Fabio Capello: New England Manager

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos

Shadow_King
Why did they appoint a foreign manager and not an english manager?

Bicnarok

Discos
yup shame for Becks, think he is only 1 cap away from 100. nightmare

The FA didnt want a repeat of the Mclaren era with an Englishman, The only real englishmen who they would look at would be Harry Redknapp, but when you have high profile names such as Mourinho and Capello, the englishmen wont get a shout in.

Deano
fabio will whip em into shape. the lads will look up to him. he is a winner

Bicnarok

Victor Von Doom
Well, looks like Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Rooney and co's gravy train has reached their stop.

Bicnarok

Discos
Heard he had his official introduction today, spoke a few words in English.

Bassically said he wanted to take England to the top, where they belong.

Starting english lessons and by the end of a month of that he says he should have mastered it....ok doke.

Victor Von Doom
He can speak English now, though, just not amazingly well.

Discos
yeah thats why I said master it, doubt he will get many words right in interviews.

Discos - *sigh* another thing for the media to niggle on.

Victor Von Doom
I reckon he'll manage it.

Won't take him long to surpass Joe Cole- probably did it first lesson.

chillmeistergen
From what I've heard he's never managed an international team, I wonder what he's going to make of the premiership managers not allowing players to attend international training sessions? Also, he can speak very little English - there's very Little you can get across using diagrams alone.

Discos
He won't take any sheet thats for sure.

In the end I think he will get sick of the arrogance of the English team, and then quit...

...this would be about 3 years down the line tho

jaden101
i think he'll realise what a poor pool of players he has to work with...wont win anything...will get hounded out of the job by the frenzied media and then launch a scathing attack on English football and perhaps make a tiny dent in the mentallity of "England deserve to win" that pervades the media and thus the public

Discos
a dent? they need to swing a sledgehammer at it.

Fair doos they won the world cup on home soil....so did France but at least they showed it wasnt a fluke and won the Euro's the following 2 years later.

I thought England was back on track to get another home tournament win at Euro 96....but the semis was it for them, great run though....great team too.

Bicnarok
England have a built in "bottle it" thing in almost every team, I wonder why? and can Capello get rid of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.