Double blade disaster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Man of Christ
all out asajj ventress vs darth maul.

0°Mandalore°0
This is a pretty good match, actually. I still have not made up my mind on this one, but I don't understand how can you make threads like "ESB Luke vs Maul" when you also make threads like this one... doesn't make sense.

Blax_Hydralisk
I've done this twice before, actually.

The common consensus is that Maul wins. Maul always wins.

Darth Hord
Maul takes it with difficulty.

Se7in
I go with Ventress.

vader11
Maul wins in a close fight.

JediSamuraiMRB
Great match. Maul wins after long battle.

Rampant ox
Personally, if I was a betting man I'd put my money on Ventress.

darthsith19

Count Makashi
Maul wins, just like dartsith explained, Asajj would never be worthy as Sidiouses apprentice, while Maul was.

fascistcrusader
Maul has it in the bag. A Dark Lord of the Sith would be more than a match for a much less experienced dark jedi.

Darth Martin
Darth Maul was one of the most skilled and dangerous Sith Lords and was a handpicked apprentice under Darth Sidious.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by darthsith19
Maul beats Asajj. Why?

Just replying to this.. as it is the most flawed.

Assaj's point was that to Sideous Dooku and Assaj were simply tools, she was smart enough to realize that he held no feelings of affection, or any real feelings to either of them. Once they had overextended there usefulness Sids would have just disposed of them, then he would move on to someone younger, more powerful, and equally malleable. Enter Anakin.

Maul was no different, to Sideous he was nothing more then another pedestal with which to meet his goal. As soon as Maul overextended his own usefulness Sideous would have gotten rid of him to, like garbage, and he wouldn't have even missed him. Maul was nothing more then a pawn just like everyone else.

Rampant ox
Asajj gave Anakin a run for his money shortly before RotS. Quite an achievement, and an achievement that Maul would struggle to accomplish. Especially since he was beaten by TPM Obi-Wan... no expression

GahLakTus
But the real question is, did she fight anakin whom was in "the zone"?

You make it sounds as if she is a better dueler than dooku.

Rampant ox
I highly doubt that she fought Anakin while he was in the same state of mind as he was while duelling Tyranus. Plus she is able to match Skywalker's brute physical strength much more aptly than Dooku could. So yes, if she fought Anakin in "teh zone" she would get annhilated, however her duel against Anakin in the Clone Wars is an impressive accomplishment.

And no, Dooku would piss all over her in the duelling department. stick out tongue

darthsith19
You really think that Asajj has that much philosophy behind her words? Remember, he goal during that conversation was to throw Dooku off guard so he didn't punish her for attacking Yoda without his permission. At any rate, if she did realise how little they meant to Palpatine, it doesn't matter, because she still felt that Palpatine would sweep her aside, while on the other hand he made Maul his right hand man. I believe I'm correct in saying that all Palpatine really cares about in his apprentices is power, so I see no reason he'd pick Maul over Asajj unless Maul was stronger.

Dude Maul was Sidious's apprentice. What was Sidious's goal? To conquer the galaxy, and if Maul hadn't died he would have used Maul more. Truly nobody was anything but a tool to Palpatine. Sidious would have used Maul until somebody more powerful came along and replaced him. "Just like everyone else." exactly, so let me ask you this: was Dooku a pawn? Was Asajj a pawn? Was Maul a pawn? I think you will agree that they were all pawns. So then, why was Dooku Palpatine's apprentice over Asajj? because he was stronger? And why was Maul elligable to become Palpatine's apprentice when Asajj wasn't? if it wasn't a matter of power then it was a matter of something else. Remember, Palpatine's goal was to have an apprentice that was twice as powerful as he was, and he hand-selected Maul out of a galaxy of billions to fulfill that role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.