Sentry movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scuzz
could there ever be a sentry movie?

i think it could be great, but what do you think?

SnakeEyes
He's not nearly popular/known enough for the film to do well, therefore I don't think they'd do it anytime soon.

The average person would just think "Man, this is a ripoff of Superman."

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
He's not nearly popular/known enough for the film to do well, therefore I don't think they'd do it anytime soon.

The average person would just think "Man, this is a ripoff of Superman."

QFT.

Scoobless
Sentry is nowhere near interesting enough for a movie.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless
Sentry is nowhere near interesting enough for a movie.

confused

He is about a million times more interesting then Superman.

llagrok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
confused

A million, eh?

shifty

Nod
confused

No. Hes really not.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Nod
No. Hes really not.

Yes. He really is.

Doctor-Alvis
I think so too.

Nod
Yes. He really is.

1000s of others disagree.

endrict
HELL NO!!!!

Estacado
No thanks.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Nod
1000s of others disagree.

And 1000's of others agree.

Honestly, what are you, four? People have different opinions.

Nod
Originally posted by H. S. 6
And 1000's of others agree.

Honestly, what are you, four? People have different opinions.

Do we really want to compare Sentry fans and Superman fans.

You missed the point and get on the defensive. How sad. sad

srankmissingnin
You think a flawless boy scout makes for more interesting stories then a deeply flawed, agoraphobic, schizophrenic "superman" with the powers of a god? Superman is perfect, Sentry isn't even close, he is a much more "human" character, and it makes for much more interesting stories. Sure Superman has a much larger fanbase but he isn't a more interesting character... not even close.

Nod
You think a flawless boy scout makes for more interesting stories then a deeply flawed, agoraphobic, schizophrenic "superman" with the powers of a god? Superman is perfect, Sentry isn't even close, he is a much more "human" character, and it makes for much more interesting stories. Sure Superman has a much larger fanbase but he isn't a more interesting character... not even close.

If the writers hadn't done a bad job for the last couple of years that might be true.

He has his moments but I haven't ever found him to be constantly interesting.

roughrider
He wouldn't be that interesting on his own. In an Avengers movie - perhaps.

KK the Great
Originally posted by roughrider
He wouldn't be that interesting on his own. In an Avengers movie - perhaps.

That's the exact opposite of how I see it.

Sentry would have no place whatsoever in an Avengers movie, but the basic idea of the character is fairly cinematic. He'd almost work better in a movie than he does in mainstream Marvel comics.

WrathfulDwarf
Ummm...why is Sentry compare to Superman? One is the icon the other is a cheap rip-off.

scuzz
Sentry is not a rip-off of superman! he can fly! he is strong! he is invulnerable!

but he is so much more than that!

xtreme telepath!
hard light projections!
energy projection!

at least!!!

there personalities are nothin alike!

supermans a punk! in todays world a sentry movie would destroy a supes movie!

nobody wants to hear about a perfect guy with perfect powers, a perfect job, a perfect girl and pretty much a perfect life!!! what does he have to overcome? he's an out of date character and has no place in the world!

overall i think he is pathetic, and i mean know offence here, so is any one who thinks he is the greatest character ever!

P.S i dont even really like the sentry that much, but compared to superman..........

super pr*xy
you know how sentry will become famous? a movie about him. look at blade... he was only a 3rd tier character in spiderman.

roughrider
You think a flawless boy scout makes for more interesting stories then a deeply flawed, agoraphobic, schizophrenic "superman" with the powers of a god? Superman is perfect, Sentry isn't even close, he is a much more "human" character, and it makes for much more interesting stories. Sure Superman has a much larger fanbase but he isn't a more interesting character... not even close. [/QUOTE

Superman has the Jesus Christ appeal, like the Silver Surfer does at Marvel. That's why people respond to him so strongly, and his movies are full of that subtext. His goodness has to be the opposite pole from Batman, who pursues justice but is the angry everyman rather than saviour. Marvel has already perfected the flawed superhuman who tries his best and always wonders if it's enough - Spider Man.
Sentry needs other heroes to work of like the Avengers, in particular Captain America, as he is another example of attempts to recreate the super soldier serum but with unstable results.
That's just the approach I prefer.

endrict
They can have Spider-Man on promos and advertisement. All he has to do is mention it in a few comics and fans would believe him.

MattDay
lol he has to be a scotsman... always a wanker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.