Who really wone: Yoda vs Sidious"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Great Galen
Who really won this fight?

Rogue Jedi
It was a draw. had it remained a saber duel, Yoda would have won.

Blax_Hydralisk
Yoda should have won, as he was superior. he lost because of circumstances he couldn't control.

But anyway yeah Yoda had actually succeeded in disarming Sideous, and he was winning the force fight to but he fell off.

queeq
Yoda fled... so he lost.

Rogue Jedi
live to fight another day, man. he didnt lose, he just chose to fight another day.

fascistcrusader
live to fight another day, man. he didnt lose, he just chose to fight another day

fascistcrusader
live to fight another day, man. he didnt lose, he just chose to fight another day

You don't need to run to fight another day if you aren't losing. wink

Rogue Jedi
felt the need to tell me that twice, did you?

fascistcrusader
Actually I have no idea why the first post is there, it must be an error, seeing as how its incomplete.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by fascistcrusader

You don't need to run to fight another day if you aren't losing. wink

Depends, losgng is relative.

Yoda would have beaten Sideous, he was actually beating him the entire match, but he would have lost against the clone troopers that came to his rescue.

fascistcrusader
Yoda would have beaten Sideous, he was actually beating him the entire match, but he would have lost against the clone troopers that came to his rescue.

It seemed to me it was on equal ters and then Sisious gained the upper hand after it went to a force fight. And if Yoda could penetrate the Jedi temple and defeat Sidious no problem, no amount of clones could stop him.

He just lost to Sidious, plain and simple.

Rogue Jedi

It seemed to me it was on equal ters and then Sisious gained the upper hand after it went to a force fight. And if Yoda could penetrate the Jedi temple and defeat Sidious no problem, no amount of clones could stop him.

He just lost to Sidious, plain and simple. sure, an entire company of clones would have no chance against Yoda. sure. lets go with that.

Blax_Hydralisk

It "seemed" doesn't mean anything, really. You can see it plainly from he battle. They were in the force battle and at first Sideous seemed to win, then Yoda got pissed and forced the lightning back, you can even see Sideous starting to lean back from the power, and then it exploded. Yoda, being smaller, lighter, and mroe on the edge, simpyl fell off while Sideous got lucky and managed to grab on to a handhold. At that point it was over.

You are a fool. Yoda, without a lightsaber, can't fight Sideous AND an ARMY of Clone Troopers at the same time. No one can, except for Luke "I make planets invisible with the force" Skywalker.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
It "seemed" doesn't mean anything, really. You can see it plainly from he battle. They were in the force battle and at first Sideous seemed to win, then Yoda got pissed and forced the lightning back, you can even see Sideous starting to lean back from the power, and then it exploded. Yoda, being smaller, lighter, and mroe on the edge, simpyl fell off while Sideous got lucky and managed to grab on to a handhold. At that point it was over.

You are a fool. Yoda, without a lightsaber, can't fight Sideous AND an ARMY of Clone Troopers at the same time. No one can, except for Luke "I make planets invisible with the force" Skywalker. exactly and.......exactly. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
As my brother says about this kind of thing- saying someone 'should' have won is a bit like saying that the Texans 'should' have won at the Alamo, Doesn't change the fact they lost, which kinda wraps up the thread regardless of any other consideration.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As my brother says about this kind of thing- saying someone 'should' have won is a bit like saying that the Texans 'should' have won at the Alamo, Doesn't change the fact they lost, which kinda wraps up the thread regardless of any other consideration. piss poor analogy, the texans were far outnumbered at the alamo.

Furion
Yoda won. If Sidious hadn't got lucky and held on, Old man woulda broke his back.

fascistcrusader

Yoda was below Sidious the entire fight, if he was winning then him falling to the floor would mean nothing. Sidious was winning and did win the fight in the end.

You are a fool. Yoda, without a lightsaber, can't fight Sideous AND an ARMY of Clone Troopers at the same time. No one can, except for Luke "I make planets invisible with the force" Skywalker.

