Anti Monitor Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Current AM vs Galactus last seen in Annihilation.
Who wins?

Sarutobi700
Galactus will destroy AM on a whim.

lando005
hmm am has been going down in power since his first apperance so big g might have a shot of beating him i/ll give this to am 7/10

guy222
galactus

Juntai
People act like Galactus hasn't been treated in dozens of stories.
Anti-monitor is still more impressive.
You'll also note that in his current appearance, they said Anti-Monitor was only operating on partial power.
He was still fighting off the heros and the entire host of Guardians. And weren't even phasing him, as noted by Guy Gardner.

guy222
Hey Jun

Where ya been

Good to see ya back

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
You'll also note that in his current appearance, they said Anti-Monitor was only operating on partial power.
He was still fighting off the heros and the entire host of Guardians. And weren't even phasing him, as noted by Guy Gardner.

But if we use current AM Galactus is just fighting a huge lantern ermmnone

And even if we take a more reasonable interpretation of what "current" means AM has done very little that was impressive prior to getting asploded.

123KID
oh no
Guardians
the same ones killed by Doomsday and Superboy-Prime

Galactus could do everything current AM has done but better
and he wouldn't be hurt by War World.....

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Juntai

And they dropped Warworld on him. The blast from that would have destroyed the milky way.

King Kandy
How could you say that the Guardians were doing nothing when you could see chunks of his armor getting blown off?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And they dropped Warworld on him. The blast from that would have destroyed the milky way. Wasn't Galactus in a fight(s) that destroyed galaxies? ermm

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Wasn't Galactus in a fight(s) that destroyed galaxies? ermm Yes, but not milky ways. ermm

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
Yes, but not milky ways. ermm Ah... nevermind then... ermm

quanchi112
Galactus is to much for the Am.

Desaad
Wasn't Galactus in a fight(s) that destroyed galaxies? ermm

He's also been defeated in fights that destroyed planets, he's been knocked down by the Thing, he's been stalemated by Quasar, he's been depowered by Reed Richards + Quasar, he's been knocked down and his helmet destroyed by a blast from Thanos, he was nearly killed in the blast that killed the Hunger (which was just two planets and some nukes), he's been nearly killed by 12 creatures that were so powerful that Rom the Spaceknight was able to beat one of them on his own (Galactus saved himself by teleporting away, thank goodness), etc.

He has had plenty of much much worse showings than this was for the Anti Moniter.

And remember, Galactus has come to eat earth multiple times, and never succeeded either...much like Anti Moniter in this case, though he was going after the Multiverse. The difference is in this case the Anti Moniter was up against the Corps and the Guardians, and then had warworld dropped on him and then survived a blast that would have destroyed a galaxy.

All at less than his peak?

Yeah, that is just fine.

Estacado
Also he is the new battery of the Black Lanterns which means his power is infinite.shifty

Rorschach

Avlon
If I remember correctly, it's been said in the past that each Guardian is like a central power battery of his own.

That's pretty damn powerful...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wasn't Galactus in a fight(s) that destroyed galaxies? ermm

What fights where galactis in that destroyed galaxies? Where these on hit kills. Like one shot and the galaxy just dies. Did Big G release this energy on his own or was it a result of clashing energy with someone else.

Galan007
Originally posted by Avlon
If I remember correctly, it's been said in the past that each Guardian is like a central power battery of his own.

That's pretty damn powerful... Central Batteries, powered by the Central Battery?? Wierd.

But I guess it does complete the circle of life. dur313

Kutulu
Galactus devours AM, mmm energy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
Central Batteries, powered by the Central Battery?? Wierd.

But I guess it does complete the circle of life. dur313

Well Look at Ganthet and his bald chick. They create a blue corps out of themselves.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
Galactus devours AM, mmm energy.
He gets turned to ash with a wave of entropy energy.

Kutulu
"Current" A.M. as stipulated in the O.P. was a far cry from his height of power, heck even SMP was busting him up like a joke.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
"Current" A.M. as stipulated in the O.P. was a far cry from his height of power, heck even SMP was busting him up like a joke.
YOu and I didn't read the same book did we? SBP went thru AM's suit and ripped the rest of it OFF after the gaurdians had did thier thing, and a galaxy destroying blast had did it's thing. So exactly what did SMP bust up?

