George Washington...OVERRATED!!!!????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IHateCaesar
I feel George Washington was given a little more credit then he deserved. He was not a very good battle tatician, his presidency was as average as James Buchanan, but he is mostly only known for being the first president of the USA.....Most people think he led the americans on his own but he was also surrounded by some of the most brilliant American minds(Franklin,Adams, Jefferson, hamilton, etc.) His crossing of Delaware was mainly supervised by his generals. I am American but i just think we put him high up for a first not really for commanding the continental army.

IHateCaesar
He just had influence

Quiero Mota
Lincoln, FDR and JFK all get more attention than him if you ask me.

IHateCaesar
whos on the 1 dollar bill and a mountain

IHateCaesar
http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=q4jm0jbwo2

IHateCaesar
this video is awesome it tells alot of america myths

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by IHateCaesar
whos on the 1 dollar bill and a mountain Lincoln's on a five dollar bill, the penny, and a mountain...he wins.

Kram3r
Originally posted by IHateCaesar
I feel George Washington was given a little more credit then he deserved. He was not a very good battle tatician, his presidency was as average as James Buchanan, but he is mostly only known for being the first president of the USA.....Most people think he led the americans on his own but he was also surrounded by some of the most brilliant American minds(Franklin,Adams, Jefferson, hamilton, etc.) His crossing of Delaware was mainly supervised by his generals. I am American but i just think we put him high up for a first not really for commanding the continental army.

WTF? Are you kidding? Firstly, Washington is remembered because of the precedents of presidency he set, what he stood for and also, UNLIKE Buchanan his presidency didn't set pace for the American Civil War. As for the Battle tactician stuff, I'll have to read over Washington because it's late and I've forgotten a lot about him.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Lincoln's on a five dollar bill, the penny, and a mountain...he wins.

AND he has a giant marble statue AND a line of fine cars named after him.

Lincoln definately wins.

IHateCaesar
i agree Muerto

IHateCaesar
o wait mota my bad

Quiero Mota
"Muerto" means dead. laughing out loud

IHateCaesar
o sorry

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Lincoln, FDR and JFK all get more attention than him if you ask me.

I agree.kennedy and Lincoln deserve it because we were lied to on WHO killed them.

BigRed
I like Washington because he seemed humble on all fronts.

I also like how much he detests political parties.

If anyone is overrated it is FDR.

Mr Parker
yeah FDR is DEFENITELY over rated.That bastard knew the japenese were going to attack us and allowed it to happen because he wanted to enter us into war but needed something like that to get congress and the american people behind him.thats all documented in the book about world war two called DAY OF DECEIT.it has over a thousand declassified documents that prove it.He was a bastard.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I agree.kennedy and Lincoln deserve it because we were lied to on WHO killed them.

I believe that Oswald acted alone.

And why make a powerful claim that you can't back up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.