Yoda throws around armies of the CIS like nothing, and was the most powerful Jedi in history. If he was doing so well against Sids like you think, it wouldn't be very difficult for him to just force throw them to their deaths.

Rogue Jedi
you really are clueless as to a Jedi and the limitations of their powers.

queeq
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
live to fight another day, man. he didnt lose, he just chose to fight another day.

There never was another day. So he fled, he ran, with his tail between his legs. And he admitted it himself: "Failed have I", ergo, he lost.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by queeq
There never was another day. So he fled, he ran, with his tail between his legs. And he admitted it himself: "Failed have I", ergo, he lost. there was indeed another day. he knew that troopers were on the way and he stood little or no chance against sidious AND a large contingent of troopers.

I always felt that when he said "failed I have", he meant in the broad scheme of things, not just failing to kill sidious. Yoda had made several mistakes and was seing the severity of his error in judgement.

Nod
Yoda should have won, as he was superior. he lost because of circumstances he couldn't control.

But anyway yeah Yoda had actually succeeded in disarming Sideous, and he was winning the force fight to but he fell off.

Damn right.

No one beats Yoda.

fascistcrusader
there was indeed another day. he knew that troopers were on the way and he stood little or no chance against sidious AND a large contingent of troopers.

Since when does a small squad on a hover platform count as a large contingent of troopers? And prove Yoda even knew they were coming. Just face the facts, Yoda lost because he just couldn't beat Sidious.

Antaeus
It was a draw, but is seems that Yoda was more powerful compare to Sidious - it was clear that Yoda had a little bit more power than Sidious.

The problem was that they fight at a place were Yoda had to win fast - Sidious was at his "home place" and could get a lot of help if Yoda didn't finish him off fast.

And yes - Yoda failed - He should have killed Sidious. But he did not loose the fight against Sidious - that is ridiculous.

truejedi
been discussing this forever in the versus forum... (under anakin vs. sidious, as weird as that seems. Isn't that kinda where this thread should be?)

Gideon
The novelization concludes that Palpatine wiped his ass with Yoda, the screenplay indicates that the Jedi Master was making the Sith Lord his *****, and the movie displays a parity between the two.

So, would one of you kindly tell me where Yoda (or Sidious) for that matter was "winning" outside of temporary advantages over the other?

Ushgarak
piss poor analogy, the texans were far outnumbered at the alamo.

Piss poor analysis, even if you were right about the odds being unreasonable, which they were not for a siege.

That's not the point of the comment, the point of the comment is that just because there is a mystique behind them doesn;t alter the fact that they lost. No matter how much you like them, nothing can change that. As it is here.

'But he fell off' used as a means to say Yoda should have won is insane talk. That's a bit like saying 'Agassi would have won that match if he had not fallen over and missed the shot'. Yeah, but he DID fall over when his opponent didn't, and that's a valid loss. It wasn;t bad luck or unavoidable circumstance. He messed up, much as you might mess up by failing to block your opponent's strike. And that pressure was caused by Palpatine.

Not that I am convinced by all this talk of Yoda's superiority anyway. Certainly didn't look that way to me. I am afraid most of this argument is inane. It's clear on-screen- Yoda failed and had to flee.

As far as a movie thread like this is concerned, there is only one answer- Sidious did. That's a canon fact. If you want to debate things in theory, go to the versus forum.

If this continues like a versus thread I will close.

Rogue Jedi
all I am standing by is that if it had remained a saber duel, Yoda would have won.

Gideon
all I am standing by is that if it had remained a saber duel, Yoda would have won.

It's arguable. There isn't any real proof supporting the theory that Yoda is superior to Palpatine in lightsaber combat, or even that he disarmed the Dark Lord. I, for one, have a hard time believing that -- if Yoda truly outmaneuvered and relieved the Emperor from his lightsaber -- that the Sith Lord could have escaped a still fully armed Yoda in close quarters combat and made it half-way across the Senate rotunda before Yoda chose to follow.