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
YOu and I didn't read the same book did we? SBP went thru AM's suit and ripped the rest of it OFF after the gaurdians had did thier thing, and a galaxy destroying blast had did it's thing. So exactly what did SMP bust up? Yeah.

For some reason, people are selectively overlooking those facts.

Bentley
What fights where galactis in that destroyed galaxies? Where these on hit kills. Like one shot and the galaxy just dies. Did Big G release this energy on his own or was it a result of clashing energy with someone else.

I don't really know the feat but if I'm not mistaken is against Tyrant.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't really know the feat but if I'm not mistaken is against Tyrant. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_tyrant2.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_tyrant2.jpg
confused Must have destroyed galaxies????? Between the two of them, In a millenias long war? Certainly not the same as one shotting a galaxy.

123KID
um...they didn't fight millennia
they fougth once for a while and then Tyrant lost and got sent away

123KID
Originally posted by Desaad
He's also been defeated in fights that destroyed planets, he's been knocked down by the Thing, he's been stalemated by Quasar, he's been depowered by Reed Richards + Quasar, he's been knocked down and his helmet destroyed by a blast from Thanos, he was nearly killed in the blast that killed the Hunger (which was just two planets and some nukes), he's been nearly killed by 12 creatures that were so powerful that Rom the Spaceknight was able to beat one of them on his own (Galactus saved himself by teleporting away, thank goodness), etc.

He has had plenty of much much worse showings than this was for the Anti Moniter.

And remember, Galactus has come to eat earth multiple times, and never succeeded either...much like Anti Moniter in this case, though he was going after the Multiverse. The difference is in this case the Anti Moniter was up against the Corps and the Guardians, and then had warworld dropped on him and then survived a blast that would have destroyed a galaxy.

Yeah, that is just fine.

yep so A-M loses horribly here

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by 123KID
um...they didn't fight millennia
they fougth once for a while and then Tyrant lost and got sent away

NO. Ganymede told the story of Tyrant. It was a millienia long war. To which the spinsters thought they were the ones who defeated tyrant, but it was really Galactus. And I find it hard to believe that galaxies "might have or Must have" been destroyed and yet Ganymede made no mention of it.

Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah, that is just fine. Most of those were from him being weaker... plus, the Thanos one is a testament of Thanos's power, and intellect... shifty Same with the Reed, and Quasar one... shifty

The Black Galaxy sun? Rom beat that thing?

However, we haven't seen AM at his peak in recent years, so what would it matter if he wasn't or not. Since this one is him in his 'depowered' form. Plus, Galactus has 100's of more appearances than AM... AM has like 20 or so... of course Galactus is going to outnumber him in bad feats.

And unless this is actually the Annihilation Galactus that was drained of most of his energy... then a lot of those are sort of irrelevant. erm

I was also just poking fun at it... but whatever... ermm

123KID
THEIR war with Tyrant lasted millennia. Galactus and Tyrant's fight didn't

plus I'm sure it's mentioned multiple times how their fight destroyed galaxies

quanchi112

Yeah, that is just fine. Am got his ass kicked and he had a huge army alongside with him. Dont overlook the fact that he just stood there mostly throughout this entire story. Galactus whips him good.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Am got his ass kicked and he had a huge army alongside with him. Dont overlook the fact that he just stood there mostly throughout this entire story. Galactus whips him good.
When was the last time Galan took a galaxy destroying attack?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
When was the last time Galan took a galaxy destroying attack? Please. Anti Monitor was dealt with in one issue. Galactus destroys 3 star systems while weak while Am gets hurled into space rather easily. smile

Estacado
Please. Anti Monitor was dealt with in one issue. Galactus destroys 3 star systems while weak while Am gets hurled into space rather easily. smile Originally posted by Estacado
When was the last time Galan took a galaxy destroying attack?
Answer the question.....

quanchi112
Answer the question..... Cyborg survived it.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Estacado
Cyborg survived it.

