Kang the Conqueror vs Dr Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
1 hour prep.

No magic.

Who wins?

TricksterPriest
Hard to say. Doom is good, but Kang's one of the few people who could match him and beat him.

guy222
bumprav

Phantom Zone
Kang has better tech but Doom seems smarter. However I don't think Doom could beat Kang easily if Kang knew Doom was coming for him.

rougeredmage
neither of them can win because their is a distnct possibility that they are either closely related.... or even the same person. meaning that they are interdependant on one another for survivial thus i say stalemate

redhotrash
Doom wins this. A lot of Kang's tech he merely stole in the future, while Doom created everything he has. Now some people would say Kang has a advantage over Doom because his tech is from the future while Doom's is current. But I disagree. If Doom created his own stuff, which is unarguably way ahead of its time, and he doesnt share his secrets like Iron Man does, then Doom's tech should be obsolete for a very long time as no one else can pattern their gear after it accurately. But yeah Doom the person is a lot smarter, and wouldnt need the prep time as Im sure he already has a plan set up for Kang after their Infinity fight.

Bentley
I think that without magic, Doom loses his most important edge.

Doom himself stated that Kang has incredible technology and he is much more of a warrior. Doom's prep is amazing but Kang is no fool in feats: He has killed everyone of his alternate selves, conquered 616 Earth without using his future army -just his ship- while facing the Avengers and the Master of the Universe who prepped against him, and has created several time-traveling technologies including a device that can resurrect him. He is also a master planner -just look at all the manipulations done by Immortus, which was just a future Kang up to his last appearance in Avengers forever-.

Another thing to consider is that Kang always holds back, for sheer pride and for the thrill of the hunt; considering his history with Doom he could take off the kiddie gloves and go all out, and no plot device will be there to tip the scales in Doom's favor this time.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Bentley I think that without magic, Doom loses his most important edge.

Doom himself stated that Kang has incredible technology and he is much more of a warrior. Doom's prep is amazing but Kang is no fool in feats: He has killed everyone of his alternate selves, conquered 616 Earth without using his future army -just his ship- while facing the Avengers and the Master of the Universe who prepped against him, and has created several time-traveling technologies including a device that can resurrect him. He is also a master planner -just look at all the manipulations done by Immortus, which was just a future Kang up to his last appearance in Avengers forever-.

Another thing to consider is that Kang always holds back, for sheer pride and for the thrill of the hunt; considering his history with Doom he could take off the kiddie gloves and go all out, and no plot device will be there to tip the scales in Doom's favor this time. Doom has take over 616-Earth three times. One time, he gave control back to 616-Earth because he got bored and proved how well he could run it as long as he had their obedience. It's easy to forget what Kang has actually done. He has performed impressive feats, Kang Dynasty is a great read. I still prefer Emperor Doom though. Doom's feats are more impressive. Most of which involve no magic at all and very little prep time.

Doom has also killed Kang. Twice. Seriously. In Secret Wars and in Infinity War. No magic again.

Doom 7/10.

Bentley
While Doom has great feats, he has achieved his greatest feats through plot devices, Kang in the other hand uses his own resources. Of course, if Kang plays fair like he is used to, he is likely to lose, going all out he won't.

When you say that Doom killed Kang twice you probably mean the alternate Doom that made Ultron kill (an alternate) Kang and the time Doom cheap-shotted Kang after he went one on one against Magus. The battles didn't show prep time neither.

We know that people like Doom better than Kang, so in the big events they use PIS to make him win. In a no-PIS scenario, like in this forum, the result would be entirely different.

Endless Mike
They've fought before, I forget who won

Bentley
I haven't read any confrontation appart from the two mentioned above.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Bentley
While Doom has great feats, he has achieved his greatest feats through plot devices, Kang in the other hand uses his own resources. Of course, if Kang plays fair like he is used to, he is likely to lose, going all out he won't.
When you say that Doom killed Kang twice you probably mean the alternate Doom that made Ultron kill (an alternate) Kang and the time Doom cheap-shotted Kang after he went one on one against Magus. The battles didn't show prep time neither.There is no alternate Doom. Secret Wars Doom is 616-Doom. Doom prepped Ultron to kill Kang who had the villains on his side. Kang went down and left himself vulnerable to Doom in Infinity War, his fault for leaving himself open as both were plotting to kill each other.