Edit: As far as these ominous clone troopers are concerned, I would also like to challenge anyone to provide a shred of proof that they were, as you say, "on the way". Palpatine certainly had no time to summon them for assistance, and Mas Amedda didn't leave the Emperor's office in any immediate hurry. The novelization, for one, debunks the idea, proclaiming that Palpatine summoned the troopers only after Yoda had departed.

Antaeus
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Piss poor analysis, even if you were right about the odds being unreasonable, which they were not for a siege.

That's not the point of the comment, the point of the comment is that just because there is a mystique behind them doesn;t alter the fact that they lost. No matter how much you like them, nothing can change that. As it is here.

'But he fell off' used as a means to say Yoda should have won is insane talk. That's a bit like saying 'Agassi would have won that match if he had not fallen over and missed the shot'. Yeah, but he DID fall over when his opponent didn't, and that's a valid loss. It wasn;t bad luck or unavoidable circumstance. He messed up, much as you might mess up by failing to block your opponent's strike. And that pressure was caused by Palpatine.

Not that I am convinced by all this talk of Yoda's superiority anyway. Certainly didn't look that way to me. I am afraid most of this argument is inane. It's clear on-screen- Yoda failed and had to flee.

As far as a movie thread like this is concerned, there is only one answer- Sidious did. That's a canon fact . If you want to debate things in theory, go to the versus forum.

If this continues like a versus thread I will close.

This is bullshit.
The fact is that it was a draw.
We see differently how they managed in the fight and what would have happen if the fight has continued.
In my eyes it seems that Yoda was stronger compare to Sidious, but the fight ended as a draw.

Sesse
Originally posted by Antaeus
This is bullshit.
We see differently how they managed in the fight and what would have happen if the fight has continued.
In my eyes it seems that Yoda was stronger compare to Sidious, but the fight ended as a draw.

Thats like saying the Vietnam war was a draw.

Why did Yoda enter the fight?
Why did Sidious fight against Yoda?

In the end, did Sidious get what he wanted?
What about Yoda?

fascistcrusader
This is bullshit.

No, the fact according to G canon is that Yoda got owned and lost the battle.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sesse
Thats like saying the Vietnam war was a draw. If the US armed forces had been allowed to just go in there and wipe out the VC, the VC would have been pwned. The US soldiers had their hands tied it seems. My boss is a vietnam vet and goes on about this all the time, how politics played too big a part, how the US soldiers had too many BS rules to go by. the VC were better fighters, but the US forces far outnumbered them. BTW: I am no expert on the vietnam war, I am just going on what vets have told me, the guys who were there fighting the war.

To kill Sidious, to bring an end to the Sith uprising.

He was forced to, he didnt want to.

Yes and no. He survived, but so did Yoda.

Nope.

Antaeus
This is bullshit.

No, the fact according to G canon is that Yoda got owned and lost the battle.

I do not know any G canon.
But I do know the movies - and in this forum we discuss what was shown in the movies (correct?).
If anything else is claimed in some canon Lucas made a very bad job showing it in the movie.

None of the fighters did win the fight (or exploited his advantage) - then it is a draw.
When none of fighters did win then everything will continue as it was - Sidious got the Universe in his hand. Sidious got what he wanted except that he also would like to kill Yoda - he just didn't have the strength to do it - and Yoda didn't have the strength to kill Sidious - it was a draw.

Antaeus
Double post

Antaeus
Originally posted by Sesse
Thats like saying the Vietnam war was a draw.

Why did Yoda enter the fight?
Why did Sidious fight against Yoda?

In the end, did Sidious get what he wanted?
What about Yoda?

Example of your logic:
Soccer World championship:
Last match in a group of four:
Finland against Denmark
Finland has to win to make it to the next round.
Denmark has to play 1-1.

The match ended 1-1
Did Denmark win? - No
Did Denmark get what they wanted? - Yes, but they did still not win. It is still a draw.
Finland got a draw too - but they did not achieved what they wanted.

