Star wars 5th Anniversery 1982

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Just found a 5th anniversery trailer of Star wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZFzekhja4

am i the only one that thinks GL takes the SW films to serously ??

All he had to do is make them show them and forget about them but no he brings them out again and again !!!

queeq
I diagree with you on this release. This was pre-video, and surely pre-DVD. I am sure a lot of people wanted to see it again. I know I did. I was eight when I saw SW for the first time, it was great to see it again when I was 13... Today you get another shot at seeing a film six months later on DVD...
And mind you, after Gone with the Wind, SW was the mostly visited film of all time then. GWTW had several re-releases.

General G
I am pretty sure Star Wars has had more than several.

vintageSW77
nice and retro................

before the dark times

before the PT

Minge
1982 was not pre video. We had VHS in my house then and star wars I am pretty sure had come out on VHS at that time.

coolmovies
I had a VCR then i still got one

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by coolmovies
Just found a 5th anniversery trailer of Star wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZFzekhja4

am i the only one that thinks GL takes the SW films to serously ??

All he had to do is make them show them and forget about them but no he brings them out again and again !!! $$$$$, durh.

vintageSW77
I got SW -ANH on Betamax and i think it has 84 on the inlay so i guess it was out on rental roundabout then
i may be wrong though
Jedi didnt come out on VHS til 85 if i remember correctly

queeq
I rememebr 1984 as well. Maybe that was Europe though.

General G
1984 is a blur...

vintageSW77

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
Regrets much?

queeq
He's trying not to.

vintageSW77
totally
i know someone who has their sons stash of vintage figures up in the old attic ready to sell to the highest bidder
cursed net
now eveyone is wise to the value of old Yak face

queeq
Lucky for you.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by queeq
I diagree with you on this release. This was pre-video, and surely pre-DVD. I am sure a lot of people wanted to see it again. I know I did. I was eight when I saw SW for the first time, it was great to see it again when I was 13... Today you get another shot at seeing a film six months later on DVD...
And mind you, after Gone with the Wind, SW was the mostly visited film of all time then. GWTW had several re-releases.

I agree with queeq.the fact that it was was even pre video back then star wars fans were grateful and excited to see them brought back.I know this from talks with my older brother.I myself am grateful they re rereleased them and brought them back because that was the only way I got to see star wars and empire strikes back on the big screen before they made the special edition re release 20 years later because I was 7 years old in 82 and I remember how seeing those movies on the big screen was like the most magical movie experince in my life.I still dont think any other movie has ever measured up to that magical day I experienced as a kid at the movie theaters.

thanks so much for posting that for us,brings back a lot of fond childhood memorys for me. smile

queeq
Wow... wonderful post. I feel the same way.

I have only a few great movie memories. Seeing Sw for the first time in 1977 is one of them, seeing Empire in 1980 another, seeing them both n 1982 another, as well as seeing the restored Lawrence of Arabia on 70mm in a Paris theater.

vintageSW77
nothing happen in 83 for you then Queeq ?

my first great movie memory was the rerelease of Planet Of The Apes roundabout 75
then of course SW,ESB and Jedi first time round
CE3k inbetween and probably Jurrassic Park too afterwards
recently not so many
i remember the memories of the buzz of TPM before the scroll started followed by the crushing disapointment and just plain disbelief at what was happening on screen

General G
Hmm...

The Crow sticks out
The first time I saw the OT really sticks out obviously
And the Godfather

Mr Parker
Originally posted by queeq
Wow... wonderful post. I feel the same way.

I have only a few great movie memories. Seeing Sw for the first time in 1977 is one of them, seeing Empire in 1980 another, seeing them both n 1982 another, as well as seeing the restored Lawrence of Arabia on 70mm in a Paris theater.

thanks. smile wow just like my older brother you were so lucky to have been old enough to see star wars and empire strikes back when they were first released.Wish I was around at that time.My older brother and his best friend would always ride their bikes down the street to the theaters when star wars first came out in 77 and stayed in the theaters for over a year.he said he saw it like over 20 times in the theaters.I would have done the same thing.He said in 80 when Empire came out,that there were lines that were blocks long for that movie,something he had never ever experienced before when a movie came out or ever did since then either except for jedi of course.Do YOU remember seeing lines blocks long?

coolmovies
I was born in 82 so i didnt see any of them till they where on tv

queeq
In my country SW wasn't that big at that time. So no. I could go whenever I wanted.

Originally posted by vintageSW77
nothing happen in 83 for you then Queeq ?

Well sure. But then there were Ewoks...

