Onslaught and Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
Onslaught and Apocalypse

vs

Thor
Juggernaut (classic)
Blackbolt
Meggan
Sersi
Invible Woman
Ironman

Uber versions of all
5 mins prep

llagrok
Hero team loses.

Gecko4lif
non jobbing onslaught solos

Power16
Why does the team lose wouldn't uber version of Thor be RKT and then there's Meggean.

Utrigita
Meggan at full power halted the Chaos Wave and RKT well speaks a bit for himself since all around here knows him...

I would really love to see Onslaught try and halt the Chaos wave...

Xplosive
Well based on Onslaught powers, Onslaught at his best should aslo beat RKT.
But Meggan at her best should solo Onslaught and Apocalypse.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Xplosive
Well based on Onslaugh powers and on theory, Onslaught at his best should aslo beat RKT.
But Meggan at her best should solo Onslaught and Apocalypse.

agreed

psy_blade
I know Meggan is powerful, but is she really that powerful?

iceman24567
Originally posted by psy_blade
I know Meggan is powerful, but is she really that powerful? Yup she is that powerful.

guy222
team ftw

llagrok
We very rarely see Meggan at her best, and both Apocalypse and Onslaught are telepaths.

Xplosive
Originally posted by llagrok
We very rarely see Meggan at her best, and both Apocalypse and Onslaught are telepaths.

What, are you retard? Apocalypse would really be a non factor.

psy_blade
Apoc can match Ironman and Blackbolt and Onslaught can take on the rest.

Utrigita
Take on Meggan that halted the Chaos Wave unlikely

llagrok
What, are you retard? Apocalypse would really be a non factor.

Nooo, Meggan is incredibly suspectible to telepathy...

Xplosive
Nooo, Meggan is incredibly suspectible to telepathy...

Cool. Meggan still did the feat that Apocalypse nor Onslaught shown they could match, not even if they would combine their effort.
Onslaught was powerful, to take anyone on the team, except Meggan (maybe he could give a fight).
Apocalypse could also be able to take some individuals from the team.
But Rune King Thor and Meggan, Apocalypse in such battle wouldn't be in much of a help to Onslaught.

So, the team wins.

xmarksthespot
Nooo, Meggan is incredibly suspectible to telepathy... Which is weird since being a shapeshifter she should be more resistant to telepathy than ordinary folk e.g. Mystique.

Although it's always seemed to me more of her being highly sensitive to her environment - emotions and thoughts included - rather than her being more susceptible to telepathy in particular. I've never seen her succumb to psionic attack any more so or more easily than any other person, that I can recall.

The main instance I can think of where she was changed more and faster than most due to telepathic influence was during Inferno where the entire city was surrounded in a haze of magic and telepathy by the Goblin Queen.

General: Meggan's powers also depend a lot on her environment.

Put Onslaught or Apocalypse in front of the Chaos Wave and they'd be obliterated sure and have little ability to halt it's progression, but that really has no bearing on the fight at hand.

Minge
Are you gay AJ

Nod
You just said your AJ. WTF!!

Minge
Originally posted by Nod
You just said your AJ. WTF!!

Sorry I was signing it AJ and forgot to hit return

AJ

llagrok
Cool. Meggan still did the feat that Apocalypse nor Onslaught shown they could match, not even if they would combine their effort.
Onslaught was powerful, to take anyone on the team, except Meggan (maybe he could give a fight).
Apocalypse could also be able to take some individuals from the team.
But Rune King Thor and Meggan, Apocalypse in such battle wouldn't be in much of a help to Onslaught.

So, the team wins.

Good thing Apocalypse and Onslaught aren't asked to copy her feats then, but beat her instead. Meggan is very weak to telepathy, simple as that. It's an instant win for either Apocalypse or Onslaught.

I don't think Rune King Thor was specified and Thor has yet to display any form of rune magic after his rebirth. It's safe to assume that OP was referring to classic Thor. If not, then he would win.

xmarksthespot
Meggan is as susceptible to telepathy as anyone else. It's a win for only Onslaught who actually is a telepath since Emma Frost still has more telekinetic feats than Apocalypse has telepathic feats and she still isn't considered a telepath. Fixed. vin

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Fixed. vin

.... Emma Frost isn't a telepath?

xmarksthespot
Bizatch. embarrasment You know what I meant. miffed Urg.

psy_blade
I realized Meggan is much more powerful than i thought after reading her respect thread. Jamie Braddock can't affect her and she can copy someone right down to the DNA so she can also copy other's mutant powers. She can become sand like Dust and be telepathic resistant or take on a form like Husk once did that made her telepathy immune. I think she can solo Apoc even without going all out.

llagrok
Fixed. vin

Naw, Apocalypse has roughly 6 displays of telepathy.

His telepathy - appearance ratio is higher than Emma's telekinesis - appearance ratio.

xmarksthespot
6? More like one possible pisblast. Hmm, typo or not?

