Wonder Woman's BACK!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Me am happy! Gail Rocks. That is all.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_36.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_37.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_38.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_39.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_40.jpg

TricksterPriest
I absolutely LOVE this artwork. eek! The last 2 pictures in particular are stunning. The shadow on the tiara and bracers was a perfect foreshadow. thumb up Mad props to Gail Simone.

tjcoady
I love Gail Simone... so...so much.

Creshosk
More importantly its nice to see you again Draco. smile

Accel
Draco only appears to deliver the latest Wonder Woman news and then disappears when he remembers no one really cares.

Draco69
Originally posted by Accel
Draco only appears to deliver the latest Wonder Woman news and then disappears when he remembers no one really cares.

A sad truth, yes.

sad

Val
Seriously, you should champion a new character and stay around.

Green Lantern has worked out well for me.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Draco69
A sad truth, yes.

sad

I care. durcry2 Wonder Woman needs a champion, but there are other characters who could benefit from your repping them. yes Like Monarch, or Takion, or Super Skrull or Star Lord. I'd like to see more of you on KMC. big grin

Superherovandal
who did you originally care about Val?

roughrider

Ahhh, don't rain on the parade. I know Diana doesn't get the same props the other two in the Holy Trinity get, but at her best she's more badass than either Clark or Bruce. She's like what Thor is at Marvel, and I hope Gail Simone writes her that way.
Speaking of Thor - I know Dodson was drawing this title when it rebooted under Allen Heinberg, but it seems while the editors were playing musical writers, he's seen what Copiel has been doing with the Thunder God, and is getting bolder & more impressionistic with the art. It's certainly packing more punch, now.

Creshosk
Draco only appears to deliver the latest Wonder Woman news and then disappears when he remembers no one really cares. Leaving Nvr to rep WW...

no expression

grey fox
While I understand Captain Nazi is an evil fascist Super villain , the guy can't catch a frikken break. His poor eyeballs are always getting the shit kicked out of 'em...(Metaphorically of course)

tjcoady
Originally posted by grey fox
While I understand Captain Nazi is an evil fascist Super villain , the guy can't catch a frikken break. His poor eyeballs are always getting the shit kicked out of 'em...(Metaphorically of course)

just like the Red Skull. And Hate-monger, if the dude had made an appearance since the seventies (discounting that one time in Punisher). No matter what you do to them, it's always chill, because, you know, Nazis.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by grey fox

If you are dumb/evil/crazy enough to rep Nazism as part of your MO/costume/philosophy, you deserve whatever flak and beatings you get. durbeware

llagrok
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I care. durcry2 Wonder Woman needs a champion, but there are other characters who could benefit from your repping them. yes Like Monarch, or Takion, or Super Skrull or Star Lord. I'd like to see more of you on KMC. big grin

I'll be Star lord's champion.

grey fox
If you are dumb/evil/crazy enough to rep Nazism as part of your MO/costume/philosophy, you deserve whatever flak and beatings you get. durbeware

I get that *hides Millennium behind his back* but it'd be nice to see Captain Nazi getting punched out instead of getting stabbed/electrocuted/frag'd in his friggen eyes every time he exits a panel.

It's almost a running gag.

Bad Ash231

Haha.

So true.

Originally posted by tjcoady
just like the Red Skull. And Hate-monger, if the dude had made an appearance since the seventies (discounting that one time in Punisher). No matter what you do to them, it's always chill, because, you know, Nazis.

Red Skull has actually done pretty good in comics.

Marvel loves Nazis....

And Wizard loves Marvel....

shock

endrict
I absolutely LOVE this artwork. eek! The last 2 pictures in particular are stunning. The shadow on the tiara and bracers was a perfect foreshadow. thumb up Mad props to Gail Simone.

Props to you and Tjcoady for liking the art because I can't stand it.

willRules
Originally posted by endrict
Props to you and Tjcoady for liking the art because I can't stand it.

