Star Wars returns to theaters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
During one of the stock holder meetings, Hasbro announced LucasFilm would have a theatrical debut of their "Lucas cinamation"(Clone Wars) that "Star Wars will be back in theaters 08/08/08."

LORD JLRTENJAC
8/8/08 You keep reminding me one way or another...

The big EH
sounds interesting

MadMel
so basically its the clone wars cartoon on the big screen?
nice big grin

LORD JLRTENJAC
It's the first of the CGI series... isn't it?

Faith27
wait..is this new episode or they just re-release one episode?

exanda kane
I heard about this. Way to cash in on low brow entertainment now the Prequels have thankfully ended!

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Faith27
wait..is this new episode or they just re-release one episode?

It is not this series:
http://www.basement24.com/galleries/starwars/2006/clone-wars-contest.jpg

It is this series:
http://moviepatron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/sw_tvshow.jpg
^ Celebration IV poster

Directed by: Dave Filoni
Produced by: Catherine Winder

For any who don't know and want to know:
In 2008, Star Wars: The Clone Wars expands the Star Wars universe with plenty of surprises. This week, Lucasfilm begins offering a glimpse at some of these surprises during the annual Toy Fair events around the world. As it unveiled many of its upcoming toys and collectibles, including those from the Clone Wars TV series, among the familiar characters like Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda is a mysterious new Padawan named Ahsoka Tano.
This young Togruta is eager to prove herself as a worthy Padawan to her bold Master, Anakin Skywalker. Able to wield a lightsaber and pilot a spacecraft with great talent, Ahsoka promises to become a worthy Jedi.

There is much more to learn about Ahsoka and the role she plays in the epic Clone Wars adventures and the Star Wars saga. Keep checking StarWars.com as more news comes to light about the series and this intriguing new Padawan.

Gambler
The new CGI project looks TERRIBLE!!!!!! They remind me of dolls

fascistcrusader
Of course the new CGI project looks terrible, instead of using realistic looking CGI, like with Advent Children, they just made the deformed animation style of the cartoon 3D. Why in god's name they did this I don't know, but whoever made that decision is a moron.

0°Mandalore°0
I agree. They should've used the CW cartoons to create a new series or new movies maybe from the years between ROTS and ANH, or something like that.

JediSamuraiMRB
Scenes from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Coming soon to a theater near you..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW2.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW3.jpg

Elite Hunter
One big reason why I like this series is that I heard it will make the jedi seem less like gods as seen in the previous clone wars series and thus overriding it as canon. And I agree whoever came up with this CGI needs a good slap in the face.

ThoraxeRMG
FFFFFFF****! I was hoping to see a new movie!

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Scenes from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Coming soon to a theater near you..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW2.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/SW3.jpg

The CGI may not be the best, but I think the story will be really good.

LORD JLRTENJAC
For any who haven't seen it

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

My appologies for the doubble-post.

McLovin
That looks horrible.

Tangible God
Money-grabbing *ssholes.

LORD JLRTENJAC
It looks like the story will be good. It is the un-told story of a war that truly little is known about. There have been stories, here and there, but this will finally delve into the true conflict of one of the largest wars in galactic history: The Clone Wars.

There is a documentry on StarWars.com. I can't get to it now since I am at my grandparents' house, and they have dial-up. sad

exanda kane
Nah, the story will be as good as the Prequels. Poor.

Lord Knightfa11
dude. ratattoille with lightsabers... fix that animation somebody... my eyes....

Poor cory, they didnt pick him for the next star wars movie... oh no, this is years before katarn was born! what will we do?

Lord Knightfa11
will cute little womp rats make the clone's rations? is there a womp rat jedi master who hides under anakin's hat and makes him fight well by pulling on his hair?

Will LucasArts realize they might have done better with star wars VII (poor idea as it is) or a TFU movie?!? maybe even a 3.5 movie where they show vader hunting the jedi?

Gambler
Now even Kotor games and comic books have slowly outclassed the crappy prequels. All hail to the outworn Classic Star Wars, which we are getting tired of. Lol, Lucas, buddy, now you see how greed can f@&% things up!

Am I going to watch these series? I hope so!

But they should really reconsider making kotor movies. How long can one earn on the outworn Skywalker story? I only hope we will see less of A.Skywalker, because that character was screwed up, already from TPM.

Lord Knightfa11
I would LOVE A STAR WARS KOTOR trilogy...

STAR WARS
The Rise of Revan

STAR WARS
Rebirth of a Hero

STAR WARS
The Death of Malak

LORD JLRTENJAC
Woa, easy people, the animation doesn't mean everything. Don't Judge a book by it's cover, and don't judge a show by it's animation.

Documentry here: http://starwars.com/ It pops right up on the front page.
Additional stuff http://starwars.com/theclonewars/
Originally posted by exanda kane
Nah, the story will be as good as the Prequels. Poor.

Hey, EpI and II were aweful but EPIII was good. I think that it will be atleast on par with EPIII.

exanda kane
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
Hey, EpI and II were aweful but EPIII was good. I think that it will be atleast on par with EPIII.

No it wasn't.

Gambler
A.Skywalker looks so terrible. They remind me of dolls carved out of wood.

P.S.They even mentioned Skywalker having his own padawan Ahsoka? lol! wtf?

LORD JLRTENJAC
No it wasn't.

Go home.

