well, Keth and Brak don't know yet, but I'll go ahead and tell you that they are agents of Mon Tifoke, the Dark Jedi that the bounty hunters are going to kill. They've been supervising Val'Tala's building ever since the bounty went out.

Keth and Brak just blow it off and think it's more thugs of "old friends." "Being one of the best also means being one of the most feared and most hated" is Keth's way of thinking.

Captain REX
I'll keep you posted on their adventures, btw. Glad you like it Lance. smile

Julie
keep on writing.....I only wish I had more time to devote to writing....I have a few good story lines but absolutely no time to devote to the art...good luck there Capt

Captain REX
Thanx Julie. smile

If only I had a scanner, I'd show you my extremely good sketch of Keth Arthul himself. He is very menacing looking, and his armor is scratched and dirty. Throughout the adventure, he'll be fighting thugs, pirates, Republic soldiers, Dark Jedi, Jedi Knights, and even other bounty hunters.

He also begins re-learning the Force, though that's not a good thing for his enemies. He'll even learn to wield a lightsaber. eek!

LanceWindu
Sounds kind of like Kyle Katarn in a sense.

Captain REX
Yes, but he's a bounty hunter and there's much more mass destruction and pain-inflicting instruments of war. big grin

LanceWindu
I just got an idea.

How about you make this into a very large series, but using different authors so it gets done real fast.

And I could try and write one for you.

I'd need to know a plot line, character, and how long it should be.

Captain REX
Well, I use Microsoft Works, and the story will be a short story. It needs to be pretty acurate Star Wars wise (using stuff like instead of elevator, you say lift).

Julie
short stories are fun.....so how do you steal the time to write????

Captain REX
Weekends and double tasking. big grin

Wow, I sure got a lot of the Bounty Hunter's story done in three days.

LanceWindu
On second thought REXXY, I am drawing blanks on story ideas.

So I will keep thinking of stuff, but it will take me a long-o time to do it.

So just write all of them yourself.

Captain REX

Julie
I'm lost....but the story sounds interesting.

LanceWindu
Spaming and promo of your own board is not accepted

FINTI

Captain REX
They're on Coruscant hunting down Tifoke.

I'll be posting the second chapter later, Lance.

Captain REX
Hey, Finti, can I promote someone else's board. big grin

I finished! smile Now I'm starting with the Dark Jedi. 6 of them....

Dexx
ya kiddin?..ya writting these stuff too?
I started writting a storie some time ago but i had some things to do and i let it go for a few days. I started on it again last week.
I liked those passages.

Captain REX
Thanks. I can send you the whole story via e-mail if ya like, Dexx.

Dexx
send it, send it...if it's ready.
[email protected]

Captain REX
Okay, I will.

Do you have Microsoft Works 2000? If not, I could convert it to Microsoft Word.

Ushgarak
If you intend to distribute stuff save it as a Word 95 file- nearly everyone can read those.

Dexx
i have microsoft office 97..unfortunatley
just copy paste it in the e-mail browser

Ushgarak
Office 97 can read Word 95 format! That is why I recommended you put it in that.

Copy and pasting into the mail browser can really screw over your formatting...

Dexx
true...
but i'll dload it a lot faster. My connection...remember?

Captain REX
I don't have a Word 95. Only Word 2000. Would it still work, Ush?

Yeah, it's about 20 pages, so it might take awhile...

Dexx
umm..don't think i can open it with lower versions.
But copypasting sounds more reliable...i don't care about the formatting that much

Captain REX
Copy-paste was what I had in mind in the first place. I'll send it to you soon then...

And there are 2 or 3 fonts that you might not have, so they'd just appear a Times New Roman or something. If you want to download them I'll give you the names and place to get them or something.

Dexx
naah. Hey..send if you have something other then what you posted at lance's board, if you didn't send it already. I read that one yesterday.

Captain REX
I'll send it to you in chapters. It'll come to you before the end of this week...I hope.

Speaking of Lance's board, I need to pop in there.

Captain REX
I've finished my story! Woohoo! Now I'm on the next one, A Life the Dark: The Story of a Dark Jedi. Looks to be good, like my last one...

finti
why dont you post your story in a thread here, just give me a hint and I woll stick it, that means no one else can post in that thread

Dexx
haven't been writting at mine.....but i have a good 20 pages written..i'm pretty pleased.

Captain REX
Sounds reasonable Finti. I'll drop you a line when I have some time. It actually takes bloody long to just copy-paste! Would be a shorter time than at Lance's place though. At his place I have to change the ' and " because they become digits.

finti
let me know when you are ready

Captain REX
I'm ready. The thread will be up today.

Captain REX
As a notice, I'll be posting the rest of my story in the separate thread beginning tomorrow.

Captain REX
Okay, so I lied in that post, but I finally posted some of the chapters. I now have down 5 out of 10.

Captain REX
I've finished posting Force Hunter: The Story of a Bounty Hunter.

Coming up next...

A Life in the Dark: The Story of a Dark Jedi A group of Dark Jedi are on the hunt for a mythical Sith temple that is said to have the power to transfuse Dark-Siders with the Force powers and knowledge of the equivalent of 1000 Sith Warriors.

Defender of the Republic: The Story of a Jedi A Jedi Master and his faithful Padawan are sent to investigate the disappearances of a few Senators, and it turns out bigger than they thought.

GordonSkywalker
Wow Rex! All I can say is Wow! I loved reading your stories on the other thread. The confrontation between the bounty hunter and the dark jedi was well written friend! I especially loved the ending scene between the two characters. I am looking forward to reading your next efforts. Good job!

Captain REX
Much thanks Gordon! I have become quite the writer, even though my test scores in literature class don't show it. big grin

I'm thinking of writing a sequel to Force Hunter. It will focus more on Brak Arthul, for his father gets...

*mumbles* evil face

GordonSkywalker
Cool.

Captain REX
But, in the meantime, I need to finish the Dark Jedi and Jedi story.

GordonSkywalker
Yes please do. It is all so fascinating.

Captain REX
I know, I know...

I'm planning to use quotes at the top of each story. For Hunter, the quote was something Keth had said.

Being one of the best also means being one of the most hated and most feared
-- Keth Arthul

The quote for the Dark Jedi story will be from ESB...

GordonSkywalker
Cool. I look forward to seeing more of your work. I too wrote quite a bit in high school.

Captain REX
Well, more of it is up.

GordonSkywalker
I am rather fond of stories such as this. Focusing on the jedi and their dark-side counterparts was a cool concept to base a story around, Rex. I look forward to reading more of your creative and most detailed stories. cool

Captain REX
I'm currently writing up Chapter 5 for A Life in the Dark. The Republic has some how tracked them down. Gathol is supposedly killed in a blast, but he ends up running from Darth Maul himself. Sidious doesn't like competition...that's an idea from the RPG that Ush hosts.

GordonSkywalker
Cool. I am always into stories with dark jedi knights.

Captain REX
Yes they are narly. You'd think being a Jedi is better though...

Bespin Bart
Well, are ya workin on 'em bro?

Corran
look the lesser spotted BB.

Captain REX
Yep, he's been popping in a little more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.