laughing laughing laughing laughing
Since he is Immortal......

quanchi112
Since he is Immortal...... I guess a galaxy destroying blast leaves earth in tact as well. Makes sense. smile

Geez I think Sentry destroyed more buildings in WW Hulk. laughing

Estacado
I guess a galaxy destroying blast leaves earth in tact as well. Makes sense. smile

Have you read it? The blast was contained by the gls.
Yup you talk bullcrap again go read the book again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I guess a galaxy destroying blast leaves earth in tact as well. Makes sense. smile

YOu realize that they contained the blast. Which is why they had to be perfect in thier execution of the bomb delivery.

Mr. Slippyfist
Since he is Immortal...... And indestructible apparently...

Geez I think Sentry destroyed more buildings in WW Hulk. laughing no expression
If you read the comic... you'd know that a bunch of green Lanterns put up a bunch of shields to shield everything from the blast. no expression

quanchi112
Have you read it? The blast was contained by the gls.
Yup you talk bullcrap again go read the book again. I read it I still think its funny. All it really takes is some gl's to deal with the Am. How far has he fallen. laughing laughing laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
I read it I still think its funny. All it really takes is some gl's to deal with the Am. How far has he fallen. laughing laughing laughing And basically a giant bomb that could destroy the Milky Way... no expression

quanchi112
And basically a giant bomb that could destroy the Milky Way... no expression Yep the come up with it in no time. Gl's dealt with the Am in one issue and hes no where near as powerful as he once was.

big grin

Mr. Slippyfist
Yep the come up with it in no time. Gl's dealt with the Am in one issue and hes no where near as powerful as he once was.

big grin Jesus...

Now, it's been stated he's depowered... but throwing a plot device that happened to be floating around = not as powerful as he once was?

Also, must mean Thanos is not as powerful as he once was... Annhilation #4, GLA Christmas special, etc... no expression

Estacado
Yep the come up with it in no time. Gl's dealt with the Am in one issue and hes no where near as powerful as he once was.

big grin
Have you read the comic?
Even the Guardians said he wasn't restored to "full power".

quanchi112
Jesus...

Now, it's been stated he's depowered... but throwing a plot device that happened to be floating around = not as powerful as he once was?

Also, must mean Thanos is not as powerful as he once was... Annhilation #4, GLA Christmas special, etc... no expression Yes he has been depowered into a character who the gl's can beat down.

smile

quanchi112
Have you read the comic?
Even the Guardians said he wasn't restored to "full power". Galactus wasnt at full power when he destroyed 3 star systems. He was weak as shit.

wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes he has been depowered into a character who the gl's can beat down.

smile

Funny, I seem to remember him killing a GL or two and A guardian if I remember correctly. Took a plot device to Beat him down. And AlL of the guardians and a lil help from the uber SBP.

Mr. Slippyfist

smile Context is nice.

How would what you're saying be any different than saying Thanos can be beat down by Magus who got beat up by Doom? But, we cut out the fact that Magus had the IG. no expression

Or, Thanos beat Galactus because he threw Tenebrous and Aegis at Galactus?

quanchi112
Context is nice.

How would what you're saying be any different than saying Thanos can be beat down by Magus who got beat up by Doom? But, we cut out the fact that Magus had the IG. no expression Am isnt the threat he used to be. In fact in sinestro corps Parallax was weaker as well. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Am isnt the threat he used to be. In fact in sinestro corps Parallax was weaker as well. smile

What does that have to do with the Tea in China?

quanchi112
Funny, I seem to remember him killing a GL or two and A guardian if I remember correctly. Took a plot device to Beat him down. And AlL of the guardians and a lil help from the uber SBP. My boy Prime is fukcing all of dc up I love it.

You laughed when I told you I liked Prime and said he has no history. He has been shitting all over dc and their heavyweights.

quanchi112
What does that have to do with the Tea in China? Am is weaker.

Mr. Slippyfist
Am isnt the threat he used to be. In fact in sinestro corps Parallax was weaker as well. smile God...

quanchi112
God... Its all to true.

nvrbeenwthagirl
My boy Prime is fukcing all of dc up I love it.