Gideon
Vietnam is an excellent analogy; the "conflict" ended in a stalemate. While they didn't repel the invasion, the United States made no real decisive gains that would constitute a victory and subsequently withdrew when the problem proved too costly. Ergo, the fighting ended in a stalemate, but in an actual realization of goals: Vietnam came out ahead. Same with Sidious.

fascistcrusader
But I do know the movies - and in this forum we discuss what was shown in the movies (correct?).
If anything else is claimed in some canon Lucas made a very bad job showing it in the movie

G canon is the films and film novelizations. According to them Yoda was bested by Sidious. There was no draw, only victory for the Sith.

Rogue Jedi
If anything else is claimed in some canon Lucas made a very bad job showing it in the movie

G canon is the films and film novelizations. According to them Yoda was bested by Sidious. There was no draw, only victory for the Sith. bullshit.

fascistcrusader
bullshit.

You wishing it were not so doesn't change reality, my friend.

Rogue Jedi
It's not me wishing it, it's the cold hard facts. The duel was at a stalemate and they were both blown backwards by the force powers they were unleashing on one another. Yoda fell to the ground, Sisious was lucky enough to find a handhold.

did Sidious finish Yoda off? NO. That in itself negates it being a victory.

fascistcrusader
No, but he caused Yoda to flee after besting him. If they had both hit the ground Yoda still would have ran and Sidious still would have been Emperor.

Rogue Jedi
No, but he caused Yoda to flee after besting him. If they had both hit the ground Yoda still would have ran and Sidious still would have been Emperor. Yoda was out of time, he HAD to flee. watch the duel again and you will see that neither is able to gain the advantage. Everything Yoda threw at Sidious was countered, and vice versa.

The fight ended with neither a clear victor. Are you trying to say that Sidious was winning the fight when they BOTH fell from the platform?

fascistcrusader
No, I'm saying that Sidious was winning because he had Yoda on the defensive 90% of the time, and ended up the victor in the end.

Rogue Jedi
on the defensive 90% of the time? were you high when you watched the fight?

So lets say that Yoda was beating the piss outta Sidious. Then they both fell and Yoda fled. Would you count this as a victory for Sidious?

fascistcrusader
It wouldn't be a big margin, but it would still be a victory for Sidious and a loss for Yoda.

The fact though is that Sidious was definitely on top that whole fight, Yoda was just dodging pods most of the time.

Rogue Jedi
It wouldn't be a big margin, but it would still be a victory for Sidious and a loss for Yoda.

The fact though is that Sidious was definitely on top that whole fight, Yoda was just dodging pods most of the time. well, apparently we have different views on what "victory" is.

fascistcrusader
Victory is winning. Ending up on top in the fight, and not running away from your opponent.

Rogue Jedi
Thats a matter of opinion.

fascistcrusader
No, that's the definition of victory. From webster's:

1 : the overcoming of an enemy or antagonist
2 : achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties

Yoda did neither of these things, but Sidious was successful in the struggle, getting what he wanted out of it. Therefore it was a victory for him.

Gideon
Just to clarify, Palpatine did not "dominate" Yoda the entire time. Both of them had moments where they were on the offensive or pressed the advantage, but they didn't last long.

Blax_Hydralisk
Also, Gideon, I was under the impression that the script stated that Yoda had indeed relieved Sideous of his lightsaber. Lightsnake has brought it up a couple of times in debates.

Rogue Jedi
No, that's the definition of victory. From webster's:

1 : the overcoming of an enemy or antagonist
2 : achievement of mastery or success in a struggle or endeavor against odds or difficulties

Yoda did neither of these things, but Sidious was successful in the struggle, getting what he wanted out of it. Therefore it was a victory for him. he wanted yoda DEAD. yoda LIVED. dead and alive are two different things, brainiac.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Gideon
Just to clarify, Palpatine did not "dominate" Yoda the entire time. Both of them had moments where they were on the offensive or pressed the advantage, but they didn't last long. exactly.

queeq
But but but.... who WONE?

Rogue Jedi
quite a post for a moderator.

queeq
Ain't it the truth?!