What PIS are you citing that Doom, but not Kang, benefits from? And in a straight up fight, Doom's armor is greater than Kang's by far.

namorsubby
kang

Mr Master
Kang has conquered and rules nearly 2000 entire alternate Universes.

Kang achieved this with his own resources,
while Doom's top feats are shrouded in stipulations.

Kang (not holding back) wins there.

While Doom has great feats,
he has achieved his greatest feats through plot devices,
Kang in the other hand uses his own resources.

When you say that Doom killed Kang twice
you probably mean the alternate Doom that made Ultron kill (an alternate) Kang and the time Doom cheap-shotted Kang after he went one on one against Magus. The battles didn't show prep time neither.

We know that people like Doom better than Kang, so in the big events they use PIS to make him win.

In a no-PIS scenario,
like in this forum, the result would be entirely different.
thumb up

Concerning all here, imo, Reed is the man. smile

Reed, has done it all.

Mindset
Doom > Reed

namorsubby
kang > doom

Mindset
Doom > Kang

namorsubby
nope.

Mindset
yup.

namorsubby
nope x2.

kang is like doom, but just better. like a tech 9 being compared to one with an extended clip. kang is pretty similar to doom, just better at what he......i mean they, do.

Mindset
Kang is like Doom, except vastly inferior.

namorsubby
because?

Mindset
I guess the writers wanted it to be like that.

namorsubby
laughing funny.

kang FTW

Bouboumaster
Doom

Nihilist
with 1 hour prep kang would take it imo...just

Bentley
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
What PIS are you citing that Doom, but not Kang, benefits from? And in a straight up fight, Doom's armor is greater than Kang's by far.

Recently Doom's armor has been going one to one against Ironman's, magic being the deciding factor for Doom to win. In the other hand, Ironlad with Kang's armor one-shotted Tony.

I mentioned the PIS because neither Magus nor Ultron, will be helping Doom this time around. Leaving yourself open against a superior oponent -like Magus- is hardly a bad feat, so no, this has nothing to do with the current scenario. PIS affects every character, but in those instances it was against Kang.

OneDumbG0
Recently Doom's armor has been going one to one against Ironman's, magic being the deciding factor for Doom to win. In the other hand, Ironlad with Kang's armor one-shotted Tony.

I mentioned the PIS because neither Magus nor Ultron, will be helping Doom this time around. Leaving yourself open against a superior oponent -like Magus- is hardly a bad feat, so no, this has nothing to do with the current scenario. PIS affects every character, but in those instances it was against Kang. Doom, who was ambushed in his castle, went one on one with Extremis Iron Man. Every other time Doom has faced Iron Man, Stark was embarrassed. When did Iron Lad one-shot Extremis Iron Man? And seriously... who has Kang beaten with his armor?

Doom has always gotten the better of Kang when they play the deception/opportunity/preparation game against each other. You want to ignore that big elephant in the room, go right ahead.

Bentley
So when Doom is ambushed in his castle -which is his main base and its full of defenses- then troubles are understandable, but when Kang is strayed into a planet by a night omnipotent force such as the Beyonder, away from his base and tech, then he loses because he is a chump. Of course, I think I see your logic.

Again, if you can't see the fact that in Infinity Wars Kang went against Magus, a more experienced Warlock and went down only because those circumstances -which Doom took advantage of-, not willing to believe that Doom would have been defeated the same way, and unwilling to recognize it as PIS... Well, thats your choice to make; personally I don't see that as prepping and deception, but merely chance. So yes, Doom is luckier -or maybe, he is more popular with the readers-, not that I see how it scotches here. And I guess that if Doom found Ultron it had to be thanks to his cunning and not by circumstances... Nah.