You laughed when I told you I liked Prime and said he has no history. He has been shitting all over dc and their heavyweights.

What in the world are you talking about? Prime didn't beat the AM. IT is like it has always been. It takes waves of relentless attacks on the Am to beat him. And never permanantly.

Mr. Slippyfist
Its all to true. Let's say it is... it's not only irrelevant, but your whole argument is missing loads of context.

quanchi112
Let's say it is... it's not only irrelevant, but your whole argument is missing loads of context. Well most peoples arguments fail when it comes to the context of Galactus's defeats but when its the Am people say you are missing context.

quanchi112
What in the world are you talking about? Prime didn't beat the AM. IT is like it has always been. It takes waves of relentless attacks on the Am to beat him. And never permanantly. Prime bfr'd him.

wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Prime bfr'd him.

wink

ONly after waves of attacks from lil sky father beings, and a galaxy destroying blast. And still, the best Prime could do was rip his armor. The AM fled on his own.

Mr. Slippyfist
Well most peoples arguments fail when it comes to the context of Galactus's defeats but when its the Am people say you are missing context. OK. That has to do with me... because?

Superherovandal
Well I'd still say AM. He wasn't at full powe yet was being hit by Guardians, burnt one with one touch, took the full brunt of WarWorld and the explosion of it as well as the explosion of all of the collected fear in the universe and he still was standing. Sure he was weakend by SBP but all things considered he also is the powersource for the black lanterns so that shows something about his power.

Superherovandal

Geez I think Sentry destroyed more buildings in WW Hulk. laughing you know sometimes i think you don't have any reasoning power. A galaxy blast weakened an already weakened AM. Bad feat not really. Considering that he survives it is a good feat. And the fact that the GL's were all focussed on blocking the blast is why it was blocked. You really are a Marvel Fanboy. trying to show how "superior" marvel's characters are. But you really only hurt yourself and your arguments by looking so rabid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Superherovandal
you know sometimes i think you don't have any reasoning power. A galaxy blast weakened an already weakened AM. Bad feat not really. Considering that he survives it is a good feat. And the fact that the GL's were all focussed on blocking the blast is why it was blocked. You really are a Marvel Fanboy. trying to show how "superior" marvel's characters are. But you really only hurt yourself and your arguments by looking so rabid.

I like this post alot.

Val

smile
The entire GLC could also beat Galactus.

Val
Just read this whole thread. Are you being stupid on purpose, quan?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Val
Just read this whole thread. Are you being stupid on purpose, quan?

On purpose? He's NORMALLY this dumb. This is how he posts and acts pretty much all the time. hysterical He's a god damn troll, one of the worst in KMC's history. And you and Bran pick NOW to call him on his BS and realize he's an idiot? crylaugh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
On purpose? He's NORMALLY this dumb. This is how he posts and acts pretty much all the time. hysterical He's a god damn troll, one of the worst in KMC's history. And you and Bran pick NOW to call him on his BS and realize he's an idiot? crylaugh

Co-Signed. Like to the Trillionth power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Slippyfist
Irony?

King Kandy
Quan's okay. I used to hate him but he's gotten better. Now I think that he's probably a little over nvr in debating skills.

123KID
and the only ones who'd be left alive is maybe one or two Guardians. Ganthet and one of the others

half the plain old GLs be dead in a minute or so. and the rest in another couple minutes because it contains named GLs

Val
Originally posted by 123KID
and the only ones who'd be left alive is maybe one or two Guardians. Ganthet and one of the others

half the plain old GLs be dead in a minute or so. and the rest in another couple minutes because it contains named GLs
You didn't really dispute anything I said there but thanks for the post.

123KID
i'm just adding context as has been discussed in this thread
sure the Corps would win but there would hardly be a "Corps" left after the fight

carnage52
am wins ***** slaps galactus across the omniverse.chair

smashyou
laughing out loud

Quanchi is funny.

carnage52
am would rape galactus Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Astner
I liked the IC Monitor better.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

Galan007
lulz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.