What??? I think the Dodson's art is great yes

Deathstroke
Originally posted by willRules
What??? I think the Dodson's art is great yes

Co-signed

starlock
If its the art from those scans i say it looks great

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Creshosk
Leaving Nvr to rep WW...

no expression

I do a good job of it. IT doesn't matter if Obama and President Bush endorse WW. People will only see what they want. People still think she's slow, class 90, and can be knocked out by a few Hulk lvl punches.

Val
Why would Obama and Bush endorsing WW mean anything?

WW was actually fairly respected on this forum in the Draco days. Not sure what's changed since. ermmnone

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I do a good job of it.

dontgetit hysterical
laughing rolling on floor laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
Why would Obama and Bush endorsing WW mean anything?

WW was actually fairly respected on this forum in the Draco days. Not sure what's changed since. ermmnone

Respected? No one here when I first came thought she could beat anyone higher than the Hulk. SHe had the unique position of being able to beat hulk and any high tier strong guys, but no one thought she could hang with anyone who basically had her same power set. Which included flight, strength, speed ect.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Larceny
dontgetit hysterical

Reported for flaming.

Val
Respected? No one here when I first came thought she could beat anyone higher than the Hulk. SHe had the unique position of being able to beat hulk and any high tier strong guys, but no one thought she could hang with anyone who basically had her same power set. Which included flight, strength, speed ect.
You weren't looking hard enough or you just chose to ignore them in an attempt to prove your point.

There were WW VS CM, WW Vs BA and WW Vs Thor threads that went on for pages and were split pretty evenly.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
You weren't looking hard enough or you just chose to ignore them in an attempt to prove your point.

There were WW VS CM, WW Vs BA and WW Vs Thor threads that went on for pages and were split pretty evenly. This is true.

Larceny
dontgetit hysterical

nvrbeenwthagirl

That is what the last girl did when you pulled down your drawers.

Val
laughing out loud

Larceny

That was good. I like that. smile

I'd think of something witty to respond with, but well..... you're gay. No gay bashing. sad

nvrbeenwthagirl
That was good. I like that. smile

I'd think of something witty to respond with, but well..... you're gay. No gay bashing. sad

You gay bash every time you wack off.

Larceny

dontgetit

nvrbeenwthagirl
dontgetit

Do I need to enlighten?

Wack means to Hit. Bash means to hit.

You hitting yourself.

Larceny
Do I need to enlighten?

You hitting yourself.

eek!

nvrbeenwthagirl
eek!

And you thought I didn't know. Tee hee.

Creshosk
I do a good job of it. IT doesn't matter if Obama and President Bush endorse WW. People will only see what they want. People still think she's slow, class 90, and can be knocked out by a few Hulk lvl punches. My point isn't about quality, my point is about quantity.

Aside from yourself, when Draco isn't here who else champions the amazonian beauty?

Badabing
Do I need to enlighten?

You hitting yourself.

You gay bash every time you wack off. laughing out loud

Symmetric Chaos
Reported for flaming.

FABULOUS!

nvrbeenwthagirl
My point isn't about quality, my point is about quantity.

Aside from yourself, when Draco isn't here who else champions the amazonian beauty?

Wonder Woman isn't exactly a cool character. She goes from good writer to piss poor one. From good art to hard to look at art. No one is going to champion her but the few anyways. And her costume is just Ugg. It needs to be a blend of what it is now, Donna troy's, and the one she wore in Kingdom Come. Those Blue Panties have GOT to go.

Larceny
Wonder Woman isn't exactly a cool character.

thumb up

ExodusCloak
T.V. shows which have a lead female superheroine seem to do alright but I can't really think of a movie with a lead female superheroine that did exceptional and focused on the character on a deeper level.
I mean Kill Bill V1 was good but that was only because of the director....and the blood. In V2 when they took it to a deeper level it started sucking. I don't think it's only about WW not being a "cool" character. I mean this in the least sexist way but how many female characters could hold their own solo series? It's not the characters fault, it's more lack of interest from the public because she's female.
Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to watch something like Catwoman mainly because the writers are confused on who their audience is.
Heck I'm against an Emma Frost movie for that very reason.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I mean this in the least sexist way but how many female characters could hold their own solo series?

