Perfect Casting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Post examples of what you believe to be perfect casting.

Have fun and elaborate!

jaden101
i thought that gettysburg was about as perfect a casting as you could get although you dont really know it until they show the comparisons of the actors and the people they played at the end of the film

wuTa
To have the perfect cast you need the perfect story/script, perfect director for that story, and obviously perfect actors for that story. To have all 3 of those things in one movie is next to impossibile but the movies that I think come close to that are The Godfather, Goodfellas, American Pyscho, Pulp Fiction, Batman Begins, and Transpoiting, I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty of movies, but those are the ones that just came off the top of my head.

Vinny Valentine
A Perfect Cast would make a Movie Fail.

chillmeistergen
American Beauty and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

=Tired Hiker=
The perfect cast . . .

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m168/TiredHiker/gongoodman.jpg

ragesRemorse
The dude is hard to top

I think Fargo, Fight club and american beauty had nearly perfect casts too

chillmeistergen
How could I forget Fargo? That was classic casting.

SelphieT
Shaun of the Dead.

Don't think I really have to explain there.

Menetnashté
Fight Club, Predator, Rocky, Full Metal Jacket (Gunny wink )

Mairuzu
Across the universe smile

Mark Question
Kilmer: The Doors.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by wuTa
To have the perfect cast you need the perfect story/script, perfect director for that story, and obviously perfect actors for that story. To have all 3 of those things in one movie is next to impossibile but the movies that I think come close to that are The Godfather, Goodfellas, American Pyscho, Pulp Fiction, Batman Begins, and Transpoiting, I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty of movies, but those are the ones that just came off the top of my head.

Honestly... perfect casting in no way requires perfect directing story, etc. A movie can have wonderfully casted actors but a weak director.

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
A Perfect Cast would make a Movie Fail.

Just... no.

My own addition: Everyone in the Lord of the Rings trilogy was pretty much perfectly cast.

RedAlertv2
American Beauty, Oceans 11 spring to mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.