Oh and a loose interpretation of another scan where he "talks through his minion."

Strong mental defenses, yes. Enough telepathic feats to consider him a telepath... not really. An inability to access the Astral Plane of his own accord... yes.

doped

llagrok
6? More like one possible pisblast. Hmm, typo or not?

Oh and a loose interpretation of another scan where he "talks through his minion."

Strong mental defenses, yes. Enough telepathic feats to consider him a telepath... not really. An inability to access the Astral Plane of his own accord... yes.

doped

What about the one where he reads Ozymandias' mind? Or reflects Jean's telepathic attack?

xmarksthespot
What about the one where he reads Ozymandias' mind? Or reflects Jean's telepathic attack? The former makes 1 plus 2 possibles = possibly 3. The latter shows psionic defenses.

Bad Ash231
Enough telepathic feats to consider him a telepath... not really.

Apocalypse appeared to be telepathically talking to Exodus.

The latter shows psionic defenses.

Apocalypse was fighting off Jean's best attempt to defeat him telepathically (the telepathic equivalent of Silver Surfer, putting his "all" into one last assault) through sheer force of will. This seemed to somewhat imply that he had no telepathic powers at this time, but this was retconned in the Exodus one-shot.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Apocalypse appeared to be telepathically talking to Exodus.Do you mean via the scorpion creature that came out of the sand? That was ambiguous. If you mean in the pages prior
Apocalypse was fighting off Jean's best attempt to defeat him telepathically (the telepathic equivalent of Silver Surfer, putting his "all" into one last assault) through sheer force of will. This seemed to somewhat imply that he had no telepathic powers at this time, but this was retconned in the Exodus one-shot. Way too many on-again-off-agains with the ons usually being questionable, for me at least to consider him a telepath, let alone one of either great skill or power.

And at the very least his most recent incarnation hasn't shown any telepathic ability afaik.

Bad Ash231
That was ambiguous.

How?

If you mean in the pages prior

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/BlackKnight_Exodus_18.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/BlackKnight_Exodus_19.jpg

And then the Mantis creature comes up...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/BlackKnight_Exodus_20.jpg

And at the very least his most recent incarnation hasn't shown any telepathic ability afaik.

So?

The handbooks mentions telekinesis, yet he hasn't shown that since the '90's.

xmarksthespot
Oops forgot to finish my sentence. If you mean the pages prior, the bubbles depicted are verbal speech bubbles. I.e. a voice coming from an unknown location, later revealed to be from the mantis creature.

Which leaves that a mantis creature is talking to Exodus, which you're free to interpret as Apocalypse talking through the mantis creature, or alternatively can be just as easily interpreted as simply the mantis creature talking to him. Thus the ambiguity. Or further alternatively the mantis may not be an organic creature but rather a technological - in which case the voice may be being "broadcast" from it.

Do they mention telepathy in the recent bios? Rhetorical question. The 1991 bio even specifically mentions "Superhuman mental powers: None known." Way too many on again off agains.

Bad Ash231
Oops forgot to finish my sentence. If you mean the pages prior, the bubbles depicted are verbal speech bubbles. I.e. a voice coming from an unknown location, later revealed to be from the mantis creature.

Which leaves that a mantis creature is talking to Exodus, which you're free to interpret as Apocalypse talking through the mantis creature, or alternatively can be just as easily interpreted as simply the mantis creature talking to him. Thus the ambiguity.

But shouldn't Apocalypse be the one to speak to Exodus?

It looks like the mantis creature is being teleported to Exouds in the third scan...

Do they mention telepathy in the recent bios? Rhetorical question. The 1991 bio even specifically mentions "Superhuman mental powers: None known."

That's a VERY old bio. He hadn't even shown telekinesis by then.

xmarksthespot
But shouldn't Apocalypse be the one to speak to Exodus?

It also looks like the mantis creature is being teleported to Exouds in the third scan.

That's a VERY old bio. He hadn't even shown telekinesis by then. I only mentioned it because you mentioned bios... recent one doesn't mention telepathy either...

Could very well be Apocalypse speaking through the mantis - old hat to telepaths even in the low levels of ability I'd imagine - not exactly something to write home about... and nothing that would imply an uberness in telepathic ability.

Looked to me like it surfaced from below the ground, thus the dirt falling off it. Unless for some reason it was teleported below the ground only to surface... erm

On an aside: Current occupation: Instigator of warfare among mutants and normal human beings made me chuckle.

Bad Ash231
I only mentioned it because you mentioned bios... recent one doesn't mention telepathy either...

Recent one doesn't mention his other abilities either... erm

Looked to me like it surfaced from below the ground, thus the dirt falling off it. Unless for some reason it was teleported below the ground only to surface... erm

Well, Apocalypse's citadel was suppose have been below the ground.

horrorwolf
One of the worst spite threads ever.

Onslaught/Apoc 100/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.