Who has Kang defeated with his armor? Well, he has KOed Thor; hurt the Silver Surfer; one-shot the Thing, Wonderman and Tempus; not counting taking down the Sh'iar and the Badon armies in his own reality -not by himself but we know he was in the frontlines-; all that from the top of my mind. And trust me, he would absolutely stomp Ironman one on one.

OneDumbG0
So when Doom is ambushed in his castle -which is his main base and its full of defenses- then troubles are understandable, but when Kang is strayed into a planet by a night omnipotent force such as the Beyonder, away from his base and tech, then he loses because he is a chump. Of course, I think I see your logic.Doom went back in time, banged Morgan le Fay and as soon as he stepped back, the Mighty Avengers crashed into his castle and Iron Man confronted him. Kang actually teched himself out with the alien technology that Beyonder brought onto Battleword. Good job reading Secret Wars. And nice attempt to mischaracterize my argument. Kang's a chump because he got chumped by Doom twice. Kang's armor has never shown any kind of superiority over Doom's. Prove otherwise if you're able.
Again, if you can't see the fact that in Infinity Wars Kang went against Magus, a more experienced Warlock and went down only because those circumstances -which Doom took advantage of-, not willing to believe that Doom would have been defeated the same way, and unwilling to recognize it as PIS... Well, thats your choice to make; personally I don't see that as prepping and deception, but merely chance. So yes, Doom is luckier -or maybe, he is more popular with the readers-, not that I see how it scotches here. And I guess that if Doom found Ultron it had to be thanks to his cunning and not by circumstances... Nah.Did you even read Infinity War? Doom and Kang were plotting to kill each other the entire time. Doom was in the same fight against Magus and Adam Warlock. And guess who eventually beat all three other opponents? Yea... it was Doom:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus01IW5.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus05.jpg
Who has Kang defeated with his armor? Well, he has KOed Thor; hurt the Silver Surfer; one-shot the Thing, Wonderman and Tempus; not counting taking down the Sh'iar and the Badon armies in his own reality -not by himself but we know he was in the frontlines-; all that from the top of my mind. And trust me, he would absolutely stomp Ironman one on one. Show me scans of Kang using his armor to do these things. Pretty sure he's using plot device weapons he brings with them for nearly every feat you mentioned. Not that Doom doesn't have his fair share of gadgets, which happen to defeat beings like Beyonder, Galactus, etc. But armor to armor? Doom has superior feats. Prove otherwise if you're able. Kang got one-shotted by Ultron. He also got stomped by Cap.

Phantom Zone
I like Kang but basically Dr Doom is the Daddy. Dr Doom is probably one of the greatest supervillains.....yeah you could mention Thanos but he has alot of advantages that Doom hasn't. All things considered Doom is the king of supervillains.

Bentley
Doom went back in time, banged Morgan le Fay and as soon as he stepped back, the Mighty Avengers crashed into his castle and Iron Man confronted him. Kang actually teched himself out with the alien technology that Beyonder brought onto Battleword. Good job reading Secret Wars. And nice attempt to mischaracterize my argument. Kang's a chump because he got chumped by Doom twice. Kang's armor has never shown any kind of superiority over Doom's. Prove otherwise if you're able.

My point talking about the Mighty Avengers is that circumstances are fundamental for interpretation, you cannot just choose to consider the situation Doom was in, and ignore that Kang was put down by Ultron and not Doom. See Ultron in this battle? No.

I don't think that the Beyonder would let Kang travel through time just like that. As I said, he was away from his base.

Did you even read Infinity War? Doom and Kang were plotting to kill each other the entire time. Doom was in the same fight against Magus and Adam Warlock. And guess who eventually beat all three other opponents? Yea... it was Doom:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus01IW5.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus04.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsMagus05.jpg

Lets see the number of times Magus attacked Doom in this scans: 0. He cheapshotted his way into advantage while Magus was worrying about the cubes, and decided to ignore Doom completely. Heck, Kang was hit four times by Magus and Doom just came to cheapshot him too in the end. In a forum battle Doom is not going to cheapshot anyone and Kang won't be already down after fighting Magus.

