Iceman vs Animal Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
omega mutant v the Red.

thoughts? smile

Sarutobi700
Iceman takes this with relative ease

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonidas
omega mutant v the Red.

thoughts? smile

Joke?

leonidas
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Joke?

maybe . . . let's wait and see. smile

JediSamuraiMRB
Easily Bobby

DigiMark007
What's with the Animal Man hate? Didn't he stalemate Supes for a while?

guy222
bobby

leonidas
hmm, i was looking for a little creativity -- after AM is able to assume the abilities of any animal in the UNIVERSE . . . shifty

Gecko4lif
sun eater ftw.

Entity
Bobby owns AM a new one!

Avlon
AM pulls Bobby off panel ftw!

And yes..AM has done this before...

iceman24567
Originally posted by Avlon
AM pulls Bobby off panel ftw!

And yes..AM has done this before... Yes he has broken threw the fourth wall but Lobo pwns him in that category.

Symmetric Chaos
hmm, i was looking for a little creativity -- after AM is able to assume the abilities of any animal in the UNIVERSE . . . shifty

SunEater?

xmarksthespot
hmm, i was looking for a little creativity -- after AM is able to assume the abilities of any animal in the UNIVERSE . . . shifty Polar Bear?

Gecko4lif
Are martains considered animals?

tjcoady
Animal Man takes that punk fool kid DOWN. Hella down.

Why? Cause Animal Man is sooo cool.

DigiMark007
It's an interesting distinction they make for "animal". We're animals, strictly speaking. For example, we enjoy making labels like "monkeys and apes", which we separate from "humans". But we're far closer genetically to apes than, say, baboons or monkeys. We are apes...just a specialized breed of them. Thinking in evolutionary terms, you don't have to go back terribly far to find our common ancestor.

So AM should be able to pull from literally anyone in the DCU. He doesn't, of course, but that's strictly for balancing reasons (and quite likely his creator's lack of scientific knowledge)

iceman24567
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's an interesting distinction they make for "animal". We're animals, strictly speaking. For example, we enjoy making labels like "monkeys and apes", which we separate from "humans". But we're far closer genetically to apes than, say, baboons or monkeys. We are apes...just a specialized breed of them. Thinking in evolutionary terms, you don't have to go back terribly far to find our common ancestor.

So AM should be able to pull from literally anyone in the DCU. He doesn't, of course, but that's strictly for balancing reasons (and quite likely his creator's lack of scientific knowledge) My question is would he have the powers of superhuman beings or just their natural attributes?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by iceman24567
My question is would he have the powers of superhuman beings or just their natural attributes?

Beats me. Depends on exactly how his powers work. I'm not really enough of a fan to know much about him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Beats me. Depends on exactly how his powers work. I'm not really enough of a fan to know much about him. Okie dokie im not curious enough to look it up sad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by iceman24567
My question is would he have the powers of superhuman beings or just their natural attributes?

Their powers. Vixen taps into the Red to take powers from people around her right?

leonidas
SunEater?

well, one of them IS part of superman's 'zoo', isn't it . . .? smile

i like x's answer too though -- a polar bear would probably tear bobby a new one.

i WAS wondering about where the distinction between 'animal' and 'being' was though. i like AM but i'm not familiar enough with him to know if he's copied powers from anything that might more closely resemble a 'humanoid' than an animal.

i also thought there was a creature out there that possessed intangibility that he could copy, or some kind of creature with 'dark forcesque' powers. i SEEM to recall something like that but i may be mistaken.

Symmetric Chaos
well, one of them IS part of superman's 'zoo', isn't it . . .? smile

i like x's answer too though -- a polar bear would probably tear bobby a new one.

i WAS wondering about where the distinction between 'animal' and 'being' was though. i like AM but i'm not familiar enough with him to know if he's copied powers from anything that might more closely resemble a 'humanoid' than an animal.

i also thought there was a creature out there that possessed intangibility that he could copy, or some kind of creature with 'dark forcesque' powers. i SEEM to recall something like that but i may be mistaken.

I assume humanoid form is what stops it.

I know sentience doesn't because he copied the powers from a SpaceDolphin in 52 and looking like an animal isn't required either because copied the SunEater's navigational sense (also in 52)

leonidas
I assume humanoid form is what stops it.

I know sentience doesn't because he copied the powers from a SpaceDolphin in 52 and looking like an animal isn't required either because copied the SunEater's navigational sense (also in 52)

you're likely right about the 'humanoid' bit. but what defines humanoid? physically and genetically, the great apes are very similar to 'humanoids'. as you've said, sentience is not a limit. so . . . what is the defining characteristic? there must be a boundary that AM cannot cross. that boundary was sort of what i was looking for and i was just curious if someone more familiar with AM could offer some info in the area. the idea behind the thread was to learn a little more about AM's limits. i knew about the sun-eater and that alone would ensure this was NOT a spite thread, but i was curious if there were OTHER characteristics he had copied in the past that would make this interesting. i've always liked AM but have never clearly understood his limits.

btw -- i don't think i ever told you but you have my favourite forum user name. i'm a huge fan of irony. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.