Elite Hunter
It is a personal choice but I too prefer ROTS to all the other movies and for me I like it just as much as ESB.

LORD JLRTENJAC
ROTS would be almost as good as the sequals were it not for Hayden's pitiful acting.

The big EH
your all quite frankly tools, stop bitching about how they didn't use "advent children" (which gargles my balls) cgi, this does fit star wars and it's a shitload easier than drawing freehand full length movies. the story line is about a war they cant screw it up and the reason the prequel sucked compared to the original is for two reasons, 1. we knew all the big plot details beforehand, 2. it was kept to telling the story about a whiny little *****. this will be good lucas is really happy with it so far and if it's anything like the previous series it will be awesome, so stop bitching about a few bad installments and be glad star wars didn't die 20 years ago

LORD JLRTENJAC
Well said

Lord Knightfa11
yea... and hayden was too good at being a "whiny *****"..... smile

Lord Knightfa11
and, they could have had him less whiney, and cast arnold swartchenaeger as anakin... think about it.

what? I no master? prepare to be terminated....

Vera21
Hayden was actually quite good in Jumper.

I vomit at the thought of a KOTOR movie, though.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Vera21
Hayden was actually quite good in Jumper.

I vomit at the thought of a KOTOR movie, though.

Yea, Kotor was too good to be crammed into a movie.

exanda kane
Originally posted by The big EH
your all quite frankly tools, stop bitching about how they didn't use "advent children" (which gargles my balls) cgi, this does fit star wars and it's a shitload easier than drawing freehand full length movies. the story line is about a war they cant screw it up and the reason the prequel sucked compared to the original is for two reasons, 1. we knew all the big plot details beforehand, 2. it was kept to telling the story about a whiny little *****. this will be good lucas is really happy with it so far and if it's anything like the previous series it will be awesome, so stop bitching about a few bad installments and be glad star wars didn't die 20 years ago

It's "you're," and SW should have died twenty years ago. At least it's memory would have been preserved and not thrown down the toilet, and we would think nostalgically about two great films and a great trilogy overall. Again, the animation is a mixed bag, but it's certainly not gonna distract if the story is as mediocre as can be expected. Again, my two cents Mr.Tool.

LORD JLRTENJAC
It's "you're," and SW should have died twenty years ago. At least it's memory would have been preserved and not thrown down the toilet, and we would think nostalgically about two great films and a great trilogy overall. Again, the animation is a mixed bag, but it's certainly not gonna distract if the story is as mediocre as can be expected. Again, my two cents Mr.Tool.

Yea, but if Star Wars had died 20 years ago, you wouldn't have anything to cry about, besides there are great things that have come from Star Wars since.

exanda kane
Great things like? Maybe you like Jedi-homoerotism and the phallic imagery of two sabers duelling, but I don't. So yeah, call me if you find anything good.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Great things like? Maybe you like Jedi-homoerotism and the phallic imagery of two sabers duelling, but I don't. So yeah, call me if you find anything good.

Knights of the old Republic (First game and comic series)
Darth Bane
Tales of the Jedi
and the Force Unleashed sounds good also.

And if you think that the OT is the only good series then why do you even come to this forum?

exanda kane
Reasons are my own, but it does get a tad dull debating with morons who can't even put forth a valid argument; ring any bells? At the end of the day, this "feature," shows how Lucas likes to cash in with the excuse of trying out new technologies.

Captain REX
I wish I could use that excuse...

LORD JLRTENJAC
Reasons are my own, but it does get a tad dull debating with morons who can't even put forth a valid argument; ring any bells? At the end of the day, this "feature," shows how Lucas likes to cash in with the excuse of trying out new technologies.

It's interesting that you say I have no valid arguments when you can only throw out insults.

exanda kane

Lord Knightfa11
If star wars had died 20 years ago,there are a bunch of things I would miss...

um...

KOTOR

the cool scenes in episode III where he slaughters all of the Seperatists.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Not even all would be right with the world. Think of all the companies that have flourished because of Star Wars. And all of the Hilarious parodees out there. Star wars would only be 3 great movies, but since it didn't die, it is an in-depth universe of stories, which rivals Middle Earth!

Any way, back to the topic on hand, I wonder if it will follow through the battles that are fought during the time of Episode 3, you know, the ones that Obi and Ani weren't in.

sweersa
Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Not even all would be right with the world. Think of all the companies that have flourished because of Star Wars. And all of the Hilarious parodees out there. Star wars would only be 3 great movies, but since it didn't die, it is an in-depth universe of stories, which rivals Middle Earth!

Any way, back to the topic on hand, I wonder if it will follow through the battles that are fought during the time of Episode 3, you know, the ones that Obi and Ani weren't in.

Whats Middle Earth? I am actually serious.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by sweersa
Whats Middle Earth? I am actually serious.

Its the land where alot of J.R.R Tolkien's stories like Lord of the rings, the hobbit and The Silmarillion takes place in. Im surprised you never heard of it sweers.

sweersa
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Its the land where alot of J.R.R Tolkien's stories like Lord of the rings, the hobbit and The Silmarillion takes place in. Im surprised you never heard of it sweers.

Oh, I remember, I am not a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I have yet to see all of the movies. They look awesome I just haven't sat down to watch them all yet.

Kapton JAC
The events of Middle-earth is one of the most well created stories, to the point that it can be considered it's one world. few to no stories have reached that magnitude, and with out the EU Star Wars wouldn't have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.