Gideon
he wanted yoda DEAD. yoda LIVED. dead and alive are two different things, brainiac.

Uh, no. You're confusing Yoda's priorities with Sidious. Yoda's priority: Sidious's death. At any cost. Sidious's priority: Escape. At any cost. As far as goals are concerned, Sidious got his. Period.

The script does. But immediately after, it shows Yoda kicking Sidious's ass -- and then allowing the Dark Lord to escape to a lower pod. It's non canon.

Rogue Jedi
Uh, no. You're confusing Yoda's priorities with Sidious. Yoda's priority: Sidious's death. At any cost. Sidious's priority: Escape. At any cost. As far as goals are concerned, Sidious got his. Period.

yes, all Sidious cared about was escapng. But, once forced into combat, his priorities changed.

Rogue Jedi
mind you, this is just how I interpret it.

Antaeus
Sidious did not win the fight against Yoda - everyone should be able to see that if they watch the fight (and by the way - Anakin, as young Darth Vader, did not defeat Obi-Wan even that he did attack 90% of the time - "90% attack" that is not a valued argument for being better).

If it is claimed that Sidious did win in some canon - Lucas forgot to put it into the movie (it may mean that Sidious achieved what he wanted - he got the Universe in his hand after this fight - but he did still not win the fight).

Sidious got what he wanted except that he didn't have the power to kill Yoda.
If one watch closely it seems that Yoda has a little bit more power when they got their closeup force fights, though not much and not enough to finish Sidious off quickly (at least my opinion).

Judged only from the movie only one result can be claimed: The fight was a DRAW - no way that one can conclude that Sidious did win THE FIGHT.

Rogue Jedi
another interpretation. and one I happen to agree with.

Blax_Hydralisk
The script does. But immediately after, it shows Yoda kicking Sidious's ass -- and then allowing the Dark Lord to escape to a lower pod. It's non canon.

I don't understand why that shows that it is non canon, if I lost my lightsaber I would retreat as well.

Gideon
I don't understand why that shows that it is non canon, if I lost my lightsaber I would retreat as well.

Huh?

No, the script shows Yoda disarming Sidious, pwning him with his own lightning, and vowing that he will "destroy you!" -- only to back off and flee to a pod for no reason:

...Essentially, it's as one-sided as the RotS novelization makes for Sidious.

BAILY
Yoda was the superior swordsman .. but Sidious is a superior Force-power user .. so it depended on what form of combat it was .. Yoda kicked ass during the swordfight but as soon as Sids started shooting Force Lightning at Yoda. . he knew he was screwed and when he fell to the bottom of the Rotunda.. he bolted because he knew , like Obi did during the Mustafar duel, that having the high ground is your ultimate advantage...

Gideon
I disagree. There's no indication that either one of them surpassed the other in any skill; both Sidious and Yoda exchanged central positions on the Chancellor's podium during the duel. In the shot where the podium rises into the Rotunda, we see that Sidious starts off in the middle; Yoda forces him down into Mas Amedda's station for a few strikes before the Sith Lord, in turn, forces him from the central position. The only time that it looks like Sidious is "losing" per se is likely derived from the grunting and facial expressions during his saber lock with Yoda. Objectively speaking however, dominance isn't displayed by either side.

Blax_Hydralisk
Huh?

No, the script shows Yoda disarming Sidious, pwning him with his own lightning, and vowing that he will "destroy you!" -- only to back off and flee to a pod for no reason:

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. That makes much more sense.

Rogue Jedi
I disagree. There's no indication that either one of them surpassed the other in any skill; both Sidious and Yoda exchanged central positions on the Chancellor's podium during the duel. In the shot where the podium rises into the Rotunda, we see that Sidious starts off in the middle; Yoda forces him down into Mas Amedda's station for a few strikes before the Sith Lord, in turn, forces him from the central position. The only time that it looks like Sidious is "losing" per se is likely derived from the grunting and facial expressions during his saber lock with Yoda. Objectively speaking however, dominance isn't displayed by either side. I LOVE that shot, GREAT camerawork.

addicted2flicks
yeah if it was a pure saber duel then YODA would win... Sidious is quite powerful though with his treachery lighting slashes... Saber to Saber YODA will win... big grin

Rogue Jedi
yes Indeed.

