The SE Treatment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Dont you think the OT needs a SE treatment ? Look at the PT each film is paked with hours of extres . The OT only has one bones disk .

It should get the same treatment as the PT did . Every film should have extres !

We should have a ultimate box set 14 disks

Look at Blade runner 5 disk set now thats what i call a dvd .

queeq
Maybe the future HD box set may have a lot of EXTRES!

coolmovies
In my dreams mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

truejedi
but would they have kept cut scenes from the OT? It wasn't as easy to keep the footage back then, wasn't a matter of pulling it off one DVD, and putting it on another.

queeq
I am watching the new five-disc DVD of Blade Runner. They went trhough all the original footage and it looks cool. There's even outtakes, scenes that never worked in the first place.
Waht I've seen so far is just in the 3,5 hour documentary, but it's not crappy, grainy temp copies from the time. It really looks beautiful. They could do that to the OT.
SW deserves the same treatment as the outstanding Alien Quadrilogy Box and Blade Runner 5-disc edition.

coolmovies
I agree with you

queeq
Hey... me too. wink

coolmovies
Look at the 13 disk superman collection thats impressive

queeq
Except that it has a few crappy films... err... wait... good comparison! wink

No, but I like lots of extra's and honest commentaries and documenatries. Not the suck up making offs you usually get.

General G
I like the Alien one, it is really nice. The OT deserves something...anything more.

coolmovies
Lotr still rules them all love

queeq
I love the extended LOTR's, but Alien Quadrilogy and the new Blade Runner 5-disc version rules them all. It's because of the blatant openness: they give you all the versions, all the worthwhile deleted scenes. And for these it works because these films have HISTORY. LOTR doesn't have that yet, plus tehre's no reason for it to have a mentionable history. They made LOTR they wanted to.

BR, Alien and also SW had their problems, personal and/or technical, they deserve more backstory. For instance, who wouldn't wnat to see the Wampa attack scene they shot? I mean, they're prolly crap, but I still want to see them.

General G
I would pay for it.

coolmovies
Lotr has tons of extres like the alien movies . I still havent seen all of them . The extres for SW are very weak

General G
Star Wars could be done better.

And exactly, you still haven't finished the Alien ones, I am almost done, they are very good.

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
Lotr has tons of extres like the alien movies . I still havent seen all of them . The extres for SW are very weak

But still, the LOTR extra's are all very positive. It's great to watch, I have and watched all the Extended Editions discs... but still... it lacks that bit where frustration, conflicts and limitations drive the filmmakers nuts. It's only time that was frustrating but it hardly endangered the vision of the film. Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Blade Runner had all of that. Just like Gilliam's Brazil, twelve Monkeys and the unfinished Man from La Mancha. Great stuff that.

I want that with SW as well. Gary Kurtz bitching at GL about ruining ROTJ and the PT .... fights, conflicts, that's what I want! wink

General G
Oh, I didn't realize he was referring to LOTR extras...my bad.

That would be great to see. *daydreams about it*

queeq
Me too.... and again, SW deserves it. And so do we fans.

General G
I am sure Lucas will do something around those lines in the future, if not only for more money.

queeq
A DVD box set in the spirit of the Making of book would be nice.

General G
"In the spirit of"

Meaning just go over similar material?

queeq
No... candid, openminded, room for mistakes and praise where praise is due. Not the polished 'look how well we did' approach.

General G
They may want people (the ignorant type who don't know much) to think that there were no troubles.

queeq
But there were... it's what makes SW so great. Despite enormous difficulties GL wrote movie history. Rather amazing.

General G
You don't have to tell me that.

queeq
I know... I just felt like saying it.

It is so amazing people see whole new shots in a 30 year old movie... wink

General G
Oh, I know, it is ridiculous, just take a wonder to the Unusual OT pics thread.

queeq
Problem is though... that particular shot is NOT unusual. Well not to just about 99. 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
99999999999% of SW fans.

General G
You know what...I'm sick of you.

:P

queeq
Good. evil face

General G
No, not good.

queeq
Very very good.

General G
No, the world (kmc world) will not stand for tyranny and dictatorship!

queeq
It always has. evil face

General G
But I will change it.

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
Luagh it up...you won't be laughing for long.

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
Your mouth will get tired.

queeq
jawdrop

laughing

General G
laughing out loud I must join you in that one!

queeq
wink

General G
big grin

queeq
Good show.

General G
I would say so.

queeq
Well, that makes this one off topic as well. CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.