You can bring up both this battles as many times as you want, but its still a PIS scenario, and neither Kang or Doom did as much as to raise a shield.

Show me scans of Kang using his armor to do these things. Pretty sure he's using plot device weapons he brings with them for nearly every feat you mentioned.

Kang can summon weapons through the time-stream with his armor, its among its abilities, making those plot devices weapons usable even in a no-prep scenario. Nifty skill from an armor, Doom has nothing like that.

I'll put a scan of Kang destroying Tempus to see some armor power:

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4503/tempus1ob2.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/6606/tempus2je2.jpg

Not that Doom doesn't have his fair share of gadgets, which happen to defeat beings like Beyonder, Galactus, etc.

Doom defeat the Beyonder? I will leave that discussion to Mr. Master.

But armor to armor? Doom has superior feats. Prove otherwise if you're able. Kang got one-shotted by Ultron. He also got stomped by Cap.

So you think that Kang fighting hand to hand against Cap is a bad showing? Against Cap with no power of whatsoever in his armor and weapons? Heck! Kang held his ground against one of the best martial artists of Marvel Earth without any help or whatsoever from his armor. I don't see the point of bringing up this feat.

And Kang was one-shotted by Ultron of course... When hit by a beam from Ultron which looks like the disintegrator which Doom thought destroyed Thor. Lets not forget some other facts:

-When Ultron started attacking, Doom declared that the only ones able to take him down would be Owen and Galactus. As a matter of fact, he said Ultron could kill him even with his armor.
-Later on, Doom upgraded Ultron using the technology of that planet.
-Kang was attacked after being freed from the hero base and fighting Thor. During this time nothing points towards Kang having any tech aside from his own, he was captured by the heros who had no interest in leaving such tech on him.
-Not at a single point Kang tried to defend himself during this showing, he tried to reason with Doom -probably knowing that he wouldn't be able to face Ultron, the villains and Doom at the same time anyways.

So an improved Ultron that was already more powerful than Doom attacked Kang who did not even fight back. That's what this feat amounts to, don't try to make it look like an all out intelligence and skill competition.

While I don't mind debating Kang against Doom, coming to this two "battles" each time gets a little circular. I will prepare something to compare armors, feel free to post feats about Doom's here if you want to.

Anti-Monitor
Bump

psycho gundam
good thread......this imo entirely depends on the prep time since they are pretty equal in most areas.

shit, kang could just gather his temporal selves making it like 2-n kangs versus doom, or this fight can go to who can kill each other as an infant first.

Phantom Zone
Alot of people bring up The Infinity War and state that Doom outsmarted Kang. In fact Doom simply took advantage of a situation which was just luck.

Mindset
Doom > Kang

psycho gundam
^ depending on the situation maybe, but then again doom is more popular :/

most of the time, kang is depicted with a better, more offensive/defensive battle suit. he has done well against the avengers single-handed (back in the day)

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom > Kang
Originally posted by Mr Master
Kang has conquered and rules nearly 2000 entire alternate Universes.

Bouboumaster
Doctor Doom ftw

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
And?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
And?

*shrug*

I agree with you. I was just being an ass.

Mindset
I know you agree with me, there's never been a time when you haven't.

*pimpslaps*

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Doctor Doom ftw

Regular Doom? Maybe. Without magic, no way.

Bentley
Now that Kang has its own respect thread, this match can be more equal shifty

Deadline
Im thinking Kang could win this.

Bentley
So, we have Doom Kang's tech is superior:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/Kang-Tech/Mysuperior.jpg

We have Iron-Lad handling Doom AND Magneto:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/Kang-Tech/PunksDoomMagneto.jpg

It looks more and more as if Kang tech put ahead of Doctor Doom don't you think?

psycho gundam
We have Iron-Lad handling Doom AND Magneto:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/Kang-Tech/PunksDoomMagneto.jpg

It looks more and more as if Kang tech put ahead of Doctor Doom don't you think? lol

and shooting kang like a lame horse makes you doom, too bad they didn't know that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.