But I was talking BIG cinema experiences. There was also seeing Birth of a Nation in a packed theater without sound, seeing Intolerance and City LIghts with a live orchestra. For some reason I don't recall ROTJ being that big in my experience. It was a nice closing moment of the trilogy.

vintageSW77
I loved seeing ROTJ at the flicks but i was 15 and being forcefully weened off SW
i think it was more to do with peer pressure than what i really thought of SW.. i was always a fan.....**** em

I forgot SUPERMAN the movie
that was a thrill
i remember being there in the cinema
a small town oldham lad getting exited by skyscrapers and city skylines at night
carried on from KING KONG 1976 i think
if you grew up with a city skyline from your bedroom window i envy you
maybe thats why i love the Coruscant scenes so much
childhood memories of big city skylines

sadly now tainted by true evil

whoah bit deep there
the drink

so
anyone getting any Star Wars Xmas gifts?
or have a fave past xmas Star wars gift?

should we open a new topic?

and because SW Archives killed off the unusual OTthread how about lifting the pics and posting em here and discussing the coolness,background and thoughts of said images??
because whilst that site comes up with the goods boy is it DULL!!!
its a thought
im up for it

vintageSW77
i missed the 15 mins deadline

continued-

i could ask questions about the pic on my sig
the who, why ,where and when
something the SWA never do
they post the pics and.....................................thats it

this is my fave SW forum on the net
we were once them(as someone from here posted on there ) and now the SW Archives are us
"ooh ive got a few Official Pix images and a few Gary Kurtz images that were widely available on the net pre 99"
well good for you
so did KMC
you dont own SW
and neither do we
Darth Neo i salute you
you have some genuine gob smacking OT pics on there
but we are going to have your pics and disect them
apart from the so called "rare" pics which have appeared everywhere from tazos to toilet paper contributed by your less well informed members

anyone with me ?
itll kill time till the Clone Wars and Live Tv show

begun the OT rare pics war has

so anyone know the script behind my Boba pic??

Mr Parker
so do YOU remember the lines being blocks long at the theaters when empire came out in your country queeq?

vintageSW77
personally i remeber queing for SW the third time i saw it but i never qued up for ESB as i recall

SW stands out
from the free window sticker to the cigar advert featuring the robot beforehand where the crowd thought the movie started and hearing the groans when the realised theyd been had

queeq
My first guess about the Boba sig is that it is a costume fitting before it's painted,

Then again, maybe Boba was originally mean to be all white.

vintageSW77
yeah i recall seeing images of Boba in white
its a good look
i always disliked the colours of the orig fett
particularly on the original Kenner figure

there are disagreements on the net regarding these
are they 70s - 80s pics or the new?
I recall seeing the middle pic a loooooooooooong time ago
maybe im mistaken
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/cylob47/anhpromo011bd2.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/cylob47/anhpromo025lg5.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r189/cylob47/anhpromo026jd6.jpg

queeq
Looks OT to me... but then, What do I know.

The clue is maybe the helmet... it looks a little off. And I recall the ROTS people saying the original Vader helmet was not even on the left and right side.

But another remark: look at the boots.... They are very odd.... Maybe it's fake.

coolmovies
I have those boots too !!!!!!!!!!

queeq
Now I know it's fake. wink

General G
Never would have noticed the boots if you wouldn't have mentioned them. It looks newer to me, just the lightsaber looks new.

queeq
It's all in the details, G.

vintageSW77
you can see a faint starwars.com logo on the bottom left

queeq
So? What does that prove?

vintageSW77
i dunno why anyone would want to fake a set of retro Vader images seein as the movies are done and he aint coming back
maybe they are official pix for signings
they are similar in image to the pics from the photo session featured on the back of the Scholastic 1977 making of book
but what do i know as well
i do know they are not promo ROTS images

General G
Damn, there goes my theory...

queeq
You had a theory?

Well, maybe you're right, V77. I was trying to find pics of Vader's boots. They look rather odd.

General G
My theory was based on the lightsaber.

queeq
Doesn't it hang upside down on his belt?

General G
Sometimes. Not when is use.

queeq
I'd say it's not on his belt then...

General G
Exactly?

queeq
When he's using it, it wouldn't be on his belt, right?

General G
Thats what I said.

queeq
*sigh*

General G
Tired much?

queeq
Of you?

Well whadda ya think, is the sabre upside down on his belt or not?

General G
No, it is not upside down, that lightsaber I have, it is Darth Vader's and it is right side up. The blade would go towards his face if activates.

And you are getting repetitive with you closing quotes.

queeq
On the picture posted earlier.... You really have to have your motivators checked...

General G
On the picture posted earlier...the lightsaber is not upside down.

queeq
Okay that was my question. It's rather odd to have the blade side pointing up.

General G
I knew that was your question...and so I had already answered it...in the previous post...

Yes, I would think so, proof of lack of caring? Therefore not real?

queeq
Well, maybe.

General G
Nice costume if it is.

queeq
It is.

General G
Minor details, maybe GL didn't bother with it?

queeq
GL and not bothered by minor details? I doubt it.

General G
hehehe

queeq
Metallic laugh... *shudder*

General G
Normal laugh!

queeq
For you maybe.

General G
For all but you!

queeq
Who else is there?

General G
Oh, many.

queeq
Like?

General G
You can't see them?

queeq
Quite off topic by now.
CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.