SailorMoon?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
SailorMoon?

Should that really count? erm Fair enough though I suppose there are ways for the public to be"persuaded" to pick up a series.

How big is Sailor Moon anyway? Is it just Japan and part of the US or is it World Wide big?

Creshosk
SailorMoon? big grin

I think he means Western comics tough...

I'll offer up Ms. Marvel then...

Should that really count? erm Fair enough though I suppose there are ways for the public to be"persuaded" to pick up a series.

How big is Sailor Moon anyway? Is it just Japan and part of the US or is it World Wide big? It was world wide big.

It got into places in europe, canada, australia...

Symmetric Chaos
Should that really count? erm

Probably not since I think you were looking for weatern comics. But it is a very good example of a successful series with primarily female characters.

I can think of a small number of series from Japan that revolve around a female character and do OK, but I'll admit that I've got nothing from the US or UK.

Fair enough though I suppose there are ways for the public to be"persuaded" to pick up a series.

What could be better than 15 year olds in miniskirts? ermmnone

How big is Sailor Moon anyway? Is it just Japan and part of the US or is it World Wide big?

I have no idea.

ExodusCloak
big grin

I think he means Western comics tough...

I'll offer up Ms. Marvel then...

It can be anything that you think will do very well at the Box Office.

True Ms. Marvel got her series for now shifty but I thought that's because marvel were pushing herso they can establish a number 1 female like how DC have a number 1 female.
I've been reading it but it's nothing exceptional. Had their been no hidden agenda I don't think the series would last. erm (Must actually take a look at the sales of last months top 100 comics)

It was world wide big.

It got into places in europe, canada, australia...

Do you think it's capable of doing well at the box office?

I think the Buffy Season 8 series is really good. But then again that could be just me since I grew up watching the T.V show. It'll probably do alright at the Box Office since there is a decent amount of people who watched the series but I doubt it'd be exceptional. I'd expect it to do as well as Pokemon or DBZ.(Maybe a bit worse) And as big as Pokemon was it couldn't sustain itself movie wise.
While Spiderman went and killed the Box Office. Heck it was doing better then the Bollywood Movies in India.

nvrbeenwthagirl
thumb up

You are so ghey

Creshosk

ExodusCloak

Mr. Slippyfist
You are so ghey Gay bashing.

*reported*

Creshosk
Fair point Manga and Anime tends to have a wide enough fanbase to pull off a decent gross. Lets narrow it down to western superheroines stick out tongue.

When you take into account how big the craze that swept Europe, Africa, Asia and America was it should have done better. I remember it being huge. The First Movie did very well, it wasn't sustainable through the sequels. Pokemon 3 bumed by 50%.
And maybe Pokemon was a bad example...stick out tongue What I think is funny is my predictions were right.

Alot of people during the height of its popularity were saying "It's just a fad! It's just a fad!" And I told them "It's not just a fad. It'snot something that 's going to fade away completely, its made a big enough impact that its going to fade into the background. It'll be present and even be used as gags. But its not going to fade away completely into nothingness."

And lo and behold the popularity has died down but...:
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/9/C/drawn_together_Ling_Ling.jpg

It's established a place to be used for parody... eventually it might fade into nothingness as the height of its popularity moves further into the past. but it might be used from time to time.

ExodusCloak
What I think is funny is my predictions were right.

Alot of people during the height of its popularity were saying "It's just a fad! It's just a fad!" And I told them "It's not just a fad. It'snot something that 's going to fade away completely, its made a big enough impact that its going to fade into the background. It'll be present and even be used as gags. But its not going to fade away completely into nothingness."

And lo and behold the popularity has died down but...:
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/7/9/C/drawn_together_Ling_Ling.jpg

It's established a place to be used for parody... eventually it might fade into nothingness as the height of its popularity moves further into the past. but it might be used from time to time.

