Blade Runner 5 Disk Set

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Anyone picked up the blade runner 5 disk set ? Its the final cut

Commentary on The Final Cut by Ridley Scott
Commentary by Executive Producer/ Co-Screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Co-Screenwriter David Peoples, Producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber
Commentaries by visual futurist Syd Mead, production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer
Documentary: Dangerous Days - Making Blade Runner - A feature-length authoritative documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film -- from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its controversial legacy and place in Hollywood history.
1982 Theatrical Version: This is the version that introduced U.S. movie-going audiences to a revolutionary film with a new and excitingly provocative vision of the near-future. It contains Deckard/Harrison Ford's character narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) 'happy ending' escape scene.
1982 International Version: Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992. This version is not rated, and contains some extended action scenes in contrast to the Theatrical Version.
1992 Director's Cut: The Director's Cut omits Deckard's voiceover narration and removes the "happy ending" finale. It adds the famously-controversial "unicorn" sequence, a vision that Deckard has which suggests that he, too, may be a replicant.
Featurette The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick
Featurette Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film
Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (Audio)
Featurette Signs of the Times: Graphic Design
Featurette Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling
Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris
Featurette The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth
Deleted & Alternate Scenes
1982 Promotional Featurettes
Trailers & TV Spots
Featurette Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art
Featurette Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard
Featurette Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers
Workprint Version: This rare version of the film is considered by some to be the most radically different of all the Blade Runner cuts. It includes an altered opening scene, no Deckard narration until the final scenes, no "unicorn" sequence, no Deckard/Rachel "happy ending," altered lines between Batty (Rutger Hauer) and his creator Tyrell (Joe Turkell), alternate music and much more.
Introduction by Ridley Scott
Commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner
Featurette All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut

MildPossession
Not just the final cut, all the different versions, well the British release is.

I'm going to get it for Christmas hopefully, I loveeeeeeeee the tin it comes in.

papabeard
theres talk of a four hour edit

roughrider
Four versions of the same movie - cuts and tweaks here and there - would feel very tiring. I only care about the Director's Cut & The Final Cut, because they had the big shift in experience by deleting the narration & the happier ending. The Final Cut has improved visual effects and some mistakes corrected at long last; that's it's only difference from the DC. I don't care about watching the early versions at all, now.

WrathfulDwarf
This is a must buy for me. I should get it soon.

You know we have to buy gifts for the family.

The Grey Fox
Well now I know what to get my mother for christmas thumb up

coolmovies
Its dvd of the year

SnakeEyes
Never understood what was so great about Blade Runner >_>

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Never understood what was so great about Blade Runner >_>

you prefer Spiderman 3 eh? thought so >_>

SnakeEyes
Don't know what would make you think that.

I actually pride myself in having good taste in film, I just don't understand what makes Blade Runner extraordinary.

The Grey Fox
Favourite film? mmm

I guess some see it in one way, others don't.

SnakeEyes
What is my favorite film?

Some of em: The Fountain, Garden State, Seven, Shaun of the Dead, Gladiator, Sin City, Eternal Sunshine, American Beauty, Memento, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.

WrathfulDwarf
Flat broke! I'm getting the 5 disc set AFTER the holiday season.

Ehh...NO! You have to wait till Christmas.

MildPossession
Don't get me started on The Fountain... don't know how many times I nearly nodded off during that movie...

Anyway, I saw it in the shops today(Blade Runner that is), I was drooling.

BackFire
Gotta be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Blade Runner.

Jack R. Crown
I must say blade runner is a favourite of mine in many ways

anyone who thinks otherwise should get themselves a lobotomy smile

MrCampion
Well now this is grand news. I love Blade Runnner. My memories of first seeing it were on a black and white TV set with bad static years and years ago.

JackieCD
I never got what was so great about Bladerunner. The game was even awful.

MrCampion
So?

Sadako of Girth
It was visually stunning, thought provoking ("How would you know in that world that you really were human, when all you memories could be a mere implant..?" etc) and the way it looked/sounded had a flavour of atmosphere about it that had never been seen before or arguably since (Except maybe for George Lucas' "Coruscant" in the SW movies, and even then SW failed to capture the noir style.)

It had/has superb scripting, direction, acting too.

It was made to be subtle in these regards and it was product of an age where art/content was allowed to be without constant dialogue exposition and explaination about every little thing.

And that was just some of the quantizable factors that I could put my finger on. A lot more is hard to articulate concisely when trying to explain its genius.

Theres no accounting for taste though I guess.

The game, I can understand being annoying for folk who don't like the movie though.

Mark Question
How's the newest cut version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.