Gideon
Again, nothing to support that, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Again, nothing to support that, but I guess you're entitled to your opinion. thats all it is. I wish more people here accepted that.

Sesse
Yes.
Entitled to an opinion.

Entitled to overrule facts with ones fantasies?
Never.

Rogue Jedi
there you go with your facts again. one would think with all your "facts" that you are in fact George Lucas.

Sesse
I know how to use facts to back up my statements. A good skill to have.

Rogue Jedi
sure you do. way to go, champ.

Blax_Hydralisk
You mean like the fact that TIE fighters make noises in space?

Facts and Star Wars don't mix. I don't know why I make the mistake of sometimes thinking it does.

Gideon
With all due respect, Blaxican, that is no excuse for someone to flaunt their opinions without the benefit of logical support and expect others to take it seriously or it to constitute as the truth. The fact remains that aside of a few moments of dominance held by both combatants, neither Yoda nor Palpatine demonstrate powers or abilities that surpass the other.

Blax_Hydralisk
I know. I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass.

Gideon
I know. I'm just pulling stuff out of my ass.

I'm not quite ready to leave just yet. no expression

Blax_Hydralisk
I was talking to Advent this morning. She says she's done with you. Forever. She's moving on to the dark meat.

Rogue Jedi
With all due respect, Blaxican, that is no excuse for someone to flaunt their opinions without the benefit of logical support and expect others to take it seriously or it to constitute as the truth. The fact remains that aside of a few moments of dominance held by both combatants, neither Yoda nor Palpatine demonstrate powers or abilities that surpass the other. translation=the fight was a draw.

queeq
Weren't we discussing this in another thread?

General G
It's a big topic, one that needs repeating...

queeq
No it doesn't.

General G
Tell that to others.

The Great Galen
From what I understand Yoda and Sidious could not kill one another due to circumstances beyond there control. They both represented the "Light and Dark"side of the force so if any of them did die the balance would have been disrupted...the only person who is capable of disrupting this flow is Vader. In the end it was a stalemate.

El Thorin
Five pages of arguments.

Wow.

queeq
Originally posted by The Great Galen
From what I understand Yoda and Sidious could not kill one another due to circumstances beyond there control. They both represented the "Light and Dark"side of the force so if any of them did die the balance would have been disrupted...

And WHERE did we see this in the movies?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by General G
Tell that to others. *tells it to others*

OK, now what? confused

queeq
Good question.

General G
*tells it to others*

OK, now what? confused

Und jetzt...Wir warten.

queeq
Scheisse.

General G
Schlecht!!

queeq
Wieso?

General G
Scheisse ist schlecht.

queeq
Wieso?

General G
Scheisse ist schlecht.

JackieCD
Draw, but Yoda would have won in the end.

queeq
Scheisse ist schlecht.

Dass ist zweimal dasselbe...

Darth Martin
Yoda was superior and would've won if neither of them fell.

Man of Christ
" Into exile i must go. Failed I have"

MrCampion
Yoda. If he had not fallen and given Palpatine time to summon guards he could have jumped up and taken him.

queeq
If... if... if... If I had a life I wouldn't be here.

Yoda lost, he ran, he failed, he said so himself.

General G
laughing out loud

Dass ist zweimal dasselbe...

Wie so?

queeq
Darum

MrCampion
If... if... if... If I had a life I wouldn't be here.

Yoda lost, he ran, he failed, he said so himself.

Yes he failed because he didn't take him while the oppurtunity presented itself. It doesn't mean he would not have emerged as the victor if the fight had come to a natural uninterrupted end.
There is a difference, queeq and I wish you would not be so quick to mock or possess a close mind. Be open to new ideas if you expect others to be open to yours.

queeq
More ifs.... If I had money and a life, I wouldn't be on here. But what's that to you?

