IGN's Top 100 Games of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
http://top100.ign.com/2007/

There is never a definitive list since everyone has a different preference, but these things are always fun to read.

Discuss!

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
http://top100.ign.com/2007/

There is never a definitive list since everyone has a different preference, but these things are always fun to read.

Discuss!

that list is very much shit...I disagreed with many of the placements AND the games selected for that list..

WOW was really far down on the list and it is one of the most played games of all time.

They chose a few shit games.

Outbound
Fairly crap and predictable.

Violent2Dope
I agree, I can understand a few placings there, but many games were crap.

Barker
Where's the Pokemon Snap on that list? uhuh

BackFire
Good to see Final Fantasy VI in the top 10.

Otherwise, pretty blah list.

Menetnashté
BS list. Who's the genius who put almost every single mario game on there? Super Mario 3 doesn't even deserve mention it was the worst one I've ever played. And they place games like Silent hill at the bottom. Also have no clue as to why MGS 3 wasn't placed in the list. One of the more creative games and definitely better than its predecessor Sons of Liberty. Which managed to beat WoW. I was unimpressed that over half of the game choices were on Super Nintendo and other old consoles. Half the games no one had ever heard of before erm

Smasandian
Super Mario 3 the worst?

Yesh.....out of all the games somebody can mentioned I though Super Mario 3 was one of the untouchables on the list.

Lana
Woohoo at Dragon Warrior being #29 - that game is the first game that I can remember ever playing and it's always going to place at one of the best games made for me.

Anyway...I've seen worse lists, really.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by dadudemon
that list is very much shit...I disagreed with many of the placements AND the games selected for that list..

WOW was really far down on the list and it is one of the most played games of all time.

They chose a few shit games.

WoW also happens to be nothing more then a completely generic MMORPG. There is nothing in it that makes it honestly different, much like HALO.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Smasandian
Super Mario 3 the worst?

Yesh.....out of all the games somebody can mentioned I though Super Mario 3 was one of the untouchables on the list.

SMB3 Should be in the top 5.

grey fox
It's good to see Ocarina isn't #1 again. That game is over-rated like anything.

Ushgarak
Hmm... there's just some way in which that list is simply not at all interesting.

I have a feeling they weren't very motivated to make it.

Which in turn is probably a problem you get when a website where each platform has its own editorial staff- who do not necessarily get on with the staff of other platforms- have to try and make a cross-platform list like that.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah some games did not deserve to be on there, Megaman powered up, Megaman 3, Timesplitters 2 or 3 should have been on the list.

Soljer
Secret of Mana!
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time!
Planescape: Torment!
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time!
Deus Ex!
Half Life 1/2!
System Shock 2!
Chrono Trigger!
Super Mario Bros/World/64!
Starcraft!
Final Fantasy VI/VII!

All is well.

Impediment
Not the worst list I've seen, but definitely not the best.

ragesRemorse
Tetris is number 2? I understand why EVERY god damn list ransk mario at number 1, even though i highly disagree with it...,but tetris?

Smasandian
In my opinion, Tetris is probably the most popular game out there, and its flawless puzzle game.

If it wasnt for Tetris, we might not of had the GBA, DS, or PSP.

Impediment
Tetris is a timeless game, IMO.

It very well deserves it's spot in the top 10.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian

If it wasnt for Tetris, we might not of had the GBA, DS, or PSP.

fine by me wink

I get where your coming from though...,but number 2 ?

Smasandian
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
fine by me wink

I get where your coming from though...,but number 2 ?

I equate that as personal opinion when it comes down to finalizing the top 10.

But I agree that it has to be in the top 10. It is a very, very good game.

grey fox
Tetris deseves number #2 simply on the merit that everyone enjoys it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
WoW also happens to be nothing more then a completely generic MMORPG. There is nothing in it that makes it honestly different, much like HALO.

I HATE...I repeat...HATE MMORPGs...I never played WoW and I never will...however...when MILLIONS of people get online to play WoW every month...the game obviously has something going for itself...come on...middle aged and old people play this game like it was their second job...babies are almost dying of neglect because of this game...it obviously belongs a lot further on THAT list as compared to other games...I would say that some of the games on THAT list were never played by a majority of gamers out there today...(Though the list wasn't made for gamers of today....that much was clear...)

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by grey fox
Tetris deseves number #2 simply on the merit that everyone enjoys it.

I hate Tetris, can't stand the game, I just like the music from the Nes version.

Spidervlad
Whoever puts Mike Tyson's Punch Out on the list, and doesn't put Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion on the list needs mental help.

It really looks like they just googles past hit games and put them on there...

Neo Darkhalen
Punch out was a good game, a damn good game, but so was Oblivion.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Whoever puts Mike Tyson's Punch Out on the list, and doesn't put Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion on the list needs mental help.

It really looks like they just googles past hit games and put them on there...

Punch Out was a great game. A classic.

Why wouldnt it be on the top 100 games of all time. I would put it there.

It could be considered to be one of the first real sport games. It's awesome.

((The_Anomaly))
The problem is that doing a top 100 games of all time leaves so much up for interpreting and opinion. How do you decide what game takes the say...23rd spot? Near impossible. A top 10 list of games is doable (to a good degree of accuracy) but 100 is pointless. Needless to say OoT should have been #1 and Mario Bros should have been #2. They are the obvious 2 choices, everything after that is much harder.

Smasandian
I dont think those two are obvious either.

I do agree that an 100 top list is pointless.

I rather have 90 games that they consider the best, and then a top 10 list for the best games of all time.

Old-Wizard.com
I have my own list:

www.Old-Wizard.com/Top100.htm

Neo Darkhalen
Your link is not working. sad

Old-Wizard.com
sorry...

www.old-wizard.com/top100.htm

Neo Darkhalen
Thank you very much.

BTW MM 3 best music came from Sparkman and magnetman.

Wow I had most of the games, I will admit I think some games are far to low down, but still that is one great list better then the other one.

Timesplitters and Megaman Powered up have to make someones list, even if it is not yours or theres, still that list is way better and precise then the other.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Thank you very much.

BTW MM 3 best music came from Sparkman and magnetman.

Wow I had most of the games, I will admit I think some games are far to low down, but still that is one great list better then the other one.

Timesplitters and Megaman Powered up have to make someones list, even if it is not yours or theres, still that list is way better and precise then the other.

Thanks more to come next week...

Neo Darkhalen
Cool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.