I remember that, and people telling me the same. The knifings over trading cards was crazy. Anyway the UK wised up and started making school uniforms out of kevlar. Good times. stick out tongue

Newjak
I remember that, and people telling me the same. The knifings over trading cards was crazy. Anyway the UK wised up and started making school uniforms out of kevlar. Good times. stick out tongue shock

Val
Young girls in kevlar sounds pretty hot to me.

TricksterPriest
My point isn't about quality, my point is about quantity.

*cricket chirping* leftright

Val
*cricket chirping* leftright
*says the guy with Apocalypse in his sig*

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Val
*says the guy with Apocalypse in his sig*

*says the guy named after a giant with an electricity blasting brain and has apparently photoshopped Wolverine's head into a Garfield comic*

Soljer
*says the guy named after a giant with an electricity blasting brain and has apparently photoshopped Wolverine's head into a Garfield comic*

I was about to make the same joke.

About Validus, not Garfield.

Val
First of all, Wolverine and Garfield are two popular characters.

Second....I got nothing. sad

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Val

Second....I got nothing. sad In comics too.

I reckon Garfield could take Robin for a couple fights.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Val

Second....I got nothing. sad

batdude123
Me am happy! Gail Rocks. That is all.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_36.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_37.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_38.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_39.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Dec07/previews/12_12previews_40.jpg

And still nobody cares.

Nod
I care.

WW is very cool.

batdude123
Who the **** are you?

Nod
Who the **** are you?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by batdude123
Who the **** are you?

CAAAAAN YOOOU FEEEEL THE LOOOOOOVE TONIGHHHHHHIIIIEETT.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Gail Simone worked Wonder Woman 13. It was very good. And the art was great as well. I also loved Gail's wonder woman in the Atom. And WW was REALLY hot in that book.

Nod
CAAAAAN YOOOU FEEEEL THE LOOOOOOVE TONIGHHHHHHIIIIEETT. Not on a first date but I wouldn't say no on the second or third.

Bentley
I actually read Wonder Woman, I sometimes side with the underdog and this may be one of those cases, but who cares?

HueyFreeman
Problem with wonderwoman is only woman and gay men care what happens to her.

Mr. Slippyfist
NOOOOO!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by HueyFreeman

Unless what happens to her involves bondage gear.

endrict
I really wish I can get into her but the costume is too outdated and I don't like it very much. The other thing is, I need good or great art.

Mr. Slippyfist
I really wish I can get into her but the costume is too outdated and I don't like it very much. The other thing is, I need good or great art. Jesus... no expression

Symmetric Chaos
I really wish I can get into her

Two words man: Lifesize Mannequins

Creshosk
Two words man: Lifesize Mannequins

One word further doesn't help either:

I really wish I can get into her but

SaintSmurph
Two words man: Lifesize Mannequins Not the cheap kind though.

The other thing is, I need good or great art.

pr1983
Question: Why does championing wonder woman have to involve trying to bump her up if you don't agree with it?

is it not enough to just like the character?

and if denny crane can get a lifesized shirley schmidt, a terry dodson diana can't be far behind...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by HueyFreeman

That's a problem?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I really wish I can get into her but the costume is too outdated and I don't like it very much. The other thing is, I need good or great art.

WW has had some great writers and artist on her. john Byrne, Goerge perez, Phil Jimenez, Messner-Loebs, Deodato Jr., Simone, Dodson ect. Your escuse? She's also had a couple of variant costumes during some of those runs. excuses excuses.

KK the Great
Gail Simone worked Wonder Woman 13. It was very good.

Nah.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by KK the Great
Nah.
Says the guy who admits he doesn't like The character. So exactly when is your " nah" supposed to count for anything?

pr1983
I liked Simone's WW... a definite improvement over the last run imo...

KK the Great
Originally posted by pr1983
I liked Simone's WW... a definite improvement over the last run imo...

I like having gonorrhea... a definite improvement over having syphilis imo...

pr1983
Originally posted by KK the Great
I like having gonorrhea... a definite improvement over having syphilis imo...

i wouldnt know...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.