Black Bolt screams bloody murder vs. Thor god-blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
Which one can do the most damage to other characters? Assume both go all out like their lives depend on it. Oh, and if it matters, compare classic Thor vs current too (dunno if godblast differs between the two)

Do they do different types of damage which would affect some characters more than others?

Nod
Godblast hurt Galactus. Could the scream do the same?

llagrok
Godblast, easily.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nod
Godblast hurt Galactus. Could the scream do the same?

It did in an alternate universe.

A full on scream could probably hurt the same Galactus that Thor scared off.

llagrok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It did in an alternate universe.

A full on scream could probably hurt the same Galactus that Thor scared off.

I think so too.

When people say God Blast though, I tend to think of the one he used on Exitar.

janus77
pretty even. neither is all that impressive. and neither would do anything to Juggernaut or the more durable characters.

Nod
Originally posted by janus77
pretty even. neither is all that impressive. and neither would do anything to Juggernaut or the more durable characters.

hysterical

Symmetric Chaos

The Godblast already pushed Juggernaut backwards which is more than just about anybody has ever done.

llagrok

And busted exitar's dome....

janus77
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The Godblast already pushed Juggernaut backwards which is more than just about anybody has ever done.
Hulk's done that too, not really a feat that leaves one hugely impressed.

if it had incinerated or KO'd Juggernaut, then that would have been truly impressive and somewhat worthy of the name "Godblast", rather than just giving juggernaut pause.

the exitar thing was Godblast + Belt of Power, wrapped around mjolnir to prevent the mallet from breaking. so that's a different level of power I reckon... that does sound impressive, yet istr that exitar has his dome bashed a bit by others too.

llagrok
the exitar thing was Godblast + Belt of Power, wrapped around mjolnir to prevent the mallet from breaking. so that's a different level of power I reckon... that does sound impressive, yet istr that exitar has his dome bashed a bit by others too.

No.... that is the true Godblast.

The Hulk has yet to actually push the Juggernaut backwards when he's got his forcefield up and is moving. We've only seen him slow the Juggernaut down.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by llagrok
Godblast, easily.

Larceny
Godblast easily. Also, when Thor used the god blast to crush Exitars dome he used the belt of strength to reinforce Mjolnir, making it more durable. It did not increase his power.

iceman24567
No.... that is the true Godblast.

The Hulk has yet to actually push the Juggernaut backwards when he's got his forcefield up and is moving. We've only seen him slow the Juggernaut down. Agreed i don't remember the Hulk stop the Juggernaut in World War Hulk if thats what hes talking about.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Larceny
Godblast easily. Also, when Thor used the god blast to crush Exitars dome he used the belt of strength to reinforce Mjolnir, making it more durable. It did not increase his power. I was under the impression it didnt make the hammer more durable it made him twice as strong. (Like the legend)

you have some scans?

Larceny
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I was under the impression it didnt make the hammer more durable it made him twice as strong. (Like the legend)

you have some scans?

How would a hammer increase it's strength? It wouldn't. If he meant for it to increase his strength he would have let it on his waist were it belongs. He purposely wrapped it around Mjolnir to reinforce it, making it more durable.

Val
Godblast, easily.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The God blast can likely do more focused DMG while the scream can do more wide spread dmg. If BB could focus his scream like Thor can focus the blast, I'd say the scream would do the same or more dmg. To date, the God blast hasn't impressed me all that much.

2damnloud
Thor's Godblast is poo poo trash. It's so weak.

I'm going with the scream.

Gecko4lif
How would a hammer increase it's strength? It wouldn't. If he meant for it to increase his strength he would have let it on his waist were it belongs. He purposely wrapped it around Mjolnir to reinforce it, making it more durable.

Well mjolnir is a mystic hammer. It isnt a strecth to say it could.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Thor's Godblast is poo poo trash. It's so weak.

I'm going with the scream.

So something that has feats is built on trash talk while the one that's completely hypothetical isn't?

lando005
Godblast easily. Also, when Thor used the god blast to crush Exitars dome he used the belt of strength to reinforce Mjolnir, making it more durable. It did not increase his power. agreed, also like nvr brought up earlier the god blast is a more focused beam type attack while the scream is more of an arched area of effect attack it makes it a bit harder to determine which is truely more powerful because of this, but as is i would say the more concentrated god blast is my pick.

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The God blast can likely do more focused DMG while the scream can do more wide spread dmg. If BB could focus his scream like Thor can focus the blast, I'd say the scream would do the same or more dmg. To date, the God blast hasn't impressed me all that much.

no expression

Nearly kills Galactus....

Crushes Exitars dome....

Pushes Juggernaut back....

nvrbeenwthagirl
no expression

Nearly kills Galactus....

Crushes Exitars dome....

Pushes Juggernaut back....

How many times has big G been nearly killed? So many.

And Exactly how durable is a celestials armor?

juggs has been pushed back by war hulk.

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
The God blast can likely do more focused DMG while the scream can do more wide spread dmg. If BB could focus his scream like Thor can focus the blast, I'd say the scream would do the same or more dmg. To date, the God blast hasn't impressed me all that much. Black Bolt has focused his scream before, an invention by Reed let him do it.

It overpowered Doom (like, Doom absorbed too much power) when Doom had the powers of a Watcher. smile

Then there was the feat in the Illuminati...

SuperiorTech
Dazzler can handle the voice

http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc662/th_70348_1_122_662lo.jpghttp://img107.imagevenue.com/loc953/th_70354_2_122_953lo.jpg

http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc695/th_70355_4_122_695lo.jpghttp://img41.imagevenue.com/loc815/th_70360_5_122_815lo.jpg

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Dazzler can handle the voice
Dazzler would have been taking in the sonic booms and putting them into light...

I hope you're not trying to say the voice should have hurt her. erm

xmarksthespot
I thought at some point it was retconned from being just sound to being some sort of electron based quasisonic doohickey attack.

And War Hulk didn't push back Juggernaut to my recollection. I recall Juggernaut tripping or something...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I thought at some point it was retconned from being just sound to being some sort of electron based quasisonic doohickey attack.

And War Hulk didn't push back Juggernaut to my recollection. I recall Juggernaut tripping or something...

If I remember correctly, Juggy was stunned becuz war hulk manged to push him back or stop him from moving something like that. As far as Thor and the God blast, I thought the ground gave way under juggy.

lando005
war hulk stop and then pushed juggernaut back, the god blast stopped him then the ground gave way under him

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

And War Hulk didn't push back Juggernaut to my recollection. I recall Juggernaut tripping or something... It is/was. But, it still gives off sonic booms, if I remember correctly, which also help cause the damage...?

War Hulk, IMO, stopped Juggs... though the Godblast did much worse.

And Nvr, that happened to Juggs after he was forced backwards... he kept on going backwards, then the ground gave way.

IIRC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.