If Anakin had not fallen there would be no OT.
If GL did not live there would be no SW.
If Yoda did not run he might have won.

But in all cases, that didn't happen... If's are useless in determining who won this fight: Sidious did because Yoda ran.

Now the question who, in the end is stronger, that the movies do not answer in a satisfactory way.

Rogue Jedi
More ifs.... If I had money and a life, I wouldn't be on here. But what's that to you?

If Anakin had not fallen there would be no OT.
If GL did not live there would be no SW.
If Yoda did not run he might have won.

But in all cases, that didn't happen... If's are useless in determining who won this fight: Sidious did because Yoda ran.

Now the question who, in the end is stronger, that the movies do not answer in a satisfactory way. what if Lando had told Vader "kiss my black ass, cracka?" laughing

MrCampion
Queeq there is no reason to be so rude.

Rogue Jedi
how is queeq being rude?

queeq
Good question. Sounded like a debate to me.

I like the Lando line, I better mail it to GL for his SSSSE.

General G
If the ship in Episode 1 never got hit, there would be no Anakin...
If Watto wasn't immune to force powers, Anakin would be another face
If Anakin didn't win the podrace, he wouldn't have been freed
If QGJ didn't die, Anakin might have turned out better
If Maul wasn't so awesome looking, he wouldn't have any fans
If General Grievous could use the force, he wold dominate all
If the Jedi weren't so arrogant, they might have done better
If General Grievous beat OB1, I would be happier
If Anakin didn't get burned, Darth Vader would be stronger
If Tatooine was a more developed planet, there would be no slaves

Wow, no more if's...

Darth Hord
If the ship in Episode 1 never got hit, there would be no Anakin...
If Watto wasn't immune to force powers, Anakin would be another face
If Anakin didn't win the podrace, he wouldn't have been freed
If QGJ didn't die, Anakin might have turned out better
If Maul wasn't so awesome looking, he wouldn't have any fans
If General Grievous could use the force, he wold dominate all
If the Jedi weren't so arrogant, they might have done better
If General Grievous beat OB1, I would be happier
If Anakin didn't get burned, Darth Vader would be stronger
If Tatooine was a more developed planet, there would be no slaves

Wow, no more if's...

If Luke didn't blow up the death star, bye bye princess
If Sidious wasn't deformed he would look normal
If Jango didn't meet Dooku we have no Boba
If there were no sith we would have no story
If there was no R2 the heroes would died/captured in every movie.
If Qui-gon wasn't outspoke he would be on the council

I don't feel like going on

General G
Yeah, no kidding, they can go on forever!

Darth Hord
FOR-E-VER

General G
Indeed.

queeq
If there was no forever, there wouldn't be any debate.

Rogue Jedi
Good question. Sounded like a debate to me.

I like the Lando line, I better mail it to GL for his SSSSE. Lando got pwnt. laughing out loud

queeq
Hehehe

Rogue Jedi
well, depends on your POV. he DID in fact spit in Vaders face and escape.

queeq
Spit? In what SSSSSE was that?

General G
The 4th or the 5th I believe.

Rogue Jedi
Spit? In what SSSSSE was that? figure of speech.

queeq
Ah.... in SW??

Rogue Jedi
in my head.

queeq
I don't want to go there. wink

General G
You already have.

queeq
Errm.... yeah.... right.

General G
Exactly.

queeq
Well, you're not but apparantly it makes you happy to be told that you are right. Happy New Year, G.

General G
It makes me happy when I am right...

Happy New Years to you too, queeq.

queeq
You're not happy very often then. wink

General G
ooooh...that's how it's gonna be?

queeq
If you want. evil face

General G
Oh...it's on...it's on like Donkey Kong.

The JenR
Wone

General G
hehe

Have you wone?

queeq
Very wone.

General G
Don't lie, you have never wone.

queeq
I wone a lot.

General G
So you think.

queeq
I wone every day.

General G
You never will...and never have wone.

queeq
Like you'd know.

Time to close.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.